TinyTake

TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is ideally suited for anyone who is doing online customer support, customer documentation, educational videos or just want's to take the hassle out of capturing screenshots. TinyTake makes the whole process of capturing or recording super easy & fast.

Work for TinyTake?

Learning about TinyTake?

TinyTake Reviews

Ask TinyTake a Question
Showing 14 TinyTake reviews
TinyTake review by User in Warehousing
User in Warehousing

"Extremely lightweight, simple video recorder that does exactly what I need it for"

What do you like best?

-Global Hotkey so that I can start quick recording any time

-Videos are saved in the cloud rather than only local copies

-Record both video and sound, for free, without any watermarking

-Easy URL creation so that I can attach videos to stories, or I can save local copies (which is what most editors do, but isn't ideal)

What do you dislike?

-The only complaint I can come up with is that 'Cntrl R' default hotkey for start/stop recording has thrown me for a loop a few times, being that I use this hotkey to refresh the browser I am recording without thinking about it (causing video to start and stop)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't anything I was able to find on the market that I could use to capture quick, simple videos with less than a few seconds of overhead

-Great for recapping problematic software issues with UI

-Also great for user training videos

-Meeting Recordings

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TinyTake
TinyTake review by Bryon S.
Bryon S.

"Such POWER in a "tiny" package..."

What do you like best?

The flexibility of using the keyboard shortcuts to do a quick copy/paste job; or launch it right into an editor for annotation. Automatically saving to cloud (or local) storage based on account settings. I do not use the video capture as frequently as the screen capture, but it's super simple to use when needed. The number of features for FREE.

What do you dislike?

Default keyboard shortcut for the video capture easy to press when trying to forward emails via Outlook... "fat finger" is on my side though; not the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn all the keyboard shortcuts.

Screen capture with annotation (boxes, arrows, text) allow me to quickly add visual queues to support tickets I am logging for our development team. The ability to quickly record a section of my monitor including mouse movement for more difficult to explain bugs/tasks greatly reduces questions.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

TinyTake review by Jeremy B.
Jeremy B.

"TinyTake makes screen capturing easy"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to capture image or video of your screen by using TinyTake and it's advanced features.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more capabilities such as automatically uploading captured footage directly to various hosting sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you are needing an app for video and image capture directly from your screen, this is a very good option and probably one of the best in the industry.

I'm solving the ability to capture things on my screen to be able to demonstrate to clients and employees what they need to do.

TinyTake review by yegon k.
yegon k.

"Screen capturing couldn't be easier"

What do you like best?

I like how fast it launches, this normally come in handy when I need to capture something quickly. I also like the annotation feature which I usually use to add emphasis and explanations to captures that I'm going to use in a report. Another thing I like about TinyTake is the fact that I can compress captured videos before I store them.

What do you dislike?

TinyTake has served me well and I haven't really found anything to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TinyTake is a very useful software with handy features. It is easy to use, user-friendly and free.

It has a helped me in capturing screen shots to use in my reports.

TinyTake review by Ernesto C.
Ernesto C.

"Tiny Take "

What do you like best?

you can log in into your youtube account and view your videos, easy to drag your files from your pc and download, sharing your files is made easy as well.

What do you dislike?

download time sometimes lags don't know if its an issue with the software or my p.c

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it might solve some file sharing issues and you can upload training videos with ease and share with co-workers

well, it helped me share my personal training videos with colleagues, file sharing and its not a bad thing to share my youtube videos while I work.

TinyTake review by User

"TinyTake does a screen-capture Big Job"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use with multiple capture options including video, has cloud save capability as well as local, and they have a free version.

What do you dislike?

Its really funky to install on a secured, networked platform. And I would suggest the create an un-boxed text annotation capability - if you make the box stroke the same color as the box background, the text disappears since it uses the same stroke color. Skitch does this part better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need to get IT involved in installation - I did. Also the free version will only take 5 minute video clips then automatically shuts off. If you need to take longer ones, the subscription is probably worthwhile.

capturing screens for commenting on web pages during development and update processes.

TinyTake review by Aditi B.
Aditi B.

"Very simple, free and reliable app!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and export files! It's very user-friendly and quick.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I disliked about it. It's really good and it's a free app. I'm a student so I rely on these.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good application which is simple to use, provides good results and can be used for free.

I wanted to record my screen to use as a video to post that content on social media.

TinyTake review by Danh N.
Danh N.

"A very stable, easy to use screen capture"

What do you like best?

It's easy to install, user and upload the screen capture to cloud to save or share.

What do you dislike?

The video recording for free is limited to 5 minutes

I use this tool daily for my working when need to visualize the thing to my partner

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

I loved being able to screen grab, annotate and then pass in to superiors to review and assist with internal problems/issues/codings

What do you dislike?

No dislikes this was very helpful and came in handy when trying to explain things to other associates

Being able to isolate a screen and annotate and have other associates review with all the pertinent information right there. This was especially helpful when trying to figure out if general ledger entries were applied to the correct accounts

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Simple instructions and simple graphics I like that it stays on my tool bar. Very easy to upload videos to youtube. Very easy to send to customers as well.

What do you dislike?

The video does not shut off automatically

Showing customers how to work through a process in our software

TinyTake review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great for prospecting"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed using this to quickly record the software tool's I was selling. Was a easy way to give your prospect an inside look at the tool.

What do you dislike?

I used the free version, so it had some limitations.

The main problem was our visual PDF's of our tools were not enough for some prospects. Certain prospects of mine are more engaged with video. They would much rather watch a 1-2 minute video than read a sell sheet.

TinyTake review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Photo taking "

What do you like best?

TinyTake is a free screen capture & video

What do you dislike?

The price is too much it’s needs to be lowered

Anyone who is doing online customer support, customer documentation, educational videos, sharing screenshots can use TinyTake to capture/record and make the whole process very easy & effective.

TinyTake review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"TinyTake"

What do you like best?

It captures photos fast and videos are recorded with good quality.

What do you dislike?

The photos aren’t always the best quality

I’m able to capture screens quickly and respond to my colleagues in a timely manner

TinyTake review by User in Computer Software

"Great Software for screenshots and video"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to take screenshots and videos and have them save locally or cloud based.

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything I dislike about it.

Ease of documenting issues with screenshots or videos.

Learning about TinyTake?

* We monitor all TinyTake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.