Xtensio Reviews & Product Details

Xtensio Overview

What is Xtensio?

Xtensio is the easiest way for teams to create, share, present and manage important business collateral. Over 185,000 consultants, agencies, entrepreneurs and educators use Xtensio to build smarter documents and streamline their workflow. Xtensio's cloud-based platform makes it easy to turn business goals into a reality. From entrepreneurs launching their company, to marketing teams promoting global brands and beyond, the tool helps users capture their vision with smart, beautiful documents, web pages and presentations. Choose froms 100s of templates and examples. Change color schemes, images and fill in your own content. Or start with a blank slate and build anything you need from scratch. By combining the design capabilities of a website builder with the collaborative functionality of a content editor, we aim to revolutionize how businesses communicate in a world where perpetual innovation is the new normal. Launched in 2015, Xtensio is the bootstrapping effort of Fake Crow (www.fakecrow.com), a creative product design studio that specializes in digital solutions for forward-thinking companies. Xtensio began as a creator for startups to visualize their company profile and show investors what they’re all about. Then it turned into a toolbox that not only offers presentation tools but also interactive templates that are useful during research, brainstorming, planning and strategy phases of a company. Today, Xtensio fosters the exchange of ideas, transforming a vision into tangible pages of communication. Our small-but-mighty team of entrepreneurs, designers, and content creators adheres to the lean mentality by generating real value for our users without wasting resources. Based in Los Angeles, California, Xtensio is defined by the creativity, cultural vibrancy and innovative spirit that permeates the city. Try Xtensio's editor and all templates and examples for free. Upgrade to save your work and access the platform's full power! Learn more about how Xtensio can help you at www.xtensio.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to keep up with product news and updates.

Xtensio Details

Teams use Xtensio to create, present and share beautiful living documents.

Xtensio's editor allows users to create "living documents and presentations" by dragging and dropping interactive modules. Not only can these "living documents" be shared as full-screen digital presentations, but they can also be shared as customizable weblinks or exported as a PDF or PNG file. Aside from the presentation aspect, Xtensio as a platform itself is much more. It's a collaborative team hub where teams create, share and manage these "living documents and presentations" to drive efficiency and move their business forward. All-in-all, Xtensio is a complete business communications platform.

Xtensio
2015
Los Angeles, CA
@xtensio

Xtensio Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Xtensio community
Have you used Xtensio before?

Xtensio Reviews

Showing 198 Xtensio reviews
Already have Xtensio?
Founder
What do you like best?

Xtensio is so fast and easy to generate proposals, one-sheets, pitch decks, so many things. The templates make it almost brainless to whip out something presentable, coherent and effective. The ability to review with collaborators and make changes easily helps with distributed teams. And having the documents remain "live" and malleable, even after sharing them is so great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have a better organizing/filing system to make it easier to find a project once you have a lot of them — but it's a minor quibble. I recommend Xtensio quite enthusiastically — it's really good at what it does! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you send a document to someone for review, only send the link, so they will always be looking at the most current version of the thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been a freelance graphic designer forever. I'm perfectly capable of designing without Xtensio. But for a fast-moving startup environment, the ease of collaboration with non-designers, and the ability to continually update and change things even after sending a link to someone — Xtensio is a real time and headache saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Sales & Marketing
What do you like best?

Being on a founding team of an early-stage startup, we don't have bandwidth or resources to prepare beautiful presentations, decks or other materials and assets. Xtensio has some great templates and drag and drop features that are very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it is drag and drop (which makes it so easy to use and create assets quickly) there are just some things that are not as customizable as I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I mentioned, our small team couldn't keep up with the demand to create assets for our sales, marketing and VC teams. Xtensio has some great features that allow us to create really beautiful assets quickly and without hiring a designer. We are able to get our teams the assets they need as well as present important information to current and potential investors in a visually-pleasing way. We've also found it easier to collaborate with external vendors through Xtensio and give them a much more detailed visual explanation of our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I’ve been using Xtensio for years now. It’s a tool that’s stuck with me through three role changes and now with my startup. I love how they’ve thought of everything, even activities that you weren’t aware you should perform when starting a business. All of the templates are well layed out and easy to follow. I’ve even used it in workshops to map user personas or to capture concept ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating your own templates takes a bit of work so I tend to stick with the ones provided. It’s possible to create your own templates, but just takes a bit of effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build your own templates. But that takes effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve planned my startup’s business model, documented my target market, put together my brand positioning statement and conducted a sworn analysis. I’ve even created my own Porter’s 5 Forces template. The benefit of doing this is that now I have a clear USP and position in what’s becoming an increasingly loud marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning Strategist
What do you like best?

I had one day to find a tool better than Powerpoint, learn how to use it, and deliver collateral for an exec-sponsored project - SOOOoooo happy I found Xtensio!! Super impressed with the intuitive, user-friendly interface!! Allowed me to meet the project deadline with a professional result!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far... granted I am still in a learning curve, and very happy with the application so far. Even my colleagues are all asking, "how did you do that?!" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll be amazed at the ease, simplicity, and beautiful output! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Still learning to navigate on spacing and alignment, but no problems to speak of. So many uses for the tool, just beginning to scratch the surface on new ways to work with my internal stakeholders to 'refresh' the communication channels with Xtensio outputs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

STUDENT
What do you like best?

Customer service is attentive, and their software is equipped with many designs for most marketing assignments needed for professional firms to use. Creating beautifully designed documents is easy with this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult at times creating folios, but that's just technology. Not everything is perfect, of course! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for software that'll help your brand develop eye-catching presentations and such, then check out Xtensio! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using it for my academics since I'm a senior in college who's majoring in a Communications field, and that involves marketing. Xtensio's software has allowed me to design & present uniquely & professionally designed documents for my marketing courses. My professors loved it so much that I got extra credit. Xtensio has also given me a student discount. Xtensio is great, and their software is preparing me for my future in the corporate marketing world... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Markedsføringsnerd
What do you like best?

One place with fantastic templates. Saves me a lot of time! Love the live slideshows :) Very nice to be able to organize by client or project ;) #loveit Recommended it to clients. Im able to create beautiful living documents, web pages and presentations :) The interactive templates are very useful during meetings & research, use them a lot when brainstorming & planning out a strategy with clients. Its an very easy to use, must have toolbox that you can take with you on all meetings and create as you go. My all time favorite and what I use the most is the briefs, and of course the user persona creation with all the fantastic drag and drop module and canva features. Also been using the Marketing Strategy template a bit now and getting more and more familiar with using it. I started with viewing all the help-videos in the help center and that got me started in no-time. They also have very good Webinars that you can watch in the help center, very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love even more presenations. Maybe social media strategy outline etc. Would love to be able to get a marketing funnel template as that is what we use very often to demonstrate to our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use, just dive in and start using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves me a lot of time when creating business plans for clients, project briefs, customer journeys & personas, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Marketing Strategist and Content Creator
What do you like best?

I chose Xtensio because I was looking for a piece of software that provided easy to use and good looking templates to create user personas for clients. After lots of research, Xtensio's product was perfect for my needs. I have also used some of their other templates as well.

As a freelancer that dabbles in a number of different disciplines (sales, marketing, invoicing...) I like the variety of templates that can be easily customised for each client's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The frustrating part about Xtensio was the first time I used it. I started working on the free plan and spent a number of hours building a series of user personas. I didn't realise that I was going to have to pay to download them to send to the client which seemed a little bit misleading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of wanting to present good looking and professional documents to my clients but not having the graphic design skills (or the time!) to build these types of templates myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Strategist
What do you like best?

The numerous outputs are great for internal or external clients...share via presentation, portal or pdf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect is I'm used to immediate chat help and it takes them about an hour to get back to you... no other issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take it for a test drive... but the set of features and templates makes it a useful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for a client portal originally to share docs for our program... but the way in which you can create "Folios" which are basically web pages, including all the templates they have to use, and then share a presentation of them in addition to a client portal of their specific pages, has saved me a lot of time as well as impresses clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

I've used Xtensio for some marketing materials, and it offers a really easy way to make polished products quickly for someone who isn't a designer. Their templates and examples offer a great jumping off point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally frustrated by file size limitations of images, automatic scaling would be preferred. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows quick iterations of "one pagers", presentation materials and landing pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Co-Founder
What do you like best?

The templates were incredibly useful for us. As a startup, we're doing a lot of things for the first time. Templates give us a great starting point that we can learn from and build upon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tricky managing the admin controls. We tend to share accounts and it was difficult. That's probably good from a security standpoint but tripped us up a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get in and try it. It's intuitive enough that you forget you're evaluating the tool and you just focus on the task at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started using it to build our customer personas. Then for a customer journey map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can create really nice personas very quickly from templates, and it's very easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to see and use more features that are under the premium account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm working on my final year project and needed something free and quick to create my personas which are in a very nice and readable format! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Haynes of Xtensio

Thank you for your review, Andreea! It's great to hear that the persona template has been useful for you, and I hope you've gotten to explore some other templates and the blank slate.

While we don't have premium trials, you can always upgrade to a premium plan on a monthly basis to test it out and later upgrade to yearly for maximum savings.

What do you like best?

The collaboration and templating services are great. I was looking a several different user persona templating tools, and reach out to my community of other product managers. Xtensio came up as one of the most popular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of blinking things/recommendations every time a login. The access management is a little confusing at first. Though i understand it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been a great way to build our user personas. And now others in the company want to use it for pitch decks and other templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Haynes of Xtensio

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It's great to hear that the persona template and collaboration features were helpful for your team.

We'll be addressing the collaboration and team access flows soon, so you'll see improvements there with upcoming optimizations!

What do you like best?

1)Templates guide and simplify work

2)Explanations of the essence of content needed in each section

3)Design options and simplicity of work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1)It was difficult to find a suitable example for a reference

2)I have been working on the free program and have already spent several days building a One Pager for a startup. At first, when I started working I did not realize I would have to pay to download it so I could use it. In my opinion, at least one download should be allowed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend taking advantage of the free trial period offered by Xtensio, the templates examples have pretty much helped me understand what my presentation should look like in the end. The platform is steamed easy to understand and easy to operate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started working with Xtensio because I was looking for a template to help me build an investor presentation and startup business plan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Haynes of Xtensio

Thank you for your feedback. While exports are a paid feature only, you can share your folios as live web links and full-screen slideshow presentations on any plan, including the free plan.

While we don't offer free trials, as a freemium product, you can always use Xtensio on the free forever plan.

Founder and CEO
What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to leverage existing object-oriented templates in a drop and drag fashion that can be customized and shared on the cloud for virtually any collaborative communication type - whether for internal teams or for presentation to external parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to align graphic objects or especially bullet text sections so as to produce symmetry (without the presence of embedded grid markers). The program can be stubborn as to overriding its preset format preferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been helpful being able to create a professional looking and comprehensive competitive analysis for our start up to show investor prospects. I particularly like the embedded widgets - such as the slide widgets for feature attribute comparisons. I also like the ability to make the document interactive with links and and even video objects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Designer
Design
What do you like best?

How easy to use it and easy to master it was. Made writing executive summaries a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The slide decks it generates from reports are too wordy. Each slide takes literally everything I had on the report which with dense research reporting can be unwieldy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives me a great starting point when making documentation of executive summaries, marketing plans, etc. I love the layouts and the amount of change I can affect on the page as well the grid system really helps non-visual designers make good looking reports without having to learn a new program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like that there are many templates available to use already that look good and are easy to edit. I also liked the fact that when I realized I needed a pitch deck for potential customers, I was able to find a template and customize it to my exact needs and publish it all within a day. I realize it is a relatively simple task, but Xtensio made it so I didn't have to worry about a lot of the details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Obviously I would like to not have the Xtensio watermark on the free page, but I know that's not really feasible, and doesn't make sense unless I'm a paying customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to create a simple pitch deck, Xtensio is a great platform to quickly create a professional looking page and publish to the web. While I don't have a ton of experience with all the other features, it directly hit my needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it as a sort of pitch deck to show potential clients who I am, what I can do for them, and what I've done in the past from a software development perspective. I've been able to show the page to potential clients and give them a better sense of who I am and what I do. From that, they've also been able to see what I've done in the past. I've definitely had clients sign with me to do their software development in part because of the pitch deck I showed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I love the template layouts, specifically on the Fact Sheets I have created. Elegant! I have received many compliments from clients and their colleagues. Also, the dashboard is very simple without a lot of noise. It is super easy to stay on task with Xtensio. I also like the collaboration tool availability. I like that templates are color coded by square blocks on the left hand side in the dashboard. I like the fact Xtensio tells you how many times a particular template has been used. And...they give you the ability to request a new type of template if you do not see one you have in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first, it can be a little difficult to understand how your page will look when downloading or printing. Overcome that easily by choosing the first option.:) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attention spans tend to be short. Using Xtensio has given me the ability to help my clients promote their ideas more effectively in an elegant layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time while producing some of the best content that is easily digestible. I love what Xtensio has done for me as a designer! The history is my absolute favorite!!!! You can literally go in and see all revisions and revert at any time. How cool is that!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I really like how Xtensio has built an easy platform for many different types of corporate documents. Easy interface, clean design, professional applications. Xtensio has been easy to share with other collaborators, as well, which has been extremely valuable. The ability to edit business documents in real time with my team has increased the speed of our content creation, without having to sacrifice quality. I particularly love how I don't have to be great at design in order to get a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes a little difficult to edit the docs in the way I'd like, but other than that, it's awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's amazing. Use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to build great business documents, really easily. Xtensio has been easy to share with other collaborators, as well, which has been extremely valuable. The ability to edit business documents in real time with my team has increased the speed of our content creation, without having to sacrifice quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Haynes of Xtensio

Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed the simple editor for designing a variety of different business documents and we appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Cheers!

What do you like best?

Everything, the platform is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any major complaints. The platform is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Xtensio has created a way for me to create announcements and reminders for our Sales team. Xtensio makes it easier to track acknowledgment of trainings with the email address Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Haynes of Xtensio

We're so glad to hear that Xtensio has made it easier for you to create and share announcements and reminders with your sales teams!

CEO
What do you like best?

I used Xtensio for 1-pager pitch of new project. I have not ANY question like "How could I do this or that..." Everything is completely clear. It is the most comfortable template constructor among all that I know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price is a little high for such type of service. For comparison, much complicated softwares sells their monthly subscriptions two (and more) times cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expplore list of free features first and price list. It could save your time if you don`t want pay $30/month and need only one download a result of your hard work in*.pdf ;-) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I created 1-pager pitch for only 50 minutes from the moment I saw Xtensio first time.

https://predictoria.xtensio.com/6jra1pwy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, CEO
What do you like best?

I can set up a pitch deck for a new company/product literally in an hour, send it out, print it, and it looks amazing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes granular editing is a little tough but you can always fond a work around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Truly a unique product that combines efficiency with a great UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Slick, concise ways to communicate multiple ideas and solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.