Dean Dorton Reviews & Product Details

Dean Dorton Overview

What is Dean Dorton?

Accounting software is the specialty of Massey Consulting. Our consultants boast a wealth of practical field experience gained as controllers, accountants and information system professionals in a wide range of business environments. We are certified, recognized experts in each of the software solutions we offer. Our clients benefit from efficient, integrated software solutions that allow them to focus more on their business and less on their software. We often integrate front-end operations management systems with the back-end financial software, Intacct or Dynamics GP, to create a seamless business management tool.

Dean Dorton Details

Our array of services available in the tax, audit and assurance, business consulting, and technology arenas allows us to help leaders create, grow, and protect value.

Dean Dorton
1921
Raleigh, NC
@DeanDorton
627 Twitter followers

Dean Dorton Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Dean Dorton community
Have you used Dean Dorton before?

Dean Dorton Reviews

Showing 13 Dean Dorton reviews
Location
Already have Dean Dorton?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We had to convert all of our data to a form that could be easily imported into IntAcct and have it take over all of our Accounting functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that IntAcct provides. It is easy to transition and to teach. I can easily tell where everything is and most items link back to original entries and give the option to change them if necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the transition to a drop down menu instead of the quick tabs that were originally there. I also think that there should be a feature search bar. If I know what I'm looking for, but I do not know what section it's in, I should be able to search and select it from a search menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

IntAcct is a great software. I would suggest always using the newest format available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GB
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Massey Consulting was our implementation partner for Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have partnered with Massey Consulting though several organizations and on multiple accounting products over the last 15 years. Philip and his team are great for giving recommendations to help solve process issues. They are true partners and understand that their client's success ultimately leads to their success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Years ago, responsiveness to support issues was a little on the slow side, but that has greatly improved with the addition of knowledgeable support staff. No complaints now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Heading into a project, ensure you take the time to scrub your data and understand the options of the new system you will be implementing to take the greatest advantage of all it's features. Make sure you have enough resources (people and/or time) to set things up right the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

billing using a CRM in addition to Dynamics GP Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

improvement in process efficiency, and quick resolution of crises Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

some issues remain unresolved despite timeline Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We engaged with Massey to review our processes and controls regarding revenue recognition in Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jim Stubanas, the consultant is not only a subject matter expert in Intacct, he understands accounting in practice and took the time to get a deep understanding of our business model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any negative interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Massey Consulting helped us implement Intacct with helpful project guidelines, deadlines, and answers to all of our questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Super easy to work with, able to quickly schedule meetings that work for. us and our consultants, the project management software was easy to use and go back to see where we stand on the implementation and what the next steps are, our consultants checked in with us to see how things were going and were always available for questions. They know what modules to recommend that fit our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I disliked while working with Massey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Make sure you have the time to dedicate to your project. It will make your implementation process 10x easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Numerous task Massey has assisted us with. They are great GP and FRX consultants. They help write different reports for us, as well as, problems with our software. I would be lost if I knew I couldn't call Massey for assistance with any computer related or software problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The relationship I have developed with Massey over the years. They are there to help and we talk about general stuff too. They are considered friends and well as our IT support group. I would recommend them to anyone in need of support. The knowledge Is phenomenal. Each person has his or her special talent when it comes to solving issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like putting in tickets. I always got faster service and better attention when I called. I'm sure it is suppose to help matters but in our case it does not. Somehow, we get forgotten or overlooked when using the ticket process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CFO
E-Learning
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've used Massey Consulting at two previous companies and will be implementing Intacct with Massey Consulting in the next month or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've always had a good experience with Massey Consulting consultants. They are very knowledgeable and have always been very responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I can think of that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Technology Officer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

GP 2016 to Dynamic 2016. Massey help us plan and implement a new Dynamics webserver and Dynamics Database server. Massey provided training for the new users and support for the previous users in an effective manner so they could hit the ground running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The efficiency of training and implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can recall, I would have preferred more on-site vs remote, at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would recommend Massey to anyone interested in getting the job done with professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Implementation and ongoing support for Intacct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The knowledge Massey Consulting brings to the table. Massey raised questions during implementation that assisted us in reevaluating certain processes and making adjustments as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Massey's arsenal of options may seem overwhelming to a company when looking into how to handle a specific software solution. The options are presented in a way that allows a company to evaluate and make informed decisions that are best for their company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Highly recommend the Massey team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
Mental Health Care
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We are trying to maximize our use of Intacct. Massey is helping us to understand the capabilities both within Intacct and via the marketplace partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Massey has a good knowledge of Intacct and the partner marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. They have been able to help us with our planning/growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Implementation of Intacct across multi users, companies, countries and currencies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

easy to communicate with staff, responsiveness to our changing needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

too many touches from the marketing staff; less contact would be nice; I am too busy to respond and it makes me feel guilty! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Really care about our success Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We utilize Billie, when needed, usually for Scribe and SQL queries. Her expertise in both of these areas always gets the job done.. Most recently, we had a power outage during an A/P check run, which left the batch "incomplete" and "stuck". Billie was able to get the system back in order quickly and we were able to move forward with our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Billies sense of urgency to help and make sure we are satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The hourly rate for the service seems high, but it is competitive with other firms doing similar work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking for Dynamics GP experts, Massey is the one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Converting our accounting platform from GP to Intacct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Expertise and quick response to our needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything that I dislike at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.