Idealist

Idealist is a platform that help people find jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities with nonprofit organizations.

Work for Idealist?

Learning about Idealist?

Idealist Reviews

Showing 16 Idealist reviews
Idealist review by Dr. April M.
Dr. April M.

"Great Platform for Philanthropic Ventures but Might Be Overshadowed by Large Job Search Sites"

What do you like best?

The mission of Idealist ensures that the posters and the seekers are aligned with a mission to make the world better. Essentially, this is a job/internship/volunteer finding site for organizations wanting to improve society. It has a clean interface and is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

After posting several jobs on the site, I do not get comparable traction as compared to main stream job postin sites. I think they need more marketing to promote the site and increase their client base. They do post how many people, jobs, and opportunities are currently available and the numbers sound like a lot, but is relatively low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this with the hopes of finding the right candidates, but I wouldn't stop posting on main stream sites.

We are trying to hire people who have a heart for children, providing an equitable education to all students, and to improve the community in which we live in. We have not actually made any offers to people who have applied to Idealist, mainly because I may have received less than 10 applicants to several jobs. But, we continue to post on here in hopes that someone with the heart we are looking for will apply and be qualified.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Idealist
Idealist review by raul l.
raul l.

"Find the staff you require for your company."

What do you like best?

I love this page because it allows me to request those young people who are just graduated and have all their potential to develop it in the company, it also allows me to visualize the courses and opportunities that are presented around the world in a simple and fast way.

What do you dislike?

The page is not very popular for students, it would be good to give more publicity to the page to increase its followers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for those companies that are always actively looking for personnel because it is very simple to use, does not generate expenses, its interface is very friendly.

It allows me to publish employment opportunities so that people who wish to work in the company will find it easier to apply according to the company's requirement, it is a very simple page to manage, it is free which helps you to reduce expenses.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Idealist review by User in Higher Education

"Idealist Excellent Resource for Volunteer Work "

What do you like best?

I have used Idealist to look for volunteer work , I found the website very helpful and rich in resources , it matches volunteers and organizations worldwide. I used to be a volunteer at Amnesty international , I like volunteer work and I use Idealist to find organization that need volunteers in my area or virtual volunteers and can benefit from my skills . The platform is very easy to use , in addition of volunteering opportunities, there is more than 5000 jobs to apply to and hundreds of internships available.

What do you dislike?

While it is free for users Idealistic charges organization to post jobs on the site , a review of pricing may be needed .

I think the platform is very helpful for my students to look for available volunteering or internship opportunities.

Idealist review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great source for jobs and volunteer opportunities"

What do you like best?

The website is useful for posting and searching for job and volunteer opportunities. I liked how there is a salary option that one can view how much one would get paid.

What do you dislike?

From a posting standpoint, at the time, internships could be posted for free, but paid positions had to be paid for. I'm not sure if that has changed since 2010, but from a small non-profit organization, paying for a job posting wasn't something we could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a job or are posting a job in the non-profit sector, this is a great website for that.

I found jobs through this website, but also from an organizational standpoint I have used it to advertise openings at my organization.

Idealist review by Yamini N.
Yamini N.

"Tool to make the world a much better place to live in"

What do you like best?

I like that its available in various languages and can be used in differed types of organizations

What do you dislike?

It is relatively new and does not cover various types of profit companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to understand the usage and accessibility as you sign up

It has helped post all sorts of listings for instance jobs, internship or volunteer activities. I have realized its easy to access data with things posted online and its easy to understand and very reliable. Its also not expensive since signing up is free and in bulk posting is more affordable than other sites

Idealist review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Great for Non-Profits!"

What do you like best?

I like that Idealist is a database focused on opportunities to make a difference in the world and to connect the seekers (idealists) focused on such opportunities. I like the simplicity of the website, the search filters, and the various resources available to volunteers and grad school students.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across any dislikes with the site. Initially, had a challenge with registering several years ago, as a representative stated that my EIN was not registering with their database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beneficial for nonprofits and nontraditional businesses.

Personally, allows me to search for opportunities to serve the community and professionally, it allows the chance to provide opportunities to the demographics that would be the most interested, versus the traditional job sites.

Idealist review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"As you’d expect "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and intuitive platform. As an employer, efficiency in the hiring process is always welcomed and idealist delivers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike, although I would like to see a way to better connect with diverse applicant pools.

With so many similar programs, we are looking to share our postings by any means necessary. Idealists extensive network allows for us to tap into many markets.

Idealist review by User

"Amazing Culture - Decent Nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Idealist always hires some of intelligent, smartest people in the world. It is a perfect non profit organization where people are outstanding and hard working. You will get a lots of freedom to be productive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of technical direction is one of the cons if Idealist. Surprisingly, work was unfulfilling. Also, they should care on their customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a place to connect with Millions, Idealist is the best choice for you.

It helps to find the best opportunity to change the world. HR is terrific and are always to ready to hire terrific people.

Idealist review by Erin R.
Erin R.

"Idealist - A Good Platform for Education"

What do you like best?

The community, the platform is easy to use/easy to view.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize for your requirements (ex- better ATS, weeding out of candidates, etc.)

Being able to post our job openings to those who are interested in working for non-profits.

This allowed us to have a non-profit job board, exclusive to those who were looking for non-profit opportunities.

Idealist review by Kirk M.
Kirk M.

"Great resource to find non-profit and govt. work "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, able to search by city or by state, the job descriptions are laid out well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that aren't more postings on the site. I wish more non-profits and organizations utilized idealist.

It's a go to source for myself and coworkers to find volunteer work.

Idealist review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Its been a while - but enjoyed this tool"

What do you like best?

Exposure to a very specialized market and across a variety of functions

What do you dislike?

nothing specific that I can recall...of course it would be great to have more volume

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should be a go to for any large ngo etc

Idealist review by Joanna R.
Joanna R.

"Global networking"

What do you like best?

Networking for connecting millions of idealist for opportunities to volunteer or intern. Easy to search and navigate using search criteria and location.

What do you dislike?

There is no filter to see search results by most recently posted.

To search for opportunities in my area for my company to be involved with.l

Idealist review by User

"Helped us Get Candidates for our Job Fair"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and attracted the right people to our event.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything that we disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for non-profit organizations. It attracts the "do-gooders" and very easy to use.

Helping us share the word about our events and job fairs.

"Idealist Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to look for opportunities and find opportunities whether it be for a job or a volunteer or any activity in my area. Very easy to navigate across the webpage.

What do you dislike?

Can be expensive to post opportunities, I think it was $110 a post so with a company with many posts, this can add up

Providing employees with more opportunities to get involved in the community and make a difference as well as help employees find jobs

Idealist review by Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.

"Decent Platform"

What do you like best?

Great for those posting and seaking jobs and internships.very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Traction is not as high as other websites. They should market their site more.

Finding interns, assistants and temps. A site to post openings.

Idealist review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Job Posting Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the layout of the platform and how large the font and tabs are presented.

What do you dislike?

How the software isn't advertise to companies in a wide capacity.

We have been able to recruit and assess top talent from the platform.

Learning about Idealist?

* We monitor all Idealist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.