Targetprocess Reviews & Product Details

What is Targetprocess?

Targetprocess is an Enterprise visual platform which connects portfolio, products and teams. The tool perfectly reflects the agile methodology and can help any company to adopt and scale agile across the enterprise. To achieve business agility and see the value flow through the entire organization one can use out-of-the-box templates for SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, Scrum of Scrums and other frameworks. The solution is highly customizable to support your own project management approach and organization structure. Many companies using Targetprocess successfully implement both project portfolio management and application lifecycle management within this single tool, which makes Targetprocess a unique holistic enterprise agile. Targetprocess has been recognized in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Agile Enterprise Planning Tools. The software has a modern & slick user interface and offers visibility into multi-level portfolios and company strategic goals. Try it free!

Targetprocess Screenshots

1-25 of 169 total Targetprocess reviews

Targetprocess Reviews

1-25 of 169 total Targetprocess reviews
Business Analyst

"Targetprocess the best for project management."

What do you like best?

This tool is really good for project management, it is incredibly easy to use this software, this is very good because it does not require to be an expert programmer, the ability to personalize is also very good.

What do you dislike?

Being very honest truth is not something that I do not like, there are some things that can be improved as the function of labeling, but it really is not a serious problem at a general level it adapts very well to our needs and we are satisfied with the use of this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Targetprocess is perfect for project management, the user interface is very good and easy to use, try it because it is good investment.

This tool turned out to be a great solution to have the perfect control of the project management, because we always have multiple projects in development at the same time it was very complicated to keep control of the management and time, Targetprocess makes it possible to work more organized and more efficiently.

PMO

"Tool to manage agile projects"

What do you like best?

We started using the target process 1 year ago in the company for the development team and we set up a pmo within the company and we thought about applying targetProcess as a tool for the management of agile projects for projects of implementation and not development. and really the support of the page work with us in being able to arm the logical structure to be able to adapt it to be a tool for management of non-development projects.

I really like the graphics and reports that are obtained

the way to load the hours.

the history of estimates gave us a lot of information to take into account when estimating new projects.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing in particular dislikes me, its graphic environment is friendly and the support is of quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

before starting to give logical form to use a trial and online support is very effective, so I recommend talking to them a lot to be able to use it to its best potential

one of the biggest has been to have the history of the activities carried out and the average of estimates to be able to apply it as a reference in future implementation projects. additional to the reports we obtain to show the address.

Sales Manager

"Work with bigger control."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to make different boards. Very easy to create our own dynamic visualizations with just a few minutes. Also I can customize anything: choose items to see, filter and sort them, customize properties, and sort how I want to view the report.

What do you dislike?

Fortunately, I don't have any errors with working units. I'm glad that I can faster to control all my important things at work and don't afraid that suddenly some problems can come.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this software you can promote service desk with fast way. It is easy to control requests of any kind: idea management and everything else that you need. Much better way to access your product management process from your iPhone or Android device. Simple working step on track things, add work and of course, mark things done. I recommend. That platform will make your work simple.

We have the opportunity to supply any kind of requests, search and make a vote for any good ideas, add comments and track the status of related items in this program. We like all of the steps in this productive way.

Educational Consultant
Education Management

"Save your time with flexible and effective tools."

What do you like best?

I like that that all my work can integrate with our present alive tools to create a central hub for cooperation and control via our enterprise. Also, I can easy to get free of information places and normalize our process throughout my whole organization.

What do you dislike?

I can say that to use that solution is not so easy. Would be great to have more simple steps in the working process. But it is not a big problem at all because the platform works really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software can build different broadside. Gives you a better way to share boards with any individual to broadcast info outside. Also, you can really save your working time by approach all boards from your mobile device so you can easily track things, add mark things and much more.

We can do visually control of multipurpose work. Very good ability to decrease mess and concentrate on the stuff that matter. With Targetprocess we can make it easy to get a distaste-free overview of our projects, with the ability to scale up for details from any step of the of the grade.

CRM Manager
Consumer Goods

"Good customization all working tools. "

What do you like best?

I like to work deeper and fast and with tracking all my performance. I have an opportunity to overview all working steps and control all process. Gives the ability to be more concentrate I can more focus on more substantial work.

What do you dislike?

For all of us, I mean me and my working team we can easily to find a mistake and solved it. Very open and useful tools for all working stuff. Of course time to time we have some issues with an understanding of some software part. Will be better to make all instruction easy from the begin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Powerful system to find and solve bugs. The general software is very useful. Gives the ability to work on a lot of important working skills. And I will recommend it to you. Very good way to manage all working team.

With all team, we can cooperate. To have a more effective report service. Good ability to install custom process. We like to use a way of searching all info. Very easy to customize the interface.

Customer Service Specialist
Telecommunications

"everything is perfect with Targetprocess!"

What do you like best?

With three years of successful usage behind, I repute myself capable of assessing the quality of the tool we're discussing here: Ever since Targetprocess was released, it raised standards in the world of web project management. To start with, the usual fear of introducing new software is senseless because this one is easy! It will take you few seconds to navigate like a pro, and while you're using it you'll learn how to make the most of its performance. Even if you do happen to have a problem, their support will be a phone call away from your solution. They do it even for free users, how cool is that? Finally, customization is super powerful!

What do you dislike?

I don’t have lot of dislikes about it. One minor thing that I would call “dislike” is that there is no option to create a filter that could select all entities such as: epics, features, user stories and bugs.!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

wonderful software,you should try it!

it helps us to manage the back-log in service of the workflow for our primary product. It helps us to gather requirements and requests from stakeholders and to prioritize them by using the product’s features.!

Product Engineer

"Great visual tools"

What do you like best?

Helps so much to me. I can more concentrate on more important things which I need to do. I can plan the track all my activities, and get a high-level overview of my work progresses.

What do you dislike?

All of the issues we were solved with support service. From the begin was hard to find how to store bugs. But now it's very useful. I like that all my team understands it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm glad to use that software. And I will recommend it to you. Good bug tracking and able to coordinate work with our team. Has full customization a wonderful design.

To create my own functional visualizations with just one click. We can work on everything. Choosing the items to see and sort them after I can select and view the report.

Associate Architect

"Fun to use, easy to maintain"

What do you like best?

High visibility of tasks. We can easily see which task is assigned to which person at a glance using the profile pictures, which I like the most. Easily customizable to set WIP and the rules around it. Overall, it has definitely contributed towards increasing our day-to-day productivity and has increased the level of transparency.

What do you dislike?

The dragging of tasks across boards is still quite buggy and lags even on the best configuration machines. This should be fixed on priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Though you can definitely try out other free, but please at least once give a chance to Targetprocess. I am sure you will love it and ultimately make it your daily driver.

The only thing which I would like to advise is to see whether you can easily handle the reporting module of the application.

We are using this product as a Kanban board for our project. We moved from using Excel sheets to Targetprocess, after trying out various free alternatives. This satisfied most of our requirements except a few regarding reporting. We are still trying to create custom reports using the tool.

Software Engineer
Telecommunications

"Targetprocess is very flexible and accommodates our unique work flow very well."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that Targetprocess allows what I call 'inception style organization' and the entities can have many relations. You can have a project which holds epics which is made of features that are made up of stories broken apart by tasks, it's great.

I also really enjoy that you can paste images easily into the inline editor.

What do you dislike?

The only reason it doesn't get a 10 out of 10 rating is that once in a blue moon it is slow to load up and navigate. Takes a couple seconds to load maybe? Not thing biggest problem.

We use target process to manage a team of about 9 developers. It is great for keeping track of all things related to the development process and allowing product managers to have insight into the dev work without stepping on our toes.

"Very Good with Some Big Areas to Improve"

What do you like best?

Compared to several other tools I have used, Targetprocess remains highly versatile without succumbing to feature bloat. It is just simple enough without being cumbersome, which is walking a tightrope.

What do you dislike?

There are still some versatility lacking unless you're set up to doing very specific agile frameworks. Most teams have a blended approach to their unique framework, and it's difficult to get Targetprocess to always respond effectively.

One other issue is the slowness I've seen in response to support tickets. They take days and then they don't seem to really answer my question.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for small teams that are growing, especially when you need more features than Trello but don't the clunkiness of JIRA.

Targetprocess helps me manage complex development cycles for multiple teams. It allows me to keep everything in one place and be a source of truth for product teams.

Assistant Director of Special Projects, Academic Health Center & UC Health
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great as an Administrator, Less as a Receiver"

What do you like best?

As an administrator and project manager, this program gives you a ton of opportunity to customize workflow and keep track of various metrics, either project-centric or person-centric. It works very well to manage complex interactions and gather survey/report information to help measure performance in the long run.

What do you dislike?

Emails emails emails. As someone that also receives notifications from further up the food chain, Targetprocess likes to send emails to let everyone know what is happening. Not that communication is a bad thing, but you may come back to your desk to a ton of emails letting you know that things have moved from step to step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The workflow management, project management, assignment, and task-tracking aspects of this software are fantastic. Definitely experiment with the settings and auto-generated communications before getting frustrated, as there may be a way to turn on or turn off specific messages that the program automatically sends.

We needed a more visual representation for some of our projects for both our users and for occasional external observers, and Targetprocess solved that problem. We benefit greatly from the clean layout.

"TargetProcess is a good way to track user stories and current status"

What do you like best?

It's very visual so it's pretty easy to see where a task is in the swim lanes. I've had minimal training and have been able to maneuver to do basic things like creating and editing tickets, move tasks around, etc.

What do you dislike?

The screen refresh is very inconsistent. Sometimes the screen will update right after I save changes and other times it won't, sometimes even after I do both a screen refresh (via TP provided refresh button) and browser refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using TP because the user interface is pretty intuitive and very visual. If you're a key command person, you can do that. But if you prefer to do everything with the mouse/trackpad, this tool is great for that.

We are using TP for our bug and user story tracking to help keep the company on the same page and going in the right direction. We are using it in an Agile workflow so it's a key part of all of our meetings, from daily sprint standups to backlog grooming and sprint planning.

"Solid Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The "Deals, Sections, Jobs" view enables the user to view all projects simultaneously and drill down to the various levels of detail. A beautiful view which has helped me and my team immensely.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be a little difficult to adjust this software away from a programming use-case, but we have made it work just fine. It's not that big of a deal.

My boss used to write out all of our current projects on the whiteboard and try to update each project with our status of progress, but it was a mess and it was often neglected. Targetprocess has enabled us to track all projects in one easy place, with everyone on the team up to date on what everyone else is doing, and where projects are at and where they need to be when.

Vice President of Product and User Experience
Internet

"Smart UX, fantastic customizability."

What do you like best?

Our process has changed a lot over the past 3 years as a startup. Targetprocess has handled literally everything we've thrown at it. I hear other talking about how they wanted to do a unique process in one part of their workflow, but couldn't because of the limitations of their system. That is not the world I live in. Targetprocess is built for customizability.

What do you dislike?

We used Asana previously and task creation was almost as fast as typing a list of to-dos. Targetprocess is a bit slower than that for creating multiple tasks/stories, since they reside as cards instead of just list items.

With so much customizability/flexibility, it can take some time to understand what the software can *really* do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a project/portfolio management software, particularly if you run Kanban or any flavor of Agile, you owe it to yourself to spend some time in this product. Not long ago, we looked around again at other options for cheaper. Nothing solved the problems with the same flexibility, customizability and UX as Targetprocess.

We have 4 cross-functional teams working with 4 separate processes. That has been a cinch to handle with Targetprocess. Everything from complex reporting and data insights to very custom workflows and notifications have been possible with their tools. You can even add your own mashups to extend the functionality.

Director, User Experience

"Extraordinary attention to detail far beyond its fundamental value"

What do you like best?

I'm a user experience director, so my mantra is "I fight for the user." I am certain that there are people like that at TargetProcess.

Above and beyond its fundamental value, I love the fact that there are clearly designers at Targetprocess who love their users in return. Tiny, tasteful microinteractions are all over the product. In many cases, if I think I can click or drag or otherwise manipulate something in a way that feels natural to me, I can. I very much admire the depth of thinking—and re-thinking—that goes into Targetprocess.

What do you dislike?

Very little: TargetProcess is crafted with great attention to detail. OK, maybe one tiny nit to pick, and I'm really having to dig deep to find something to complain about: It's not possible at present to create a filter that selects all entities (Epics, Features, User Stories, Bugs, etc) where you were the person who modified it since a certain date.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Approach TargetProcess with a thorough grounding in agile practice: it will help you understand it, and will help you get the most out of it.

We use TargetProcess to manage the backlog in service of the agile workflow for our primary product. TargetProcess helps us gather requirements and requests (yes, and bug reports) from stakeholders, prioritize them along with new features from product management, and coordinate effectively with our developers.

IT Director

"Target Process is great for Scrum"

What do you like best?

Target Process is a very robust and customizable solution for our Scrum Process. We have been able to adjust our workflow to fit our needs

What do you dislike?

it seems that the Filters and reports could be easier to understand for Non-programmers. Also, Turning requests into User Stories works well, but they don't both close when complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Target Process a shot - it can really make Project Management much easier

We use TP to manage our Web Development projects and track our priorities and progress. We can get more done in less time and have lower managerial overhead.

Senior Software Engineer

"Awesome Product ! Great Engineering"

What do you like best?

Very Intuitive User Interface.

Ease of Use

Feels like the TP team has spent time in analyzing how to reduce the how to reduce the number of operations (clicks/scrolls) for the user to get the work done.

The best feature that i like is User Story Addition / and Addition of Test cases. You can add a user story in less than 5 seconds and describe when you wish to.

What do you dislike?

View Customization is still a little complex. sometimes after customizing your view you don't see the rows generated. Its only after some experience you would understand how to generate a view. But i am sure these people will come up with the most simpler way of handing views.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My Recommendation would be

a. Please simplify the views

b. In earlier versions of target process iteration planning was simpler now i see its a little difficult.

c. We are interesting in people specific / feature specific / user specific performance reports. I have already mentioned this in previous survey.

d. Security : Sometimes we work with part time developers we wish them to just view a certain part of the project say only a couple of stories. we can do that as of now.

Earlier i used to spend a lot of time creating business requirement document no I do not spend time creating any business requirement document.

1. Add Project

2. Define Features

3. Add User Story

4. Describe User Story

5. Estimation.

Its all so simple and quick. Since Business requirement documents keep changing i put all my ideas as comments and share with the team. Once a month we review all the comments and modify the story description.

Founder | DevOps Engineer | Software engineer
Financial Services

"Visibility and customization"

What do you like best?

The best things in TargetProcess are visibility and customization. TargetProcess provides many examples of tickets views for planning, being up to date with daily tasks or for retrospective purposes. There are different levels to look at tickets: you can easily prioritize all the tickets on a backlog and you can plan each ticket separately. We needed customization, because our workflow is always a work in progress. TargetProcess enables customization of both: views and tickets.

Besides that, the UI is very intuitive. Tickets can be written with Markdown. There is an API, so you can perform regular remote backup.

What do you dislike?

At first I missed retrospection views, but then reports were introduced and now you can e.g. make a chart of how many tickets were closed each month.

The only thing that bothers me now is the time needed to first open the TargetProcess in a new tab in a web browser. Apart from that, I see nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really worth a try and can be of much help, once you set and customize some tickets views.

We have one team with scarce number of developers but we have a lot of projects and tickets. Our main problem was filtering and prioritizing the tickets so that we don't have to go through the list of not important tickets too often. TargetProcess enables that and also provides the views to see all the tickets of many projects on one board but also enables filtering out or inactivating a project.

Secondly, Kanban boards are of great importance for us. Thanks to them we can easily change a property of a ticket or relocate a user story between features. That is an irreplaceable help when you have a lot of tickets.

Thirdly, we know it too well that tickets times estimates are prone to mistakes and thus team sprints time boundaries change. In TargetProcess it is very easy to edit a team sprint start and end time, no need to tediously go through all the tickets of a team sprint.

"Target Process is an excellent tool"

What do you like best?

I really like Target Process user interface, the look and feel is minimalistic, neat, fun and yet professional. I also like the fact that you can get a visual glimpse of the status of a project by using color codes and also find out who's working on what by using the profile pics.

What do you dislike?

There are some kinks that need to be improved. Very often I get an error message that goes away if I reload the page; also when you are trying to tag somebody on a comment, the editor doesn't recognize the person only until you erase the name and start over.

It would be useful for the releases to propagate to the defects, if QA team creates a defect for a User story and that user story has a release, I think it should automatically link the defect to that release.

Target Process has helped our team to have more control over deadlines and the development cycle; it has helped us to organize work more efficiently.

Front End Web Developer

"A great way to organise your tasks"

What do you like best?

Target process makes organising and planning work extremely easy and simple. With it's drag and drop functionality you can easily visualise work flows, see who is on what story and even work out statistics.

What do you dislike?

Target process has quite a steep learning curve and there is still lots of functionality that the company I work for either doesn't use at all or uses but incorrectly. TP also has quite a lot of bugs but the support team has helped us many times when we have reported these.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be scared off by it's vast functionality, once you get over the scary UI it can do so much for you and your business.

I work for a software company and we use TP to plan/organise/distribute tasks between all our employees, as the system is so vast not everyone uses it to it's full potential and this is when we start to run into problems.

Product Director, Business Analyst & Co-Founder

"Target process is top product for project and product management with intuitive GUI"

What do you like best?

I would suggest this tool to any company who is looking for not only ticket tracking but product and project management tool. It supports agile methodologies and has very good customisable GUI with plenty of variations that can help in every day project activities.

Target Process also has great blog that supports new users to faster learn and adopt to it. Also we at our companies use this blog to make i closer for our new employees to learn how to use TP and to understand the way TP organises entities (from Portfolios, Projects all the way to Task or Test Cases, Plans and Builds).

Their support also works well, they ask users to actively participate in polls and questionaries who would they want to improve the product.

What do you dislike?

Some times in last few months, there are some issues with modal views, and it seems there are some bugs in the refresh pattern of modal views they use.

Target process helps, me my team and my company in multiple ways:

- Organising projects and teams

- Monitoring work progress and processes

- Supports agile practises and artefacts

- It supports transparency inside the team

- Improves internal communication, in a simple and catchy way

- Easy export and share of views of interest for external partners makes us agile and transparent matter of minutes rather than hours

"Targetprocess makes ticketing easy as a support person and gives me an overview of sprints"

What do you like best?

I use Targetprocess on a daily basis as a support person for a software company. I like the fact that we have created custom templates and are able to differentiate between different level requests. Targetprocess gives us an entire overview of everything that is going on and what tickets need to be handled or followed up with. As a support person I am quickly filter out a particular client or request by using tags.

What do you dislike?

As a support person it can be tedious putting in a task and the UX seems clunky at times. This is definitely not a showstopper, but the UI could be a little more "light".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it as I do not know of any competitors. It's easy to see what our developers are doing in their sprints and it's easy for me as a support person to put in new requests.

We use Targetprocess as a liaison between client services and our developers, this helps us keep track of all of our 1st level and 2nd level tickets. Using Targetprocess has helped us keep track of daily tickets and the email notifications let us know when there is a new comment on a ticket. We have also integrated Targetprocess with Slack which has tremendously helped our workflow because we are constantly up to date on our tickets.

"Targetprocess is an affordable and reasonably functional tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and intuitive the swim lane GUI is. It's easy to teach new hires, and does not over complicate simple tasks. The ability for the admin to mandate a certain flow is also helpful, to keep the processes and procedures in place.

What do you dislike?

As a QA Lead, I think the testing and defect entering process could be streamlined a bit, or just made easier to handle. There are a few points where the GUI is not great (the bullet point menu for entering the details in for a test case run overlaps the Test Passed/Failed/Blocked buttons if you overlay your mouse just right, for example), and the whole test case adding process could be made easier. The import and export tools for test case / plan entering could be made more functional as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Targetprocess is definitely worth a look. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's cheap, functional, and reliable.

We use TP to ensure that the correct processes and procedures are used each time, for every story, and we use it as a sort of 'system of record' for defects, past releases and stories, and test plans.

AR

"Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility with most of the platform to define your own process and workflows. I really like the ability to tie into the API easily and create my own custom services that provides messaging and reporting to our team.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dont like at this point is that at the task level you can only estimate by hours and not points. This is a real thorn in the side for doing agile and getting accurate burn down velocity for our team.

As well the zoom level as incredibly annoying feature. I'd rather just be able to setup my views about what I want in a car rather than having to define what I want on a card and having to adjust zoom levels to see that. This has really screwed up communication between our teams and having people (especially new hires) know what their due dates are.

We are an agency that works with our clients long term. We are maintaining anywhere from 25-50 projects at at any given time. The amount of flexibility TP provides is paramount to that. But also there is a lot of unnecessary features IMO that just make it confusing and hard to use at times.

AC

"Agile monster"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize views and processes makes it possible to implement any development process I want. Which is critical for us, considering that we improve processes every few months. No other tool can do that and still provide good visualizations.

TP has very flexible model of tickets, I think it is their biggest strength. All benefits derive from it.

What do you dislike?

It is generally slow, faster today than a year ago. But we know it runs on IIS, and application is quite heavy which must be inherently slow.

The worst part is sharing link to ticket. It takes a few seconds to open a link in browser, once app is loaded, it is better, but still noticeable.

I don't like the closed-source SaaS model in which it is delivered. I am looking for any alternative which is open-source with similar features and will switch as soon as it arrives.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Search for open source alternative first. If you cannot find one, TP is irreplaceable.

TP helped us to visualize a huge backlog, prioritize it and work on items in sensible/efficient order.

Agility to change process was critical to figure out how we should approach completing work knowing that there is much more of it than we can immediately do.

Targetprocess Pricing

Targetprocess Features

• Task Creation and Assignment
  • Due Dates
  • Task Prioritization
  • To-Do Lists
  • Collaborative Project Planning
  • Comments

Targetprocess User Ratings

7.9
7.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.9*
* Project and Portfolio Management Category
Do you work for Targetprocess?