Straight North Reviews & Product Details

Straight North Overview

What is Straight North?

Straight North is an Internet marketing agency that helps growth-minded, small and middle-market firms generate online sales leads and e-commerce revenue. With an in-house team of over 100 full-time marketers, we have the depth and breadth to manage complex, multi-front campaigns that deliver continuously improving results.

Straight North Details

Straight North
1997
Downers Grove, IL
@StraightNorth

Straight North Reviews

Showing 12 Straight North reviews
Location
Already have Straight North?
CEO
Real Estate
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hired Straight North to set up and run paid ads on google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Communication was consistent. The team was professional, but lacked the willingness to learn more about my business and implement that in the campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They set up the campaigns in a scripted way. At the start there were about 60% broad match keywords. Our website doesn't need just any random traffic. It needed the right traffic that would convert into sales. Broad match keywords were a huge waste of time and some money. Well, they fixed that. But the overall campaign performance didn't increase anyway.

If you are small business with limited marketing budget, Straight North is not the company to go to.

I see they have million dollar customers, and they won't care about you as much as they do about those big companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting leads, conversions. But they failed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Aaron Wittersheim of Straight North

Thanks for your review. It seems while you were happy with the level of communication our team provided, you were not satisfied the performance that was produced in just over one month.

In response to the performance, PPC campaigns require data to be collected in order to make strategic decisions that allow us to improve the performance of your campaign over time. In 36 days, your campaign garnered 87 clicks and 8 leads. Unfortunately, at your monthly budget, this short timeframe did not allow for adequate data collection, which would have enabled us to make larger-scale changes to improve future campaign performance.

Please note that nearly 50% of your total investment went into building out a new PPC campaign that you now own. You are free to manage the campaign yourself or hire another firm to manage it for you.

We are sorry that we did not deliver on your expectations. In order to make things right, we decided to release you from a legally binding contract and the associated billing one month early.

PN
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

During my tenure at a national nonprofit in Washington, DC, I worked with Straight North to overhaul the education arm website to improve SEO, create more opportunities for digital engagement. The project team assigned to the account was extremely knowledgeable, accessible, and quickly helped us get results. By the time I left the organization, it was the largest digital property they owned. I couldn't have done it without the support and expertise of Straight North. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Although we had an in-house web department it was a small team, working with Straight North allowed us to expand our capabilities, align digital strategies, and quickly garner results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the only downside was that because it was an extension of our internal digital department sometimes when priorities shifted it was additional steps that needed to be taken in order to communicate those changes to Straight North because they were not internal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I think it is critical to have a clear understanding of what the goals are that you are trying to receive, understand how you will measure success, and be willing to pivot based on the expertise or strategy that Straight North comes up with a plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest impact is that we finally had additional capabilities to focus on priorities that with a small staff we were unable to do. Additionally, the expertise to try new digital marketing and SEO strategies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have worked with SN for a number of times with my tenure at different companies. SN has a great team of designers as well as SEO experts. I’ve contracted SN for both web design and SEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Project Managers are very customer oriented. They will always keep you posted on the performance of your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like SN to have a full range of capabilities to offer websites of all different platforms. Whether it is Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Driving and optimizing my sites to rank top 3 on search engines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Was able to help us get our point across, without being overly technical , so that is also sounded like we knew our platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Support service wonderful , helps us get to the customer directly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to be flexible and adapt your presentation to the circumstances of the individual case. This requires preparation, maybe even to the extent of having two (or more) pitches formatted and ready to go for technical and nontechnical presentations. The benefit, of course, is threefold: more types of clients your pitch will appeal to, more effective pitching in every case, and more new clients.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Semiconductors
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I profoundly suggest Straight North for their expert site and Internet advertising administrations! I've had a business association with their organization for quite a while and observe the colleagues to be responsive, learned and mindful to my record. I am aware of no other SEO/PPC promoting office around that can coordinate their execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They were anything but difficult to work with and I felt like they extremely comprehended my business. They were proficient, yet cordial and honest.The simplicity of their stage. A website composition degree isn't important to keep it refreshed and looking current They are exceptionally responsive, comprehend the regularly changing field of SEO positioning, and are extremely mindful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I truly cant say anything terrible in regards to my experience.None. We have had only positive encounters with them up until this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The website architecture group completed a stunning activity to make what we accept to be the simple best Hockey site accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Helped with SEO Marketing strategy and how SEO could help us become more visible on the internet.

They analyzed our current marketing strategy and identified areas where we could improve and increase traffic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The professionalism and attention to detail. Listened to my concerns

. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing in our interaction that I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I highly recommend Straight North for their professional website and Internet marketing services! I’ve had a business relationship with their company for several years and find the team members to be responsive, knowledgeable and attentive to my account. I know of no other SEO/PPC marketing agency around that can match their performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
Sporting Goods
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Web design, SEO & PPC Campaigns, & Email Marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Professional and easy to communicate and work with. Any time we had questions or concerns our contact at Straight North addressed each situation with patience and understanding (especially for those of us who do not fully understand web operations). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned previously, understanding the ins and outs of web design, SEO and PPC can be difficult to follow at times if you are not very knowledgable in how web marketing campaigns are designed and how they operate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

We had a wonderful experience with Straight North. Everything was very pleasant from the get go. Straight North developed different strategies to make sure we get the most out our SEO and PPC campaigns. The web design team did an amazing job to create what we believe to be the very best Hockey website available. The team really held our hand through this experience to make sure everything is exactly how we want it and within our projected budget. We could not be more happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Before I hired Straight North I was worked with 2 other companies and averaging 2-3 calls per day. In about 3 months with Straight North I received very few calls! I don't see how they can claim to run PPC campaigns with that kind of performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing. What I liked best was cancelling their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They claim to run PPC campaigns but actually did nothing for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I don't know about their other services, but do no use them for a PPC campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We had an old mom and pop website, and needed an entirely new site. Our new site is fantastic, very easy to maintain and update. Plus our traffic has increased exponentially and so has our business! Who could ask for more? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of their platform. A web design degree is not necessary to keep it updated and looking current Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It is all good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Straight North has been BluePay's digital agency for more than eight years. During this time, we have received excellent SEO and PPC strategies, implemented a new website on time and under budget, and their industry-leading digital practices have helped us increase our organic web traffic by 17% year over year. We work with the entire Straight North team like they are employees of our own! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are very responsive, understand the ever-changing field of SEO ranking, and are very attentive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. We have had nothing but positive experiences with them so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I highly recommend Straight North. I started working with them when my business first opened. Within a couple of months I was #1 in SEO in my town, which made a huge impact on my business. They also helped me with Google AdWords by setting up a ton of different targeting specific keywords. I have even gone back to them after opening more locations because I don't trust anyone else to help me the way they have helped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They were easy to work with and I felt like they really understood my business. They were professional, yet friendly and honest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's one of the best experiences I've had hiring a company to help me with SEO and AdWords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They are professional, honest and know what they are doing. They will work with you to give you the results you are looking for. I highly recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Sales and Marketing
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

First, their team was able to bring my website look and flow into this century. Second, they started hammering the SEO and over time, we started to see results. I am very impressed with how many different experts are working on a project at one time. They offer a really cool back panel that tracks all my incoming leads from my website or our direct phone line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great team. Very responsive. They get results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cant say anything bad about my experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make them work for you! Be clear in what you want and they will deliver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.