Greater Giving Event Reviews & Product Details

Greater Giving Event Overview

What is Greater Giving Event?

Greater Giving, a Global Payments company, is dedicated to providing technology solutions to the nonprofit community in order to improve their fundraising efforts. Greater Giving offers integrated and stand-alone solutions that include event management software, online registration and donation services, online bidding, on-site payment collection, and credit card processing. Best-in-class customer service is also provided leading up to and for the duration of an event. Since 2002, Greater Giving has processed more than $7B in credit card payments in support of nonprofit causes for thousands of organizations and schools across the United States and Canada. Greater Giving also provides free fundraising education resources throughout the year, including webinars, live seminars, eBooks, guides and blog articles. For more information, visit www.greatergiving.com.

Greater Giving Event Details

Automate, track and manage your fundraising efforts from one dashboard. Streamline your event planning and fundraising efforts.

Greater Giving
2002
Beaverton, OR
@greatergiving

Greater Giving Event Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Greater Giving Event community
Have you used Greater Giving Event before?

Greater Giving Event Reviews

Showing 56 Greater Giving Event reviews
Already have Greater Giving Event?
Executive Director
What do you like best?

The GreaterGiving event software has a plethora of useful features in one place. You can sell tickets, import buyers, set them up to bid in an auction, assign seating, manage your auction, process credit cards, and more, all in one place. There are multiple options for how to run your auction, and so many helpful reports available all in one place. For the last 4 years, we have also added their mobile bidding software to our package, which has helped to further streamline our gala fundraiser, eliminating the need to run around and grab auction sheets for 100+ items, and then hastily enter the information before guests want to leave. Eliminating this step has actually freed us up to create other fundraising opportunities during our event! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is not as intuitive to use as I wish it were, and sometimes it can be a barrier when bringing in new team members to help with an event. That said, the support team is wonderful, so when I get stuck, help is just a phone call away. Additionally, there have been times when I wish the system would work in a certain way, and it just doesn't. (Example: I would like the fundraising thermometer to include certain items, and it simply will not.) My only other complaint, and it is minor, is that the payment pages look a little dated when compared to other online fundraising platforms, but I have seen improvements in this area recently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an event management system that can handle many facets of an event in one place, I highly recommend considering Greater Giving. While the learning curve is a steep one, it's better than having to access multiple systems to run a large event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GreaterGiving allows us to manage all events in one place, rather than having to deal with multiple software systems. Allowing us to sell tickets, collect donations, and manage our auction in one place really helps to streamline our events. Additionally, the number of reports available allows us to always find the information that we are looking for. I have looked at other event management systems, but it seems that they are always lacking some piece included with GreaterGiving. For example, they may help you manage your auction, but not include ticket sales. Or include ticket sales, but not the option to assign seating in a way that can easily be sent to a caterer. GreaterGiving allows us to manage everything for our event in one place, and carry data over from year to year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr Signature Events Specialist
What do you like best?

I love that all of my event elements are available 24/7 at the click of a mouse in real-time regardless of where I am. With the pivoting of Covid 19 in the event industry, the greater giving platform has allowed us to move our auction online in a very user friendly format.

We also use Raisers Edge for our organization. GG offers reports which are easily uploaded into RE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is only one element that I am missing with greater giving and my golf tournament. If tee times were an option, it would be the icing on the cake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Auction

Registration is a lot easier. The platform allows guests to pick their menu, add guests, update guest profiles, etc

Sponsorship is online

Item Donation and Volunteer opportunities are all online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adjunct Professor
What do you like best?

Not only is it a comprehensive program, the service that Greater Giving provides is the best bar none. They are always available to assist. The facets of Greater Giving are numerous.Each time I use the program I learn more and more of the capabilities of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can’t find where I am supposed to go to do something. Sometimes the help assistance on line (videos, articles) helps, but I know I can get expert assistance by talking to someone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are so many facets of Greater Giving. You will have everything at your fingertips! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All our accounting for each event is in one place. The program sends out receipts automatically and has numerous reports for whatever needs we have concerning our events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love how user friendly this platform is. I love how organized it keeps us and how easy it is to run an auction with Greater Giving. We went from a very old database system with paper bid sheets that were entered by hand to mobile bidding. It has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customization with the auction website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for the complete package in auction software then I would look into Greater Giving. They have been great to work with and they make running an auction event so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It sped up our checkout process by a ton. It solved so many organization issues we used to have. Also, with mobile bidding, it enabled us to reach a wider audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Their support team is quick, knowledgable and courteous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You cannot rotate a photo once it's been uploaded. So if a donor or a volunteer did not take the photo of the auction item the way GG required it, it showed up sideways in the system. And you didn't know it would be sideways until upload (even if it looks right side up in your phone). So that created some additional set up time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was apprehensive about using a new system for our event as it's our largest fundraiser. But the ease of set up and the level of support provided was way above expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adding a level of engagement outside of an in-person event. This allows our whole audience to view and bid on items rather than just those in attendance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Communications and Enterprise Operations
What do you like best?

Greater Giving is user friendly and a HUGE asset for us when running events. We've been users for years and have come to appreciate the ease of the platform more and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like. Maybe the online website creation could be streamlined and made simpler? Other than that I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The complexity of running a large event is made easy with Greater Giving. From online payments to table allocation, the platform is easy to navigate. I love the variety of reports I can run too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fundraising and Development
What do you like best?

I often call when I can't recall how to do something in GG. The customer service folks are incredibly helpful. They are patient, kind, resourceful and professional each and every time I call in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not one thing. They are great! I can't think of anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth every penny we pay annually to work with GG. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We rely on using GG as a contact database, an on-line auction, creating a project, supporter database, supporters. It helps so much to have all the functionality we have with GG. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adjunct Instructor
What do you like best?

Easy to use and support was available anytime needed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It was a great fit for what we needed. I would have loved to avoid any credit card processing fees but that’s just expected when using credit cards for purchasers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We could not hold an annual event in person due to COVID, so we used an online platform for an online event instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E
What do you like best?

Greater Giving has the best customer service out there. They also have a very easy system to input your auction items into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization options on the live auction site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again, best customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to put on a virtual auction, especially during such a time as this... a pandemic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable customer support, and clarity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that is negative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are going to a virtual event and I see great benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Greater Giving is an awesome tool to use when you are avoiding lines at your event. Best used for mid to large scale events ( golf outings, galas, etc). Pretty straightforward check-in process. Captures guest payment method when they first purchase ticket and saves it.

- Make your event safer with this cashless payment system for raffle tickets and auctions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Does not screen for duplicate names/entries

- If part of a household/family it creates duplicate accounts.

If you do any discounted or comped tickets for your events you lose the opportunity to capture the individuals payment information. Hard to track down later/during the event.

Mainly just need those facilitating the use of Greater Giving to understand the nuances! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to use it to it's full capacity and cut out any other software for ticketing. It is best when used on its own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This makes checking-in such a breeze at events that would otherwise have long lines!

Goal of a nonprofit at events is always increasing day of event revenue -- Greater Giving makes that easy. All you have to do is ask for the persons name, make sure they have payment on file, and then before they leave for the event they check-out and are all set! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface has been updated and is easy to use. I’m relatively new to using the software so having something that is pretty straightforward is a definite plus. Adding supporters, items, and packages has been a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did run into some trouble when trying to add contacts for a business supporter. Eventually I figured it out but it was not as straightforward as inputting other information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to work with and pickup. The recently revamped website design works in its favor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now we use it to track only our annual gala. It’s able to give a quick overview of pertinent financial data right on the home screen. We utilize it for our silent auction items and underwriting which it does an excellent job of. It does for us what ResultsPlus couldn’t. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contract CFO
What do you like best?

Greater Giving is a great event management tool that we use for the Non Profit Space when planning and executing a Fundraising Event. The ease of use when setting up tickets, entering values of the tickets, splitting out the donor portion and ease of auction item entry is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy way to import the information from the event planning software to our accounting platform without paying for another add on. As a small non profit, the cost to deploy a bolt on product is not doable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering how to manage your events - I strongly encourage anyone to get away from spreadsheets and manual processing. Using an event software for regular fundraising events or annual parties is a much more efficient and accurate process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving managing a 500+ person event with a variety of revenue streams before, during and after the event. Managing ticket sales, vendor donations, auction packages, general donations and recognizing volunteer hours/contributions is a daunting task that Great Giving Facilitates. We also use their payment platform for the event so all reporting and payment functions are streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Registration process was easy for the public and visually the project website went with our usual branding. The organization of registered guests through tables and groups went well and the accounting side of the software worked very well.

Support is also very helpful although multiple times they just couldn't assist as the technology wasn't available for my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are significant limitations within Greater Giving, in particular the reports you are able to generate and download. Why on why would you organize reports (which can barely be edited) that are not created around columns and rows so that they can be easily manipulated in Excel? I also spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out which report worked for my needs by running them repeatedly because there is no master list/cheat sheet that lists out all of the reports and what they show.

The project website is also a total pain to edit. It doesn't always save after edits and if you edit via one method it will override changes made if you edited through another method. This is insanity and required wayyyy too much thought on how to make edits to work around this problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Traditional events or auctions that operate similar to events Greater Giving was designed around would probably do well on this system. If you have any irregularities (like Table Captains) then seriously consider the amount of staff time required to implement this solution. I suggest you work with the support/sales team first to ensure it would work with your event.

Greater Giving was not perfect for our table captain based event but it is the best we were able to find. I'm hopeful that improvements will continue to be made that will continue to make the software more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Greater Giving for individual guest registration (a first with this event) and overall it went smoothly with a lot of behind the scenes work. We were able to manipulate the software to serve our needs and effectively manage registered guests and table captains as well as the funds that they paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Associate
Fine Art
What do you like best?

I like that all aspects from ticketing, to table assignment, to auction items, and receipts are in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There can be too many steps on night of registration which delays our check in process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running an auction with not a lot of employees is difficult. This software helps us save time, and it is easy to train temporary event staff how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Development
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

We got Greater Giving because our fundraising platform didn't have solid events management capabilities. We were using a different company but it just didn't have everything what we were looking for. I had read on multiple resources that Greater Giving was a really great compliment to our current fundraising platform. We've now used it for 3 large events and a handful of small events and it's been really great. The support is also very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The chat/support function isn't as great as it was when we first signed up for Greater Giving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Greater Giving is great as a stand alone product and also as a compliment to other fundraising platforms. They were also generous and provided a small sponsorship for our first event to help ease us into the cost of switching companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to manage all of our event fundraising and fairly easily transfer it into our large fundraising database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I loved the online bidding aspect of it. This year, out of 100 items for silent auction, I only had about five left. All the previous years we've had 10-20. I was also able to sell items that no one had bid on for years. Online bidding let our guests bid from the comfort of their tables. It brought many more bids than we've ever had before. It also increased how much money we made since we sold more items for way more than what they were valued at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had four problems: the receipts, the app & card readers, texts, and data transfers. The receipts confused a lot of people because they would receive one when they checked out and one when the item was actually paid for. It made some people think they were charged twice. It would be nice if a receipt would just automatically be emailed once the item was paid for and that's it. With the app, I was really irritated to find that it was incompatible with the laptops we were using. We had to do everything through a browser. Since we couldn't use the app, we couldn't use the card readers I'd ordered, so that was a massive waste of time. When I ordered them, I let the company know which laptops we were using and no one said the app was incompatible. We still have to track the sales in our normal selling software, so I actually had to enter every sale twice. We sold it through Greater Giving and then had to enter it again somewhere else. Then I had to balance it. It made for a whole lot of work. Lastly, the text messages. A lot of users, including myself, never got the welcome text or any thereafter. I contacted support and was basically told "it's your service provider's fault and we can't do anything." That was really frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to spend a lot of time using it. I spent months taking pictures and writing descriptions for each silent auction item. You'll also want to take into consideration the associated fees and how much you'll make. Although we made more this year in our silent auction than ever before, the annual and credit card processing fees dropped us back to where we were. It's a very expensive program to use. I love it for the ease of the silent auction, but I would really like to see a price decrease. We'll continue using the program for at least another year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem this addressed was raising more money with fundraising. The silent auction we have every year had been pretty slow. It was hard to sell items and we would end up recycling them every year. This time I opened up the bidding a week early, so by the time the event came around, about half of the items already had bids on them. We sold many things for more than I expected and we sold almost everything we'd been trying to auction off for years. It's a great way to increase silent auction sales for a non-profit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

They have really good customer service skills, when you communicate with them, they are always very nice. This was important because there were a lot questions while trying the software and later after trying cancel and not being able to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The sales person told me there would be no penalty if we canceled in 6 months. We tried the software and it is very complicated and does more than we need. It is also rather expensive. It turned out the fine print in the contract meant we owed hundreds of dollars even though we canceled before 6 months. Greater Giving was understanding and worked with us, but we felt mislead and it left us with a bad taste. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand that you WILL be paying for this software, even if it is a trial basis. The demonstrations did not show me how complicated it is. If your organization has a lot of people who are really technically savvy, you will probably do well. For an organization like ours, it was too complicated, then difficult to cancel and we had to pay to get out of it even though we were told no penalty in writing up front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing events. The ability to create a website for the ticketing was a nice feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The fact that you can track your revenue easily from the dashboard. Also that I can use this even when I'm at home. I like the end of fundraiser tables and charts. This is great for meetings with board members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many functions, should be a little more simple. I do not want to deal with charts, I am simply the person who plans the event. I thinkt here need to be different portals for different people. This would make it much more user friendly than it currently is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the process easier to use. There are too many functions and sometimes it can get confusing. maybe have a separate system for the accounts employee to handle charts and graphs. Its too much for someone simply organizing the event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It streamlines our income all in one place. This takes away the need for employees to handle funds on their own. It also made our customers feel more safe, that their money was being tracked. Having files in the office is not safe. Having all of this online made my data more secure even though I could access it from anywhere. I am happy we used this software, but somehow it was not for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Greater Giving has been a wonderful platform for our organization to use for special events. It captures all guest, sponsor and auction information that we need to steward, cultivate and solicit for future fundraising opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pre-event registration does not currently have the opportunity for contributors to pay the credit card processing fee so that it is not passed along to the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to use it for our special event database. It captures all historical data in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Greater Giving was utilized for event specific websites and to gather information about guests and to accept payments. What I liked best was how GG could be used as the same platform for a whole suite of fundraising events, so there was a continuity about using one platform for several events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I most disliked about GG was that it didn't feel very modern, or very intuitive. It was difficult to figure out what features were available and how to utilize them. I will say there were many features, but it wasn't as intuitive as other software I've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefits realized is organization. Having the ability to utilize GG at different points of the event process - fundraising, silent auction, night of, prior registration and donations, etc. So beneficial to have one all-around tool to turn to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive and user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports had more options for customization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planning and managing events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

The online giving pages are easy to set up and publish on our website. Logging in to retrieve the information is also seamless. I like how we are able to provide auto-generated emails for certain events and peer-to-peer fundraising pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Event platform could be less clunky. If we use the event platform for event day credit card charges, the receipts are difficult to find. Also check-in at events could move a little faster. I'm not sure how to make that happen.

Also, we keep an alternative credit card processing platform for credit cards given over the phone or on event RSVP cards because the rates are lower than those of Greater Giving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework before switching to this platform. In some ways, it's easy enough to use and customize, but in other ways, it can be difficult to navigate and find the function you are looking for, especially on the event platform. So before you commit to this service, check with your CRM/Database provider to see if they have a similar product, you already pay for their customer support, it should be easy enough to include this as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Greater Giving provides us with our online donations page, peer-to-peer platform, and our event pages. We also use it to log our in-kind gifts for events. The peer-to-peer platform is easy for our P2P fundraisers to set up on their own, with little to no help from the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Community Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The websites look clean and professional Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is a little expensive. Therefore, we can only use it on our high-income fundraising Halas and events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We only use Greater Giving for our gala events because of the price point. However, the system allows us to request giving landing pages that are easy to use and are visually sleek. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Greater giving is user friendly and easy to navigate. The customer service center is extremely helpful and understanding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the report you need for a particular export. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this software to anyone who is new on mobile bidding or anyone overwhelmed with doing an auction via bid sheet. The program is user friendly with phenomenal customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This really helped us to modernized our annual gala and engage the young professional community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.