Import.io

3.8

Import.io is a web-based platform designed to allow users to easily extract web data for their analytics, big data, data visualization, machine learning or artificial intelligence projects.

Work for Import.io?

Learning about import.io?

Import.io Reviews

Ask import.io a Question
Showing 14 import.io reviews
Alabi B.

"The Perfect Data Extraction Tool"

What do you like best?

The one thing I really love about import.io is the manner in which it automatically extracts data from the internet, curates it and makes it meaningful for market analysis. It can, to a very large extent, transform unstructured data sets into structured data. It also has a scheduler that can easily automate the process of data mining. This is a unique data extraction tool

What do you dislike?

import.io delivers. I have no problem with it at all. It is one platform I believe companies, especially companies that are really dependent on data to use. The way it does it is unique. It is also cheap. It has it all. I do not have any dislikes at all

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are thinking about deploying import.io for your data extraction and interpretation, then that is brilliant. It works

We have been able to garner data for further market and sales analysis for the organization using import.io. It has worked perfectly thus far

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Import.io
Gokul M.

"Import.io is a SaaS web data integration platform"

What do you like best?

Import.io provides a visual environment for automating the workflow of extracting and transforming web data. After specifying the target website URL, the web data extraction module provides a visual environment for designing automated workflows for harvesting data, going beyond HTML parsing of static content to automate end-user interactions yielding data that would otherwise not be immediately visible.

What do you dislike?

When I used it last time, it didn't have any feature for autoscrolling web pages. Also sometimes it crawls a lot of pages but the data is not harvested, and it doesn't tell you a lot of things to debug, why or what is wrong with your crawler.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I set up an extractor to use for data analysis of URLs of many different groups and it was pretty easy to do. I had many contacts from the import.io team and good help. I also worked some on a web crawler. Eventually, I switched off to a different project where I didn't need this functionality, but it worked really well.

What Data Extraction solution do you use?

Anuj S.

"Reviewing Import.io"

What do you like best?

1. It is very Powerful and there's more to just extraction these days, with manipulation and reporting.

2. It is very easy to get started with smart data extraction and there's a lot that can be done without REGEX or XPath.

3. Great support.

What do you dislike?

It's not affordable for the single user anymore.

This saved me at minimum days of manual entry from websites. And that was for a small project. With a large extraction job this would be a lifesaver.

Fuad T.

"Great data extraction tool"

What do you like best?

The most impressive feature is that no coding is required on it. It has a perfect integration process, so easy when we got it. It is a very simple web extraction tool for converting web contents into data, basically for analytics purpose. Data extraction scheme is really smart and very easy to operate. It handles all these operations seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Special consideration should be given to the terms and conditions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the most impressive features you'll get. Requires no coding at all

We get an up to date analytics on data extracted by import.io. It's a means of getting better.

"A mixed bag"

What do you like best?

I like the interactive extractor feature and how easy it is to select all the different data fields that you would like captured. I also like how it's simple to capture documents such as photos and PDFS.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service and how sometimes the extractor page crashes and I must refresh.

I also dislike that the plans are capped pretty stringently. They can offer better pricing to match their competitors in my opinion.

I am scraping real estate listings in order to import to a different platform. I have realized the addition of many different listings from various MLS that would have not been possible.

I have also realized the benefits of beining able to schedule scraping instead of having to manually rescrape the same sites over and over again.

Nathan B.

"Simple and effective for everyday crawling and scraping purposes"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to generate URL lists to crawls from a parent crawler that I can set up visually in import.io’s interface to grab the URI’s of pages I want it to then crawl and scrape recursively. The ability to program import.io visually simplifies a complex process known as “training”, and it allows me to grab only the most relevant information for my output files that I want to then analyze in a data analytics platform.

What do you dislike?

Import.io is not very intuitive when it comes to auto-scraping table formatted text fields off of articles; you’re better off teaching it exactly which pieces of body text, titles, dates, time stamps, etc to grab per page. This can make recursive crawling difficult, and it’s usually at this point that I start scripting in python with the Scrapy framework.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For single page scraping or paginated scraping, import.io is the fastest, easiest to use option as an analyst. For recursive crawling, AJAX scrolling, and multiple web domain scraping in a single session, you will need use a programming language or specialized service.

Import.io helps me solve the problem of gathering data for analysis in a pinch. If the complexity of a sitemap is simple enough, with pagination instead of AJAX, then Import.io makes scraping easy and fast.

Steve J.

"Essential Tool For Data Extraction"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and you can pull all sorts of data from a webpage. I've used it in several different jobs from tracking discounts to RRP and to map out a products life cycle.

What do you dislike?

The pricing has gone up dramatically over the past couple of years. They used to have a free tier which was very useful and provided basic functionality, but they seem to have removed that.

We used to manually pull data from websites via Excel, but this has automated that function

"It's an 'okay' tool, with the worst customer service "

What do you like best?

The user-interface was easy to navigate. A certain website, such as a Forum with multiple pages don't work with the tool, but some websites do.

What do you dislike?

I would advise anyone with looking at this tool to think twice about purchasing and to read their Terms & Conditions very carefully. We tried to close our account ahead of the scheduled relapse date, and Import ignored our calls & messages until the relapse date had passed. When we finally got a hold of Import, their customer service person was not at all compassionate about the situation and refused to refund us the $2k.

With GDPR laws coming into effect, it makes scraping tools like this very difficult to justify.

"Great tool for list collecting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, the desktop application is simple.

What do you dislike?

I did appreciate the website format, I wish the app would have kept a similar layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Import.io is a great tool if you have a list of data on a website that you would like to convert to csv format. It is smart enough to know what data should be captured, and you can also set up manual selections for what to choose.

List generation/gathering. Compiling data on people that work at certain companies.

"Specialized needs for getting info from websites? This is your tool"

What do you like best?

It's fairly user friendly. Takes some getting used to but once you get the basics you can quickly ramp up to more complicated use cases

What do you dislike?

The UI could use some work to make setup more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need data extraction without enginereing this is for you

Wanted to monitor live changes on movements of shipments in transit

"Easy to Use "

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling, robust.txt and it helps easily to extract data from the web

What do you dislike?

Nothing seems to unlikeable here but yes maybe they could promote it in a much better way

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Market it more

Extracting the data through websites and then use it to analyse

CA
Consultant in Automotive

"Using import.io as SaaS web data integration platform"

What do you like best?

Import.io has many features like auto-extraction, reporting, scheduler, online datastore.

What do you dislike?

It is in BETA also we cannot control the scraping process in details. Also it doesn't solve CAPTCHA

Process of automation of mails to large set of people

Agency

"Strange interface but legitimately gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Love that it actually does what it says it will! Most importantly!

What do you dislike?

I find it hard to interact w the interface and wish it was cleaner and more elegant

It is a great time saver!

AI
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Quick and easy data scraping"

What do you like best?

It has an Intuitive interface and powerful tools

What do you dislike?

Very costly and not realistic for small operations

Harvesting vendor contact details from websites

Learning about Import.io?

* We monitor all Import.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.