SmartDeploy

Hardware independent computer deployment software that makes ghosting a thing of the past. Create one Windows image that can deploy to any computer model in your organization.

Work for SmartDeploy?

Learning about SmartDeploy?

SmartDeploy Reviews

Ask SmartDeploy a Question
Showing 31 SmartDeploy reviews
SmartDeploy review by Joel B.
Joel B.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SmartDeploy
SmartDeploy review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"Easy and fast imaging packed with lots of great features"

What do you like best?

The ease in getting an image onto a new device.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Something I wish it had the capability more to do is more automation of installing, modifying, updating and uninstalling applications after being imaged. SmartDeploy has recently started to work on this, but it would be great to have a full feature rich solution from within Smart Deploy to do this and the ability to do this type of installs with executable files instead of just MSIs. We currently utilize another solution for this and would love to drop it in favor of SmartDeploy's solution once it is as robust as our current solution we utilize.

We used to use a free imaging solution called FOG, which worked but was so time consuming to create images, deploying images, updating the software, etc. With SmartDeploy, being able to create a Golden image and being able to deploy it to any device is fantastic and so easy. The driver packs that they have available and update frequently, make the whole job of imaging a new fleet of devices easy and fast.

What OS Imaging & Deployment solution do you use?

SmartDeploy review by Brenden C.
Brenden C.

"Extremely easy and very power tool"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy has made our image deployment so easy from what it used to be. Our organization used to use SCCM and starting as a novice in terms of enterprise image deployment, SmartDeploy was very easy to pick up and get using right away. During our first year of using it, almost all our issues of driver mismatching, software errors and configuration errors disappeared due to SmartDeploy's driver packs and ease to use task sequences when booting and logging into the computers for the first time. Can't say enough about how this has streamlined our deployments and saved us tons of time for other projects.

What do you dislike?

I currently don't have anything I dislike about the product. Issues I've had have been very promptly answered by their support so complaints in that department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch.

Organization wide image refreshes. Saves tons of time, easy to use, and we've had great success.

SmartDeploy review by Austin F.
Austin F.

"Best Imaging Experience "

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy makes the imaging process extremely simple and straight forward. The interface makes managing devices and different image types simple and intuitive. The ability to deploy from on-premise and via cloud applications such as OneDrive or Google Drive is a great addition for managing remote machines. All of this comes with little to no learning curve and you can be imaging devices by the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into any issues with this product.

The time it takes to image machines manually takes a great deal of time and cuts down on efficency by a large margin. SmartDeploy helps streamline the imaging process and allows us to cut our imaging process down to 40 minutes from 2+ hours. The best part is this can be applied to multiple machines at once so there is no need to sit and watch Windows Update or application installs.

SmartDeploy review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Progressive, simple, and reliable imaging solution"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Smart Deploy is simple and keeps each piece of imaging modular so you can combine your base image with different driver packs and answer files. The software is also designed very intuitively.

The company is progressive and continues to add killer features to the app, including cloud based imaging and app deployment.

What do you dislike?

I don't like ordering new licenses, I believe we have to email someone for a quote. It would be great if we could purchases new licenses on the fly in the app or from the web portal. I know are planning to expand license management in the web portal so maybe that feature is coming soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's well worth it. Easy to deploy, easy to understand, and affordable to license.

We are an MSP using Smart Deploy to more quickly roll out new workstation deployments on client networks.

SmartDeploy review by Andrey S.
Andrey S.

"Easy and quick deployment"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy has an easy to use interface that guides you from the first step through the last. Being able to upload to the cloud and deploying from there is very convenient. Spent alot of time trying to learn and setup MDT and had problems, switched to Smartdeploy and was able to get this up and running within a day.

What do you dislike?

Currently do not have any cons. Have not had any problems with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth every penny. Very easy to use. It will save you lots of time when setting up new machines.

Able to quickly deploy new machines. No longer do I need to sit all day doing windows updates as long as I keep the master image up to date.

SmartDeploy review by Joseph P.
Joseph P.

"Easiest Deployment Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

Very friendly and easy to use.

I was able to train my team on deploying the software within 10 minutes and they were all impressed.

Our deployments used to take several hours before because we were never able to get imaging software to work until we demoed this one.

It uses Windows Deployment Services and PxE Booting to handle the capturing and deployment.

The platform packs are always complete (with some flaws, get to that in a minute).

The new cloud deployment feature has been a godsend too, we have multiple out of state workers whose laptops we just can't get ahold of, with cloud deployment it's super easy and can bring their systems back up within the hour.

What do you dislike?

The platform pack drivers aren't always the latest, or are bugged.

I've had two occasions with two specific HP model laptops where the NIC Drivers & Audio Drivers are corrupt or bad from the platform pack. But I am able to update those packages myself with the correct driver files.

Deployment time. It used to be several hours to deploy a single Workstation or Laptop.

Now, it takes only 20-30 minutes depending on how long it takes for the machines to get into monitoring.

I can focus on my work, supporting my users, and ensuring their sanctification when HR forgets to let us know someone else starts today!

SmartDeploy review by Curtis H.
Curtis H.

"Finally, we truly have a "set it and forget" it imaging solution! "

What do you like best?

I love the use of platform packs to potentially deploy only one image to every make model and manufacturer in our lineup! It makes the process a snap and so easy for a tech to deploy without fumbling through a catalog of images and causing trouble.

What do you dislike?

Smartdeploy could use a little help in the documentation department. Their software is not difficult to use by any means, but sometimes they include a feature that could be better explained.

We have a break-fix solution that features smartdeploy's 20-40 minute turnaround time with new or current troubled hardware.

We can turn a fresh machine around in under 30 minutes now that we have started using smartdeploy.

SmartDeploy review by Wayne A.
Wayne A.

"Best Imaging Solution Period!!"

What do you like best?

Love that I just need a basic VM and it can run on our 30+ different models; love that its PC device agnostic. Also the response to technical support questions happens lightening fast and usually within an hour of submission.

What do you dislike?

Not much.....it works as expected. Only wish existing network deployment packages had a simple clickable option called "update" to covert them over to each updated version of SmartDeploy (choosing edit basically accomplishes this as long as you do next, next, next).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, just go for it! SmartDeploy is BY FAR the easiest way to get 1000s of machine imaged and maintained. Forget SCCM and ghost etc....they can't touch the simplicity of SmartDeploy's excellent wizards. Also, SmartDeploy cares about customer feedback and actually keeps adding more useful capabilities to the base product. Its turning into a full blown one stop shop for IT and asset management. Its simply a pleasure and privilege to use SmartDeploy on a daily basis!

Its cut our imaging time down to hardly anytime thanks to automated answer files that basically you can set and forget. I anticipate the upcoming expanded reporting features will help a lot in identifying OS distribution, last logins, etc.....

SmartDeploy review by Administrator

"Great Solution for a Unique Problem"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy allows our team to quickly deploy OS images to target computers. This software makes PXE deployment very simple by automating driver installation. Virtual machines can be quickly captured into an image file, then a boot image can be made with modified tasks in the answer file. PXE deployment can be set to unattended which allows for less monitoring. SmartDeploy regularly releases new versions with feature and stability improvements. Support is able to address issues in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

When we update PC models, we often have to pay an additional fees to have a driver pack created. Considering the amount we spend (1000+ licenses a year) on a "per deployment" plan, we are limited to basic support. This limits support for our company to emails only. Initially, when using a WDS server, it is somewhat unclear which tasks need to be done through the SmartDeploy console.

As a medical device company, we set up computers to include with each system. Due to Windows 10 being so long to set up manually, we needed to find a solution to deploy pre-configured Windows settings before installing our IP. Specifically, we needed to limit windows versions to tested builds, remove bloatware, and install certain programs during deployment. This was especially useful for pre-loading Microsoft Office, as it resulted in less bandwidth usage and minimal "hands-on" time. By using SmartDeploy, we've lowered our order turnaround time, improved quality control, and saved money on hiring additional computer technicians.

SmartDeploy review by Zac M.
Zac M.

"Wonderful timesaving deployment software"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy lets us deploy OS's and driver updates with very little interaction which has saved us many man hours so far. The new software deployment features are great additions and are still being tested by our company overall but the direction they are heading with that is going to be great. We also have the ability to put our image/deployment up in the cloud in Google Drive or Dropbox which definitely helps with our DR situation and getting people up and running again if something were to happen. Our entire imaging process with Smart Deploy takes a little less than 30 minutes. We use an offline deployment on a USB stick and a network deployment as well.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike with Smart Deploy. It is easy to figure out and use. Some of the menu options are a little clunky in that they are slow to react to clicks or a little slower in loading from option to option sometimes. It also logs us out of our account when we log out of the server it is installed on. Definitely not a huge complain, just annoying more than anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used SCCM in previous jobs but we were dealing with thousands of machines. I feel that Smart Deploy is great for our environment of less than 100 machines. In my opinion, the UI could still be improved overall, it seems to auto-log us out everytime we log out of the server it is installed on which is annoying but it is still incredibly easy to use. The software deployment features are still a new feature that I feel is being worked on pretty hard as of early 2019 but I think there is a lot of upside to look forward to here as well. The driver updates makes life incredibly easy as it is fully automated.

When I first started where I am at, there was no imaging solution at all. Every computer was built from scratch and I wasn't going to be doing that. I came from a place where I was the SCCM admin and knew that SCCM in this smaller environment was going to be overkill. We immediately tested out Smart Deploy and really liked how easy it was to use. It solves our DR problems and it makes our new computer deployments a lot faster, within hours rather than days as it was before. There is very little interaction with the machines after we get Smart Deploy rolling on them, it frees our small staff up to do other things.

SmartDeploy review by Zack T.
Zack T.

"Smart Deploy.......FOR THE WIN!!!!"

What do you like best?

Complete ease of setup and ease of use. We love the fact that is now only takes us 6-7 minutes to image a PC for our company. The "no touch" and "click and go" functionality of the Smart Deploy imaging process is superb! Setting up and using a "reference" image to use on multiple platforms of hardware is a stellar part of the processes. I could go on and on and on.........JUST BUY THIS (and then shutdown your Ghost server!)!!!! It's the best thing you can have for an imaging solution for your IT department.

What do you dislike?

My team and I would like to see this software be able to keep data and programs in tact when we use it for upgrading purposes. We have a massive Windows 10 upgrade project that we need to accomplish before EoL of Windows 7 and this feature would save us time from having to run "manual" upgrades. I am sure I could come up with more idea's for this software, but I am pretty positive that Smart Deploy is already working on upgrades to this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have, literally, only been using Smart Deploy between 30-45 days (new to it all), but it has DRASTICALLY changed how fast we can pump out deployments of PC's. We had SO MANY issues with Ghost and their support was HORRIBLE!!! So far we have only had one ticket with Smart Deploy and they responded in a VERY timely manner and had an answer for us.

SmartDeploy review by Administrator

"Simple and to the Point "

What do you like best?

It was fast to implement. And a powerful tool .It is almost as powerful as SCCM with NO learning curve at all. So far all our PCs and laptops had the driver pack already pre-made from SD.

What do you dislike?

Some software you cant put in the image such as anti-virus.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is powerful but not quite SCCM. However for most applications of a mid size company it is perfect without having to deal with servers and messy installs. This is no harder to use or install than google chrome.

Just a faster way to deploy new PCs. Before we had no imaging solution and it would take a long time to install a PC. Now a PC is fully imaged within an hour of me doing nothing. And then half hour of some post image installs. Much better than half a DAY of installing on a PC.

SmartDeploy review by Ajay G.
Ajay G.

"Awesome imaging software"

What do you like best?

Smart Deploy is one of the best imaging softwares I have ever used. It works very well with Windows. SmartDeploy is a major time saver when it comes to rolling out new workstations and ensuring consistency on those new workstations.

It's very easy to setup and the documentation is very simple and straightforward. It allows you to do the full automation which is very much required these days.

What do you dislike?

When we run into multiple tasks or you can say the load gets increased the performance degraded a little bit but though it can be improved. Another thing, Support from the Smart Deploy team is very good but it can be great like on weekends or quick resolutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Companies which are using any other software for imaging should try this software at least for the POC. You will never regret for your decision. It helps the company to save a lot of time/money.

We are trying to save time and money when it comes to rolling out new workstations and ensuring consistency on those new workstations.

SmartDeploy review by Administrator

"1000 user organization managed easily by SmartDeploy"

What do you like best?

That we are able to continue replenishing stock at 33% a year with smart deploy.

Other solutions cannot compete for the pricepoint, the service, the free seminars and webinars, as well as the community behind it. Often times other community members will also contribute awesome solutions to make this product an even better choice. This is a great value product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I would love to know how the units report to SmartDeploy because sometimes the computer name is not properly captured, instead its 'default windows name is'. This is not a big deal! and by no means a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop reading reviews and contact a sales person, get yourself a trial version for a month and you won't be disappointed.

Almost 500 units imaged last year. This software has scalability.

SmartDeploy review by Lou K.
Lou K.

"Efficiency meets innovation"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, all drivers are updated for us and included with every installation. Great support, as well as a marketing team that includes future update webinars (road maps). The new cloud management and deploy feature is handy for small remote locations.

What do you dislike?

I currently do not have a con to add to the list. However, I do have a wish list. I know they are working on or considering allowing the ability to deploy applications with this software. I'm excited for that feature to arrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for free, that's what we did. We then priced it out and found it to be inexpensive for what it can deliver.

Our overall deployment has been cut down dramatically. The RTO is excellence, this software is a no brainier for us. I enjoy this much more than using Symantec Ghost.

SmartDeploy review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Best deployment tool I've used"

What do you like best?

We have used SmartDeploy in our school district for years and love the ease of use and how far the company has come with great new features.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was a way to add the ability that would redirect the SmartDeploy client to setup a central driver and image repository.

In even small school districts redeploying computers in a lab environment can be very time consuming and frustrating without such a great tool.

"Big time saver"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to deploy images, and how quickly it usually goes. Support has been very helpful when I've run into issues.

What do you dislike?

Occassionaly there is an update that needs to be done to Smart Deploy, especially as a result of some Windows Updates. I don't always know about it until after I've tried to image a computer and the image doesn't work and then I find out I have to update our Smart deploy and boot media.

It's been a great tool to deploy an image with line of business applications to quickly get a new workstation up and running. It helps us to focus on other important areas of IT.

SmartDeploy review by User

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy has an excellent step by step wizard that takes you through the process of creating your golden image to deploying to machines. I was able to download the trial and create then deploy an image within 4 hours.

What do you dislike?

This is not a negative by any means, but SmartDeploy didn't support the naming convention of my company's domain. I reached out to their development team and they insured me that they could add this feature to their software in the next update. My company uses a rather unconventional domain name so this is no fault of SmartDeploy. It does show that they are responsive to their customer's needs and is willing to accommodate my company as a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest using the trail software, it provides 15 deployments. Which was plenty enough for my company to fully test to see if this solution was right for us. We are a proud customer with over 100 deployments to date with no signs of discontinuing our service with SmartDeploy.

I can deploy to machines out of state unattended. We didn't have that capability before SmartDeploy.

SmartDeploy review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Finally, a company that's serious about making deployment easy"

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy's system just makes sense, it's logical and easy to use. They're changing the industry.

What do you dislike?

My big complaint...better marketing. I found them days after committing to rolling out new PC's on another tool. SmartDeploy would have cut my deployment time by 30% or more had I found them 3 weeks earlier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let go of past attachments and understandings of how imaging is done, and give SmartDeploy a chance. Once you understand the product, it's the most logical imaging system on the market.

Imaging/cloning is just plain difficulty for anyone, and even more difficult for a small I.T. department. SmartDeploy understands that, and makes deployment easy.

SmartDeploy review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"One Of the Best Imaging Software"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

My only con is that it can be quite pricey. Even for a non profit pricing. I wish there was a way to buy the software out right and pay support

Our overall deployment has been cut down dramatically. The RTO is excellence, this software is a no brainer for us. I enjoy this much more than using Symantec Ghost.

SmartDeploy review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Powerful and simple deployment tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, loads drivers and updates Bios, great support with constant updates and improvements.

What do you dislike?

I have had no serious complaints. I did need support once or twice with some change that Windows 10 made in one of its major releases. Issue was easily resolved.

Desktop imaging

SmartDeploy review by Rick C.
Rick C.

"Excellent Product!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, many flexible deployment options.

What do you dislike?

Initial install of the product was a bit of a problem (installer issue), but a call to their support staff quickly resolved my issue.

Lightning fast PC imaging and software deployment. Saved many hours of manually configuring computers one-by-one.

SmartDeploy review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Awesome solutions for multiple platforms - manage ONE image."

What do you like best?

I like that SmartDeploy continues to update their product. They are responsive to support questions and continue to add features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to keep up with the changes.

Single image support. The downloadable Platform Packs makes one image for for countless computers. Unlike the DriverPacks for SCCM you really never have to tweak things once you get a release Platform Pack.

SmartDeploy review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"SmartDeploy = Easy and quick deployments"

What do you like best?

I've been an IT Desktop Technician for years. This has to be the quickest I've ever imaged anything! And so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I've only been using it for the past 6 months when imaging new-hire workstations, re-images, etc.. I don't have any dislikes as of today.

We no longer use a Ghost server to image. This alone saves valuable time.

SmartDeploy review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Makes multi system deployments easy"

What do you like best?

Multiple images, platform packs, and numerous ways to deploy

What do you dislike?

documentation could be somewhat improved but the product is very intuitive and support is good so that makes up for it.

Solving multi model systems across 7 different offices numerous states

"AWESOME TOOL"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to use VMs for any model of machine, integrating it through our enterprise.

What do you dislike?

None at this time. I enjoy the tool, it meets out requirements.

Mass deployments with different make a models, creating efficiency.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and setup, Love the ability to remotely deploy computers, wide variety of driver packs

What do you dislike?

No dislikes as of right now, Love the product

Easy to re-image a computer to the latest builds

SmartDeploy review by Jay T.
Jay T.

"Best imaging software!"

What do you like best?

The driver and platform packs that allow for quick deployments.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it did application deployments!

We did not have an imaging solution that worked 100% of the time.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

Using it to create and deploy images for new and recycled laptops. I like that you can download platform packs.

What do you dislike?

I wish user state migration was more simple or integrated into this product, that would save me tons of time.

Keeping an updated image, deploying new machines easier.

SmartDeploy review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Best bang for your buck"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Speed of imaging

Ability to multitask

What do you dislike?

License management can be a bit confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it

standardized deployments

Deployment efficiency

Learning about SmartDeploy?

* We monitor all SmartDeploy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.