ConEmu

4.8

ConEmu-Maximus5 is a Windows console emulator with tabs, which presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable GUI window with various features.

Work for ConEmu?

Learning about ConEmu?

ConEmu Reviews

Showing 9 ConEmu reviews
ConEmu review by Juan D.
Juan D.

"Upgraded terminal client for windows"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have multiple tabs with different shells and terminals in one window. It can run command prompt, PowerShell, and bash terminals and keep it all neat and within reach of the same windows like most browsers which is what people are used to know a days

What do you dislike?

there is not much to dislike. I guess the only thing is that maybe I'm missing out on many other things that this product can do and there is so many ways to customize it and configure it that it can be somewhat hard to understand all of the options

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely suggest you give it a try. You can connect other terminals to it like gitbash and even azzure powershell (have not tried this), and it very easy to use right after install.

We use it mostly for our admins. The main benefit is that we can run our scripts from our windows machines for powershell and gitbash from the same interface and save time

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ConEmu
ConEmu review by Alberto C.
Alberto C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

ConEmu is a free and open-source tabbed terminal emulator for Windows whic has multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable GUI window with tabs and status bar.

What do you dislike?

Everything is good at the moment, what i dislike is somehow this product can be used as well using Mac device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You wont regret using ConEmu and it will help your company to make the job a little bit easier for everyone.

ConEmu is a Windows console emulator with tabs, which by default, the interface is not the prettiest, but that only affects presentation, not functionality.

What Terminal Emulator solution do you use?

ConEmu review by Administrator

"ConEMU: An adaptable command-line interface for windows"

What do you like best?

I love that I can manipulate multiple different console environments simultaneously inside the same program.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. Though I will say that the world of windows based terminals and other such options may soon render conemu unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ConEmu is great if you're coming from OS X or Linux into an all Windows environment. While there are more comprehensive solutions to getting a terminal interface in windows, ConEmu is great because it is free, easy to set up, and compatible with a number of different environments.

We run mostly windows machines here, so with ConEmu we can easily use terminal commands beyond what is possible by piecing it together in the command prompt.

ConEmu review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"Fantastic command line terminal for Windows"

What do you like best?

The ability to split my console into multiple tabs within the same window makes running multiple commands at the same time fantastic.

What do you dislike?

By default, the interface is not the prettiest, but that only affects presentation, not functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better than using the command line on its own. Definitely recommend if you find yourself doing a lot of building of websites or scripting.

ConEmu allows execution of multiple tasks at the same time, which means management of multiple concurrent tasks to occur at the same time.

ConEmu review by Gledson R.
Gledson R.

"Practical"

What do you like best?

Customization

Several terminals on the same screen, divided into tabs

Easy to use

Simple and lightweight

What do you dislike?

I have not yet identified something I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the use of the tool, quite practical, easy to use, help in time management and support work.

The ability to have multiple endpoints on the same screen, helps a lot at work, easy management, does not waste time opening other screens and minimizing one to maximize another. Personalization also helps, we can change the background colors and fonts.

ConEmu review by John W.
John W.

"Easy to manage consoles"

What do you like best?

As a developer, I often have multiple consoles opened. With ConEmu, multiple windows are converted to tabs that are very convenient. It also supports cygwin that I use it daily.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the console will get hang. I don't know whether the CMS or ConEmu cause the hang.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can have one windows with tabs to manage the consoles. Also it has portable version.

Maintain multiple tabs are way easier to windows.

ConEmu review by Consultant

"Best Open source terminal emulator for Windows"

What do you like best?

- If you are coming from linux background and want to work on Windows platform, this tool is for you for using command line interface where you could use major liunx command

- Screencast option is really good

- User interface is too good

- Much better than windows terminal

What do you dislike?

I just loved this tool. Didnt find any issue working with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try once you would just love it!

Using on daily basis for my software works

ConEmu review by User

"Like Guake for Linux but hard to run other terminals in it"

What do you like best?

The interface with multiple tabs is very nice, as is the ability to make the screen translucent so that you can refer to reference pages in the background.

What do you dislike?

The hotkeys are hard to set up and most have been mapped to something else already. So if your PC comes with some built in hotkey commands it's hard to find an available hotkey for minimization/maximization of the screen, for example.

Also, I would like to be able to run different types of terminals (like Anaconda or Git bash) but it's tricky to figure out how to set this up. The support on this topic is not great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a Windows Guake, this is 90% of it.

It gives me something to use while I'm on a Win machine that is a similar experience to Linux.

ConEmu review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Tabbed view for multiple console/terminal type programs"

What do you like best?

I am able to wrap up several windows into one tabbed interface including Console, Power Shell, TeraTerm and Bash (in Windows 10).

It has many features that come in handy, I can't claim to have used them all.

The tool is also actively maintained.

What do you dislike?

The wrapping of TeraTerm isn't quite as smooth as I'd like since I have an extra step to get to the menu, but it's a small inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you open multiple terminals in Windows, I highly recommend using this tool.

I am able to keep an uncluttered and organized environment for my projects.

Learning about ConEmu?

* We monitor all ConEmu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.