simian Reviews & Product Details

simian Overview

What is simian?

Simian. Media Sharing. Evolved. Entertainment and marketing companies rely on Simian to collaborate, present, share and track media assets …smarter.

simian Details

simian Reviews

Showing 9 simian reviews
Already have simian?
Religious Education Teacher, St. Mary of The Lakes, Eustis, Florida
What do you like best?

I used the Simian 2.3 Pro version which was new at the time (2017) and a huge upgrade over previous version. The Simian 1.8 version or other older versions quite honestly are a waste of your time and money. The 2.3 version program spots 7 days in advance with ease. Logs are easily saved for a month. Emergency Alert System information can be stored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I had was with the time in that the clock often skipped from intermittent internet speed connections, etc... and that would mess up the timing of local breaks. I was told there was a way to correct the time with an adjuster but we never made the investment so I wasted quite a lot of time (almost daily) needing to change times on all my breaks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit is the ease to get a local spot on the air seamlessly in a matter of minutes without needing to jump through many technical hoops. A recorded spot from Drop Box can effortlessly be downloaded into "Soundhound" (the audio database) and be ready to be plugged into an audio cart during a break just as easily as the "good old days" when we used to run down the hall with the audio cartridges in hand and stick them into the machine to be played (when a vinyl record was finished playing)!! So Simian offers speed, versatility and duplication where you can scheduled the same spot at the same times. One trick I learned was if my Tuesday was arranged very much like my Monday I could just copy the log for Monday and change the date to "Tuesday." That saved me a lot of typing! Or if there were only minimum changes, copy the whole day and change the few areas that needed editing. Many times your Monday-Friday broadcast schedule clocks will be the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

-The ease of use, it’s simple and it works

-I like the layout, very easy to use user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Providing streaming video for internal purposes, client deliverables, pitches and, most importantly, archive. Able to rejigger space allocations if Projects become more cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems technically solved, but I have used Simian to manage live broadcasts for a radio station and loved it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workday Announcer / Audio Producer
What do you like best?

The ease of use, it’s simple and it works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How glitchy it can be, and simple errors can throw out the whole system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simian like I said before is very easy to use and is quite user friendly so when hiring new staff we can get them up to speed and on air quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The fact that only 3 cart players can be assigned, and that it's not as good as some competitors in regards to a live assist environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just go for it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Playlist management, seg editing, instant carts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

Our company switched from Wiredrive several years ago and haven't looked back. While the two interfaces were very similar, we've found Simian to have some stand out features that made us like this service over the other. Client review postings are really simplified just the way we want them. We like how Simian has worked with us to help customize the interface, removing features that we don't need and being open to suggestions to feature requests Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas I'd love to tweak but cannot do so. For example, I want to customize the frame that it pulls the thumbnails on so I don't have to recreate them every time I upload something. For example, set a preference to pull it from the first frame. I wish the library had more organization tools to help me find videos for reels that have not been used in a long time to purge old material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simian will save a lot of time with uploading media for client reviews. The website also looks very nice with company branding, without too much stuff on the page that you do not need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have gotten rid of using FTPs for client review postings. We've also simplified reel creation for new jobs that we are bidding. Interface is so easy to use that everyone in the office can use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Intern
What do you like best?

I love how simple Simian is to use and share files for queuing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's kind of a lot going on. A little bit distracting to look at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to reach out to support! New software can definitely be confusing, and Simian is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Favorite out of google and wiredrive. User friendly. Able to put media ina specific order! Also, their encoding for downloads is spotless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some tagging features weren't perfect, but that would be more of a plus than anything that affects the core function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easier to use than wiredrive and more aesthetically pleasing and professionally looking than google Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes organizing and sending videos for client preview a breeze. I never realized how helpful and professional it was until I quit my job and lost the subscription! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is very user-friendly, and you get really good feedback on views. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little difficult to use the search function if you don't have the exact right wording typed in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been great for housing our spots and for making quick reels to send out to clients and potential clients. I've also used it to build pages for client review of certain production-related aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

While certainly not the most intuitive or future-proof video hosting service i've used, it certainly is much MUCH More affordable than most. It offers all the essential features that I look for in a service: ease of use, some customization, killer customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frustrated by the fact that archival videos have to have their data streaming limited to 3mbps - that is certainly not a future-proof video quality; would prefer to use something more data rich than that when considering an archival spec. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend if Wiredrive's getting too rich for your blood. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for simian?