BitNinja Reviews & Product Details

BitNinja Overview

What is BitNinja?

BitNinja is an easy-to-use server security tool, which can be installed on your server within a couple of minutes and requires virtually no maintenance. It is a mixture of an on-premise and cloudbased solution. It is an agent which sits on your infrastructure and sends the attack information to the central server which is in the cloud. We have a new technology called defence network, which means that every BitNinja protected server learns from each attack and shares the learned information with the central server and with all the other BitNinja enabled servers, so the shield just gets stronger and stronger with every single attack.

BitNinja Details

BitNinja is an easy-to-use server security tool, which can be installed on any server within a couple of minutes and requires virtually no maintenance.

BitNinja Ltd.
2014
Debrecen
@bitninjaio

BitNinja Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BitNinja community
Have you used BitNinja before?

BitNinja Reviews

Showing 16 BitNinja reviews
Already have BitNinja?
What do you like best?

Firewalls are a primary line of defense for networked environments. With multiple modules Bitninja offers the best defense currently on the market. BitNinja fights against hackers, botnets, attackers, and malicious activities. It is supported on all modern Linux distributions like:

CentOS

RedHat

CloudLinux

Debian

Debian

Ubuntu

It is compatible with most of the other 3rd party softwares like CSF, maldet, mod_sec, fail2ban, etc.

Easy to install, and to configure, you are up and running in a couple of minutes.

Provides support and understandable documentation. The help you to find the best solution for your needs. Continuous Development.

New, and complex rule sets used, each of them is tested so low level(almost none) of false positives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If multiple servers are installed with the same user account, it is a bit tricky to customize blocked IPs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend for you to try it out, it offers free trial. You wont regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it mainly for protecting web applications, scanning for malware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Laszlo Takacs of BitNinja

Hi Orlando,

Thank you for your kind words!

AI
What do you like best?

I have start to use this service 5 days ago when I realized that the situation of cyber attacks that my server received every day was going out of the control.

So I have desided to try BitNinja for fix this bad situation.

Before use this service, I recived on websites of my customers about 200 spam comments every day. about 1000 attempts of login every day. So this situation became every day more worse.

Now with BitNinja I recive not more of 3 or 4 spam comments per day, for now 0 (this is a fantastic result) attempts of login to wordpress or other types of customers' websites.

This service protect my server, and I have had mode to see this from logs files, against brute force attacks, ssh attacks, port scanning and more other events.

With bitninja I continue to use my external firewall, one internal network firewall and fail2ban for keep my security level always elevate.

One big difference from this service and the other ones that I have tried is that this service don't use a lot of resources, keep the server always speed.

It is very simple to monitor all situation in a unified dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For now I have noted that for the first 3 or 4 hours the server became very slow and bitninja used a lot of resources (expecially hard drive and CPU) for scan all server informations and all logs content. This event is well explain on their documentation.

But when this time is past the server return to normal function state Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have resolve DDOS attacks, login attempts, port scanning, brute force and spam comments and emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fundador
What do you like best?

It's easy to use, even for people who have basic knowledge on server security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't know it was real until this year. I had some problems because I need to move servers but it was my mistake and the team was readily available to fix my mistakes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, the product is amazing and the support is equally amazing.

It ends up doing much more for you and for your server than advertised. It's a all in one deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am free of server attacks, it's a kind of monitoring for my server, it even helps with my mail reputation because it catches accounts sending spam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the product is simple to install and maintain. Their support is quick to assist, make suggestions and respond to queries. Their interaction with me as a client is great, they ask input on what features we would like to see, so they can focus development on what is important to us as a customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the product is phenomenal. I suppose only small irritation is no pay now option on their billing system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate, do the installation and experience it first hand. Every second you are delaying the install means your servers are exposed. You will love the product and the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solved distributing blacklists to all our servers immediately. Blocking of countries hitting our servers. Detecting and blocking port scans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Laszlo Takacs of BitNinja

Hi Warwick,

We are pretty glad to see that we are beyond your expectations! We promise, it will stay this way!

What do you like best?

They made very good software. We have been using BitNinja for several months and we are very satisfied. We tested for a long time before making the software available on production servers. The tests were successful, so we implemented the software on all production servers. Average server load dropped by 15 - 20% and it is more regular without peaks. We have noticed a significant reduction in the amount of spam on our servers, and the problem of website infections has been reduced from 10 per week to 2-3 per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, everything works ok. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to BitNinja, we have significantly increased the security of our clients' websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bitninja is very easy to install and it stay update.

When we needed support, they were very kindful, showing that knows the product.

I really recommend Bitninja. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What we would like in Bitninja, an API that could be possible to interact with others system ans language, especially PHP.

I suppose that they are developping and will release as soon as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system to help you against viruses, malware, phishing sites etc., i recommend Bitninja as your first choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bitninja help us combat the viruses, especially e-mail viruses, malware, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Laszlo Takacs of BitNinja

Hi Gustavo,

It seems like we have reached our goal to make BitNinja easy to install and to use. As of the API, we are developing it to make it more accessible and easy to use.

What do you like best?

How easy it was to install on my servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all I love this program nothing to dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keep my servers protected Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We found in BitNinja a powerful firewall solution with excellent added value. We consider BitNinja the firewall's waze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is not 24x7, yet they are agile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Firewall management, reduced exploitation of WORDPress CMS and also the reduction of problems with unnecessary locks caused by other solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President/CEO
What do you like best?

We love using BitNinja as a web application firewall (WAF) that doesn't take over your DNS like Cloudflare. The company is very communicative and the tools are great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we dislike about BitNinja. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are great to communicate with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love Bitninja. It does what it says it does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bitninja was one of the easiest setups ever, with one simple command i was up and running. The customer service was excellent, they promptly responded to my questions and provided excellent guidance on the platform. It is also really cost effective with so many good features being offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far so good, i havent any problems that i can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am at ease knowing that the folks at Bitninja have my back when it comes to the security of my servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The WAF is working in a good manner.

The Malware scanner is also working greatly.

Great documentation and support and they also respond promptly.

It is also easy to install and configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe just some issues when changing servers from one user to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great support and software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Just install and you are already protecting the server. Very easy to use and excellent tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, everything is an advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease and simplicity to protect a server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have easily solved many security problems on my server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Laszlo Takacs of BitNinja

When a dream comes true, there is nothing you would dislike. We hope we can make sure it will stay this way.

You can always count on our Ninjastic Team!

AC
What do you like best?

You feel secure, and have an excel.lent suport Service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing until now. My experience with Bitninja has been great until now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to install, easy to manage. high level of security Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically, we are blocking thousands of attacks on our server. We configured honeypots and several other service coming with Bininja, and so far, it's working really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Specialist
What do you like best?

It require almost no modification in your current software and infrastructure, very little impact on performance during normal operation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Blacklisting and whitelisting contro panel could be more flexible, system load goes up quickly when site is under attack Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very effective as IPS but does not replace a antivirus solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protecting some legacy, not upgradable and otherwise very vulnerable sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I've been using bitninja for a while then decided to switch servers but it ran into some issues, the staff worked tirelessly to help me fix it and it was resolved very quickly, the modules are perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything i am disliking about bitninja, it secures my server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very unique product in the market, i would recommend everyone to try it out, it will help you secure your server if you can't manage it on your own and you will have to worry only about server updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bitninja has resolved without me needing to use free web application firewall rules and set up csf firewall on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Bitninja helps to assist in the security of our own web developmental program and acts as a safety for when potential data breach, systematic errors occur or, general issues arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to navagate sometimes and could use some stepping up for sure, but has the potential to grow with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Figuring out problem solving skills and as our company grows, the amount of people using our services does too and our server is learning how to adapt to the growing numbers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.