Exponent

5.0

Exponent is an application that allow web developers build native apps that work across both iOS and Android by writing them in JavaScript.

Work for Exponent?

Learning about Exponent?

Exponent Reviews

Showing 2 Exponent reviews
Exponent review by User

"Useful tool, has some issues"

What do you like best?

I use Exponent to run React Native apps that I am developing, directly on my device, without need for setting up an emulator. It is really convenient in the development process because it is easy to setup/run, and I don't have to package my React Native app and transfer it, every time I want to test on a physical device. I used to use emulators to test during the development process, but they lag and they're a pain to set up. With Exponent, I just run it, scan a QR code with my device using the Exponent app, and now my React Native app is running on my phone.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I've had when using Exponent are connectivity issues. Sometimes Exponent, running on my phone, wont load the latest changes made in my IDE, and I'll have to close the app and reopen it for it to refresh properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been so useful in our development process. Any of the issues that it does have are overshadowed by its convenience it provides. If you're not using it, I definitely recommend giving it a try.

Testing our React Native apps, directly on physical devices, used to be a tedious process, but Exponent has changed that completely. Exponent has greatly increased efficiency, and saved many hours, in the testing and development process. I would not go back to my previous methods for testing my apps on a physical device.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Exponent
Exponent review by Ken P.
Ken P.

"Powerful SDK for Quick Mobile Development"

What do you like best?

Expo (formerly Exponent) is a mobile development toolchain built around React Native which includes a robust SDK with cross-platform components, build tools, and asset management, all which ultimately facilitates quick development of iOS and Android apps using React and JavaScript. In short: it makes mobile devlopment easier.

What do you dislike?

Adding components from libraries outside of Expo might require detaching or ejecting which complicates maintenance, and is required to support features that the Expo SDK does not include.

Quickly prototyping cross-platform mobile applications for platform extension, which in turn allows management to quickly respond to proof of concepts and proceed with further implementation.

What Mobile Development Platforms solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Exponent for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Visual Studio Logo
Visual Studio
(1,960)
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing console and graphical user interface applications along with Windows Forms or WPF applications, web sites, web applications, and web services.
Xcode Logo
Xcode
Xcode 6 introduces a radically new way to design and build software. Swift is an innovative new programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch and, when combined with Xcode tools, makes programming a delightfully live experience. Live rendering within Interface Builder displays your hand-written UI code within the design canvas, instantly reflecting changes you type in code.
Android Studio Logo
Android Studio
Android Studio is the official IDE for Android application development, based on IntelliJ IDEA. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
OutSystems Logo
OutSystems
The #1 low-code platform for digital transformation - build mobile apps, web portals, mission-critical systems, and more.
Zoho Creator Logo
Zoho Creator
Zoho Creator's DIY builder enables business users to automate their processes with custom applications without help from IT department.
Firebase Logo
Firebase
Create a database remotely, access with javascript
BuildFire Logo
Develop native iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows apps in C#
Adobe AIR Logo
Adobe AIR
3.8
Adobe AIR runtime enables developers to package the same code into native applications and games for Windows and Mac OS desktops and mobile devices
Appcelerator Logo
Appcelerator
3.9
Build great mobile experiences faster. Native apps. Mobile APIs. Real-time analytics. One Platform.

Learning about Exponent?

* We monitor all Exponent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.