Animoto

Animoto makes it easy to create professional-quality videos on your computer and mobile device.

Work for Animoto?

Learning about Animoto?

Animoto Reviews

Showing 47 Animoto reviews
María L.

"ANIMOTO: the best version for the creation of videos. "

What do you like best?

Animoto is a very varied application, since it has a sequence of tools that allow you to carry out the best presentation that you want, in the business scope of importance, since it helps us to make the best videos and in short times, making known satisfactory form what we want to transmit. Animoto has; an extensive music library and also allows you to upload more, allows uploading photos from other wed sites, and you can upload segments of your videos in which you are creating with that application, because it is responsible for integrating them and the best of all is that each created video you can send it directly to You tobe, Facebook ..

What do you dislike?

Animoto has a great disadvantage and is that it is not free, which makes it not suitable for any user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application because it is one of the best when creating videos, quickly and safely, leaving excellent results. With very dynamic and very useful tools.

Their results are the best at the time of the final presentation, very dynamic and with excellent reproduction.

With this application, our company has managed to obtain better results, since animoto allows the creation of very beautiful and dynamic presentations making our work team remain prestigious, the benefits are very satisfactory, because we have obtained excellent responses from our clients . Allowing everything to be done with animoto leave impressive results.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Animoto
Miriannys G.

"Animoto, the best video creation in your hands. "

What do you like best?

When we talk about Animoto, we are talking about one of the best applications for the creation of videos or presentations, which is full of various tools that are very helpful, such a case is in my area of work as it is marketing that develops a role fundamental in advertising and this application in particular is very helpful because it allows me to create videos in which I can transmit the development of a product or some presentation that I want to make known briefly. Animoto is a totally easy to use application that allows to enter the music and image of my preference making my video is personalized and very dynamic, also its platform has templates that are very helpful and beautiful designs, it has excellent technical support which is of great importance

What do you dislike?

It is excellent application but its use is not free and this means that many users can not use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Animoto is excellent application for the creation of videos or presentations, I recommend it in all its ambits since it is very easy to handle and in the marketing area it is very useful. It also has incredible designs that are part of this application for better results.

With Animoto my marketing team has been able to solve a great variety of problems, since it is an application that allows you to make videos or presentations according to the taste or preference that is required, animoto brings excellent tools that are self-help for anyone who wishes to give to know a product, which has been of great help for all of us bringing with it excellent benefits.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Luisana M.

" ANIMOTO, the best application to create videos. "

What do you like best?

Animoto, is an application that has multiple tools that are complementary help to transmit what we want in a presentation, in the area of ​​education is very helpful, since this is an application that has the ability to create videos and easily , it allows to upload the music from any device and the one with the best preference, besides it allows to write on the image and even better the desired format is chosen. has a free time lapse that is helpful because it allows you to know the application, and this presents excellent technical support.

What do you dislike?

It is an excellent application but its biggest disadvantage is that it is not free.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Animoto, to the maximum since it is an application that allows you to execute or create the best videos of your preference, it has very dynamic tools that help to transmit more what you want to make known. In addition this application allows to take a motivational field both in students and teachers, to use all possible creativity. It is of great importance for any type of work that needs to express a specific project.

Animoto, is an application that has various capabilities to improve any field and even more when talking about education, since the receptivity is between student and teacher, this has allowed a better educational development, the benefits are very varied as it has allowed that students are motivated to make creative presentations in the classroom, synthesize information or explain experiences.

Marina R.

" Animoto, the easiest way to create presentations. "

What do you like best?

Animoto, is an excellent application, when making a video or presentation, in the area of ​​education is a good tool to create our presentations as this allows you to create the videos with the images and music of our preference making our presentations the best , animoto has excellent technical support which is of great importance to us since we handle a large capacity of files, it is very simple to use, leaving the best results, it has a wide diversity of music sheets which makes it different from the rest applications to create videos or presentations, has a free trial period and that of great importance to us.

What do you dislike?

I dislike this application, animoto, which is not free, you have to pay to be able to enter to work in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application, Animoto, to the maximum since it has a diversity of tools that allows us to have more creativity when making our videos and it is very easy to use as long as you have internet.

This application is of great help in the area of ​​education since it allows to solve in a brief way the explanation of a specific topic with my students, it is an application that helps both educators and students since their presentations are incredible, we have obtained great benefits because it is a platform that helps you get a better resource when you have to present a class.

Nathaly G.

"Animoto, the best video creator. "

What do you like best?

Mainly what I like most about animoto, is that it is an application with a great diversity of tools to create videos, it allows to add images and the music of our preference, it is completely free, Animoto has the option that each video created is You can send YouTube, IPhone, Facebook, etc.A also allows you to add short videos to our presentations, and Animoto is responsible for integrating them, this application is very useful in the area of ​​advertising of a company and even more so when it is for tourisms It is very good and has excellent technical support.

What do you dislike?

Animoto the only difficulty is that it is not a completely free application, has a short free trial period, but then you have to pay to be able to enter that application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Animoto as one of the best applications to create our videos, since it has a diversity of tools that help us make our presentations in a powerful way and with a unique and personalized design capacity, to others it is a free application.

Thanks to the animoto application, we can as a business team solve business problems since this application is made to be able to create the best presentations free of charge, our team at Hotel Esperia Palace, has had a great advance in terms of its clients, due to animoto has helped us to encourage and make known more about our tourism plans, with this we have also obtained great benefits as it is an application with tools that allow us to make a better presentation or video to make it known to our customers.

Shannon O.

"A Need For Social Media Videos + Campaigns!"

What do you like best?

I love their music options, way better than iMovie and other editing tools. And the ease of telling the story with fonts and words on the video. This is like quick, easy, and always looks professional.

What do you dislike?

I really really can't stand that you can't put the words/phrases anywhere you please. The ability with the word placement, size, and color variation are small. I love that you can change highlight versus font color, but I really wish you could do that within the sentence within the slide itself. Like make it more unique.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say it is 100% worth purchasing and using. When you need a good video done or edited this will always be your GO TO!

We make quick marketing videos for social media, but we also use it in conjunction with iMovie to put all our finishing touches to make it look professional.

Jose R.

"My classes are original with videos created with Animoto"

What do you like best?

I like the practices that Animoto is and how easy it is to use, I like that it allows you to create animations and interactive presentations in a simple and fast way. Sometimes I use it even the night before while preparing a class.

Animoto seems more appropriate to create animated videos presenting the benefits of a product or service. I always use it to create very animated presentations where I recommend to my students the books they can use and the internet pages that they can use in an educational way.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit slow when adding texts to the video

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Animoto is an online tool used to create animated videos. The possibilities are unlimited, it is very simple to use and you can create a video very quickly and with a very professional finish.

His slogan says it all: "make it simple, make it beautiful". Animoto is very easy to use and I have been able to save a lot of time with this application.

It is online and also has a free app for Iphone and Android.

I have been able to share my videos directly with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, WordPress, etc.

I can include video clips and this gives more dynamism and the final result is more attractive for my students.

My classes are more original and animated.

My students have a better academic performance

Yash A.

"Beautiful video maker"

What do you like best?

I really liked the way i am able to make videos with the use of Animoto.

I can make Marketing videos with the use of Animoto and also i can put Aftereffects which great on it.

It is having great templates and also it is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

No, I am not having any dislikes for Animoto as since the day i am using it it has been great and awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In recommendations i will say that this is really very good for making marketing videos.

I am able to solve many of my business problems with the use of Animoto like i am able to make good Marketing videos which helps me a lot.

And also i am able to get many benefits out of it like it is very easy to use and time saving.

Logan S.

"Very easy to use to make good presentations"

What do you like best?

The simplistic website that allows you to make wonderful presentations pleasing to the eye. Whenever I use Animoto everyone loves how the content is displayed and how easy it is to read. It also does not take long to learn how to use. The free trial is helpful to get to know the website and application.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited music options that are available. It would also be nice to see a better customer support team. A favorites option to save your favorite templets would be helpful as well. Animoto has a few flaws, but overall it is doing good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and effective in the workplace. It is kind of pricey depending on how much you will use it, but they do offer a free trial and I haven't had to upgrade it yet. The trial is great and Animoto has good graphics and templets for users who have troubles with coming up with designs that flow. This website has helped me come up with good ideas and make them a reality.

Using Animoto helps my co-works and boss understand the importance of my ideas and events for the company to help it grow. The benefits of using this program over others like slides and prezi are great. Slides can be boring and prezi is hard to learn how to work. This is a good middle and easy to use without it being boring.

Vivek A.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

I really liked that Animoto is really very easy to use. I can make a Slideshow in few minuts with the use of Animoto.

I can also create videos in different sizes and upload it.

Also the music which i am able to add with the use of Animoto to my slide is just awesome.

What do you dislike?

No, i don't have any dislikes for Animoto as it is very good and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To others i will only recommend that use Animoto, it is very good and easy to use.

I have solved many problems with the use of Animoto and also i have experienced many benefits out of it.,

like i am able too upload different videos of different sizes to my slideshow and also i can add music to it.

Varun A.

"Awesome Slideshows in few minutes"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use which is also the best thing about it. I can very easily make slideshow in just a few minutes and also it templates are really good and helpful.

It is really helpful and good and useful.

What do you dislike?

I am not having any dislikes for Animoto as it is really good and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In recommendations i will say that Animoto is very good and useful and it is very time saving, so i will suggest everyone to use Animoto.

It has really solved many of my business and also i am able to get many good benefits from Animoto like i am able to save my lots of time.

Also its templates are really very nice that makes my slideshow more enhancing.

Carney Z.

"Animoto is a great tool for fun, easy photo slideshows. "

What do you like best?

I like that Animoto is very user-friendly and easy to use. They have a good variety of music/songs to add to the photo slideshows that are pretty easy to filter by, so that's nice. I also enjoy the themes that they do have, as they are interactive and creative, many times themes I would not have been able to come up with, so I am glad they are available.

What do you dislike?

I really wish they had more themes because the ones they have can be similar, and it would be so much better if there was a greater variety of theme options. I also wish you could search the type of video theme you're looking for because as of now, you just have to scroll through all the options they have available. It would be so much easier to be able to search specifically what type of video theme you're looking for, and this would especially be helpful if and when they created more themes to filter through.

I also wish the converting would happen quicker. I understand the videos are often times high-quality, but it can take a long time for certain videos to export. I'm not sure if this would mean smaller sized files would be used for music or what, but it would be very beneficial if the time to finish the project would decrease.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Animoto if you're looking for user-friendly/easy, fun videos.

We have created hundreds of Animoto videos for both clients and internal work.

Mitchell T.

"Quick, & User-Friendly Software for Micro-Video Projects"

What do you like best?

Animoto's drag-and-drop interface makes it super easy to use other assets like photos and short video clips and quickly turn them into great marketing videos. Very gracious learning curve. Also nice is the large archive of stock music, so you don't have to purchase any from elsewhere. Makes it worth the $ right there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you need to do "workarounds" to make things look the way you want them--for example, photos may need to be resized, cropped or shifted around in some other image editing program to get the desired look you want. Also, text options like text placement or word limits can be too limiting. Same goes for control over transitions and animations. Sometimes I resort to iMovie or PowerPoint to make pieces to drop into Animoto to make the kind of video I envision.

I use animoto to create marketing videos for clients that we primarily use for social media and email campaigns.

Jackie B.

"Perfect for Creating Stunning, Animated Video Clips - No Videographer Required!"

What do you like best?

Super EZ to take any set of Images I want, drop them into Animoto and create a stunning video clip! It's super customizable too: I can change the music, the speed, the layout - and as often as I want until I get exactly the right fit for the purpose. (can't do that with a videographer, affordably.

It's great for client DEMOs, 'explainers, or even just flight-testing a few ideas! I fact, simply creating a few helps create even more ideas about the message or experience you are trying to create. Visuals are key these days to taking a vision in your own head and transferring it accurately to your audience.

Since it's a creative tool there are many more uses for it. I keep it on my iPad and create during long plane rides and testfly new concepts or AMTRAK trips to make a few client DEMOs on the fly for those "just in case" back-up ideas. I use it during meetings to help clients visualize for themselves what they are trying to convey too. It's a tremendously empowering tool.

What do you dislike?

Given that any level of skill can create a video in just a few minutes, there are understandable limitations.

But it's worth every penny to be able to visually show an idea or capture an experience so easily before one invests extraordinary sums in something more technical that may miss the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I tried this when one of our freelancers wasn't able to create what I wanted. This helped me show him, visually, the concept. Then I started using it so much, I didn't need that freelancer for such projects.

The need to transfer the experience our product delivers to every end-user we work with, and to test out new product offerings.

Greg D.

"I use Animoto when I need a high quality video presentation fast."

What do you like best?

Honestly, what I like best is the limited options for what I can do in a slide. With something like Powerpoint there are almost too many tools and options. Animoto gives me just what I need to get the job done fast and that limitation actually helps my productivity.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with Animoto unless you want some kind of serious video editing solution. In that case, get Adobe Premiere Pro. Animoto is for down and dirty videos that go in Facebook Ads, Social Media Posts, and Blog Articles.

I haven't had any problems with it. The benefits are high quality production in a short time period. I also like the audio library. They generally have something that fits my presentation and that makes it easy to add a soundtrack.

"Great product! Missing customer service ...."

What do you like best?

Found this product in order to make marketing & training videos for my business. It is asy to use and has many customizable templates to create professional marketing videos! There's also tons of music to select from to enhance your videos. Overall Animoto is a really great option for anyone wanting to create videos to enhance their business!

What do you dislike?

There's no customer service available by telephone. And while can understand not having a telephone number, emails have gone unanswered for 4-5 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Except for the fact that there's no one available to answer questions - they say they answer emails in 1-4 business days but it's been longer - I think it's a great product!

Wanted an easy tool to create marketing & educational videos for my business. Animoto allows me to create videos and publish them easily on my website and on YouTube.

Lisa T.

"Easy, fun & cost efficient compared to other options!"

What do you like best?

In a matter of minutes or hours, depending on the project and the assets, we end up with professional looking videos that enhance our brand and marketing efforts. The layout, font and music options provide virtually unlimited options. Projects get completed within days instead of weeks or more.

What do you dislike?

We would love more music choices that are fitting for businesses. It would be nice to be able to search music based on business category, professionalism and conservatism. For instance high end retail, or young and fun. We would also like the option to choose start and end times for music. Often the music plays for 30 seconds until the song kicks in. It makes it unusable for videos that are 1-2 minutes long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product for the novice or beginner, for personal use or for business. It gets the job done at a reasonable price.

Animoto solved are very small budget for videos. We are able to produce dozens of videos in a fraction of the time it would take with a videographer.

UF

"Simple to use and great for social media"

What do you like best?

The simple drag and drop interface, with many templates and free music. The ability to download in multiple sizes and the new square video templates. You can also add voiceover directly from animoto, which is great. Videos really can take minutes to produce rather than hours.

What do you dislike?

I can be quite rigid in structure, you can't mix and match things like transitions, although this does seem to be something they are working on. Adding photos is great, but if adding one long video rather than clips, the editor can sometimes be hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the trial and you won't regret it. If you produce multiple videos for social media, websites or clients the monthly price will be worth it.

Quick, professional social media videos are made extremely easy thanks to Animoto. What could take hours and professional knowledge on products such as adobe premiere pro can be done in minutes. You sacrifice customisation for speed however, you still end up with a very professional product.

Justin V.

"One of Few Programs I've Come Across Recently That I'm Ecstatic About!"

What do you like best?

It is so quick and easy to create videos that convey a message. I use Final Cut Pro (Mac) for video editing. To create a slideshow would take a lot of expertise and a lot of time. If I want to quickly create a captivating slideshow that can be used as a Facebook video ad, etc., Animoto is my go to. It is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate a little bit more customization options.. Not that I'm complaining. And maybe they have to limit the options to keep everything simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least give it a free try!

Creating compelling videos for Facebook ads that convey a story or message. So far, the main benefits we've realized is the "ease" of high quality video creation. We have yet to actually run the ads as videos, but I'm guessing they'll be very effective.

"EXCELLENT, quick-and-easy video-creating asset you MUST use!"

What do you like best?

Animoto is one of the easiest web-based programs to use for quick video-creating content! If you can upload a file, you can create a video!

I LOVE that you can drag/drop images to upload; then drag/drop to the frame you want them in. You can easily customize the order that appear in, even after you've published the video. I personally like that there are templates to choose from so it makes the creation process easier.

They also recently added being able to watermark the video with a logo which is great for branding.

What do you dislike?

The built-in audio is a little limited if you're like me looking for upbeat, instrumental only music.

I am not a huge fan of the limited text styles. It's great to have a template, but there are only a handful of choices. IF you're creating a lot of videos AND want the ability to change it up, this might not be the best for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The pricing is perfect, especially if you are able to pay for the whole year at one time. It's far more cost-effective than some competitors.

Content is king! And this helps make content-creation even quicker and easier. In publishing quick content for Instagram and Facebook, Animoto makes it incredibly easy to upload some images (or video clips!), add some text and publish.

Shivam S.

"an effective and interesting presentation software"

What do you like best?

eye catching final projects

features over 300 audio tracks

supports mobile platform like iOS and android

What do you dislike?

lacks the audio and video effects of transformation and correction

3D editing is not featured

color correction is not featured

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you are a beginner as a presentation maker and looking for a innovative presentation maker then animoto can be a too good option.easy to use and effective! try it.

animoto is too much creative that helps to make powerful presentation too with lots of variation.it saves the time as it is easy to use and user friendly .

Kimberly B.

"Simple user interface, pro results"

What do you like best?

No video editing necessary - Animoto allows users with no video production expertise to upload photos or short videos, add music, pick a template, and create impressive looking musical slideshow videos.

What do you dislike?

There is not a great music selection and not much customization available in the basic paid version that I use.

Creating similar quality video slideshows from scratch would be time-consuming and complicated. Animoto is great for quickly and easily creating videos to recognize Teacher of the Year, to create a slideshow for retiring employees, etc.

Christopher J.

"Best Photo to Video App on the Planet!"

What do you like best?

I loved the simplicity in uploading my photos, adding my own royalty free music to the final video. Its always exciting to see what the end result turns to out. The icing is watching my clients see their video for the first time. Priceless!!

What do you dislike?

Absolutely perfect product! I would not change anything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are running a photography studio, implementing Animoto and using the videos during your sales session will increase your in person sales exponentially. Just do it!.

Being able to put my photos to a synchronized video has helped up my sales significantly.

"Easy to use, if you're primarily focused on visual content"

What do you like best?

Very simple to insert images and make your material look good. The whole process from start to finish is very user-friendly and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

There is very little customization available beyond the pre-set storyboards you can follow. It's very challenging to adapt text, very few fonts to use, and you can only have one text box per image. It's definitely meant to showcase visual content. If that's your goal, this is probably not an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For people who want to use video to showcase their product visually, you can't do better than Animoto. If I were a wedding photographer or someone wanting to show off a physical product, I would love Animoto 100%. Because the goal of our videos is to share information on social media and the text content is more important than the images, I feel that Animoto doesn't quite meet our needs.

We are a nonprofit and started our Animoto subscription to create public service announcement videos for our membership. We have been able to accomplish this, more or less, but the limits on text customization make it challenging to make a video where the text content is more important than the stock images we use in the background.

Gunjan S.

"easy way for a unique presentation"

What do you like best?

customizable styles

call to action button

longer video clips

sharing directly from animoto

What do you dislike?

can not subtle changes to one frame

cannot control the style of edits animoto provide

lose the ability to edit just one section of the video without affecting the entire

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use software which can save much amount of time

unique animations can be created in a different way to differ your personality

customizable styles like frameless , documentary,classic

font selection for buseness personality

Cindy R.

"Animoto has givenn us another marketing tool."

What do you like best?

I love the templates that are available. It's such an easy drag and drop program that you can't mess anything up.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They give so many different options for production and formatting.

We're improving sales and company retention by adding video to all of our marketing emails/web/Facebook/Twitter, etc.

Nick C.

"Easiest tool for making high quality slideshows."

What do you like best?

Animoto is so easy to use, you can make a great slideshow with virtually no tech skills. I also love how easy it is to add video into the slideshows.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more options when it comes to adding text, more fonts would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using Animoto for about 5 years and it just keeps getting better. So if you need a slideshow tool that you can implement quickly, go with Animoto

I have used this for both business and personal use when I have needed to make a slideshow, everytime I use this tool the slideshow ends up looking very professional.

vraj m.

"an online video creation program"

What do you like best?

easy to use

fairly idiot proof

video is online immediately and easy to embade in websites

What do you dislike?

very little source material

free parts on animoto doesnt have enough power

Recommendations to others considering the product:

give it a try, it would be useful to make animation videos in a unique way

can import your photos from Flickr, SmugMug, and more

really good quality production in a short time period

audio library provides too good features

GR
G2 User in Real Estate

"Unique Product!"

What do you like best?

Animoto is unique, I've not seen anything quite like it. Very easy to use and lots of variety and options. The end product looks very professional and it is a good system overall. We've gotten compliments from clients on our videos from Animoto and that is a great thing. They want to know who made the video - they really didn't believe it was a website where we created it in 10 minutes. That alone should be enough for anyone to check out the product.

What do you dislike?

We have not upgraded to a plan because it's a bit pricey. $42 a month is kind of a lot considering we don't use it more than once per month. I can't justify the ROI on that right now. But as I use it more, I think we will pay for the full version. I got a lot of ideas from other real estate teams using this product and I think we could get some business from advertising with videos on Animoto.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free version before spending money on the advanced version. You can do a lot with just the free version and it gives you the opportunity to see if you actually like it and will use it regularly.

We are able to advertise our monthly listings quite well with these videos and they look great and professional. I would love to use it for more but we need to pay for a plan first.

"Love it, user friendly, great content "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use here. You can swap out for your own images. Can make it super personal or fairly commercialized. The music is fun to chose from. Doing listings for homes is great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to change text font and move the text over the videos to wherever I want it to be. There is only so much I can control.

We are solving awareness of our new business ideas. We use Animoto to generate videos with content that explains new product or service ideas. We test the market using these videos. We also use Animoto to generate our listing previews. These get quite a few views and it looks very slick.

rohan s.

"powerful and easy to use tool for animation"

What do you like best?

easy to use and quick

provides professional quality videos

provides a wider catalog which has more than 100 slides

ptional 2 video builders

What do you dislike?

a single subtle change in the single frame is not possible

i am not able to make a change in sectional parts,it is affecting the whole video

Recommendations to others considering the product:

animoto is a really good choice if you want a good animation in less time consuming.it is easy to use and effective ,too!

animoto is really very easy to use and quick! it helps to make a video in professional style in short amount of time which helps me during our industrial presentations

"Animoto makes things easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, no video editing knowledge is needed. Its simple; drag and drop. I like the ability to use a variety of templates, but still be able to customise your brand colours and use your logo. The templates make it so easy - seriously, give it a go on the free trial (its watermarked but gives a good indication).

What do you dislike?

The fact that the music, although a large back catalogue, is quite cheesy. Its easy to ruin a great video or photo slide show as you may not be able to find the perfect track. It would also be great to add an ability to subtitle video.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They provide a free trial (watermarked) but give it a go and see if it suits your video needs.

Video is now favoured on social media, especially Facebook - I couldn't create videos without spending hours editing. Animoto takes the time and effort out of this with a great end product!

GH
G2 User in Higher Education

"I love Animoto for all of my video needs at work."

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the ability to be creative with photos and the ability to get a strong message to my audience through the use of video. I like that I can create a video on the spot and upload it to Facebook or my Website very fast. It is also easy to create a video and put it on a DVD to use at parent meetings and open houses. The fact that each video can be personalized is also an added benefit. The ability to update a video once it is already published is a great feature since things often change once I download a video for use and the Principal or a teacher would like to add or delete a photo. I also love the choice of backgrounds for the videos depending upon the season. Animoto is great about sending updates when new backgrounds are available for a certain season reminding me to create something fun for our families to see.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to incorporate "live" videos within the video. Often, I can take cute video of our students throughout the day or at a special program with my i-phone. I have a difficult time then uploading that to my Animoto video. I also wish that I had the opportunity to change the text for text blocks. It would be nice to add color or different text depending upon the reason for the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Animoto to anyone who is interested in using photos in a video format to promote their business, school or organization. It is fun and easy to use and it truly personalizes your promotions.

I am trying to highlight our school to those around us and increase awareness and enrollment. I feel the benefits have been that I can use the tool to have our students and teachers speak and prospective parents can listen at their convenience. It also allows me to do last minute projects and promote them promptly. I realize that I am now able to get our message out in a fun way.

"Create videos from photos and previous video clips"

What do you like best?

You can easily edit together a video using only photos and your own supplied music. This is a very handy product and can be very useful for not only business and corporate videos, but for personal use as well!

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the UX were a bit clunky but overall the product was easy to use. This isn't your average animated software regardless of the name "Animoto". This is more photo and video clip based and is driven by just that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Animoto is a great product for creating videos from photos, but it is not a true animation creator per se. Animated videos cannot be created when using Animoto, so if that's what you're looking for, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're using original photos (or even stock photos) and your own original video clips, I highly suggest using Animoto to publish your work! The creator and editor platforms are easy to use and the learning curve is quite simple, which is what many people fear when buying a new application.

Animoto is an easy to use application and can be a truly fun process for all involved to help contribute. It makes collaboration a breeze and can bring out the best ideas in all your team members. Whether it's assigning people the jobs of picking the music, throwing the slides together, or going out and shooting the video clips, everyone has a job to do to complete the task at hand. It's truly something special to see when it comes together using Animoto.

Be sure to use Animoto for your next project at work or at school!

We are using Animoto to create short live videos and videos with photos. We then add music to the videos and voila! From there, we have a great looking, professional video that is ready to be displayed on any social media network, or used for advertising purposes across essentially any platform, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter!

GE
G2 User in Education Management

"Not the best - but good enough"

What do you like best?

I can quickly put together a slide show for church announcements.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features require an upgrade and the standard features are pretty lame. When we upload a file with a blank background, Animoto doesn't have the option of adding it on a slide with a solid background... so half the time, we need to make a second graphic with a solid background. While this doesn't take a ton of time, it is certainly annoying and over time becomes quite the time suck.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for the upgrade... because you get what you pay for!

We are able to get our church announcements into a slideshow and up on the screen rather quickly from week to week.

"Love Animoto for presentations!"

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to use, and gives me several options on how to display presentations. I love this Animoto program!

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more song options for background music. However, it is very simple to upload my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program for marketing. I would definitely suggest Animoto for your business needs.

I have been able to present nice presentations that capture the attention of other employees.

"Great to create simple videos for clients"

What do you like best?

Customizing the style of the video is helpful. There is a wide variety of colors, fonts, songs, etc. to choose from for videos.

What do you dislike?

Customizing an uploaded image in a project can be frustrating. It is difficult to adjust the correct resolution and dimensions of an image without it being blurry, small in size, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Animoto is nice to use if a company is looking to create video content

Its been beneficial to create customized videos for clients that they can put on their websites to describe products and services.

Ann Marie H.

"Amateur Heavent"

What do you like best?

We use this app all the time. It's easy to use for the most basic skill levels.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more variety with the videos

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love it

Getting different messages out about our product is done more efficiently with video content

"Best software to show a specific video event"

What do you like best?

I love all that can be created with the personal plan, which is the one that I personally use. I can make a semi professional video by myself and show all events that I organize. It´s really usefull for my startup.

What do you dislike?

I would like the possibility of a plan in which could be contemplated a price for a specific work, so I could have a more professional work, done by a professional editor. That could be a great service for my needs.

I can show my events with no additional help from a third party professional.

UP
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Love this user-friendly & professional looking movie making site!"

What do you like best?

Pre-made, fun themes

High quality

Easy to use

What do you dislike?

Would like more text length & more font options!

My school uses Animoto weekly to put together short videos about what’s going on in our school. Students & parents love the themes. The music choices & graphics are great!

Sheri D.

"An amazing, fun, educational way for my students to apply and synthesize their knowledge"

What do you like best?

The engaging, easy to use software:) I use it with my students to allow them to apply and synthesize their knowledge in a digital format. I use it with my colleagues to share best practices.

What do you dislike?

No student free log in, I must create it or they use my account.

educational

Kristina N.

"Such a cool tool for Video!"

What do you like best?

Lovely video making tool to use for marketing, easy to edit, use video plus images and music or audio!

What do you dislike?

Limited use of audio, watermark with non-pro version

Use of video in our marketing online via social media and email

"Easy way to create marketing videos"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use for someone with little experience in this realm.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX could be improved. Hard to find some features, so end up having to email support to ask.

Marketing video creation

"Easy Use Makes You a Video Superstar!"

What do you like best?

Easy; Fast; Efficient; Resources and tools.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more videos and music selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. Makes professional marketing videos.

Fast, professional marketing videos.

"Animoto Review"

What do you like best?

Makes video editing possible for novices.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to figuring out the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use video editing program.

We are able to make engaging social video and post more frequently.

AM

"Great product for a quick SEO video"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and have some basic templates to use

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more templates to use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

decent product and service

SEO, youtube, facebook videos

GC
G2 User in Computer Software

"Animoto review"

What do you like best?

Easy way to create marvelous video without any experience of overpriced softwares

What do you dislike?

The price can be stiffed for more than 1 videos

Creating advertising videos and slideshows

Learning about Animoto?

* We monitor all Animoto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.