CareerBuilder Job Board

3.5

The first step in a winning recruitment strategy is getting exposure. Attract candidates during their job search with CareerBuilder’s Job Postings.

Work for CareerBuilder Job Board?

Learning about CareerBuilder?

CareerBuilder Job Board Reviews

Ask CareerBuilder a Question
Showing 29 CareerBuilder reviews
CareerBuilder review by Charles H.
Charles H.

"Not the Top, Yet Provides Good Results"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We have used CareerBuilder's Job Board for more than ten years. Initially, we used the board to find entry level, low wage earning employees who were either just starting or were making career changes early in their lives. We were able to post job listings and be provided with a decent list of potential applicants that we could contact, interview and hire. Now the way Human Resources has progressed since that time, CareerBuilder Job Board has allowed us to stop wasting our time on entry level job searches, but can literally find computer programmers, office managers and skilled employees for our workforce. CareerBuilder has evolved from providing entry level type employees to skilled professionals.

What do you like best?

CareerBuilder Job Boards has allowed us to move much of our computer programming and call center activities to employees in the United States, instead of depending on employees outside of the US to take care of those needs. The pay rates are similar and we can have independent contractors fill those positions equally as well.

What do you dislike?

CareerBuilder Job Boards still comes across as "lower than professional". They have made progress in the types of employees and employment opportunities that are available, yet they aren't the highest quality, and I'm doubting the highest quality employees/employers don't post to their site. Their site isn't the easiest to use and is "clunky" in its operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CareerBuilder Job Board is usable for most all types of employment needs. There are Accountants, Computer Programmers and Engineers, just as well as there are Truck Drivers, Sales Personnel, and Food Service Employees. It's a hit and miss website, not always providing exactly what is needed. Yet there is a large employee base who are seeking work.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CareerBuilder Job Board
CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Computer Software
Human Resources (HR) in Computer Software

"Okay if you are looking for entry level"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Careerbuilder can act not only as a job posting site, but also in tracking candidates and emailing them through the site. It is very similar to LinkedIn in this way. They have a new a feature that also will scrape social media sites for users emails, and background information on them. This way, it should be easier to reach out to candidates.

What do you like best?

I like that you can pull a report to show you what people of a particular background are titling themselves so you can create a sourcing strategy that will capture the most amount of possible candidates. I do like that the site will scrape jobs from our website, which makes it easier to post to their site. Our account management team is relatively helpful; they check in often, and even offer to assist with sourcing if we have found that we are having difficulty filling a role. I really enjoy that their search capabilities can use Boolean searching.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the candidate pool on this site for higher level roles. As a Senior Recruiter, it is sometimes difficult to see a reason to use this tool. Also, while sourcing for roles overseas, it can be hard to gain a large candidate pool. It seems like there is a stigma attached to this site that it is meant for entry level roles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think our Account Management team here is top notch.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

CareerBuilder review by Hiring/Reporting Manager in Hospital & Health Care
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Hospital & Health Care

"Solid Platform"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I use career builder job board when i want to post my roles. It is another way to get my roles out there and attract more applicants.

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to save job roles so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every single time I post. I also like that I can link to my own website so they can apply there. It is easy and quick to use and it probably is top 3 location my candidates come from. The team that is assigned to our account is super helpful for any questions that we have as well. They have even come on site and presented new features to us which is awesome because it's easy to miss out on things that make my job a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

I do find that the caliber of candidates vary- I could get an awesomely qualified candidate and I also could get someone who clearly did not read the posting. Either way brings more traffic and i am happy with that. Same goes for sourcings- if I am lucky a great candidate who is ready to be contacted is on the site or sometimes there are resumes months- years old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is one of the top job boards that you should be posting to if you want to bring more traction to your roles and find good candidates.

CareerBuilder review by Alisa Z.
Alisa Z.

"Great Response Time"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

CareerBuilder is used to search for jobs that fit in your field. My work uses it to post job openings at our company.

What do you like best?

The ease of use. You can create templates for the Jobs you offer which makes posting for the open positions very easy. You can set criteria, so candidates that do not have specific experience cannot apply.

What do you dislike?

If you do not categorize the job posting correctly it can be a waste. If people are searching for your company or position if it is not categorized and sub categorized it can through off anyone finding your posting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to for finding applicants that fit the position you are hiring for. You will receive and email and the candidates application when they choose to apply for your position

CareerBuilder review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Decent Service, Not the Best Search Tool"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Sourcing candidates and posting jobs primarily. For the most part there are very few reasons I would use it over LinkedIn recruiter. It's good for general and entry level type roles but focused or professional people, there tends to not be a very big pool. One advantage though is that it gives you direct contact info, something that LinkedIn does not provide.

I personally also do not find their UI to be particularly good or easy to work with, and there are multiple times where it can become irritating to use during the sourcing process.

What do you like best?

It automatically scrapes from our ATS so you don't have to manually move job posts. It also has a section that will tell you what most people are using, which can be useful when hiring managers want to use odd or vague internal position titles.

What do you dislike?

We use assessments with our candidates, and on average candidates sourced from Careerbuilder are significantly less successful than candidates sourced from LinkedIn

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good service if you can't get LinkedIn or are going for roles like bookkeeping or office admin where you're looking for career associate positions to fill

Trying to find applicants. Having direct numbers and emails can be useful, but it's hard to track and mostly involves keeping them in excel has the organization on the site is a struggle.

CareerBuilder review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Gets the job done"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Career Builder has been one of our top contenders for reaching out to potential candidates for hire, i really enjoy that its simple and easy to get the listing out and they do the rest.

What do you like best?

one of the things that we really enjoy about Career Builder is that its simple and easy to get the listing out and they do the rest. which helps to alleviate some of the stress related to hiring.

What do you dislike?

One of the only things that i disliked about using Career Builder , which ultimately led to us discontinuing use with them was their lack of responsiveness and we did'nt feel that they could keep up with our unique staffing needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely research , research , research to find out if this is something that right for your comapny.

CareerBuilder review by Hiring/Reporting Manager in Environmental Services
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Environmental Services

"Results are poor "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Looking for employees. We have been a customer for 5 1/2 months now and have not received an adequate candidate.

What do you like best?

I like that they post to google jobs and use a social aggregator to pull candidates in the resume search.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the customer services has been. Once i informed them the program is not working for our company they have failed to contact us back to resolve our issue. I also received feed back that we are not receiving applications because of out location, ads and what we are offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a Lawn Care Company and have very poor results with looking for Sales Reps, manager and lawn care technicians. At this time I would have to say if you are looking to hire for any of the above positions choose another job board. Don't sign a 2 years contract.

CareerBuilder review by Kushal V.
Kushal V.

"Excellent job board to search talent"

What do you like best?

Easy and user friendly UI of Careerbuilder. We use it to search the talent for different technologies and it gives us excellent results and It automatically filter the duplicate profiles and give us the excellent results based on our boolean search. I personally recommend it..

What do you dislike?

Lots of filters we need to add to get a perfect match

Recommendations to others considering the product

Priyanka@excelgens.com

Finding Talent from Careerbuilder

CareerBuilder review by Hiring/Reporting Manager in Banking
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Banking

"CB review"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

CareerBuilder provided a database of candidates

What do you like best?

CB is a well-known platform which produces a lot of candidates. Good for finding temporary or contract employees because most people on the site are unemployed.

What do you dislike?

CB struggles to provide quality candidates. Many of the candidates are recycled. We also went through quite a few account managers, which made it difficult to complete certain items. We also had a large issue with our Talent Network, which we later ended up dropping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless your company is hiring temp or contract employees, I do not recommend CareerBuilder Job Board. Take a look at LinkedIn or social media platforms.

CareerBuilder review by Other in Information Technology and Services
Other in Information Technology and Services

"Recruiter, uses CB dailey"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I use CareerBuilder on a daily basis to sift through resume and identify candidates for roles I am filling for my company internally.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to click on one resume and from there you can just click next resume to sift through each candidate. I also like the user interface, very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could flag a resume that is not a good fit, or that I already interviewed to not come up again in my search for a set period of time. As of now, all resumes come up if they fall in your search criteria. I also wish I could check back resumes that were posted 2, 3, 4 days back. At this point you can only search 1 day, then 1 week, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for hiring in tons of different industries and skillsets.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Human Resources (HR) in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great Job Board"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

CareerBuilder is used for posting jobs. CareerBuilder is a site my company consistently used to post jobs and increase our applicant pool. This site helped us filled numerous positions.

What do you like best?

I love that this site has a lot of users, which in turn increases our applicant pool.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the site sometimes had loading issues. It also occasionally logs me out or switches my view to an applicant's perspective, which can be frustrating when I am trying to use the posting feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend reading your posting before publishing the job posting, as sometimes the text can be automatically edited or reformatted.

CareerBuilder review by Cortney L.
Cortney L.

"Long Term CareerBuilder Customer"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I use Careerbuilder for both Job Postings and resume search. I find the system very easy to use and the resumes available are relevant to the positions I am filling. It's a basic job board that is continuing to grow.

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the platform. The resume database is easy to search and offers simple advanced options as well. Job postings take less than 1 minute to complete start to finish, which saves tons of time.

What do you dislike?

So far I'm impressed with the positive changes that CareerBuilder has made on it's platform, so nothing at this time.

CareerBuilder review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"OK ROI"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Resume database and job posting service for recruiting/talent acquisition for a software firm

What do you like best?

The tool is fairly easy to use and I like that it scrapes our careers site so we no longer have to manually post every role multiple places.

What do you dislike?

For a technology company, I feel we get better ROI from tools like LinkedIn and Glassdoor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would evaluate other options to make an educated decision. Think about the demographics your targeting, and there may be better tools available from other service providers.

CareerBuilder review by Agency in Staffing and Recruiting
Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Above Average"

What do you like best?

It is one of my main sources for candidates.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t actually placed anyone found on CareerBuilder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take advantage as much as possible because it is super expensive.

I do like that I can complete a reverse resume search to find known users.

CareerBuilder review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Good for Sourcing"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

CareerBuilder allows us to source good candidates and provides multiple search parameters that makes it even easier to find what we are looking for.

What do you like best?

I really like the amount of search options present. I can adjust salary level, experience, military status, etc. to narrow my search down and find great candidates.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky. The status icons that show if you've viewed/sent correspondence to a candidate are very small, and I often overlook them and accidentally view a candidate that a coworker has already reached out to.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Marketing and Advertising
Human Resources (HR) in Marketing and Advertising

"Not Exactly Thrilled"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We primarily use CareerBuilder for Job Posting and candidate sourcing.

What do you like best?

The site is fairly user friendly and the ability to search using boolean terms is greatly appreciated.

What do you dislike?

CareerBuilder has been one of the main databases our company uses for sourcing entry-level candidates. However, as of late I'm constantly met with the aggravating "unfortunately some error occurred" pop-up while I'm sourcing resumes. If it's not that it's incredibly slow loading times for one candidate's resume. For someone who's trying to find potential candidates to fill openings immediately, it's incredibly frustrating to restart my search each time this occurs.

CareerBuilder review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Agency now Corporate Recruiter - 20 years"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Staffing and recruiting for current employer, a office products "print business" company.

What do you like best?

Search criteria better than average job board. Quality of sales candidates.

What do you dislike?

More expensive than many job boards. Advertised positions only post for 30 days (expensive to repost or continue listing).

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Building Materials
Human Resources (HR) in Building Materials

"Great Tool"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

This has allowed us to vet quality applicants

What do you like best?

I like being able to search resumes and qualified applicants

What do you dislike?

There has not been too much that I dislike about this site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this job board.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Computer Software
Human Resources (HR) in Computer Software

"Strong Product"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

My team and I utilize CareerBuilder for job postings and for sourcing candidates. Over the last 365 days we've seen just over 5% of our total candidate pool come to us from CareerBuilder.

What do you like best?

I appreciate the skins that a company can add to brand all of our job postings.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial if we could add more than 3 tags to a job posting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our reps have been very easy to work with and quick to help anytime that questions have come up.

CareerBuilder review by Other in Utilities
Other in Utilities

"Careerbuilder is still a good resource. "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We use them daily for sourcing candidates and use the supply and demand portal.

What do you like best?

Good candidate flow. It has a variety of candidate levels from entry-level to Senior management.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can't send emails to multiple people. I realize this is to prevent spam but sometimes I don't use Careerbuilder because it takes so long to email people.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Consumer Goods
Human Resources (HR) in Consumer Goods

"Careerbuilder is great"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I find Careerbuilder to be hands above the rest of the job boards - specifically with their various products and especially with their customer service and sales teams. They are very responsive and really want to partner with us - they are always striving to find the best solution and don't push us to buy things - but recommend products that can really help us and resolve our pain points.

What do you like best?

Their customer service and sales teams are great. Very responsive and want to be a true partner. Not just sell me job postings. I can buy job postings anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Always wish their pricing was cheaper but still feel that I get value for my dollars spent.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Staffing and Recruiting
Human Resources (HR) in Staffing and Recruiting

"Hits the Spot"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Finding candidates and posting jobs for positions.

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and it had many filters to save time for specific searches.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a option in the filters to removed already viewed candidates. OR be able to show "notes" before clicking on candidate profiles.

CareerBuilder review by Hiring/Reporting Manager in Human Resources
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Human Resources

"Excellent for building candidate pool"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

System is excellent for building candidate pool in hard to find locations.

What do you like best?

I’d like to reach out to candidates and look at the resumes before actually speaking to them

What do you dislike?

I dislike the search function, have to utilize Boolean to successfully find the right candidate

CareerBuilder review by Hiring/Reporting Manager in Computer Software
Hiring/Reporting Manager in Computer Software

"CareerBuilder Review"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

CareerBuilder is one of the sites we use to find candidates as well as post positions.

What do you like best?

It's a good way to increase exposure and post positions.

What do you dislike?

We don't really utilize it to the fullest extent because any additional features they have, we expect to have in our applicant tracking system.

CareerBuilder review by Other in Staffing and Recruiting
Other in Staffing and Recruiting

"Gottem' "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Careerbuilder is great. It allows recruiters like myself to find candidates that we have been long searching for.

What do you like best?

The interface is easier to use than Monster and other competitors.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike. I feel like I always find the right person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Monster as well.

CareerBuilder review by Other in Staffing and Recruiting
Other in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good Experience"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Career builder makes it easy to find great applicants for every job I am hiring for!

What do you like best?

How easy the site is to use and that the service allows me to review unlimited resumes.

What do you dislike?

The page sometimes does not refresh with the same list of candidates.

CareerBuilder review by Other in Automotive
Other in Automotive

"Recommending Careerbuilder"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

The CareerBuilder Database is always full of talent.

What do you like best?

I like the job posting feature as well as the ability to source from the database.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about using CareerBuilder.

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Utilities
Human Resources (HR) in Utilities

"Not many resumes on CareerBuilder"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

High level position needed to be filled.

What do you like best?

The ability to look at what availability is in the job market

What do you dislike?

Some resumes posted were very old. Had limited resumes in some areas

CareerBuilder review by Human Resources (HR) in Public Safety
Human Resources (HR) in Public Safety

"Looks Nice but Low ROI"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We use CareerBuilder for their resume databases and their job boards and job posting scraping capabilities.

What do you like best?

The site and systems look nice and seemed updated.

What do you dislike?

We've experience low ROI when using their job posting functions.

Learning about CareerBuilder Job Board?

* We monitor all CareerBuilder Job Board reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.