OutSystems Reviews & Product Details

OutSystems Overview

What is OutSystems?

OutSystems is the most complete full-stack application development platform. Using high-productivity, connected, and AI-assisted tools, developers can build and deploy a full range of applications — from consumer apps to critical business systems — fast, right, and for the future.

OutSystems Details

OutSystems is a modern application platform, with AI-powered automation across the entire application lifecycle to help you build applications quickly, build them right, and build them for the future.

With OutSystems, you get all of the following in one platform:

1. Full-stack Visual Development: Drag-and-drop UI, business processes, logic, and data models to create full-stack, cross-platform apps. Add your own code when needed. No lock-in ever.

2. Single-click Deployment: Deploy and update apps with 1-click. OutSystems TrueChange™ automatically checks dependencies and handles all deployment processes for you.

3. In-App Feedback: Make your apps better, faster. Users can share voice and written feedback right inside the application, simplifying the whole change management process.

4. Automatic Refactoring: OutSystems analyzes all models and immediately refactors dependencies. Modify a database table and all your queries are updated automatically.

5. Mobile Made Easy: Easily build great looking mobile experiences with offline data synchronization, native device access, and on-device business logic.

6. Architecture that Scales: Combine microservices with deep dependency analysis. Create and change reusable services and applications fast and at scale.

OutSystems

OutSystems Reviews

Showing 399 OutSystems reviews
Already have OutSystems?
Associate Vice President - Technical Remediation Expert
What do you like best?

The speed to build apps, mechanisation which takes all the tiresome parts of developers away, allows you to concentrate on functions that make consumers move I can tell my company users what their app is like within minutes, and within weeks those who can begin and seeing placed and test if it meets business requirements. It's possible for a small team to build a fully developed smartphone application in a few days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little – and it's improving all the time. Another of the problems of developing apps so quickly is that both sciences necessary to design software could indeed stay competitive. I would like more features, because they are often a bottleneck, to motivated to take the tests and documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider carefully if you possess the requisite knowledge before you buy. Outsystems seems to be easy to use and the is suitable for those who have already developed or designed an application. New apps are constantly being adjusted that are better for a business user less skilled in IT, but it could be good to choose a partner to speed up your adventure and offer results more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In just five days, a charity has been helped to fully digitize its business processes and provide a complete customer management solution, a scheduling solution for appointments and a computerized underwriting but also self-reporting solution with payment reconciliation. Management reports, automated reply email alerts and knowledge of past. It allowed them to reduce substantially, allowing their treasured time to help more people and spend on employee actions. They are provided with accurate information to the extent that they are educated better. It helped the company to expand very quickly and to double in size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform employs visual, declarative techniques that make it possible to develop software model-based. The development mainly happens with visual graphical user interfaces, which means that programming involves more configuration with models rather than traditional writing of software code making it a faster way of developing the software.

OutSystems promise easy integration with new technologies, cloud services and back-end systems. While organizations are investing in new and emerging technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Big Data, they must deal with an existing (legacy) IT landscape. OutSystems provide interoperability and easy to integrate systems with built-in connectors and libraries. This can help overcome the integration challenges that organizations are facing.

Application maintenance is much easier, it reduces the maintenance cost by various means. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Defining software requirements takes a comparable amount of time compared to traditional development. The development is more of configuration but sometimes coding is easier than the configuration.

The development with multiple developers, collaboration on the scale as part of an agile team within one application is still challenging and needs to be orchestrated.

OutSystems provide a lot of UI patterns, widgets and screen templates, yet it is relatively difficult to customize the theme compared to traditional web development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping our customer with their day to day challenges, close the gap between business & technology by building B2E (Business-to-Employee) apps, and softwares in the area of customer engagement. Using OutSystems in the digital transformation journey with operational efficiency apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity but yet powerful platform which simplifies not only the developing process but also the deploy. It's a huge time saving. It also has a component free store, which you can use to download community made libraries to help speed up even more your development. There's the service center which you can see applications logs, events and more, it's really well organized. There's also an application called Architecture Dashboard, which analize your flows and make suggestions based on the best pratices, helping the development team to grow up and keep delivering valuable software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well I know that the company has some high costs to make the platform useful for us, but I didn't like so much the pricing range, it's really designed for mid-high companies. I wanted to see it on the small companies aswell as the software startup factories. I think OutSystems has to spend a time to think in a business way for the small companies to jump in! Other point that I can cite is that we do not currently have an Development Studio for Linux, I think the Linux community on TI is huge so should think about an Linux version of it. Currently There's versions for Windows and Mac. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid of the pricing range, if you can afford it, go ahead. You will fall in love with all the things that the platform offers and it will help you to growth your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm delivering high quality and complete software solutions, both, web and mobile. The benefits it's the speed of the development and the way you can customize the platform, you can even write C# code inside it if you want. There's nothing you can't do with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Analyst - Digital Technology Department
What do you like best?

I just started my career as a programmer, and I was very afraid that I was not going to be very helpful for my organization in the beginning. However, thank you to OutSystems's technology, I was able to add value to my company from day one by creating simple apps or modifying the existent ones. Thus, the thing that I like the most in Outsystems is its platform simplicity and the integration data from the service center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the documentation available on the web is not sufficient. It is poor conceive and confusing. Since OutSystems is a premium enterprise, its documentation should be aligned with the company values.

Also, something that I don't like is the web-browser preview (the one that we use to preview how the widget will be aligned in the real browser). My current project is complex, and the feature does not work properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my company (NOVO BANCO) we are using OutSystems, for the first time, to create a more sophisticated solution for the homebuying journey. For an architectural reason, we are only applying the OutSystems' technology in the front end - but in the near future, we are going to use it more holistically.

One of the primary benefits that we achieve by applying OutSystems and agile methodologies was to reduce the time to create value for the company and to monitor the performance of our applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead
What do you like best?

I started with Outsystems in 2011 but due to company's requirement I moved to other technologies and got experience on other tools and technologies like .net, APIs, JS, Salesforce.. but The mix of inbuilt and custom implementation that Outsystems Provide has no match.. I found that Outsystems provide best productivity, less time to market, high product quality, and easy for developers.

So, I am glad to join back Outsystems last year and I am enjoying working on it.

As per my Experience I found Outsystems :

Easy to use.

Give more control over implementation.

Provide Powerful debugging.

Very effective maintenance and bug fixing.

Provide smooth user management which also can be integrated with other AD on some clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Outsystems mostly provide all the features to ease life of business, users and developers.

No tool to check individual action history.

learning curve is very short but community and training can be more Detailed for complex scenarios and with example.

Also there should be some tool where developer can test his action directly.

Other than these I can not find any Negative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very effective tools if you want:

Less time to market.

Product with less bugs.

Product which is easy to maintain and support.

A lot of functionalities are inbuilt in form of Forge.

User management is very good and inbuilt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on an application to maintain/automate vaccine life cycle . Where study related information stored. We are solving multiple automation process using BPT.

Implement very complex logic in very less time and its reduce time to market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I come from traditional developments languages, so when I started using Outsystems I noticed it was easy to understand, before I was very apprehensive because I didn't think it was possible to develop without "hard coding" everything.

What I love the most in OutSystems are the web blocks, I can reuse my code how many times I want without to rewrite it again.

In conclusion, the OutSystems team is doing a great job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Service Studio crashes a few times, but the Outsystems support team is working wonders to solve every problem they find.

It doesn't support a lot of languages that are used today, like java. Many times I want to implement java code that I learned in school or in old projects, I have to create the logic in OutSystems, and some of the times it's not possible to do so.

When I create a ticket on the OutSystems forum it's always resolved very quickly, so continue with the great work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very easy and quick to create an app, to be able to sell a demo to a client and later take that demo and turn it into the final product that the client desires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy for me to create databases, I don't need to write extensive SQL code just to create a database.

Sometimes I want to "hard code" because OutSystems has its limitations, but it can also mean a good thing, were not able to implement code that can affect in a negative way the server.

But what was most imprecive for me was how easy and quick it was to create apps, both web or mobile apps. I created a lot of apps for me to help me manage my day to day, because it's so easy to create and quick apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easy to use Service Studio and Service Center. Service Studio is very user friendly and clear. Service Center is easily accessible and provides a lot of information in one location. The way you can deploy using Lifetime is also a great benefit from OutSystems. If you have the role to do the deploys, you don't need anyone else, you can do it whenever you need a deploy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The stability of the platform is sometimes not so great. The quality of the code of the OutSystems components is not always perfect. There are a lot of warnings in OutSystems modules or modules that don't follow the architecture dashboard best practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you ever need fast development and you don't know if OutSystems might do the job, consider them for giving a proof of concept. That might convince you already to partner up with them. Or you can discover yourself how easy it is to make simple applications using the personal environment. Once you're convinced, there is an army of experienced developers and entire support teams ready to create large and complex applications for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OutSystems allows me to provide my client with more development in a lot less time, so it's cheaper for them in development terms. The application I am making will let my client's customers make easier requests and allow my client to automate certain processes that need human manipulations at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

-Fast programming;

-Easy maintenance;

-Customizable;

Outsystems has helped our company a lot with the ease of programming for training new employees, it becomes much faster, the demand has only increased with the

the implementation of Outsystems. the maintenance of applications is very easy due to the organization and structure of the code within Outsystems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The size of the storage available in the Personal Environment;

I tried to create some apps but the storage size in the personal environment made it impossible for me in some parts of the development.

Even with the limitation in the personal environment, I can connect the amazon database through the outsystems extensions.

The Outsystems team's response is quick and efficient in reporting bugs. the platform is constantly growing and this adds a lot to the reliability of the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outsystems completely changes the way of thinking and programming.

For those who do not know it, it is worth experimenting since with the personal environment you can have a complete experience of what you can do with Outsystems. Mesmo com a simplicidade as possibilidades são infinitas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivery times improved, maintenance became easier and faster, implementation of the database much easier to understand.

Outsystems has also made it possible for the company to increase demand and sale of products as it is a pioneer in implementing Outsystems in the location that is located. With this we offer quality, reliability, flexibility, agility and other qualities that we acquire when migrating to the platform.

We have also managed to improve the quality of customer service that is most satisfied with the products developed by the company at Outsystems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Security Consultant
What do you like best?

I develop much faster the platform is wonderful.

I met wonderful people in the community. I was very happy and my life was transformed, it is wonderful to know that I can count on so many nice people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to disagree with. This is wonderful. I love this platform.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who hate the platform because they think they are going to steal your job and outsystems don't do that, it helps you to learn something new and put efficiency in what you do, so that it takes time to program if you can deliver projects so quickly.

There will always be many haters who will always speak ill of the platform because they do not understand how it works, so it is easier to speak ill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have nothing to recommend, the platform is wonderful. It's perfect.

Get on that rocket right away, the platform is wonderful. Take advantage of this logo. Come on this personal rocket, you are wasting your time in getting knowledge. It is very good to know how to do everything quickly and efficiently.

Take at least the online courses, if you don't have the chance to do a masterclass, but you may have time to make a bootcamp which is a wonderful thing that helps many people who have started their careers now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I developed much faster now, I had a lot of difficulties before.

I was able to build many things quickly with OutSystems. My instructor is a wonderful person too. Rafa Outsystems. And I met many people. The Outsystems community is wonderful, I have nothing to say, everyone helps each other, it's a family. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Consultant
What do you like best?

The best thing about #nxstep 2020 is the new content that will make every customer develop apps faster, consolidate data, and bring money to everyone.

Loved the conversation flow, the energy. Not even talking about the giveaways.

Awesome work!

The Service studio is light and publishing takes less time each version.

OutSystems AI is the best I've seen. Shortens the time to create any app.

I'm eager to see the new content working, how we can improve my apps even further.

In every aspect, it's the best low-code platform ever.

Keep up the good work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Regarding #nxstep 2020, some features are hard to find, even searching for them. One example is this review.

I'm still struggling to understand what else could I be missing.

Regarding the OutSystems platform, there is nothing I dislike. They made it awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See the new pricing, it's better than ever.

It simply makes your work easier.

If you want to build apps for your company or customers, it's the way to go.

Go to www.outsystems.com and experiment yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I'm not a developer, I'm learning in my free time. It's good to have some people helping us learn a bit more, but online courses can take you so far.

It would be great to see the interaction with some larger databases that only the paid version provides.

Also looking forward to creating a reactive component for an app and check it's performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The ability to develop both Web and Mobile applications with ease and with all the integrations and with proper Infrastructure is something great.. and Outsystems provide personal environment which makes it very much easier to look most of the things that Outsystems offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally do not dislike outsystems much. But there are few things based on Front-End animation based development that can be brought up. But yet, most of the pre defined things suits the best for most of the use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outsystems can be preferred when the application is to be developed for both Web and Mobile simultaneously and in a faster pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We Develop Web and Mobile applications while providing Digital Solution.

there have been a lot of additional benefits that we see while developing newer applications, which are the advancement of development by using outsystems components available in Forge which is a repository of Components or plugins that can be used to Make the Development much faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability for us to develop quickly and efficiently in a responsible technology architecture. Within 4 months we had a complete architecture in the Outsystems environment and were able to quickly develop solutions that our C# team would not have been able to do in a timely manner in the same way. Over the last 18 months we have had over 70% of our technology stack transitioned over to the low code platform and replaced almost half of our legacy systems within the low-code environment. We will have no issues transitioning the remaining 30% of our stack over to OutSystems in the next 18 months, allowing for a consolidated UI & data infrastructure for both internal and external users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support team can be so to respond at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Implementation of non-existent User Journey's and optimization of existing ones. The largest problem we have experienced over the last 18 months was the integration with existing CRM's but this was surmounted with concentrated effort early on in our implementation with low cost of maintenance since then. The detailed benefits have included hundreds of hours saved across multiple functional departments and roles, along with providing clients with new user journeys in a way that was not available before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easier to learn if you are already experience with web development. It not only enable faster development but also easier to version control. It not only focus on Web app development but also mobile app developement. OutSystems adopt to new technology. It support process of Post-Production. Platform leverege monitoring feature of request log, error log, general log, and SLOWSQL. You can easier to detect performance bottleneck via LifeTime dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

OutSystems support development from Post-Production, however, platform cost become expensive for small or middle-scale company. It would not become easier to sell it for other new customer of small scale company.

Plus, compared to other product, customer support speed can improve. I believe self-service support become improved for last two or three year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy version control, extensibility with using C# code via integrationstudio, Compared to other development tool, learning cost would be lower. Some of developer only has skill of html, javascript and CSS , but it enable to achieve Associate Web Developer in few month. OutSystems now implement source code checktool called as ArchitectureDashboard, so it automate source code checking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OutSystemes enable legacy-system migration,

Plus, OutSystems has low learning cost compared to other applicaition development. Visual coding makes easier to understand code even they are on different language context before OutSystems.

Plus, it have extensibility with C# code, you can enjoy benefit of speed of developement with lowcode plus customization ability with c#. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Transformation Delivery Lead
What do you like best?

The speed at which apps can be built, the automation that takes all the tedious parts of the developers job away, allowing you to focus on the features that make the users go "Wow!" The fact that I can show my business users within minutes what their app will look like, and within hours they can start to see functions being built and can start testing whether it will meet the business need. The fact that a small team can build a fully fledged business app in a couple of days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little - and it is constantly improving. One of the challenges with being able to develop apps so fast is that the other disciplines that are required for software development cannot keep pace. I'd love to see more features that help automate testing and documentation as they are often the bottleneck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think carefully as to whether you have the right skills inhouse before purchasing. Outsystems is easy to use, but is suited to those who are already skilled in application development or design. New features are being added constantly that are more suited for the less IT skilled business user, but picking a partner may be a good choice to really accelerate your journey and deliver value faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've helped a charity fully digitise their business processes, providing a full client management solution, an appointment scheduling solution and an automated invoicing and self-billing solution, with payment reconciliation, management reporting, automated email notifications and feedback management in just five days. This has enabled them to drastically reduce the time and money spent on admin activities, allowing them to devote their precious time to helping more people. It's given them up to the minute accurate information, which means they make better informed decisions. It has allowed them to grow and double in size very rapidly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consultant (SAP/OutSystems)
What do you like best?

The best I like is the modular approach. You can code the component once and reuse it in any modules you want. If you find a bug or error, you can change the code once and easily fix other modules that is using that component by refreshing all dependencies. Aside from modular approach, I also like the themes and the built-in functionalities that you can readily used when building application especially the components built by the community of developers in the forge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only big companies can use it, maybe because of the price. I hope there is also a free version where the codes generated from OutSystems can be deployed to our own server. One thing I also wanted to have as a feature is the nested table component. Currently we are customizing our own nested table to suit our need. Last thing is the aggregate should be able to use the IN function in SQL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend OutSystems for companies that are looking to deploy business solutions faster and easier. I believe this platform is the future of low-code systems development.

OutSystems has a great community of developers and experts and also lots of learning materials to follow. There is also a wide varieties of certifications that developers and users can take to measure their knowledge and expertise of the OutSystems platform. I also received a free voucher for certifications during pandemic and passed it. Great team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to deploy solutions faster and reuse as much as possible. OutSystems being a low-code platform and being modular, we can easily reuse components and deploy projects faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OutSystems provides lightning fast development with integrations to almost all platforms like SAP etc. It has very unique and better way of consuming and exposing Restful web services which I used.

Deployment of application from one server to another is made very easy OutSystems provides pipelines to enable faster deployment between environments.

Dev-ops is very friendly of OutSystems anyone who has basic knowledge can work on it.

Visual development is very developer friendly that eliminates the need to write long multiple pages of code, so it is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is all cloud based platform that does not allows any of the process to go offline.

the development is also fully dependent on internet we cannot develop any application offline so it is a thing that I particularly dislike.

The preview is also dependent on internet since it is fully cloud based, I dislike this but it is not a disadvantage of this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been developing enterprise application with the help of OutSystems for a big Singapore based client. The development is lightening fast and all king of work can be done here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The speed at which we are able to develop applications from scratch. The ability to implement mobile offline features that comes right out of the box. The work flow feature which is so much easier to implement. and rules can be implemented dynamically. the readily available forget components which gives as the critical library that can be re used to make our application 7x faster.

Apart from all this Outsytems also gives us a personal environment feature that we can utilize for out personal needs to playaround. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

pricing. but I agree that the best tool always comes with a price. can implement mode debugging features such as dynamically changing the values at runtime to yield different results.

Unit testing frameworks can be implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a software that can help your developers to develop industry standard applications at a rapid speed. this is the best software that i

will recommend.There is a learning section available for free and a personal environment to develop applications to practice. and a strong specialization for certification program.This low-code application delivery platform makes it fast and easy to develop applications from small departmental to large complex mission critical. ... As a result, OutSystems enables the rapid, agile and continuous development, delivery and management of all the applications needed to digitize your enterprise. Apart from this it also comes with a analytics tool out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Offline feature for mobile that comes right out of the box. and for web the new introduction of reactive framework have made our development efforts much more easier as it is now so much faster to retrieve the updated data without refreshing the web page which suites our needs.

Integration with external systems is so much easier as the methods and functions defined inside the external systems are easly converted by the platform into out systems usable server actions.

So much easier to integrate to external database such as sql server, oracle, mysql, db2.

The monitoring tools that comes out of the box and reporting of all apps usage and performance.

the readily available Native support for Agile development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista Desenvolvedor de Sistemas Sr
What do you like best?

The absolutely quick way you do the things, it doesn´t matter if it´s a single web page or a complex n-tier application. And, of course, the free environment witch allow us to try, study and check the power of the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of the certifications. But it´s not really necessary to enter in the OutSystems world, learning (there´s have a lots of official great quality content material´s free) or start your journey at OutSystems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OutSystems community is made of passionate guys with full of energy to help each other solving problems or doubts. The free official materials/courses has great quality. The platform is awesome and you can build web and mobile systems really quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Eliminate the 'pain' of having to know dozens of new technologies every now and then

- You don´t need to wait month to see a MVP of a final solution successfully deployed in Production env Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Programmer
What do you like best?

Low-code platform, less programming required. With that, the development team can focus more on a much more important thing such as the process flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To spend more time with the business process flow. Instead of focusing more on the development, the team need to spend most of the time to identify the business flow before start developing the system/application. Then, the team need to spend more time on the story line first, need to meet the business owner to discuss on the exact business process flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are planning the cut down development time, OutSystems is one of the best options to go for. The learning curve is so easy and like after a month, you can develop an application very fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Long developing time. because of the low-code implementation, the development time can be cut down so much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer