Church Windows Reviews & Product Details

What is Church Windows?

Church Windows software is a church management solution that provides a way to track the church congregations, its happenings and its giving.

Church Windows Profile Details

Church Windows Reviews

1-10 of 10 total Church Windows reviews
Business Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Unfortunate requirement of my job."

What do you like best?

Phone support, as they call back promptly.

What do you dislike?

I am required to use this program. This is one of the most convoluted, non-user friendly, tiresome, irritating, program I have ever had t o use. I have worked both in the private industry and the US government using a lot of different software. Example, if you or a past employee enters a "visitor" to your church, it will stay in the system FOREVER; there is not way to ever delete a name and address. Our church is in a high tourist area..names added in 1998 for one summer can never be deleted. Next, different sections for Member and Visitors...if you are seeking information on one name you have to go in and out of two different screens and sections of the program to verify and/or to find them!. Okey, now let's go to donations. If a past employee went crazy entering different donation codes....good luck attempting to make it more usable. You will be required to wade thru outdated no longer used codes moving them around in order to record a $5.00 donation. At year end good luck with the donation letters. If you accidently use the wrong setup, one family may have a document a big as our town's phonebook! I use Church Windows because I have tol

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With past experience choosing, purchasing, and creating a membership database, I would suggest there are several very good programs that are easier to use, both in membership and donations, a good software package for a non-profit does not have to have the word "church" in its name. Church Windows is attempting to update their program; I have great hopes it will be completed before my retirement!

Membership and donaiton entry

"Very affordable, not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

This software does provide everything needed to track members attendance and donations. But it can be a little clunky on the back end and requires a lot of education for new staff. It is not intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish this were a more "user friendly" program so that we could authorize more staff to make edits and use the software. As it is now, we need to have one or two people who are designated to make edits because of the multitude of little database specifics involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend shopping around unless you are a very small church in need of cheap software. You will spend more time with this software as your organization grows, and their are more user-friendly programs out there.

This does track our members and donations just fine! I wish that it were easier to use

Pastor
Religious Institutions

"Church Widnows Falls Short"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Church Windows provides a place where all the church records and trends can be kept together, which makes it easy to search for specific things, like attendance within past year for the purposes of voting privledge.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the interface is rather complicated. I have managed it but my staff have difficulties as they haven't grown up in the computer age. It's very difficult for them to navigate this software, which requires more work on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it, but only to people who know computers and understand basic operating systems. It's not a difficult system once you get the hang of it, but if you don't understand computer basics, it's not for you.

Organization. In churches, organization is a huge obstacle. Using this program has helped eliminate some of the frustrations surrounding the loss of information.

UR

"Some things are okay, but it's not intuitive and seems outdated."

What do you like best?

the search feature for finding a member/visitor

What do you dislike?

Data mining processes are not intuitive. It's difficult to remember all the steps I took to achieve the report I was hoping for. And then when I try again next time, I can't remember. "how did I do that last time?" VERY frustrating. I've worked with IRL sales data, and while the information and analytics of that are more complicated, the process to get to the data was so simple. I also don't understand why things don't autopopulate. Examle: when a church member dies, I must mark them "dead" in three different places. It would be much easier to mark it in one place and the software do the rest. Another hitch in the success of Church Windows at our office is that it resides on our "cloud", VOS ... Virtual Office Systems. As a result, it is super slow. Although we were told they work together, Church Windows runs MUCH faster outside of VOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure if there is anything better. I recommend using it from your harddrive rather than via cloud. At least, don't use it if you currently use VOS!

this is where we keep all of our membership data. Benefits--some reports aren't difficult to pull, so I guess that's a benefit.

"The best software for churches."

What do you like best?

I work mostly on accounts and I love the Flexibility. You can change entries, work in a current month without closing out the prior month and I find it user friendly. You can do so much with the Church Windows software. It is a great way to keep track of membership and visitors. Keep track of offering and printing reports are pretty easy to do

What do you dislike?

The customization of this software so that it meets your specific needs is poor. Sometimes Church Windows can be very slow and this really pisses me off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Church Windows is a good general record keeping software for a church.

management of members and managing funds

Operations Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent Software"

What do you like best?

Great software which can be used for both accounting software and directory. You can store names, addresses, as well as photos you can print detailed list of donations for parishner. Easy to set-up and provides excellent customer service. I also like the quick tasks option.

What do you dislike?

Always run into problems when updating to the newest version of church plus having to reconnect the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They should try the product

Started using church plus for accounting purposes and realize it was great storing addresses of our church members and photos.

UR

"Good Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Once you understand the system it is easy to maneuver. There IT department is great with handling any questions you may have. You can also find many videos on their sight to help you do your own troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn the system and can be hard for people who are not computer savvy.

Has all the software a small church needs in one place.

Priest in Charge
Religious Institutions

"Church Database"

What do you like best?

It is a centralized place to store all information about parishioners

What do you dislike?

Its email software sends emails one at a time which can be cumbersome when emailing a large group of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would think about a cloud based software.

Communications and Finance

"Review of Church Windows software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Does everything I need in one package--accounting, contributions and membership.

What do you dislike?

All modules do not work exactly the same way. Updates are needed on the accounting module.

Tracking membership, preparing financial statements, recording contributions

AR

"CHURCH WINDOWS MAKES WORK FUN"

What do you like best?

I like the entire setup for entering new member information, donations, & accounting.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Church Windows at this moment!

Donation Installations

7.1
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.8*
* Church Management Category
Do you work for Church Windows?