Fishbowl Reviews & Product Details

Fishbowl Overview

What is Fishbowl?

We help our customers deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. Our software and services focus on Oracle ECM & WebCenter & PTC PDSg.

Fishbowl Details

Showing 6 Fishbowl reviews
Location
Already have Fishbowl?
Brand Manager
What do you like best?

I love that I can call up support and get their help any time of day. They're super nice and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've used it twice on behalf of clients, and it could just be that they were using really primitive templates, or that Fishbowl is really limited. It sounds like they've got some changes in the works but I never saw them. I had to pull monthly email reports and it ended up being a process of pulling 40+ excel files and combining data into one since Fishbowl was breaking the data up into performance by store. I would have much preferred aggregated data for how each email performed by day - not by store! Not useful information, at least for our purposes. And the need for 3 disparate systems was frustrating too: LSM, Offer Manager and the regular Campaigns/Email. For reporting too, I had to hop across all three to get basic level data.

And a major - (at least when I used it last year) is that there's no automated A/B testing. You have to split up groups yourself and check the results the next day and deploy.

Segmenting audiences is easy once you can figure it out - lots of logic (parentheses, brackets, if, then, only, etc.) and after a major SNAFU of an email going out to people more than once, I decided to call support for every segmented send from then on to have them hold my hand and walk me through that my logic was sound! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Think about everything you want to execute. If you have really complex automations and journeys, I'd suggest looking elsewhere - unless they've upgraded their tool at this point to allow for more sophisticated emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
Renewables & Environment
What do you like best?

Calculated landed costing correctly, so we had clarity on full COG. no issues pushing to Shipstation on our fulfillment side for accurately packing orders and adjusting quantities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

frequent application delays, inflexible batch processing (difficult to correct errors). manual integration to QB, so you have to refresh and push data each time you do want new accounting input. basic modules are really limited and some of the more complex things we needed (or even the regular update) was pretty expensive so we were kind of stuck on an old version of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Anticipate needs and other software you use within the company. Basic Modules are super limited unless you pay for more complex add ins. We didn't have much occasion to work with their implementation / sales and engineering team except for a couple minor issues that were not related to upgraded modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Good for mid-sized inventory receiving and fulfillment. Helped with inventory counts and eliminated moderate manual data entry into quickbooks. Warehouse ops will still have to do manual counts and controls on packing and shipping/receiving but did help integrate our systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We consistently used fishbowl to deploy mass market email blasts across regions and timezones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface of fishbowl was fairly easy to understand for a non-tech savvy person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes mistakes were easily made without multiple levels of "are you sure" barriers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
What do you like best?

Great interface, database management, analytics and account reps and customer service team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I would change. Great in every way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Systems Consultant (Compliance AML Analyst)
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Allows entire group to participate in conversations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

N/a I find nothing that I dislike about Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication this way solves misunderstandings and prevents future challenges Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I have only used Fishbowl for the content they deliver. Their Blog and whitepapers are incredibly informative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find any part of Fishbowl I dislike. As stated, the content is great. Also,. the site is easy to navigate and understand. . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If your a marketer, take advantage of all the great, free content. It really is an awesome resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.