SmartDeploy Reviews & Product Details

SmartDeploy Overview

What is SmartDeploy?

SmartDeploy is a leading provider of modern endpoint management solutions. With a flexible layered architecture, IT can achieve centralized, single-image management to support 50 to 50,000 endpoints. SmartDeploy’s award-winning technology combines the best of progressive solutions like SCCM, centralized solutions like VDI and legacy imaging solutions like Ghost, without the common drawbacks. More than 3,000 organizations, including Aetna, the US Department of Transportation, Nissan, Nintendo, ETRADE, and GE Healthcare, trust SmartDeploy to deploy and manage their end user devices.

SmartDeploy Details

Hardware independent computer deployment software that makes ghosting a thing of the past. Create one Windows image that can deploy to any computer model in your organization.

SmartDeploy’s zero-touch endpoint management architecture bridges the gap between the simplicity of legacy solutions, the capabilities of comprehensive solutions, and the innovations of centralized solutions; without being ambiguous, inconsistent, and expensive. SmartDeploy continuously expands to meet modern IT demands addressed by powerful and complex solutions like ConfigMgr. SmartDeploy uses the principles of centralized single image management from solutions such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.

SmartDeploy

SmartDeploy Reviews

Showing 62 SmartDeploy reviews
Already have SmartDeploy?
AI
What do you like best?

I like that once you get the hang of the software it is as simple as can be to deploy. Just build a virtual machine the way you want it. Capture the image and create your deployment media. To build an image, you simply create a virtual machine in either Hyper-V or VMWare, install all the software packages you wish to deploy with the image and run all the updates you need on the image. Then you can proceed to make any security, configuration, or user experience adjustments and then shut down the image. You then have to use the console and capture the Image which is as simple as stepping through a wizard and picking a save location. The ease of not needing to manually create partitions and other base system settings like you would with other deployment tools is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to creating the answer files and making sure you have all the correct settings. Also, depending on the model of system you are imaging, there can be difficulty getting those systems into a boot configuration that can accept the image to be deployed. One of the difficult things that I ran into was the challenge of getting the system I was working on to boot properly into the media. I tried following support's recommendations and did not have much success with that. I ended up having to buy the product to get official support so that I could receive the "premium support" and then found out that it was my antivirus software on the deployed image that was blocking it from working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Smart Deploy, contact them for a trial license. I acquired a longer-term trial license through their booth at Spiceworks Spiceworld IT Conference and was able to test it out completely before I used it. With this trial license it allowed me to do a full-blown test to ensure that the solution would work for a number of our systems before purchasing the software. This allowed me to go to my boss and show him the progress and usability and make a stronger use-case for purchasing the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to the COVID situation, we had to push out a number of laptops in a short amount of time. This solution was able to help me deploy 35 laptops in a matter of 3 days. So much faster than if I had to do this by hand for each system. This system has significantly reduced my overhead and time spent working on systems. It now takes me less than 20 minutes to completely deploy a new laptop in or organization instead of several hours. With this platform it saves us time and also helps ensure that we have consistent images when we deploy our systems, which our auditors absolutely love. Based on it's ease of use and the amount of time it takes to deploy an image I now have lots more time to make sure security settings are complete and correct, as well as making sure that all systems are spec'd identically which the auditors also love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator
What do you like best?

The quick and easy setup of the console along with superb documentation makes getting up and running with SDE super easy. Then having the one golden image that works across any enterprise Windows device makes imaging as simple as it can be. The ability to easily refresh/re-image your entire fleet is made simple by SDE and their downloadable platform packs that contain ALL necessary drives for most all enterprise grade Windows machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing not to like is that SDE isn't free. There is literally nothing that I don't enjoy and recommend about SDE. SDE is one of my three go-to tools that will travel with me no matter where I am working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the trial a go and you'll wonder why you haven't already made the move to SDE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Refreshing or imaging current and new machines is no longer a painful process. It is now 99% hands off and automated and can be done physically at the machine (I integrate with WDS) or remotely from the office whether the device is in network or not. During this pandemic, it couldn't be more imperative to touch as few devices as possible. That makes the remote imaging and software deployment for both in and out of the network devices is critical right now. Having such a great imaging tool makes troubleshooting an issue with a device extinct. I just simply start a re-image and walk away. SDE has increased my efficiency in maintaining our current fleet of Windows machines as well as any new machines that arrive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Administrator
What do you like best?

There are many different options for setup and deploying, it has a vast array for various different user setups. You can configure to deploy the OS and configurations, as well as user apps and profiles. It makes for a very easy and hands off deployment for many more machines at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes time for users to really learn and start using to a beneficial extent. Fairly complex. but that is to be expected. You can look at videos and forums to learn more about it to really implement it to your needs. There is a lot to learn and it can take a lot of time, but it is worth doing to make it as powerful and effective for your organization as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn the software. It can be a lot to look through, but there are a lot of features and things worth implementing. Through their support site as well as online forums and videos, you can look through and find information to help you implement it to the fullest extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Decreases the number of unique workstations and greatly increases the speed of deploying hardware. Where an attended installation may take 20+ minutes, a properly configured deployment setup can be used to deploy OS/apps/settings all at the same time on various different machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ability to update drivers on the fly. Cloud based imaging is a tool that I have yet to learn, but it looks like I could really use it in the future. That's what I love about Smart Deploy. Almost each update has a goodie that is really impressive and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updating my answer file doesn't work on the first go. But it's probably user error. I have had a couple issues joining the domain, but it's a minor inconvenience. A even simpler way to image a brand new laptop would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SamrtDeploy is an easy transition from any current system you are using. Their support is out of this world. If you notice a bug or an outdated driver, the turn around is incredibly fast. Time saving, innovative, and efficient. If is everything and more you can ask for from deployment software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping BIOS updates current through driver updates has solved lots of unnecessary headaches. The growing simplicity and different ways of imaging using SmartDeploy really is cutting edge from how imaging used to be performed 5-6 years ago. Once your initial setup is complete, imaging is a breeze and time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

SmartDeploy is very user friendly. It doesn't take long to learn about the program. It keeps getting and better and that's a good sign of a company who stands behind its product.

I have used Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit in the pass and that was a pain to manage. Since the COVID19 outbreak, we had to start imaging many computers for users working from home. Our manager told us "SmartDeploy saved our butts". If it wasn't for SmartDeploy, we would have to truly spend double or triple the amount of time for setting up all the required equipment. We are truly thankful for having such a wonderful tool to assist us in such a difficult time. SmartDeploy is the ultimate tool for deploying/imaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SmartDeploy searches are slow on the server side. We have a little more than 300 computers but the delays are there when trying to search. Typing in partially the computer name will take time for it to refresh the result. I'm sure SmartDeploy will keep improving since this is a minor issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an easy tool to manage OS images/ Deployment this is it. It doesn't get any easier than this. Save a lot of time for doing same thing over and over again with this tool. SmartDeploy has potential to become a better well rounded piece of software that does everything painlessly and I'm not going with anything else except SmartDeploy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time is money and we saved a lot of it with SmartDeploy. The old way of imaging a computer take two or three time longer and at the end we still didn't have the image exactly as we wanted. The learning curve is such a big part of this program. I can't say enough on how user friend it is. Not having to download drivers is a big plus and having the ability to create packages for deployment is a god sent feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Smart Deploy has worked very well for our law firm of about 90 users. We evaluated several other solutions such as Kace and SCCM, and Smart Deploy was the easiest to use and meets all of our needs. The actual time to set it up was done in hours, not days or weeks. We were testing it on the first day we started rolling it out. The most time consuming part was simply creating our master image the way we wanted it. The support team has been exceptionally responsive and accommodating on creating some Platform Packs for some HP consumer grade laptops for us. We can literally take a new PC from its box to fully imaged in about 20 minutes. We are primarily using the Offline Deployment option because it is so simple to use. Overall, we are very pleased with Smart Deploy and can highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much that I don't like. There are several options for deploying images and we have not had a chance to figure out some of the more advanced options yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deploying new or re-imaged PCs to our end users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SmartDeploy makes it easy to image a computer, attach it to our domain and our Wi-Fi network. I really like the platform packs and how they automate updating drivers both at install and across the network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Clients occasionally lose connection with the deployment server. I really want the console to be multi-user so that my team can work with the cloud options on their own without requiring a single non-shared cloud account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a really labor intensive process for setting up new computers and re-imaging current workstations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Personally I enjoy not having to install all the drivers on every computer that I am imaging. SmartDeploy takes care of installing the correct drivers on the correct computer models and if there is a computer with specialized hardware installed i can setup a special driver package that will then be installed when the computer is imaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had a few failures when imaging computers but thankfull they are easy to fix. I would simply make a SmartDeploy bootable USB and tell the machine to start imaging once again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, I highly recommend it. as with all software it takes time to get used to.

i have sorted my computers by which lab they are in and gives me full control when it comes to moving them from one group to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We once had an imaging system setup where we could only image so many at a time, if I sent more than the limit they would wait in line and i would not know which computer was next to image.

With SmartDeploy i can send out the first batch of images for a lab, schedule another lab for later on in the day.

Now i do not have computers in different labs that have and have not gotten imaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The ease of use and how seamlessly you can create an image from scratch and deploy to other machines, regardless of where they are located. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are on version 2.0.3070.11206 and they do not have the ability to have the main software on several systems at the same time due to the fact that the clients will only recognize on main hub. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the only software you need to deploy images accurately and in a timely manner,. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Save time and accurately deploy full images for new systems, upgrades and crashed systems. It is a huge time saver and how well you can deploy images to an entire office in little to no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

ease of use and deployment. With options to deploy via cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say. I would like to see more walk through for beginners. Like basic settings most companies set in the golden image. I find that my techs are not familiar with the imaging process and having a guideline to best practices or settings on the VDI could really make this an "anyone can use it" software. More answer file settings. But Nothing negative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team at smart deploy has been amazing to work with, If I run into questions or concerns, they are very quick to respond and helpful. They are at the top of their game with innovation and implement features from feed back they receive. I had never even heard about them until I started with my current employer and was skeptical until I deployed an image. They cerate driver packages for you as well to take the load off Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

imaging with a clear cut way of deploying with out all teh added steps of building one via Microsoft tools and sysprep Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Support, driver packs, easy to use, pricing. You don't need dedicated server or SQL server for database. Price / performance is top! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What is the purpose of having to login every time I start SD console?

Lack of updated application packages. Because of this I don't use SD for application deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the good work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deploying the same image to multiple types of computers. No more searching for drivers for different machines - that was the most time consuming process. Most of the platform packages are 100% working, for some I have to add package - for example HP Hotkey support is the most often missed. Otherwise drivers are stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

I like that I can customize my deployments to tailor to my needs. We use a lot more app packs then most and this helps us tremendously to be able to customize the app packs as well as the deployments. The ability to integrate Google/GSuite in to imaging/deployments has been tremendous as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't get more granular with my Smart Deploy users permissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SmartDeploy has allowed us to remotely image and deploy apps now that most of our workforce works remotely. This has been a tremendous bonus with the ever changing world we live in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I love the ability to not only backup user setting but also deploy remotely and even over the cloud! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as of now been working very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My best advice to anyone is run the trail and ask questions. There support is A+ and will even extend trail of need to further test w/your environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time! I can start a deploy and move on to something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

SmartDeploy saves time and money! The best efficient OS deployment software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything that o dislike about SmartDeploy, I wish there pricing was a bit cheeper but it’s understandable for a great product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software. Time and money well spent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem solved is efficiency, SmartDeploy let’s you deploy OS on a large scale with out taking excessive amounts of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

SmartDeploy is very easy to set up and use. Even if you had little or no experience creating and deploying images, the software is very user-friendly and you'll be up and running in no time. It has a great user interface and deployments are very fast and error-free. It is very simple to import images and create answer files, and you can set up custom or unattended deployments to essentially eliminate any user error during imaging. Driver packs are updated regularly, which saves a lot of time since you don't have to track down and import them all manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if SmartDeploy had a built-in virtual workstation for creating images, but that is a minor nitpick and I really don't have any complaints. This is an excellent product and they are constantly upgrading and adding new, user-requested features. Any time I have run into an issue, their support has been very helpful and has virtually eliminated downtime that we used to experience with other imaging programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend SmartDeploy. If you're on the fence about the cost vs. a free solution, it is definitely worth the investment. It will save a great deal of time and frustration, and it will make imaging multiple devices a breeze. If you are looking to upgrade your organization to Windows 10, this is a perfect solution. You definitely get what you pay for, and the price for licenses and support is reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Imaging time is fast and has been reduced from previous programs. Post-deployment issues have been eliminated. Driver issues are much less frequent and are resolved quickly by their support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

They listen to customers and try to implement there recommendations. Lower cost than many other solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Computer management isn't quite where I'd like to see it, but each release its getting closer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always improving and always willing to answer questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Imaging Labs which used to take many hours now is taking less than an hour in many cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Platform packs save so much time with installing drivers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Application packs

Updates to the console take a while to be released

Should have small updates in between Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster imaging deployments

Cloud imaging is crazy helpful in some situations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Ease of use, excellent support, up to date driver packs, no issues so far with deploying image to multiple type of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Keep up the good work :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an affordable, easy and stable solution without too many costs involving additional infrastructure (SCCM, SQL database), try SmartDeploy. Deploying custom image to multiple types of clients is really simple, you don't have to include any drivers, SmartDeploy has its own drivers packs that are fully customizable and in 99% up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deploy image to all clients, reduce time to deploy, reduce time for drivers search and updates, everything is slipstreamed in one nice functional package and you don't have to pay a lot of cash to get this stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Deploying applications directly and capturing easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It gives you an error with please specify an image file when user with account leaves the company. Have to recapture everything again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's definitely better than old ways of deploying an image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Smooth driver integration and support staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into any dislikes, there are features I have not used Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome product, I have been using this for many years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy deployment to different computer models Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Engineer
UE
What do you like best?

The Windows 10 deployment went so much better once I walked through it with tech support. I love the videos as the explanation is much easier to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the instruction support doesn't explain as well as it should Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't even used all features due to a renovation but the team is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting things imaged quickly is a plus. To create an image that I can put on any Make/Model Computer is genius. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Platform packages for our diversified environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Easier way to upload application packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into application packages for even faster deployments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast imaging and ability to image many different kinds of computers on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The ability to create a standard image and then tweak that for multiple "builds" on various hardware without ever having to touch driver installations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Manually building a platform pack. Hopefully this can be made easier at some point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a modern workstation imaging too, SmartDeploy is the best in my oppinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest is deployment or reimaging speed. SD does this really really well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for SmartDeploy?