Asset Bank

Use Asset Bank's Digital Asset Management Software to create a fully searchable, categorised library of all your digital assets, from images to videos to simple documents. Safely manage and share your assets with colleagues and partners all over the world.

Work for Asset Bank?

Learning about Asset Bank?

Asset Bank Reviews

Ask Asset Bank a Question
Showing 37 Asset Bank reviews
Beth M.

"Beautiful and Highly Intuitive Interface"

What do you like best?

This platform is the perfect combination of function and form. It's beautiful and very easy to navigate through. There are ways to customize everything on the backend so it does get technical, but it's not overwhelming to understand. The pricing structure is very affordable, too, if you're searching for something beyond a basic DAM that works really hard.

What do you dislike?

The initial process of thinking about how we work so that we could configure AssetBank perfectly to our process took awhile, so only because I am impatient, that was a small burden. But you really have to put that upfront work into it, or anything really, to be successful.

We were trying to organize our photography assets. We're a small in-house group that produces over 200 shoots a year. Trying to curate the right assets for various web and print projects was taking hours! Our team needed to be more efficient. Also, we needed a fast way to upload and tag images and AssetBank had the best process for that task. AssetBank also provides advanced downloading capabilities so that users can download and crop images to preset sizes.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Asset Bank
Patricia S.

"The solution we were looking for!"

What do you like best?

Asset Bank is the archiving solution of our dreams, with a customer service team to match. It is helping our organization pull together a variety of disparate databases cobbled together over the course of years—finally uniting our files in one central location with intuitive searching and a beautiful user-friendly interface. The customization options are seemingly limitless to fit every possible application of what is already a fantastic platform.

But it's the support of the Asset Bank team that puts it over the top. At every turn in the process, the answer was “yes, we can do that” or “we will figure out how to make it happen.” Training that could have been boring was to-the-point and customized for our needs. Throughout the consultancy process, the Asset Bank team consistently transformed what seemed insurmountable challenges into conquerable bite-size chunks.

What do you dislike?

If there's anything to dislike about this incredible DAM, it's that it makes so many things possible you can dream bigger than you ever dared to before about the humble, yet essential task of file management. Work through the process as slowly as you want, knowing the Asset Bank team will not pressure you in any way. Unlike other companies eager to close the deal and get your setup off their plate as quickly as possible, Asset Bank took the time to make sure we got it right the first time and helped us find functionality to fit our specific requests. The only thing you have to worry about is articulating what you need. Whatever it is, they will make it happen!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a new DAM, don't hesitate! Asset Bank is the one you are looking for. Easily one of the best decisions we have made, and they will work with you to make sure it fits your needs and budget.

After years trying to work with systems not suited to meet the demands we were placing on them, Asset Bank brought together all the functionality we were looking for in a platform to archive our documents, photos, and dozens of other file types generated from 30 years of being in business. It was intimidating to start the search for a new DAM, but Asset Bank jumped off the list as the clear front-runner, and proved the best even after rigorous comparison with competitors. We are looking forward to saving time and frustration locating our files and collaborating on them across our various teams here in the office, and even internationally.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Harry D.

"Top Class"

What do you like best?

Asset Bank offer a hands on customer experience and are there to help you achieve your desired outcomes from within their system. There is a surprising amount of personalisation too!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have not found any issues with them or their system. If there is something that the system can't do, they try and find a way to make it happen and work for you!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you are not sure they are the best option, ask them the question. We have found them to be accommodating and exploratory in their approach.

We have been able to do far more through Asset Bank than our previous solution.

Kenn R.

"Fast and reliable."

What do you like best?

Most all of the content on the app is maintainable by the admin. Multi-lingual support is also an important feature. The search features are very extensive and are even adjustable via the Administrative interface. The automatic creation of thumbnail images is also a nice feature. This saves lot of time by not having to create and upload multiple image sizes.

What do you dislike?

No global support. European workday hours only. An online ticket tracking system would also be helpful to be able to track open issues and past resolutions. Currently, I have to look back through my email to find answers to past questions. It is also a bit of an issue that I don't have access to some of the settings which are located in a file within the file structure of the site. When you go with the hosted solution, this access isn't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A fully-hosted option is available. This is really nice so you don't need to worry about having the infrastructure to host internally. Support is responsive within the business hours of the UK.

Sending a quick link to a lightbox with all of our new product assets in once place has saved time and allows us to update the content without having to send subsequent emails. We can keep all of the assets up to date and current and not involve our customers in any version control issues. They always see the latest product assets is the lightbox.

Ahmad A.

"Building the Future"

What do you like best?

- I like the look and feel and the way all my data is now,

- Very simple to find my data,

- I don't like to open high resolution pictures from my computer because it will become slow, So I upload them to asset bank then I look at all of them,

- Safe place to share files.

- Organise my history data that I have since 1950

- Share data between our vendors.

- I can add adobe files to Asset Bank Such as Adobe illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Also I can preview this files in Asset Bank without download them, and I can make resize for this files to be as small image that I can share it through E-mail.

- Resize Any file.

What do you dislike?

- I need this programme to be like Facebook once I add picture of group people I already add some picture like that before or I already add one person from this picture before, Asset Bank should recognise who the person in the picture.

- Search I wish if there is a tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Create Your plan for archiving before you start with uploading, such as category, folder names, date,

- Create guideline for every step before you start uploading you data.

- Create User policy.

Share folders online,

Have access to all my data anywhere secure,

Organise my history data that I have since 1950

Stewart H.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

Visually so many ways to personalize how the system looks to match your company. The multiple upload and batch editing of assets. The user level access, which was very important for the firm I work for (JHA LLP). Having the ability to not only store paper documents, but also pictures, and video, it really is a complete one stop option.

What do you dislike?

Not really found anything that would count here so far.

The uploading and storing of vast paperwork generated over a course of a few years in business, and been able to have a really file structure that is easy to follow and also easy to administrate, via the user access levels. So sensitive material is only available to those that need to view it. As the Admin user on the system, this has been a very easy option to work through from my side.

Donna N.

"Asset Bank saves time and storage space"

What do you like best?

The ability to download photos in the formats you’ve configured saves storage space and time. This allows us to share photos with others and only give them access to certain formats so they don’t necessarily get the original size image. We also like the ability to share lightboxes. We can share photos in the formats we have preconfigured and allow it to expire so we don't have to worry about removing their access.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to hide the attributes that aren't needed by some groups we have using Asset Bank. We are slowly adding more users throughout our Department so we are hoping to eventually have the ability to create more searches and hide the main searches that contain all attributes. It's overwhelming for some groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a product that's easy to use and administer. It provides all the needed tools for security, ease of accessing photos and even workflow for adding photos. I recommend this product for anyone that has a larger volume of images they need to store and find quickly. We've also had great luck with support and they release upgrades on a regular basis. They are now heading in the mobile direction as well.

We needed a place to store our photos where we could easily access them and not pay the storage costs for the original photo, a web version and other formats. We needed the ability to allow the public to access and search some photos at times but also remove that access when appropriate. Asset Bank allows us to all of this.

Colin R.

"Asset Bank Review"

What do you like best?

There are 3 things I like best.

1. Design and ease of use. Where a lot of asset management systems are like using a server folder structure, Asset Bank is elegantly designed and easy to use, especially for right brained people. Such a simple touch makes adoption and use that much easier.

2. Stable. Asset Bank is a very stable platform, and I have been running instances of Asset Bank for over 8 years with minimal issues, usually server based, not software based issues occur

3. Support. The support you get from their team is unparalleled and this is crucial when you are running any software.

What do you dislike?

What I have disliked in the past with Asset Bank is that they sometimes offer features slightly later than other solutions.

This delay is mitigated by how stable the software is running comparatively with very few hiccups encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a myriad of choices available for considering a DAM solution, I would recommend that anyone looking look hard at how stable their solution is, and what support you will receive on running the project. When trying to get a project off the ground and users are waiting for a simple tech solution, the brand of the project comes into play, which can lead to the project going sideways.

As a VAR the problem we solve is how to get large groups of people organized and aligned in their asset use.

The benefits that a client sees once they have Asset Bank up and running are enormous. There is a high user adoption to Asset Bank from it's ease of use which leads to successful projects, and with new features coming out 2-3 times a year, it is always peaking the interest of the users and admins for making their lives easier.

Michael M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

From the user's perspective it is a very simple and intuitive application. Little, if any, training is required and in the 3 years we have been using Asset Bank I've yet to hear any sort of criticism of it from users.

The Support Desk is knowledgeable and responsive, usually required to assist the administrators rather than dealing with an application malfunction. Annual upgrades always add value making Asset Bank even slicker.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. The application and it's support team perform very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering a DAM application we assembled a non-technical group of potential users (with an IT representative riding shotgun) to assess different options. Asset Bank was the clear winner for ease of front end use - which of course is the most important consideration.

Our previous "library" consisted of hundreds of image files stored by project site on a server. If a photo of a particular process or activity was required then we would have to rely on memory to locate any relevant files and send them off to the user for approval or rejection. Tedious, time-consuming and not always successful. With Asset Bank the user can make their own selections precisely as required thus saving time for themselves and the "administrators".

AE
Administrator in Education Management

"Customised categorisation for all your photos (or documents)"

What do you like best?

The customer service is fantastic, the way I can add categories that are mine, and that suit our business's needs is invaluable.

It means we can employ photographers, give them the access to upload and tag, and categorise images. Then members of of marketing or online development teams can easily search through and pick the best most relevant photos quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a pain that it's written in Java (I'm a PHP person though!). Having said that, whenever I've had a problem I simple call up Customer Support, and they can log in via Team Viewer and help me through it.

Asset Bank allows us to have one place where all of our good quality photographs are stored. We categorise them in a very specific manner, which means we are able to quickly and easily find the best images when it comes to compiling a new prospectus, or website.

From a day to day point of view our website content editors can use Asset Bank like a Google Image Search directory, but with the knowledge that we own all the copyright for the images in the directory.

Kathy D.

"Easy to administer"

What do you like best?

Easy to add images and tag to help people find it. With people based around the world this is an ideal way to share images that support our brand. You also benefit from continual improvements to the system without having to sign up for extras.

What do you dislike?

There is plenty of online help but I also like a complete manual that I can print out and read offline. It would be great to have advice about how to buy images that can be shared in the library without infringing licence agreements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at some of the case studies.

Enabling all employees to access images that support our brand.

AL
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Digital Resource Specialist"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for staff, students, and volunteers is what makes our image collection a valuable resource for our organization - Asset Bank makes this possible. In 6 years, we've grown it to include images for use across the organization.

What do you dislike?

Our organization is image-heavy; as a public display garden, we are adding about 40,000 images annually to our Asset Bank. Staying on top of maintenance can be challenging, with numbers like that. Investment in a full time admin has been key, as well as training a team of volunteers who are committed to the effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's pretty, and easy to set up and use!

Our exploration began 7 years ago, when it became apparent that we needed a central repository for images. Relying on staff to be available to find, share and add information to images for various uses (especially for Marketing) became unsustainable. An 18 month long process involving stakeholders from each department, with needs analysis and review of various options was integral to solving this problem. Hiring a full time librarian dedicated to this system, responsible for the system, as well as all image requests for the organization, has improved our organization's agility to quickly respond to image requests, internal and external.

AI
Administrator in International Affairs

"Comprehensive digital asset management tool"

What do you like best?

Asset Bank is a powerful tool capable of managing very large collections of assets. They have thought of nearly everything and do a pretty good job issuing useful upgrades on a regular basis. The support team is responsive and excellent in listening to user needs

What do you dislike?

Because it is a powerful tool the learning curve in the beginning is high and configuration can be complicated. Over the years a good knowledge base has been developed but I often have to contact support with specific questions anyway. Some customizations I've requested (paid additional development time for) ought to be standard, in my opinion. Many useful add-ons cost extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in consultancy time in the beginning to get a complete understanding of all the features available.

Providing internal users to access library of photographs for use in online and offline products.

Providing an easy way to create slideshow photo stories that can be easily embedded into our website.

Providing external users access to download photographs from the meetings they have attended.

Benefits: Saves me time!

AD
Agency in Design

"Great software and service"

What do you like best?

The extreme great service provided buy the consultants at Asset Bank (specially Chris Gibbs).

The quick and great service, always helpful, dynamic and extremely profesional.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! We were pleased with both the product and service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No doubt!

We implemented Asset Bank for one of your clients 5 years ago. This year we revamped the site with Asset Bank latest release and we restructured the site. The help from Asset Bank during migration was KEY!

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"User friendly DAM"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, excellent 'Help for this page' functionality. Search is very powerful and the navigation and filters are simple and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The base level of 'Logged in users' - would be great to have more customisable users rather than folders. Having 'Public' and 'Logged in' doesn't seem necessary when you want to make groups from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Assess your permissions structure and consider whether it would be better by images or individuals.

Storage, retrieval and distribution have all had huge improvements in efficiency. Being able to find the right image, with the appropriate usage terms is crucial.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Asset bank easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the publishing and API feature which I use all the time, and also how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

sometimes there can be too many steps to uploading images

This is great for us because we are able to add one image to asset bank and publish it to multiple locations like the website and our printers.

AC

"User-friendly and robust cloud-based digital asset manager"

What do you like best?

Assetbank is a simple yet powerful cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) system. It offers:

- Incredible organizational functions

- Cross team sharing and collaboration via workflow settings

- Detailed and robust access control for multiple users with varying needs

- Clean user interface that responsive for multiple devices

- Cool automated image recognition tagging and keywords

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here...

We'd love to be able to customize the branding directly ourselves?

We have multiple departments with multiple external and internal clients and we've been able to share and collaborate and set approval workflows across digital assets that are owned by the state without having redundant processes of uploading/downloading etc.

Camilla H.

"Asset Bank is fantastic software for Visual Asset Management"

What do you like best?

Asset Bank is very easy to use. I am not all that technically minded but I have been able to adapt the software to the needs of the business easily. When I can't figure something out Bright has a great helpdesk that always help me sort the issue out quickly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a whole heap to dislike! We have found Asset Bank the best solution for DAM for our business.

The company I work for has divisions all over the world. Asset Bank has helped us share visual assets easily across the divisions.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Comprehensive asset management tool"

What do you like best?

Service really appreciates the importance of tagging as part of asset management, as well as giving sufficient security measures (such as logins, watermarks) to ensure images are used in the right way by the appropriate stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

The site seems to be built on older web architecture rather than the dynamic, responsive HTML5/CSS/PHP features so frequent page reloads are required etc. Also, there is inflexibility in how to view images when browsing, especially missing the ability to navigate through images whilst enlarged (akin to a slideshow).

Speed as a team is increased in finding relevant imagery for a project plus use is appropriately restricted so as to ensure brand protection.

"Great asset management tool, excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the interface is very impressive, allowing customising and branding of the system. In addition, the customer service is a stand-out, with questions and support tickets answered very quickly and expertly.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to fault about this product.

We are using the tool to manage 20k+ photographs, for internal and external users. It allows us to search our archive and access content which was previously inaccessible in multiple folders in many places, ensuring that we get the maximum benefit from our photographic archive.

It also allows us to share assets with the media and other selected third parties, so they can 'self-serve'.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Asset Bank has been invaluable in managing and quickly finding images"

What do you like best?

Asset Bank's ease of use is the main part. Teams outside of main universities web team can upload and download images without the web team having to guide them through the process

What do you dislike?

Model Release forms can be difficult to administer.

Our old product for storing images was woefully inadequate so much so that we resorted to storing all images on one persons machine. Of course if this person was not around when we needed images we needed to hunt through expensive stock imagery sites.

Asset Bank has completely streamlined the process of searching for images We would be lost without it now.

Administrator in Machinery

"A lot of happy sales people"

What do you like best?

The system has a great user interface, which makes it easy to use.

The search function is fantastic, and very intuitive

What do you dislike?

The fact that subfolders cannot have different access rights from their root folder.

With sales people spread all over the world, keeping them up to date with the latest sales tools (literature, videos, marketing campaigns, etc.) was becoming extremely difficult. All marketing materials were stored on an internal server which was becoming hard to manage.

By implementing Asset Bank, we have been able to put all our sales tools in one, easily accessible place

Susan B.

"A great product for digital asset management"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and constantly being improved upon. I also like that the support team is friendly, responsive and dedicated to making sure that the product is well functioning and well-suited for the customer's needs.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Asset Bank.

I resolved being able to label, store and distribute over 20,000 high-resoluton images. The collection is growing constantly and our users are all over the world. I do not have staff working for me so I need users to be able to interact with the tool directly to access images. I also have photographers label and upload images independently.

Lucinda P.

"Our partnership with Asset Bank"

What do you like best?

A number of different stakeholders needs to use the system for a number of different reasons and they all find it incredibly easy to navigate and find the information they need.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes, but wish I could assign more time to understand the system fully as I know it has much more capabilities than we are currently using it for.

Asset storage, management and control

Agency

"Simple to use yet powerful Digital Asset Management system..."

What do you like best?

Simply intuitive interface coupled with powerful yet not intimidating administrative functions make this an ideal software to support asset management in the packaging industry

What do you dislike?

generally very responsive - occasionally unable to oblige with development/change requests

Supplying asset management services to clients

AA
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Very helpful!"

What do you like best?

Being able to search and find assets quickly and that it is a web browser based system so accessible from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

The setting up process and importing content can take a while!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you fully understand what your user requirements are before you get started as this will help ensure you set up the system in the most effective way!

Trying to make assets available over two office locations. Maintaining a central location helps people to access the most up to date and relevant information easily.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very good experience "

What do you like best?

I have been working with Asset Bank for the past 10 months and I am very happy with the work the supply. The team is helpful and respond to the queries and doubts in a very fast and effective way. The digital platform they use is customizable and was able to attend all our design standards and requirements. Also, I have never experienced any problems with their server which is always up and running.

What do you dislike?

Although the digital platform they use to answer emailed queries is not very intuitive the team is very helpful.

Development of an asset bank with images, ads, literature and guidelines. We worked together in order to devise content, sections and control panels.

Administrator in Medical Devices

"Our users are pleased and I am ecstatic that we adopted AB"

What do you like best?

The easy to use admin features, the responsiveness and friendliness of the support team at Bright Interactive, the user interface that makes my job easier.

What do you dislike?

The distance between them and us means a 9-hour difference in time zones, which slows down responses to questions. There are a few features that are not as helpful as I'd like.

Brand consistency, self-service for my internal clients

AD
Administrator in Design

"Wonderful"

What do you like best?

The relative ease of customization and customer service in that regard

What do you dislike?

The only I dislike is having to learn how to work on the interface; but that's an easy issue to handle because of all the great documentation.

Trying to manage images across several locations of business units. This application will provide a uniform experience across the company.

Bradley J.

"Excellent digital asset management system"

What do you like best?

Clean crisp interface. Easy to use and powerful search. Support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - all good. Very pleased with the service.

One central place to store photos - saves us money and time.

User in International Trade and Development

"A great service"

What do you like best?

Simple and effective - it's a really useful tool. Great for managing images. They are also really quick if you have any problems - definitely worthwhile.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about this - it's a really useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Totally worth it.

It's great for sending out images - great for PR. It keeps us more organised. The search tool is really useful as well.

AF
Administrator in Financial Services

"First time user & admin"

What do you like best?

How well the site can be customised/branded

What do you dislike?

The setup/under the hood type updates to folders/users/categories could be simpler

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to the Asset Bank team, they have some great suggestions on how to get the most from your product

Storage and distribution of large photography and video files. Benefits include freed up local storage space and high level reporting.

User in Machinery

"Great Resource Library"

What do you like best?

Everything all in one place, makes finding info very easy

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything negative to say about Asset Bank at the moment as I have only been using it for a few months

Recommendations to others considering the product:

makes finding info easy

Getting the correct info to my customers without a lengthy trawl through various data banks

AI
Administrator in Investment Management

"Bright Interactive Support Experience"

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable support staff.

Most evident in the support provided by Rob - always professional and very quick to understand query / requirements.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to have support for non-UK timezones (apologies if there is already a separate contract offering for this!)

Cataloging images for quick retrieval

Hannah S.

"Aviva Asset Bank"

What do you like best?

Everyone who worked on the project to get it off the ground was fantastic, they were so helpful and accomodating

What do you dislike?

I didnt like the Ticketing process, I would rather email a perosn direct rather than a ticket

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I cant reccomend Asset Bank enough, it is a very intuative tool supported by great staff.

Hosting our brand assets and been able to edit the site ourself.

Agency in Higher Education

"Fantastic customisable asset management solution"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to work collaboratively with assets. I also like how features can result be turned on or off depending on how the system will be used.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about the product. My complaints have more to do with how the meta data is entered incorrectly by the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think long term, think creatively, think work flow.

Prior we had decentralized assets that could not be found. We improved work flow inefficiencies and increased the number of assets available to all stake holders.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Excellent interface and very very simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

one image and multiple download features available. search feature is excellent.

What do you dislike?

more user friendly backend reporting system required

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best digital asset management system

large collection of images and videos. multiple users can have access to download from anywhere anytime

Learning about Asset Bank?

* We monitor all Asset Bank reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.