MindNode

MindNode provides a mind mapping solution for visual representation of the ideas.

Work for MindNode?

Learning about MindNode?

MindNode Reviews

Showing 25 MindNode reviews
MindNode review by Arturo M.
Arturo M.

"Intuitive, easy to use, and very productive"

What do you like best?

This idea-mapping tool is so versatile it can be used for many other projects. You can customize themes and create hierarchies. Use your mouse, add text, move lines around... so easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

We have found that, when the program is updated, documents need to be updated also. The process is seamless but, from time to time, the program becomes non-responsive.

We also dislike the fact that nodes can only be added horizontally. We wish we could have vertical maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an efficient tool to easily map ideas, projects, etc. this is it.

We have many projects that involve multiple processes as well as multiple project managers. By using this mapping tool, we are able to easily identify the best way to approach complex tasks that require collaborative efforts. This tool has saved us time, and productivity has improved as projects plans are executed with clarity. When adjustments to the "map" are required (almost every time), MindNode allows us to make changes easily.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MindNode
MindNode review by Eric J.
Eric J.

"Great Mind Mapping Tool"

What do you like best?

Mindnode is super simple to use. I really liked the theme's which allowed me to quickly change the look of my mind maps for different audiences and even multiple mind maps. Being able to send the mindnode in open formats was an added plus. also PDF export was helpful for distributing virtual copies of the maps.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to really "layout" the mind map in a way which made sense to me was a hindrance. Also moving nodes between one tree to another tree wasn't very intuitive either. The export to freemind didn't seem to translate well from a Mac to a PC. there were some issues which required us to go in and edit the XML to make it work. Missing attributes and extra attributes made it difficult to really utilize this export feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial version first to ensure if does what you want and works well with the way you think etc.

We needed a quick way to really lay out features for a product and show how they were related the "deeper" down the product chain we went. The mind map allowed us to easily show high level big ideas and then all the supporting features and iterations of the product or feature. it also was a great tool for us when developing new products as we could start with a general idea and start to really branch off and see where it took us and those could spawn off into new ideas for us to explore.

What Idea Management solution do you use?

MindNode review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Looking for a way to quickly develop outlines for your writing?"

What do you like best?

To get my ideas down, all I do is click on the toolbar and start typing everything about the idea without trying to sort or analyze as I type. The coolest part is when I finish, I can create a mind map with one keystroke! All of that might take me 2-3 minutes and results in a visual that I can add to later. I have so many things to remember so I like taking those few minutes and then putting it aside, knowing it is ready for more ideas later is priceless.

What do you dislike?

I can make connections between items on the mind map but one thing to improve would be to allow labels to be added to the connections to show relationships.

I work in education and often need to explain sections of a paper and what needs to be changed. MindNode allows me to do that with a picture.

MindNode review by Aravind K.
Aravind K.

"mindnode review"

What do you like best?

Before using this app I would be so lost and not know how to start writing what was on my mind. Therefore, so many of my thoughts over the past decade never came to fruition. Fast forward to now... and this app has literally changed my life. I can now organize my thoughts and I’m more motivated to write on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is, on the app store, it says free. but in real, it is not. NO, it's NOT free. It costs $39.99. The upgrade from v2 costs $14.99.

A two week trial is free.

I’m a visual learner, so this comes as no surprise that this has helped me so much. I am also on the autism spectrum, so I tend to do certain things differently than most. I am more confident in myself to write, and I am getting my thoughts out there one day at a time.

MindNode review by Kristen C.
Kristen C.

"Marie Kondo For Your Brain"

What do you like best?

I love that MindNode gives you the freedom of a blank template to organize all thoughts and tasks and further prioritize each task, add notes, reorganize, etc. I love being able to rearrange a node I initially thought belonged elsewhere. It's malleable and easy to access/share with anyone who may need to weigh in.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see additional app integrations to create a living workspace.

It may exist already and I just haven't found it, but a way to search mindmaps for specific terms or phrases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again, I'd love to see additional app integrations to create a living workspace. MindNode is a great tool for people who find other applications too structured and not flexible enough for your needs, learning and thought processes.

I initially used MindNode for my personal life to organize errands, workload, and events. Now I use it just about every day at work as a place to keep action items, priorities, and as a think tank for projects.

With MindNode I'm able to visualize my thoughts, tasks, and notes in one place and see how they connect. It promotes efficiency by allowing me to see how things may overlap. The ability to add notes to child nodes allows me to keep, on hand, all of the information I could possibly need.

MindNode review by Matt Q.
Matt Q.

"Badass mapping for all ages"

What do you like best?

The simple and clean interface is my favorite part of MindNode

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky to use on a phone, but overall there's not much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool to map out your thoughts MindNode is amazing. Cannot be easier to use. It's also great to share with clients if you're in the client services industries.

MindNod allows me to map out my audiences for clients, clearly identifying psychographical data, demographic data, and even mapping out strategies for campaigns!

MindNode review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great Mind Mapping Software"

What do you like best?

This is the best mind mapping software for mac and ios. We can freely visualize our ideas over the phone or computer. It allows the user to capture and share the ideas.

You can have a mind mapping in one document with different and customized layouts. We can add texts, images, URL in different ways which are quite a good feature.

What do you dislike?

The only thing what I need to compensate with its pricing. It is a little costlier. And also you need to manage it very carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One should use this software. It is very useful as it is having many benefits and advanced feature like layouting, quick entry, publishing, import export etc.

The main benefits are to personalize your own ideas on your computer and phone. The user interface is very good here. Also the main I do not have to save my documents in any other file. I can directly save it on my cloud and can also publish it. and if you turn on the auto-sync your documents will get updated and synchronized automatically.

"MindNode"

What do you like best?

I like that you can share your map with friends and colleagues so that you can collaborate on an idea. It's really helpful to be able to see the way someone is thinking through that type of graphic organizer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike being able to co-edit a mind map. It would be nice to be able to edit together in the fashion of a Google Document.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MindNode is a great way to share your process of thinking with others, however you cannot edit collaboratively, so everyone will have to share their own maps and come together at another point.

We are able to collaborate on ideas by sharing out maps with each other. One benefit is giving us a way to see how the other person is coming to their ideas and also gives us a way to go back in thinking to review.

MindNode review by Administrator in Computer Software

"MindNode Review"

What do you like best?

It is a good outlet to store and share ideas. The app is very accessible from any device and it is user friendly. If youre serious about mindmapping, it is very useful.

What do you dislike?

If you only need to make occasional mindmap style diagrams this probably isn’t for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the two week free trial of the app

you can do outlines. Yes, you can make lists. Yes, you can do all kinds of sophisticated project management. But for keeping track of what’s going on in your head and in your world, there’s nothing like a mind map. And this app does it simply, powerfully, and beautifully.

MindNode review by User

"Mind node for thought development "

What do you like best?

Mind node is great to understand how to take an idea or concept or to do and create all the nodes relevant in a train of thought. You take each idea and expand on it by creating multiple nodes. You end up with a beautiful map of each idea and it’s node. It’s also a mental train of throught you can articulate.

What do you dislike?

It gets cluttered when you are making a mind mode. It’s also difficult to edit as you get deeper into the mind node. If you have to edit a lot then you need to be very careful of how you create the node.

It’s a great way to articulate all the nodes of an idea from front to back. You can see how ideas mesh and are important from end to end. Hi

MindNode review by User in Higher Education

"Great way to sort out information into categories"

What do you like best?

Went faced with synthesizing lots of information or categorizing research into categories, MindNode is great. Easy to use, add notes.

What do you dislike?

A few features I would like, the ability the move a node from one area to another without deleting and retyping. I would also like to easily color code nodes or check off node after working with it so I keep track of where I was working.

I have used this to organize research and it allowed me to map areas of research without note cards or disparate notes on articles.

"Visually Pleasing!"

What do you like best?

I’m not typically someone that likes to write reviews but upon finding this app let me just say that I am a visual learner so that comes no surprise but this app has been super helpful! It helps me visualize my thoughts and allows me to arrange them how I need to

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that it cost money but it is understandable that not everything in life is free. It took me a bit to navigate around it but I feel like with practice and time it is manageable.

I’ve use this in a classroom setting before, I have also use this to rearrange outlines, thoughts and even the professors and teachers and instructors have had high accolades for this.

MindNode review by Kyra G.
Kyra G.

"Organize my ideas!"

What do you like best?

I like this MindNode because is a very easy way to organize my ideas and create a plan or project. Is a great tool for project management and it gives you a clear view of what you want to do!

What do you dislike?

I will like her to have a way to connect with other resources when creating your project or mapping my idea. Link give you links related to the subject to explore.

Be more organize, focus and efficiency.

"Instant satisfaction "

What do you like best?

The themes give an instant refreshing and professional look

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike, it allows me to put my thoughts down and organize easily while being fun to look at.

I use MindNode to get all my ideas down and then organize them overtime.

Things like onboarding and training material where I'm building systems from scratch start in mindnode to sort my thoughts

MindNode review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"MindNode Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to get started. Using MindNode, I am able to quickly and easily create a visual depiction of a process.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into anything that I can think of that I dislike yet.

It gives my team and me a very useful tool that we use to map out processes

MindNode review by User

"My favorite Product ever"

What do you like best?

I love how I can map out an idea just and see where everything connects together. We launched a whole program for our safety dept by using mindnode. The seamless pick up between my MAC and IPhone is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There is no pre design templates. Some staff have a hard time just starting on a blank page. There are days your creativity just isn’t there and guidance would be helpful.

Mapping out thoughts, ideas and connecting them into one sheet. Seeing the bigger picture all on one page is awesome.

"Sleek and Simple!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there are short cut buttons, ie. pressing of the return key 3 times. Makes things way easier than having to create a new node/branch for additional brainstorming ideas. The ability to zoom is perfect!

What do you dislike?

If there's an added ability to use this application with an Apple Pencil for added functionality would

Helps a lot with quick entries. It is made so simple that I was not frustrated by it and use a pen and paper instead.

MindNode review by User in Higher Education

"Mind Node review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I am able to visually map my thoughts. It helps to make a logical and chronological mind map of my ideas. It makes the brainstorming process more organized and visually pleasing. It allows me to see the natural flow of thoughts and progression of an idea.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the few creative options with the software. I would appreciate more colors and designs.

I am able to map my thoughts and visually present them to colleagues.

MindNode review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easiest way to organize information"

What do you like best?

Branching off of each section happens automatically with the tool, and the bubbles and lines reorganize themselves neatly to accommodate varying amounts of text. All of which leaves a very clean look to the finished chart

What do you dislike?

You cannot have a sprout shared between a single bubble, I wish there was a way to show a shared result/thought/etc from two separate offshoots.

I am able to take a brainstorming session and organize it into easy to follow resolutions.

MindNode review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great mind mapping app"

What do you like best?

Itsta great app to visualize your thoughts and make solid notes out of it, in terms of trxt, images, drawings etc. it’s clutter free and very intuitive, you can organize your ideas, relate them and generate great value out of it

What do you dislike?

The UI can be overwhelming soemtimes and should have more layouts to chose from.

Great app for Ideas generation, can help de clutter your mind and focus on the task at hand.

MindNode review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Helps organize my thoughts and life"

What do you like best?

It is clean and works almost like how it think. It works in a fluid manner and is easy to use. The map helps put ideas on paper and to enable them because I’m seeing it clearly.

What do you dislike?

Deletes maps without prompt. Deleted work by mistake and recovering it is quite a challenge. It’s frustraiting that it doesn’t sync seamlessly between devices but deletes seamlessly.

Organize new projects.

Organizes tasks and assignments for staff

MindNode review by Consultant

"Amazing software to map your thoughts "

What do you like best?

I love the cleanliness of the app and the no frills features.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more capabilities in terms of having child node stacking. Not everything is linear at times and that would help when mapping more complex relationships.

I use mindnode to gather my thoughts on random things as a catch all. I use it to also do light journey mapping of an application flow.

"Clear and easy"

What do you like best?

Clear and clean design for ppl to get started and easy to know how to use

What do you dislike?

Not very more customize features, and also could have put new features like handwritten

Can organize my ideas and also share projects with others in a clear and linked way

MindNode review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Best way to quickly map your mind"

What do you like best?

I can quickly create webs with ease to get my thoughts into an organized intuitive “board”. Very helpful and easy to use. Love it.

What do you dislike?

I don’t particularly dislike anything about this product.

Quickly taking notes or simplifying complex information.

MindNode review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"MindNode Review"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to map projects out visually.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the layout can be a little clunky

Laying out big or complex projects.

Learning about MindNode?

* We monitor all MindNode reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.