Raise Reviews & Product Details

Raise Overview

What is Raise?

Raise is a retail payments company that connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash.

Raise Details
Discussions
Raise Community

Raise
2013
Chicago, IL
@RaiseMarket
Answer a few questions to help the Raise community
Have you used Raise before?

Raise Reviews

Showing 20 Raise reviews
Already have Raise?
Co-Owner
What do you like best?

Finding ways to reduce our Cost of Living is what brought Raise to my attention. I can buy discount gift cards on Raise for things that I am going to spend money on anyhow and save money. We buy discount gift cards for groceries, clothes, going out to eat, going to the movies, etc. When I know I am going to be spending money I can visit their website and find the appropriate discount card most of the time. Raise provides a great service and they are prompt in getting your cards to you, electronically. And they sometimes run specials to give you even more savings on particular cards. I highly recommend Raise, for saving money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they are out of stock on the cards I am looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for Raise's emails so you can take advantage of their specials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to buy gift cards for things we use in our business at a discount - like things for the bathroom; water and snacks for our employees through discounted grocery cards. And we can reward our employees with the discounted gift cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Physical therapist assistant
What do you like best?

Ability to purchase gift cards in bulk for discount. I can get plenty at once avoiding major taxing issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The discounts are low I would rather see 30%-50%. I only see discounts for 2-6% that just covers tax. Also theres no points system to reward for being an active customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to use as an incentive based program for co workers birthdays and personal accomplishments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Issues purchasing gift cards in bulk. Its a great incentive based program to implement to utilize for coworkers accomplishments and birthdays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Wide range of vendors and good stock. One person's discard is another person's treasure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once I did have a gift card that did not work. Raise refunded my purchase without trouble, but I found out when I was at the merchant and it was awkward and I ended up paying full price cash on that occasion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great platform to sell or buy card across a wide range of areas. Some vendors have more stock than other naturally. If you are looking for a popular vendor, you can set up an alert that will be pushed to you when a popular card arrives. But be sure to act fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficient use of gift cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Before I buy anything, I always check Raise to see if I can buy gift cards to lower my final price. After coupons, sales, and apply Raise gift cards, you can really lower the final price to everything you buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the margin difference between the gift card and the actual sale price but the sellers need to retain their money too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out atleast one time and see the benefits! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With a tight budget, it really helps to lower overall cost with Raise gift cards. You can lower everyday cost to run the business or even with personal items you need to get your day started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can purchase discounted gift cards to popular merchants, such as Starbucks and Target, which allows me to save money at the register or online. The discount is typically larger than what the merchant offers during special sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact the Starbucks gift cards cannot be transferred in the Starbuck's app; however, you can use them to buy a transferable gift card in the store itself. It's an extra step but it's worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for the biggest discount when purchasing gift cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm enjoying additional shopping power while sticking to a budget. Raise.com gives me that option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive secretary
What do you like best?

Its very easily to pick and choose your choice of occasion you are looking for and so many different options to choose from and always have deals and have deals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that their deals lasted longer than what they offer sometimes but other than that there is nothing else that is to complain about or don't like about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Never had any issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The only thing I have found raise to be helpful for is the exchange of gift cards with a sense of confidence. Assurance of the balance, validity and seller is not necessary and the platform isn't hard to navigate payment and payout acceptance of information the concept Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of fulfilling instruct, verbiage is a bit confusing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to try and err much Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically cuts the work out of cold sell and sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

Raise has so many gift cards to choose from. They have varying degrees of discounts depending on the card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Raise. Fast email delivery and your sure to get a discount on each card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Raise is wonderful. So many cards to choose from you're sure to find a great value by using this site. I have bought many gift cards for myself as well as for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Consultant
What do you like best?

This is a secure site that has all of the gift cards that you'll want at discounted prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the discounts could be even higher. Just sayin'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't pay full price for gift cards! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I purchase gift cards for client "thank you's" and I like saving money. I also buy e-gift cards right before I make online purchases in order to save a little money on items I need anyway. It only takes a minute! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a free app with an easy to use modern interface. The layout provides guidance on where to buy and sell without breaking a sweat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had an incident where my order got cancelled but there was no money refund. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is go to website for trusted gift card exchange. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of gift card exchange Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Concept is good and convenient, you can buy gift cards instantly at the store when you are sure you want to buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Implementation is buggy and customer service is crappy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware you cannot cancel orders and customer service is extinct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I save money buying instant egiftcards at the store right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s quick and extremely easy to quickly receive your gift card online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the gift cards would update with the correct amount after using some of the balance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s helped me to sell unwanted gift cards for money and to raise money on purchases that I make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Raise is easy to use and is an easy way to cut costs when gifting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Based on limited inventory of a specific product, it’s tough to know what will be available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

I absolutely adore Raise! Most brands are on sale for around 5% off and they often run sales that help you take off additional amounts! Their site started in 2013 and I have used it since 2015 and still continue to use them until this day and it's now 2019! They have 100-day money back guarantee and awesome, super personable customer service! I have saved on all sorts of brands - anything from Target to Groupon and beyond! You aren't just limited to stores - there are also restaurants and activities/experiences available too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some brands are not available to sell unless you're qualified to sell in bulk. I do not know what it takes to get that certification but be sure to check if your brand is available to buy or sell if you are interested in doing either of those actions. They do take around 12% of the total sale but that is down from their original 15%. You should also discount your item too - overall, still a great way to convert unwanted funds to cash. Your money will take a few business days to transfer to your account as well via direct deposit or PayPal. It is also important to mention not all brands are always on sale. You do also need to validate your account with a credit card for selling and you need to have an active US cell phone number for making purchases; they do validate your identity for your safety and others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They also have a new feature called Raise Pay. You can buy gift cards for the full value needed for your purchase and spend the same amount you would normally, but get instant rebates for doing so! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I always look for deals when I shop online. I combine online coupons, cashback sites, and discounted gift cards from Raise and find the best prices when I do all these things. I have saved easily hundreds of dollars. I honestly think Raise is the best and most secure site of all similar marketplaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The amount of money I am able to save just by buying the items I would have already bought anyways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it does exactly what I need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to save quite a bit more by cutting the cost of things I would buy anyway and put the money into savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Ease of use and great discounts for gift cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Simplify check out to pay with pay pal or venmo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchasing discount gift cards for our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that they have discounted gift cards for nearly everything! I try to check Raise before going to a store to see if a discounted gift card is available. Their selection is great and the discounts can be pretty significant! The delivery times are very fast, usually under an hour for electronic cards. The site can also store your billing information, making future checkouts super fast and convenient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find a gift card that I want and then see that it is a physical gift card and would need to wait to have it shipped to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Raise is a quick and easy tool to use before going shopping, out to eat or anywhere really! The gift cards are all discounted and the savings add up fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving money! That's one of the best benefits out there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Almost Instant delivery. I can actually walk in the store, look how much i want to buy and order the gc to get them instantly!

They have a great collection of GC. Very cost effective too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point, selling gc on raise is not cost effective. Unless you have a GC that you want to take cents on dollar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it. Good App to save. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I give a lot of rewards to people who work with me. So it allows me to get variety of rewards from different places at very cost effective price. Use it a lot for flower delivery gc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the ability to search through the offerings and filter by price and discount. It's pretty easy to use due to an intuitive interface. I also like the ability to go back through my purchase history to see where I've been saving the most money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you forget your pin, you have to call in and that's a huge pain. I've been using other software since I don't understand the extra layer of verification. Why should I call in when I will be finished with the transaction through someone else's mobile app? Also, the inability to know if gift cards were used or how much is remaining through their interface is not very friendly. I would prefer to have that tracked on their platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good source to pick up discounted gift cards for team member gifts or to help pay for team meals if on a budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When the budget is small, I like using Raise to plan team events, gifts, meals, etc. Even saving 5-10% adds up since it's real savings for scrappy companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the interface, the look and feel, it's easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the Raise application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A great marketing tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.