TurboTax Business Reviews & Product Details

TurboTax Business Overview

What is TurboTax Business?

With TurboTax Business, you don’t need to know a thing about business taxes.

TurboTax Business Details

With TurboTax Business, you don’t need to know a thing about business taxes.

Intuit
$6,784
@Intuit
12,310 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.

TurboTax Business Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TurboTax Business community
Have you used TurboTax Business before?

TurboTax Business Reviews

Showing 74 TurboTax Business reviews
Already have TurboTax Business?
Executive Director
Owner/Creative Director
What do you like best?

I've been using TurboTax for several years. It's really a time saver. The questions are well written. And when I have needed clarity on an issue, I've always been able to find the answer in the support forum. It's very easy to navigate within the software when you have to stop working on a particular area and revisit it later. The GUI is well designed. And there's a great feature at the end that indicates your chances of getting an audit and why you rank at that risk level. LOVE this software. Can't see switching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that my spouse stops me and asks me how much we're getting in a refund before I'm done. Oh, wait. That's not TurboTax's fault. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is just a fantastic tool. I actually look forward to doing taxes now. Which is a bit weird. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It costs me less than $80 for the software. I've been using it for 12 years, so I've gotten very efficient with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

I like that it guides me through the process so I don't miss anything. If I have a question I can dig deeper into a segment and there are links to information and tips. I can opt to purchase a professional back up in case of an audit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to print a checklist of general items to gather first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been a very effective way for me to do my tax prep and cut a major expense. It is fantastic for small businesses that are not complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer use an accountant to complete my taxes as my information is mostly straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual & Outside Sales Account Manager
What do you like best?

Although I have only been in business for 4 years, I have been using TurboTax for the past for 6 years. When I started my business, the 2 prior years of using TurboTax made me feel comfortable with processing my own tax returns with a degree of confidence. So far, all of my tax returns have been submitted without incident. It was a fairly easy process. They ask questions, I respond to them. In less than a couple of hours, my taxes were submitted to the IRS and relevant state. After using TurboTax, it makes it challenging to pay someone $400-800 to do my taxes for me. The business edition is a fraction of the cost of my last tax professional.

Last thought, one year, I had to call in to inquire about a prior year's return. And customer service was great! It could have been traumatic interaction (which tends to be a growing trend with interactions with companies' customer service departments these days). My issue was resolved on the call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only challenge with it is not being able to prepare previous year's tax returns after the fact via their website. You have to actually download a program to complete them. It did complicate things just a bit but not each to not using it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had no problems with TurboTax over the last 6 years (with the business and standard versions).

As far as the benefits, the savings is the first thing that comes to mind. Plus, there was the confidence in knowing that my taxes were done the right way. Humans are prone to error. Being able to do my taxes from the comfort of my home allowed time to double-check my entries before submitting them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's incredibly easy to use, has lots of added explanations for clarity, and the software itself is great at recognizing most errors. When you can actually get a hold of customer service reps, some go above and beyond to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The desktop interface is so clunky and outdated. I've used the web interface for filing personal taxes which works well, but all of their products that you have to download look terrible and take up a lot of space. Their customer service isn't the greatest either, sometimes taking many days to respond via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Turbotax is a must-use for pre-revenue startups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Turbotax has helped us save thousands of dollars by being able to file on our own and not have to file a CPA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly and allows the user to get help whenever they need it. Which is important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have never been any issues using this software for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For beginners, this application is the step-by-step guide that walks you through the complete filing process from start to finish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall, Turbo Tax for Business make tax prep and preparation of a return a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UU
What do you like best?

I really like how it walks the customer through the entire process. No need to remember every detail because turbo tax will prompt you to remember. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some of the questions can be confusing, but thankfully turbo tax has a lot of good support and help when questions arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on the fence of whether to use turbo tax, go for it! It is a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is much easier for me to do my taxes at home with turbo tax rather than going to a CPA. Also, it is much more affordable to do this rather than going to a CPA or a tax professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bank Teller
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I like the way they take all W2 information and step by step provide all detail information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, for special cases, steps are not much easy to follow and confusing. I would recommended that please provide more steps with details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At organization level, we are using it to file taxes. It provides accurate results. No hassle and easy to file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

It is a very convenient way to file taxes and the support is also outstanding. Always had great experience once the time comes for tax filing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support and customer reach out in case a tax form is missing. This year for the first time I had a experience where I didn’t have a form and because of that IRS contacted via mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to follow the instructions properly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While filing taxes the software makes it very easy to understand and straight forward instructions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I own a small business and don't have a huge budget for taxes every year. This is where turbo tax business comes in. The cost is low compared to having a tax preparer do everything which can get very expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once a section is completed it can sometimes be hard to return exactly where you would like. You have to go through several steps just to get to one section you would like to revise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have a lot of experience with other tax software/websites, but I would consider different options before picking the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has saved me money on preparing my taxes every year and it is guaranteed to get the most deductions which is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting Reporting Manager
Insurance
What do you like best?

IT is a great product for small business and allows for easy to collect and report accounting and tax related information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expense reporting and revenue reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notary Public
What do you like best?

Turbo tax business helps you find a lot of items to deduct for your business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Turbo tax let's you start filling your taxes online for free,then when you're almost finished it charges you a fee to file business taxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to spend more money to file your taxes,then use TurboTax, they cost to much for you doing all the work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving no business problems with them. I have not found any benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a great product and it's very easy to use. if you looking for a great product to do your tact return Turbo Tac is the way to go! Highly recommended Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time everything is working as it supposed to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just filing taxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President & CEO
Accounting
What do you like best?

I cannot think of anything nice to say. If the software does not do the simple task for which it was purchased and it is virtually impossible to contact the company for assistance, there is nothing to like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wanted to change ownership percentages for an LLC return. Despite online illustrations, this is not allowed. Online forums confirm that this is missing from many updated versions. I called and after waiting 20 minutes, was told that I needed to speak to someone more senior. After holding 20 minutes, I was told that they would call me back. After three hours, they called back and promptly hung up. They did not call again. I called and gave my case number and was told that I had a 49 minute wait. I then received a survey, indicating that my case had been resolved. I will make the changes manually and never use Turbotax again. The service is even worse than the software, unless you are preparing the very simplest of returns. They don't seem to care, either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find something else to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Just what my subject says: Just as easy as the home version. I like the fact that I don't have to be an expert for my small business. All the forms are right there and so is the help when you need it - just like the home version. I use Quick Books so I also like the import function (saves me time). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first, I was having trouble installing and I not am very experienced with technology but downloading is not rocket science! For some reason, it was identified as some sort of a virus. Luckily, I got around this by Googling to see if anyone else had this problem. I no longer use this because of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

fix whatever it is causing it to appear like the download is a virus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bot solving a problem but rather utilizing this to make my business life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

VERY user friendly and easy to navigate. The extra information provided is relevent and helpful. Customer service is also excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, every time I use this, I am happy with it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to use, very intuitive, asks questions and provides insights as to what options are right for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filing Taxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tax Consultant
What do you like best?

The software lets you import W-2’s as well as your previous year’s return. TurboTax also has good tools for finding errors in your return. It runs a complete final check over both state and federal returns to look for errors and see if there are any deductions or credits you missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s most expensive software when compared with others. Free version of this is only viable for simple returns. Filing a regular 1040 will need to go with one of the paid versions. State returns cost $39.99 to file, making this one of the most expensive options. Also e-filing of tax return in this software is a bit complicated as it keeps on giving diagnostics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TurboTax is one of the easiest tax programs to use. It stands out for how easy it is to use and its intuitive design and flow. It has a free filing option available, but if one want to take advantage of deduction & credits, one need to pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

User friendly layout. Multiple products options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some downtime depending on platform. Sometimes requires multiple attempts to resume sessions. It is also time consuming to resume a filing after logging off. Too many hoops Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Makes life easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allow business owners to focus on production and allow an accountant to perform basic functions of annual tax filling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The program guides you through the entire process of doing taxes. My taxes get complicated with 2 business', rental property and other investments. It is easy to do with turbotax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about the program yet. I have been using the program for many years and like all aspects of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great software to use. It has a wide variety of functions, is easy and explains all steps of the tax process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My wife runs a pottery business and I am an independent contractor for a non-profit. The ease of using the software and the transfer of last years information makes it much easier and quicker to do our taxes each year with the best refund possible. We have used other tax software in the past and ended up with wrong information and expensive fines from the IRS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Correspondent
Newspapers
What do you like best?

One of my favorites parts of TurboTax has always been how easy it is to use. Every year, I actually look forward to doing my taxes because it walks me through them. (Granted, my business is very small and pretty low-key at the moment.) Also, I appreciate how up-to-date it is. There’s an error check at the end, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do my taxes too early so it isn’t completely up-to-date yet and I miss out on some tax breaks (more my fault than the software’s). It would be helpful to know ahead of time that that might happen. I might decide to file a little later if I knew. I have the option of refiling but since I joint file with my husband that’s not always convenient or doable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m not always aware of all the business expenses that I can claim or the tax laws and how it has changed. So it helps me get the most benefits and lowers my tax burden for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer/Researcher/Developer
What do you like best?

The simplicity of Turbo Tax makes it the leading tax return filing software on the market. It is easy-to-use, finds deductions most accountants and bookkeepers are unaware of, and will cross check your submissions for errors. The auto-submit electronic filing is easy to use and accurate, making getting your refunds quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do however dislike the cost of Turbo Tax and how they charge outrageous fees for each state that one is filing in. The software itself gets pricey each year and they are making it harder and harder for cost efficiency. I have been drifting towards the online and free versions as of late due to this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Turbo Tax to all of my customers and clients as the top shelf solution to tax returns. The software is easy-to-use and dependable. Turbo Tax will find you the best refund or lowest tax payment possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to offer tax return filing and processing services to my accounting side business for customers making my services more widespread and available. Turbo Tax takes the accountant out of the process and is easy-to-use making doing tax returns for others easier and cost-effective. Turbo Tax has always found additional deductions and the ability to cross-compare refund or owed taxes based on filing options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Makes the process of ingesting all the information super easy due to its step by step asking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish the product had more diverse background it offered - like to be able to be installed on MAC platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Provide better pricing alternatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filing returns faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it helps simplifies the way of filing taxes for the company. it have a easy design and flow for users to follow. useful for small companies that do not have complicated tax issues within their company.

They have a cloud that allows users to use and return to the software across different devices.

there is a searchable knowlege base and online community along with video tutorials and live human help if that is in the package that was paid for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software is a lot pricier than a lot of their competitors, it does not have a feature that will help you deal with cross boarder currency difference and different tax rules in difference countries.

also i feel like it could be more customized to the industry your company is in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would recommend this to small to mid size company that does not have a lot a customization required to meet their needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

help quicken the process of filing tax in a small business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

I like the thoroughness of the product. The user experience is simple and has a logical workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Faster when updating sections would be nice the software can be slow at times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None yet. I haven't run into any issues as of yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

Turbo tax is best used by taking time to study all the angles it gives to you. I used their more complex corporate tax reporting package, and this involves you in a number of ambiguous decisions regarding how to report income and expenses. You need to understand the answers that you are providing in order to be confident of the return that Turbo Tax will prepare for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The undeniable problem with TurboTax Corporate is that it does its own comparisons of the income statement and balance sheet that you give it this year, with the income statement and balance sheet you gave it last year. You do not see how it is connecting the two, or what exactly it is comparing on the two even though it does store these reports line for line. If TurboTax feels there is a discrepancy between these two year end reports, then it will reject your current year entry without telling you how to fix it. This is a REAL headache that required a good deal of guesswork and trial and error. The result, when accepted by TurboTax, may be "correct", but it is not transparent to the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone who does the books for a business should be able to navigate using TurboTax Business. However, you must understand your own income statement and balance sheet, and you must have good records for the previous year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It cost me $250 for this program, and I saved $2,500 in accounting fees. In addition, I felt I fully understood 'the tax return and the options available to me in filing the return in different forms. This is very valuable. On the other hand, the return that Turbo Tax produced was audited by the IRS because of something that the IRS felt was incorrect. The problem was not in the numbers, it was in the schedules on which I chose to report certain income. Because I purchased the TurboTax Audit Guarantee Service I was able to have TurboTax's representative (actually a third party insurer) resolve this problem with the IRS. It turned out that the IRS was wholly in error, though I might have reported the income on a different schedule and avoided their scrutiny. TurboTax did not guide me on the correct path in this case, but I suspect that it could not have. I still think TurboTax is great and would not hesitate to use it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.