4.8

Walker Sands is one of the fastest-growing PR and digital marketing agencies in the U.S. Through an integrated approach to creative services, we help our B2B technology clients drive awareness, credibility and conversions using strategic public relations, innovative demand generation strategies and creative campaigns.

Work for Walker Sands?

Learning about Walker Sands?

Walker Sands Reviews

Showing 27 Walker Sands reviews
Walker Sands review by laura h.
laura h.

"True partner who understand your business"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands serves as our PR agency. They manage media relationships, source new amplification opportunities for multiple verticals. As well, we use them for their research capabilities.

What do you like best?

The proactive reach outs to the media, the deep dive understanding of the business we are in which is complicated and the way they bring in press opportunities. These guys have learned our business, they get us top tier placements unlike anyone I've seen and have brought our share of voice up nicely year over year. It feels very turnkey from the perspective that they "get things done." We recognize the financial return on what they do for us .

What do you dislike?

At this moment, there is nothing I dislike about working with Walker Sands. I know sometimes it does get busy with all of us who work in the agency world, and there have been a few times where we'd like them to be more responsive but generally speaking that's not an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have very good standardized processes, they train folks well and they know their media.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Walker Sands
Walker Sands review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Quality Agency for B2B SaaS"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

WalkerSands currently manages Paid Search and Social advertising for the SaaS b2b software company . They additionally are our PR firm. I work and manage the Paid search and social advertising team.

What do you like best?

Easy to work with, creative, specialized team. The Walker Sands team is ready to step up to any new challenge. They take feedback to heart and communicate clearly. As a team we have have been able to increase the quality of inbound leads by 30%. We have bi-monthly meetings to review current results, upcoming projects and in general align our efforts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Whenever there has been a topic that I am not satisfied with, we have worked to correct it together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid agency to work with for digital, content and PR. However, like working with any agency, you need to develop a working method that works for your team. Walker Sands is very flexible and happy to accommodate your working preference.

What PR Firms solution do you use?

Walker Sands review by Project Team Member
Project Team Member

"Attentive and Actionable. "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands provides us with a day-to-day execution of our PR strategy, helping with media pitches, bylines, cited across different industries and publications, research development and execution, award recognitions and overall marketing tactics.

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Walker Sands is a very easy company and team to communicate with and ask questions. Even if we aren't always clear on an ask - they are great at providing the proper feedback or asking the "right" type of questions to make our jobs easier. It's always a breath of fresh air working with this team - they just get us :).

What do you dislike?

Turnaround times aren't always 100%. There has been delays in projects that require very quick turnaround or responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walker Sands provides a clear understanding of what the goals and objectives are of a project and lays everything out from the very start. They are very transparent and have a willingness to provide even more than the original scope that was discussed. Working with Walker Sands allows for your team and company to know that your PR Strategy is being taken care of at the highest level and you're able to focus on other project goals. I highly recommend working with Walker Sands on any project.

Walker Sands review by Nancy L.
Nancy L.

"Twice As Nice"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands has been my public relations agency for the past two and a half years across two different companies, managing media relations.

What do you like best?

The Walker Sands team is always ready to help and keep pace with the speed of our business. The answer is never "no", it's "let's figure out how to do that." They also take feedback well. When onboarding a new agency at a new company, the biggest challenge is learning the tone of the new company. WS has done this twice, for two completely different companies.

While they are subject matter experts in everything they do, when tasked with something that exceeds their wheelhouse, they are extremely honest and genuine in their approach. Always helping to find solutions to ensure the client receives the best outcome.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. N/A should be an option for this question.

Walker Sands review by Dennis C.
Dennis C.

"Tech PR trifecta - consistent quality in content, account service and media relations "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

InterCall (now West UCS) relied upon PR to maintain its online presence in the highly-competitive conferencing services sector.

What do you like best?

The account team is rock solid and any new members come in already knowledgeable about the space. This maintains continuity but keeps a fresh input of creative ideas. Reporting metrics and dashboard are valuable for internal distribution to senior leadership.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. They are a responsive and low-ego team that supports our efforts and actively offer suggestions rather than waiting for orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walker Sands has the bandwidth to support a wide range of communications skills. We only used their PR group but I would recommend consolidating other ancillary services if the scope requires it.

Walker Sands review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Solid Strategy and Delivery"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands helped us create a strategy, creative visual identity and messaging matrix for a major product offering that we are taking to market. THe project represented a challenging aggregation of messaging from across a large area of our practice that required messaging consolidation.

What do you like best?

Walker Sands took a very methodical approach, interviewing countless contacts within our business to gain a comprehensive understanding to enable a successful delivery of the project. i appreciated their up front honestly in the scope of work document, the weekly (or more frequent) checkpoint meetings and the commitment to a level of detail that was fundamentally required for our project.

What do you dislike?

the process perhaps took a little longer than we had originally hoped and scoped for however this was due to a mutually agreed upon expansion of scope rather than a shortcoming on anyone's part. i am confident that if our timelines were less flexible at the time that we would have tracked to it without issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

would recommend; WS was a creative group of resources with a very professional approach

"Invaluable Partner "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Ongoing public relations & communications (media relations, content and communications strategy)

What do you like best?

Our account team takes a Partner approach that is invaluable. They are always looking for new ways to make our lives easier and drive a higher ROI. They have proven expertise in our industry and have worked with a few of our partners in the past. Additionally, they are very hard workers - always available and flexible which is incredibly valuable. Walker sands is the best vendor/partner I've worked with in my career.

What do you dislike?

They come in at a higher price point that the average PR agency, but you most certainly get what you pay for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more time you invest in your account team, the more valuable they will be.

Walker Sands review by Manager/Operations in Internet
Manager/Operations in Internet

"A talented agency for the digital world"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

For the past year I have spearheaded our relationship with Walker Sands and they have done terrific work. We work in a high volume model and we regularly push the envelope with our requests for assistance. Walker Sands has always stepped up to the plate and delivered some terrific work. From media placements, to professional counsel, or written content, Walker Sands has produced some very high level work.

What do you like best?

The team at Walker Sands has embraced our company and our culture. Their team has quickly learned to embrace us and speak our language. And their team is loaded with self-starters. I don't have to say "go" every time, they jump right in with the work that they know will be valued by our company. Our team should also be commended for always searching for additional pitch topics. They don't wait for me to come to them with ideas, instead they bring ideas to me. This is particularly impressive when you understand that our company provides a unique service in the tech industry. It is not easy to anticipate what we do, it requires thought and effort, which these guys provide regularly.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes are very few. The only thing that is slightly challenging is that the team dedicated to our work is split between Chicago and SF, which can make for some timing challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WS is currently a tech specific shop, be sure you are looking to work in the tech industry before contacting WS. However if they expand their offering, don't hesitate.

Walker Sands review by Manager/Operations in Information Technology and Services
Manager/Operations in Information Technology and Services

"Far Exceeded Expectations"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Securing media placements for our new company.

What do you like best?

We are a tech company with a totally new product and needed some help getting word out / educating people about the problem we solve and our solution. Initially, we hired both WS and another firm (both contracts were on very similar terms). WS so far outpaced the other firm in terms of number and quality of placements that we soon dropped the other firm and went exclusively with WS. The results have been far better than we expected. And even though lead generation was not a goal of our engagement with WS, ultimately the placements WS procured have generated some valuable leads.

What do you dislike?

There was a warm-up period where I had to spend a bit more time than desired editing the content they generated. This was equally the case with the other firm we hired though, and has gotten better over time as the relationship progresses.

Walker Sands review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Working with a dedicated team"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands is responsible for all of our Public Relations activity for 1WorldSync. They play an integral role in our media presence through advanced media outreach, press releases, byline opportunities and overall brand awareness activities.

What do you like best?

The best part about the Walker Sands team is they act as an extension of our in-house marketing team. They are always eager to help on projects outside of the scope and offering ways to expand our relationship to compliment our existing initiatives.

What do you dislike?

At times I wish I had more hours in our retainer, but outside of that nothing of note.

Walker Sands review by Andrei U.
Andrei U.

"Great experience"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

WS has helped us take our PR program to the next level. They put together a solid strategy and were great at executing it, meeting and exceeding our expectations.

What do you like best?

Very tight execution. If something has been agreed upon, you can count on it being done on time.

What do you dislike?

Little slow initial learning curve. Took them about 3 months to really get the ball rolling, but after that initial period WS has been very impressive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive PR firm. Perfect for mid-sized companies.

Walker Sands review by Project Team Member
Project Team Member

"Great service!"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I am able to make all the graphics I want for use in media and share them with people.

What do you like best?

i like that I can talk to anyone in the company and they can help me in their own unique way with their personal skills and experience

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything thus far I have truly been blown away by this company and they exceed all my expectations

Sharing and data

Walker Sands review by Project Manager in Information Technology and Services
Project Manager in Information Technology and Services

"Not just a PR firm, a true partner"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We partnered with WS on an effort that included traditional PR, digital and content. The team was amazing, always went above and beyond, and consistently delivered above our expectations.

What do you like best?

The team was definitely the best part. They were smart, attentive and delivered in alignment with our goals and objectives. It was a partnership in all respects and the WS team was like an extension of our own.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to get their team up to speed on our messaging, value props, etc. but I think that is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a true PR and media partner, WS is the one.

Walker Sands review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Extremely knowledgeable technology PR"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

B2B owned and earned media program for technology startup.

What do you like best?

We're in a highly technical B2B space, and the Walker Sands team quickly grasped our business and our message, making our leadership immediately comfortable working with them. They were able to start delivery results nearly immediately and offer great suggestions and new ideas that support our goals. A valued partner to our business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike in the five months I've been working with them.

"Solid PR agency"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Ongoing public relations - mainly media outreach

What do you like best?

Great understanding of PR metrics and how to present these metrics, something many PR agencies have difficulty showing.

What do you dislike?

Seem a little myopic with byline opps, when asked to provide something outside of the usual byline opportunity, but still within PR scope, they seem to struggle with execution a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A couple of items that were requests weren't completed to task, whether WS team didn't understand or disagreed with direction was not very clear.

Walker Sands review by Bridgette F.
Bridgette F.

"Wonderful Media Training Experience"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Before my media training session, my media experience was limited and I was facing an on-air interview on a major news network. Walker Sands’ well-versed media strategists walked me through the entire process, coaching me on my delivery and body language and teaching me the right strategies to make sure I was camera-ready. The training really helped me as a public-facing non-profit executive -- and since we prepped so well in advance, the interview was a breeze! It was a fun experience with a talented team that was great to work with. I believe the skills they coached me through I will be able to take forward beyond this interview in future public speaking engagements and media opportunities. Thank you, Walker Sands!

What do you like best?

The overall training was very helpful. Practicing the interview and being able to view the practice tape and try again was the portion of the training I found the most valuable.

What do you dislike?

There was not a portion of the training that I disliked.

Walker Sands review by Manager/Operations in Commercial Real Estate
Manager/Operations in Commercial Real Estate

"Former Walker Sands Client"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands supported public relations, social media and corporate communications for my former company. As part of that, they also led the development of a ground-breaking and award-winning brand journalism site that was a pleasure to work with them on.

What do you like best?

Collaboration around our brand journalism site was the most enjoyable and rewarding part of our relationship. Walker Sands led much of the ideation and content development and did so with high-quality, punctual work. With the site, and their work in general, they always brought fresh, new ideas to the table and understood our business well.

What do you dislike?

Securing top-tier media coverage was something we collectively strived for but were only able to achieve a handful of times. I wish we would have been more successful in that effort.

Walker Sands review by Kelly J.
Kelly J.

"Professional, Personalized, First-Rate Experience – Incredible Results"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

WalkerSands has been working with Chicago Tech Academy over the past few months to support our PR efforts.

What do you like best?

Innovative, Personalized Approach to Solving our Needs

What do you dislike?

WalkerSands exceeded all of our expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WalkerSands has the network, credibility, integrity and expert staff needed to surpass your expectations and drive results.

Walker Sands review by Manager/Operations in Computer Software
Manager/Operations in Computer Software

"Professional and Hard-Working "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

At every point of engagement, Walker Sands has been professional and easy to work with. They always meet deadlines and hustle to go that extra mile. I felt that they confidently understood the industry and our place within it and were able to communicate our messaging accordingly. Their team of writers are phenomenal, producing high-quality writing with a fast turn around. Overall we were very pleased with our interaction and would recommend to other startups.

What do you like best?

There are a lot of reasons I like Walker Sands, but mostly it was their professionalism and amazing writing skills.

What do you dislike?

There were very few things I disliked about Walker Sands but first that comes to mind is the time difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Walker Sands is the best choice if you want a firm that works to get you the very best and knows the tech/retail space.

Walker Sands review by Marisa M.
Marisa M.

"Wonderful company "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

A wonderful company that provides quality work

What do you like best?

The company’s customer service is second to none

What do you dislike?

The company website should be a little more user friendly

Walker Sands review by Project Manager in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Project Manager in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"One no the best! "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Completely useful. Easy to use, the best

What do you like best?

Always helpful to what I always need. One of a kind. Every time I have a project is really good for everything I want and need.

What do you dislike?

Woul like to be faster. Sometimes I can't reach total productivity because of this little issue

Walker Sands review by Project Team Member in Marketing and Advertising
Project Team Member in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesome Team with Innovative, Integrated Ideas"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Year-round PR agency to help with content creation, pitching.

What do you like best?

I appreciate the collaborative nature in which in-house PR works with Walker Sands to generate and execute ideas.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the team is very communicative. If there is something to be improved, it's discussed.

Walker Sands review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Understands complicated business, knows what they are doing"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Walker Sands provides PR services for our agency.

What do you like best?

Their contacts, their expertise and know how and ability to get access to reporters where others may not provide that access

What do you dislike?

Walker Sands is a terrific agency and I would work with them anytime!

"Extremely Creative Team"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Better use of our website to develop a stronger digital online brand with digital marketing.

What do you like best?

The teamwork, as a client we feel valued by the entire team.

What do you dislike?

Distance make meeting in persona more difficult, but we manage just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A growing firm that contains a wealth of talent.

Walker Sands review by Partner
Partner

"Committed to Excellence"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

PR messaging development, Thought Leader development, active pitching, social media posts

What do you like best?

The level of service and attention, flexibility, quality and quantity of content produced, overall professionalism.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing so far that hasn't met or exceeded expectations!

Walker Sands review by Analyst/Journalist
Analyst/Journalist

"PR for fast-growing compsnies"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We rely on Walker Sands to send great interview leads to our show on WGN Radio.

What do you like best?

A very well run organization with a team that understands both media and marketing.

What do you dislike?

PR agents all tend to lord over their contacts a little too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They’re a top tier agency.

Walker Sands review by Project Team Member in Internet
Project Team Member in Internet

"Professionalism at its best"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

In my experience working with them (~1 year), Walker Sands has consistently impressed. They regularly bring new ideas to the table and secure top-tier coverage. As the company I work for has grown over the past year, WS has scaled their efforts to reflect our new and improved goals.

What do you like best?

The team that we work with is truly second-to-none. They are an extremely motivated and talented group of individuals.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike. WS continues to exceed expectations.

Learn more about Walker Sands

Walker Sands Videos

Learning about Walker Sands?

* We monitor all Walker Sands reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8