BuiltWith Reviews & Product Details

BuiltWith Overview

What is BuiltWith?

BuiltWith is a website profiler, lead generation, competitive analysis and business intelligence tool providing technology adoption, ecommerce data and usage analytics for the internet.

BuiltWith Details

BuiltWith Reviews

Showing 43 BuiltWith reviews
Already have BuiltWith?
Digital Manager
What do you like best?

We use this on our sales team to help with customer prospecting and to get an idea of the software our customers use to better target customers for our platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We only use it for a singular use, finding out the stack for a company so there aren't any dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool to understand your client business and get a look "under the hood". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to create a unique sales solution for each prospect and pivot our sales strategy by identifying their stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

I enjoy that you can easily put in the criteria you are looking for and see a list of companies with the different types of software they are using for their business. For example, If I want to target every single company that is using the Shopify Platform, all I need to do it generate a report for it and I will get thousands of potential leads that I can reach out to. I love the simplicity of it and would recommend other people to try it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This can be a bit expensive for a monthly subscription if you are looking to do a test run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. I think they let you signup and test the platform pretty quick and you can see some sample data to see if this will get you what you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to figure out which companies were using certain software so I can outreach to the right prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eCommerce Strategist
What do you like best?

I love that I can use the free account and still be able to view which eCommerce platform the site may be on today. It helps us do a small amount of research prior to discussing an website with the merchant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can only view 5 detailed pages on the free account per day. As my pipeline grows, I could definitely see me upgrading to the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's great to see some underlying softwares being used by eCommerce merchants. Even if the BuiltWith results may be slightly outdated, it helps us continue to ask the relevant questions right from the start of the conversation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

BuiltWith is a nifty Chrome extension that has a great freemium offering. You can pay to get detailed analytics on every site's building blocks including start and end dates for each plugin being used. For someone in tech sales, it helps me identify if prospects currently use our vendors, if they use a competitor, or if they don't have any system in place at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it is free, not all sites are have a list of the tech they use, or it's a partial or outdated list. There is a paid version that you can subscribe to that grants you access to more detailed information, but this does not fill in the blanks left on some sites' results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try if you need to know your prospect's website building blocks. So far I've been happy with the free version, but the paid version seems very powerful and I may ask my company to buy a subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use BuiltWith for sales prospecting to identify if a prospect's website has a need for our services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Owner Marketplace
What do you like best?

I like the browser extension that lets the tool immediately usable and also the possibility to do deeper searches with the premium account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In its premium version is a bit expansive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it in order to suggest possible integrations to my leads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

BuiltWith was essential to my prospecting discovery. Being able to have the insight into what platform potential customers have built their web sites on let me know whether or not we would be compatible. Finding out if a company is not compatible with our Solution let me pull them from my list and saved me a lot of time on dialing in and then finding out there was no reason to prospect there in the first place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information was inaccurate. I'm not sure how often the free version updates or how the specifics of that all works, but it would be frustrating when I would make determinations based on the information provided that turned out to be wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool, easy to ease, benefits are real and the cost is nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This saved me a lot of time. The benefits when BuiltWith is accurate greatly outweigh the time lost when it might be wrong. I would say it was accurate about 80% of the time within the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

The detailed tech stack up is perfect to understand websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some websites which blocks builtwith and some technologies which isn't shown Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

finding competitor technologies deployed on a website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

The chrome extension of the tool is super cool. With just one click you get all the technologies a website has and it helps me prepare well for my call with the customer. By just looking at the data I am in a much better position to give the custom integration solution to my customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not work on a couple of websites. I think it's because the websites are too new or I don't know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a one-click solution for someone who wants to know all the technologies used on a website. Amazing to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The customer website identification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

I like that BuiltWith generally is more accurate than the competitive tools that I have used in my technology searches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no indication as to how much a company is spending on the technologies as it just shows what tech they use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adding a feature that shows the estimated dollar amount of tech spend would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BuiltWith allows me to research companies with a click of a button rather than spending time on the web hunting down technology information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The accurate and up to date data regarding the platform that our prospects are utilizing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew what ERP a company or WMS was on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has really assisted are Inside sales teams identify what E-commerce platform are prospects are utilizing. (Both Magento & Shopify are really big to us) Very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The intel I can leverage on a call about their tech stack and how we integrate with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't pick up on everything or is sometimes wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contextualizing our outreach and making our pitch relevant to their current stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Project Manager
Insurance
What do you like best?

The best thing about it is the training which they provide in the form of webinars and documentations.The software is very helpful in generating leads.It also helps in importing contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its tough to segment leads in this software.Also their customer support is not good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The trial is free.So try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it for my business development work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When evlauting this system, it seemed very easy to use and intuative. I was excited to learn about this since I follow up with and qualify leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't use long enough to determine issues because I left the company before a decision was made to purchase, not purchase, or go with a competitor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

lead generation & analysis when I was under Marketing Department Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Since I do a ton of prospecting, Builtwith helps me open up conversations and identify worth while accounts of targeting. A lot of the time, tech stacks are hidden which makes it really hard to reach out to companies who might have an actual need for Datadog. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some times the information is inaccurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to appropriately outreach to companies who are hosted in the cloud. To do this I need to have an understanding of what their tech stack is and what their company is built on so I can appropriately reach out for the right reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great insight with a lot of information about what the company is using to build their sites and their applications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not include how much they are spending and often include a lot of the same tools or competitors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gain more insight into what companies are using and has helped be able to get a foot in the door and start to shorten the amount of research time needed to prospect companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Account Executive - West
What do you like best?

I have used several plug ins who offer a similar solution and have always found that BuiltWith has the best data and is easiest to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time I haven't ran into any problems with the tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's critical in software sales to understand the technologies that companies are using to tailor my conversation. BuiltWith is easy to use and quickly gives me the information necessary to be successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Account Executive | Mid-Market
Internet
What do you like best?

I can have warm conversations with prospects already knowing what their entire website was built from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. The plugin is what I use primarily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gathering all data/insight before outreach to a prospect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
What do you like best?

The convenience to use - there is no signup, no "free account" where you are constantly being asked to sing up for Premium features. It loads the Tech Stack of the website you're on, plain and simple. And that is all that is really needed from a tool like this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It isn't able to have pop-up notifications, and sometimes doesn't pull crucial Tech services that I am targeting user bases of, but hey, it's free. It gives you an idea of the type of Tech Stack at a glance, all I am asking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the most simple and streamlined of the Tech Stack Profilers on the market. It is for teams looking to better identify prospects in the SDR to AE process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identifying ATAM and new prospects for Sales Pipeline. I have been able to confirm Tech is in use, or even combat folks claiming to not use it as an objection. No harm is saying you did your research. Removes some blind outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
Internet
What do you like best?

the deep analysis of tools embedded in a website especially companies I compete with.

Ability to judge a companies upcoming renewals based on the time something was added to their site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

occasionally does not load on certain sites or pages of sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intelligence on a company before entering a meeting simply by looking at their website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their dataset is very robust. Easy to filter the data down by what technologies, geo, size etc. Make searching for specific or broad technologies easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The data that comes back can be a bit of a mess. Even while filtering for a certain country I find a lot of the data can be international. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for filtering companies based on the technology they use (ie magento, shopify, ruby on rails). Make sure you review the lists you receive back and that all of the data matches your search inputs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding companies and what technologies they use. Filtering those companies by size, get etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Director
What do you like best?

BuiltWith and the BuiltWith Chrome are fantastic tools that allow the user to see all technologies used to build the frameworks of a website. When qualifying potential clients, I use this tool to see the platform they are currently built up on.

The option to use either the full-fledged web app or the browser extension makes for a great user experience.

Being able to build a list of prospective clients based on technologies used is a feature I've only just discovered, but I'm now using regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is very little I dislike about this tool. It's a quality, well-designed product.

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to simplify the user experience of building lists based on technologies used on websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to explore both the full web app and the Chrome extension. They both offer a great overview of the technologies used in the site build. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm working with clients to see what tools they could be using, or what platform they should be on, to optimize load times and user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like when I'm able to see what tools various companies are using through BuiltWith when on the company's website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not always pick up all softwares that it should Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to see if my prospects are using competitors and make my calls to them more personalized and efficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Gathers quick information about a website and its technology stack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not always accurate and can sometimes not display technology that is very prominent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to customize our solution to the technology a client/prospect is using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very quickly shows you the platforms on each page. Very accurate and provides some background information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work on every website depending on security settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using this allows us to see how our product is being used, and with what other products developers are using with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for BuiltWith?

BuiltWith Categories on G2