Pocket

4.7

Pocket is an application that allows users to save and retrieve documents and videos from websites.

Work for Pocket?

Learning about Pocket?

Pocket Reviews

Showing 19 Pocket reviews
Harry M. S.

"An excellent application to save all types of content."

What do you like best?

One of my favorite applications, which I always use on my devices, I tend to be one of those people, who want to read everything they find on the internet, something like a chain reader, but unfortunately, I do not always have the time to read everything what I want, when I want it, so pocket is my salvation, I can save all the content I want in this application, to review it and read it later, which becomes a trunk of articles for me, something like my personalized library of what I want to read on the web, it is also ideal to save other types of content, such as videos from YouTube, or posts from a particular website.

What do you dislike?

Well, something that one expects from this type of applications, is that they do not always stay with the same thing, but somehow, surprise you, and one day or another, you will have the application and find something new, but with pocket this does not happen For a long time, during the last years, the application has always maintained its main function, I would like you to make some agreement with some magazines or newspapers in particular, and become a library of articles that one finds in these newspapers, but creating a special category, as I do not know, the most important science and technology news of the last week, which has been written in the most important newspapers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no other application that has the features that present pocket, it is as if you had your own personalized library on the web.

This for me has become a personal library where I can create categories and organize in my own way, all the content that I want to see later, this helps me to have always fresh content, for the development of new ideas and the implementation of new content, on the websites that I'm working on.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Pocket
Nicolle Cindy B.

"The best organizer for constant readers. "

What do you like best?

Pocket is the perfect tool to put order in the vortex of information that we are subjected to every day. Through an extension in our internet browser, or simply sharing the news of our interest with the app on our smartphone, Pocket allows us to save to read then all those articles of our interest that we do not have time to read at the moment. The articles are stored in a list of easy access and we can read them both in the app itself and making the leap to the media in which they have been published.

What do you dislike?

Pocket is without a doubt one of my favorite applications, it is simply incredible, so to say something negative about it is quite difficult, I would only add as a constructive criticism the fact that they improved the structure in the order and search engine of the articles that we have saved, so as not to waste time looking for one in particular.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si necesitas una alternativa mejor a los marcadores para guardar tus paginas y articulos favoritos o si simplemente eres una persona muy ocupada que a veces no le da tiempo de terminar sus lecturas, Pocket es el candidato ideal, una plataforma diseñada para todos los que estamos diariamente en una lectura constante entre pagina y pagina, Pocket nos facilita completamente guardar todas nuestras cosas favoritas para leerlas despues.

Pocket has organized in a fascinating way my favorite articles or relevant information for my work, sometimes I am simply reading something, I do not have time to finish it and I add it to Pocket to read it later, it is a simple and very versatile platform, very useful in personal life as a professional.

What Bookmark Manager solution do you use?

Katharine L.

"Better than having a zillion open tabs!"

What do you like best?

I use Pocket to organize things I'd like to come back to, instead of keeping them all as open tabs in my browser so I don't forget about them. I can set tags for the things I save, so I can save everything from blog post ideas to recipes I want to make.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app only saves part of an article, which means I have to pull the full thing up on the website. It provides a link at least, but it would be annoying if I were offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to download the app on all your devices, so that you can view and save from whatever device you're currently on.

As a writer, I often come across thing I want to read later, or that spark ideas for blog posts, articles, or stories. Pocket gives me a place to save and organize them rather than keeping them all up as open tabs in my browser.

Emma G.

"A useful tool for lovers of being informed"

What do you like best?

This type of applications are very interesting for the journalistic guild. Throughout the day we consulted hundreds of pages that keep us informed of the last hours around the world. However, many times we are left half of a report or interview because there are much more urgent things. What to do at that moment? Pocket gives you the solution.

This application allows you to save all the web pages you want to read offline. Thus, when we have free time we can resume reading those articles without leaving them in oblivion.

What do you dislike?

There is practically no bad thing to say about this application, since it fulfills the function for which it was created, in addition to being very versatile and simple to susar, I would only add the option of being able to place my own personal labels to the articles that have been my favorites, it would be a very useful option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A todas las personas que lleven una vida excesivamente agitada y les gusta leer, o estar al tanto de todo lo que sucede en el mundo, pero no todas las veces le da tiempo de hacerlo, les recomiendo encarecidamente esta aplicacion, para almacenar y guardae articulos de su interes.

It is fantastic when saving articles that I am going to be constantly using to extract information and so when I am free to look for the article or the web page that we have liked and without any problem we revise or resume the reading.

Triloky M.

"One of the best bookmark manager around"

What do you like best?

It saves me from having to go through pile of bookmarks manually by saving them in interactive UI. The things can disappear whenever you are finished with them. It has some added advantages over traditional bookmarks in searching. It offers personalized feeds for related content that I may be interested in which gives some interesting articles. It's plugin is easily integrated with most famous browsers.

What do you dislike?

It has not much to dislike, as it is very simple and to the point. However it needs to give a fascinating search option for bookmarks with complex filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a must have bookmark manager if you are interested in user interface and ease of finding content for continued reading.

I am using it for the track control on my reads. Whenever I love something on internet and I don't have time to complete it, I just keep it my Pocket for future. I love using it on the go from multiple devices by using the sync option.

Jonathan R.

"Great way to save and organize links and articles"

What do you like best?

Pocket makes it easy to save interesting links and articles for later, as well as organize them however you want. I'm particularly fond of the chrome extension that lets you just click and save wherever you are. I prefer it over bookmarks because those are already crowded with sites I use everyday, pocket lets me keep the content I consume for personal or entertainment use separate.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with pocket so far. Pocket does exactly what it sells itself to be capable of, and is an all-around great tool, for business or professional uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend to anybody to give Pocket a try, both for personal and business uses. You can keep everything separate so there's no confusion. It's a no-brainer to try!

Pocket is designed for organization, and does this extremely well. With their tag system as well as separating different media types, it becomes even easier to discover what you're looking for.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"Put"

What do you like best?

This serves just like name, put everything in pocket and take it out when you need it. It enhances productivity many fold. It is just like bookmark but much better as you have to manually delete bookmarks as they are permanent but the items in pocket are temporary as long as you want to read them. There are plenty other options such as the checking of progress. It is supported on mobile as well as PC.

What do you dislike?

The lists can be huge sometimes and there are no proper filters to go through list as I want to. It is also not a unique idea but as it matures it can give many new things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is just an alternative to bookmarks but better.

I have started using pocket to save my future reads in it. It has acted as me saver when my reading has to interrupt in between and I don't have to go through all my bookmarks. It has better look and it is very simple to use.

Benjamin E. J.

"One of the Best Reading List Managers"

What do you like best?

Pocket is easy to use and sits right there on my toolbar until I need it. I also like that Pocket suggests other articles based on my own additions.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of any problems with Pocket.

Between research for work, general web browsing, and several newsletters, it can be difficult to remain on task when another article catches my eye. To remain focused is paramount, but I'd also like to be able to read something later. Pocket is the perfect addition to my browser so I can catch up on interesting topics when I'm not on the clock!

User in International Affairs

"Pocket is a fantastic tool for curating the best of the internet"

What do you like best?

I love that Pocket recommends relevant articles to me based on my previous listing. It's an awesome tool for saving what you'd like to read... a lot of times I'll just browse for articles to save for later which I think sometimes amounts to a library outpacing my reading.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't add my own personal tags to my recommended articles - as in it would be very helpful to be able to search for topics I'm interested in like Christian Living, Autonomous Vehicles, International Relations, Productivity, etc.

Currently, Pocket provides an opportunity for R&R. It is an "infinity pool" in that the refresh means I can waste however much time I want on the service. Benefits are that I have great curated articles to read - a lot of learning to do.

Millman T.

"Bookmarking Tool with a Difference"

What do you like best?

It offers a collaborative workspace with a special focus on privacy. It syncs well with other applications and various devices. Pocket remembers the item you have previously read or viewed and archives them accordingly. It is amazing

What do you dislike?

I think it has everything, even a mailing option. There is perhaps always room for improvement, but I think they are doing just fine

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pocket manages your bookmark like no other. Try it now

I use Pocket for all my bookmarking solutions. It manages my bookmarks well for me and it saves me so much stress

"Little hand to your content curation process"

What do you like best?

I like having the possibility of saving interesting articles for later and access them on my computer, phone, tablet or web. The inside features are also interesting, allowing you to organize your saved links, tag them, a very friendly interface for reading the articles too. The web-based version also recommends new content based on your saved items. Great help for curious people and content curators.

What do you dislike?

I miss a notifications system that notifies the user periodically (daily, weekly...) how many saved items during the time period.

Content curation especially. There is a need to be on top of trends and news, and also, to manage the overload of information and Pocket definitely helps that.

UP
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great Tool for decluttering your online time"

What do you like best?

I love that the tool allows you to save articles you find online in one easy place to refer back to. I am notorious for opening a million tabs and then leaving them open even when I am done because the information I found there was useful and I might want to refer back to it. Needless to say I rarely do but I still don't close the tabs leading to a very cluttered window.

What do you dislike?

Getting setup and learning the site was difficult and although I could manage my way around, it was not intuitive.

As I said above I always leave my work window cluttered with a multitude of tabs. By having pocket I have minimized the amount of tabs that I have open on my computer and have a much easier time finding those sites and articles that were helpful when I do need them again or want a refresher on something that was said.

Kayleigh D.

"Pocket review"

What do you like best?

Good way to store articles to read offline (like when you're stuck on the subway underground with no service).

What do you dislike?

Kinda wish there was a way to sort by length, i.e. articles that take 20+ minutes to read vs. 5 minutes, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to use and is a lifesaver in a variety of situations (from being stuck on the subway to social situations where you don't want to interact with people and need a reason to look busy on your phone). Highly recommend.

It's a good way to bookmark things to read/share later and they're always accessible since you don't need to be online to read them.

"Fantastic tool to bookmark links"

What do you like best?

Cross-platform and browser plugins means I can save no matter where I'm browsing and retrieve anywhere. I often bookmark links on my phone to retrieve at work or vice versa. Very useful tool for anyone looking to research or save information over time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't faced any issues -- it just works.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to utilize the phone app, browser extension and desktop tools and use tags throughout for optimal use.

Gathering research for professional development and industry articles and saving them in one place to be found later.

"Pocket Review"

What do you like best?

I love having a way to save articles I encounter on the web for later.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the user experience can we a little wonky. It's not always easy and seamless to save the article and occasionally the article hasn't been fully loaded, so when I'm on the train without service I can't bring up the article.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth using to help store and save articles and reading material of interest.

Pocket helps me save information relevant to my work so I can be more informed.

"I love pocket for keeping track of all my articles"

What do you like best?

I love the simple interface for reading. It's simple and allows you to focus.

What do you dislike?

Really, nothing, I truly love this program, it's one of my favorite apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly I love this application, Pocket is one of my favorite apps of all time. I love how I can organize all my articles by tags and keep them around for anytime I need to deep dive into research.

It's fantastic for research with the tags system and ability to search through the articles.

"Nice and Brilliant"

What do you like best?

It guarantees nice features and great organizational capabilities. Pocket is user-friendly and incredibly fun to work with. I love using pocket. It also organizes my bookmarks in a way I have never really seen. It gives me unfettered access to my favorite links and tabs whenever I need to access them.

What do you dislike?

Pocket is an amazing bookmark manager. It is easy to work with. It is also affordable. I don't dislike any of its features

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An easy way to save contents for future access.

We now get full and easy access to our favorite tabs whenever we need to acess them. We can also access them on any device that possess an internet connection.

"Brilliant Bookmark Manager"

What do you like best?

Pocket is a brilliant bookmark manager. With pocket, it has become very easy to save links, video and relevant articles for later use. It is user-friendly flexible as you can operate it with any device. It is also really easy to use

What do you dislike?

Once I tried Pocket, I fell in love with it. I am yet to discover any blemish on the platform for now

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I tried some bookmark management tools in the part. I can frankly tell you that none is quite like Pocket

It has become incredibly easy to save online contents for later use. It also offers a wide array of bookmark management and suggested links relevant to my likes

"Pocket is good to have"

What do you like best?

Pocket is a good product for our entire company to use for better communication

What do you dislike?

Some of our older people have difficulty understanding how to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure everyone can buy in on using it

Better communication with all parties, especially with many site offices

Learning about Pocket?

* We monitor all Pocket reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.