Quill

3.2

Quill is a free, open source WYSIWYG editor built for the modern web. With its extensible architecture and a expressive API you can completely customize it to fulfill your needs.

Work for Quill?

Learning about Quill?

Compare Quill to Similar Solutions

Quill Reviews

Showing 6 Quill reviews
Quill review by Santos R.
Santos R.

"Quill Review"

What do you like best?

Customizability for the user to be able to conform the software to their needs. Specifically, the GUI is designed in a very accessible way and mirrors modern UX/UD features. Would like to see how this compares to other text editors as an open source and what plug-ins industry people are trying out.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more in regards to plugins so a dedicated person in the backend of things may be duly responsible for developing more sources and highlighting these sources to potential users with the marketing team. I feel an opensource start up like this needs to be hellbent on its actual usability as well as output. The guides are decent but they definitely need more examples of what they can offer. AWS is a neat company to work with on this and maybe someone spearheading some more with them could really get Quill in the game. All depends of course if people truly want to have something great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's a cool intro product that offers high impact customizability.

I don't use quill myself, but it seems like something I'm going to start using more so in developing my project for Iowa City government to aid users fighting homelessness. I see a few things in Quill that after my cognitive walkthroughs with business partners seem implementable with Quill. I would definitely love to some more implementations of how people have used quill.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Quill
Quill review by Melissa P.
Melissa P.

"Quill - almost awesome."

What do you like best?

I do appreciate the individualized attention each student receives through the assessment tool and guided practice.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the lessons cannot be printed out. I have students that cannot work well on a screen due to the blue light and had a hard time working for any length of time on quill due to that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage other users to see the benefit of individualized instruction and to work with their students on building stamina online.

Individualized instruction is always difficult in a mixed ability class. I have seen huge progress with the students that are able to use quill. They receive reinforcement, encouragement, and instruction on difficult grammar tasks.

What WYSIWYG Editors solution do you use?

Quill review by User in Internet

"Very good editor with a great API and awesome customizability."

What do you like best?

I really liked the customizability of the UI and the ability to easily provide custom control panels. The API out-of-the-box provides many cutting-edge features such as multiple cursor support.

What do you dislike?

The main issue we came across was the HTML output that we would get from Quill. We required our final HTML to use <p> tags rather than the <div> tags that Quill generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting on a new project Quill will likely be a great choice for you. In our circumstance, we had millions of existing pieces of content that did not load as we needed it to which is why we ended up going with a different solution.

We were looking to replace our previous writing experience with one that supported a modern visual design and would allow us to implement our future plans to support rich-media and multiple simultaneous writers.

Quill review by Darion W.
Darion W.

"An easily implemented rich text editor for the web"

What do you like best?

Quill is great for web developers who want to implement a rich text editor for the web. I liked that it could be configured to support advanced features but could also be used as a basic editor for things like forum posts, comments, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other popular rich text editors (e.g. ckeditor), quill doesn't have quite the community support in the form of plugins.

I used quill for a blogging platform that I built. It was trivial to implement and it supported all of the rich text editing features I needed. My alternative was using a markdown editor so having true, rich text editing makes it easier for users who don't want to learn markdown.

Quill review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Light and easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

Easy installation and clean code. Interactions feel fluid and a nice light experience. Demoes and guides are excellent. Definitely my favourite text editor out there.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike and we haven’t run into any issues.

We needed a light and usable text editor that was easy to integrate into our system.

Quill review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Quillin’"

What do you like best?

Quill allows me to simplify what I need to get done with my small business.

What do you dislike?

At this time I haven’t found anything I strongly dislike about Quill.

My time is one thing it is helping me solve with Quill and that is always hand in hand with a benefit!

Learning about Quill?

* We monitor all Quill reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Quill to Similar Solutions