What do you like best?
- Powerful for building the knowledge base based on questions/answers
- A great channel for less official customer support: it enables to provide tips, suggestions or incomplete answers which are sometimes good enough for the customer’s need rather to create a ticket in the support system.
- Spaces, topics, questions and ideas can be clearly organized and managed
- A user contribution is well tracked, reputation is clearly visible
- The reputation gamification is cute.
- The related questions feature is really useful
- Topic list is useful, if people tag questions appropriately. Also useful in finding out the experts in certain areas and questions in that area.
- The team is eager to improve the tool by adding new features.
What do you dislike?
- Unfriendly admin console
- A large range of roles (permissions) for specific actions on the site might be overwhelming at first
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you want to reduce barriers between people, departments and companies and build a knowledge base, built by experts who answer questions- the Answerhub is a perfect solution for you. It is a tool that offers more than just a question and answer model; it allows you to create an interactive Q&A community. The gamification really encourages people to contribute and build own expertise.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
While the Wiki-based forum was a great system for building community, it lacked many features that we required. It quickly became evident that we would need to make significant changes to meet those expectations. Instead of re-working the existing forum, we decided that a new solution should be built from ground up for extensibility and scalability, with all the insights gained from the forum.
So began the AnswerHub era.
It is a tool that offers more than just a question and answer model; it allows you to create an interactive Q&A community. Users earn points and badges for useful participation while providing relevant answers to the community’s questions. At the same time, users build up their own reputation as an expert in a defined area. You can also share your ideas to ensure that good ideas aren't overlooked.
The AnswerHub is another way to share knowledge among employees, partners and customers and is a great solution for reducing barriers between people, departments and companies. While posting questions, answers, comments or ideas, together we create an enormous, well-organized base.
It becomes very quickly a prominent tool in the technical domain. The enormous knowledge base, which is built by experts who answer users` questions about our products.