What do you like best?
- Polyglot storage capabilities
- Modelling abstractions
- Data federation/Virtualisation
- Phenomenal support for existing ABAP application, easy migration
What do you dislike?
- Stability - system can crash when overloaded with the complex calculation
- Resources management very basic
- Tooling still not most mature: debugging and testing still not most advanced
- Integration with Solution Manager and standard SAP environment processes proved to be problematic
- Lack of efficient mechanism for migration of reference data between environments,
Recommendations to others considering the product:
- Consider sourcing options, some major integrators still lack skills, although they claim experience, most of it is in the context of BW on HANA, not easily transferable when developing custom applications, look for software engineering skills as a differentiator
- Consider your existing SAP landscape, especially in the context of UI, do not attempt to scope in too much in one go
- NetWeaver for HANA adds plentiful of capabilities making it easy to build custom functionality with existing skillset
- Consider security models, NetWeaver can help with that, as it provides seamless integration with the SAP security model, whereas built in HANA security does not integrate that easily
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Processing data near-real time as they arrive provides faster business and analytical cycles
- Significant reduction of errors in the process and elimination of costly rework through increased transparency of data dependent outcomes