MantisBT

4.0

MantisBT is an open source issue tracker that provides a delicate balance between simplicity and power.

Work for MantisBT?

Learning about MantisBT?

MantisBT Reviews

Ask MantisBT a Question
Showing 59 MantisBT reviews
MantisBT review by John D.
John D.

"Mantis Hub staff saved our butts! "

What do you like best?

We've been using Mantis BT to create and assign development tasks for about 5 years hosted on a local server. We have over 15,000 issues and related images and 35 developers and product managers actively adding and managing tickets. On a Saturday morning a few weeks ago or server s#$%t the bed and I had 24 hours to get things running again. I had a backup as of that Friday. I contacted the Mantis Hub staff that morning to see if they could help. Long story short they had us up and running on Mantis Hub by Sunday afternoon with all issues and all staff accounts intact - I sent out the new URL and we were business as usual on Monday morning and now I don't have to manage another server in-house - should have moved over to Mantis Hub years ago. If I could give the Mantis support people a 20 above, I would happily do it. Great work!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about - meets all our development needs and has for many years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product itself is exactly what we have needed for our uses. Having managed our own local install for 5 plus years, I would highly recommend moving to Mantis Hub - takes one more headache off my plate and works flawlessly.

We have an enterprise level software package which is the provides the back bone for associations and other education providers to manage their online and live education via a web interface. We have used Mantis BT from the beginning of our development to create and manage our entire development process. From time to time we look at other more complicated systems, and always return to Mantis - it's simple and straightforward and meets all our needs.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MantisBT
MantisBT review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Very happy Mantis Hub customer"

What do you like best?

We use Mantis Hub which is a SaaS product utilising Mantis Bug Tracker.

We chose Mantis Hub because it has a very simple and clean user interface but has all the functionality we need from our issue management tool.

For us, it was the best issue management tool in terms of user experience - the navigation is very intuitive, raising an issue is quick, and its general look and feel makes the product stand out from the alternatives we trialled.

From an administrative perspective, it's very quick and easy to create new projects, as well as bulk loading new users. This is very handy when we need to create a project for a new client coming onto our service.

The support service from Mantis Hub is fantastic and has removed any headaches relating to hosting and maintenance. On the rare occasion we've raised an issue, the response and resolution from the support team have been very prompt and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot! It would be nice to have more integrations with other SaaS products (mainly test and project management tools) but this hasn't impacted us. They have published APIs so - if required - we could integrate with other tools.

We implemented Mantis Hub just under 12 months ago as part of an overhaul in our issue management process. We were previously managing issues via emails which was very inefficient, often led to issues being missed and didn't provide our clients with a view of the progress for each issue raised.

Using Mantis Hub has resolved all of the administrative problems we had with emails, freeing up resource to focus on resolving the issues being raised by clients. We're also able to quickly assign issues to the various internal teams within the business, rather than waiting for a long email chain to eventually reach the right person who can fix the problem. This has led to shorter resolution times.

Client relationships are healthier because they're getting regular feedback through the tool and are able to prioritise any issues significantly impacting their business. SLA reporting is now much easier and we can quickly identify any issues where we're likely to miss our SLAs, allowing us to focus on them before we're in breach.

Overall, Mantis Hub has given us the opportunity to significantly improve the service we provide to our clients, whilst also increasing our operational efficiency.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

MantisBT review by Stefano S.
Stefano S.

"Entre 'Bugs' se entienden"

What do you like best?

Mantis es mi herramienta de trabajo principal, lo uso para hacer seguimiento de calidad a los proyectos de desarollo de software en los que trabajo. Es sencillo de implementar, su interfaz es muy visual al ordenar las incidencias según su estado y se enlaza con Testlink de manera correcta para llevar una trazabilidad mucho más explícita. Posee roles de usuarios según responsabilidades lo cual permite hacer seguimiento al equipo completo. Mantis es una solucion eficiente si trabajas en QA.

What do you dislike?

La interfaz a estas alturas ya se nota un poco anticuada. El modulo para exportar las incidencias es muy pobre, se exporta en un documento plano sin ningún tipo de formato.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Herramienta para control de incidencias eficiente, open source, de sencilla implementación y mantenimiento.

Es posible hacer seguimiento del estado de las incidencias en tiempo real, el equipo se mantiene informado en todo momento sobre los estados o incidencias asignadas porque llegan notificaciones. El trabajo se hace mucho mas fluído y controlado.

"Mantis Review"

What do you like best?

I like how you can search for a project by its project number or name and it will narrow down all of the submitted issues to just the information related to that project. It helps to see what tickets are open or closed for a particular project.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I submit a report, it says I forgot to fill in one of the required parts and to select the back button to make the change. I select the back button and it does not go back to the report (like it should), but instead it completely deletes it and goes to the "My View" then I have to redo the entire ticket. That is very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The department I work in uses it to keep our numerous daily project tasks in order. We use it primarily for issues for our projects because it offers a great interactive interface that displays the issue sent it and keeps track of all the users who have commented/are working on the issue to get it fixed. I recommend it for company's/departments that need a ticketing software to help keep track of issues and people involved with that particular project.

It helps us keep the flow of projects organized and to help see who is assigned to what, the status of the project, and what tickets are open/closed for each project.

MantisBT review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Simple, no-nonsense, gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I set MantisBT up and configured it for my team in about an hour and a half. What I like the best is how the program is so straightforward to use, from start to finish. Anyone can jump in, get the information they need, and then get on with their day. There's no slick UI to deal with, it's all simple text.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm really not a fan of is how attachments are treated in the tickets. In some other bug trackers I've used, it's possible to slot images in-line with text information. With MantisBT, you have to attach images and there's no way to reference them except for their file name. We type a lot of "see Figure 001" in our tickets, and that seems a little silly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MantisBT is a cheap, no-frills platform, but it certainly delivers more than it asks of you. If you aren't hung up about fancy UI, and need something right away, this is definitely a program you should look into. I implemented it as a temporary workaround to a problem while researching a "real" solution and discovered this was plenty "real" enough.

MantisBT has solved a serious communication problem we were having between our Support and Development departments. Support is now able to review existing bugs and log new ones on their own without trying to keep track of everything via email. Development is able to prioritize bugs as they come in, and all interested parties are notified whenever there are updates or resolution has been reached.

MantisBT review by Diane R.
Diane R.

"EXCELLENT TASK/PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOL"

What do you like best?

That I can manage multiple employees and contractors' projects in one place and everyone involved in the project can check status at any time and add their comments at any time.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints on the product. It does it's job.

The ability to keep all projects and IT tasks in a central place and be able to track them all from start to finish is a great benefit of the product.

MantisBT review by Dimitris S.
Dimitris S.

"Lightweight but efficient"

What do you like best?

MantisBT is a very good bug tracking software. We've deployed it in our own server and worked perfectly. The best thing is that it is open source, so we forked it and brought it to our needs. Very nice UI, simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

If I can compare it to Jira which I also used, it doesn't provide the same support for the teams. Actually, in the latest version of Mantis that I used, there were no teams available, which is difficult for many small teams

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As I said in my initial comment, it provides a lightweight software. Suitable for smaller companies.

Stands well for a basic bug tracking software. It's open source and it's maintained.

MantisBT review by Christian P.
Christian P.

"MantisHub - a great Provider for MantisBT"

What do you like best?

I ran MantisBT for some years on a self managed instance on Amazon Web Services. Then I came across the MantisHub Offer and decided to migrate to get rid of the hassle of maintaining my MantiBT Instance. The Migration went excellent and fast and the support of MantisHub is great (I only had 2 Support Issues shortly after the migration, since then it's running fast, smooth and hassle free. Now I have always the latest MantisBT Experience and nothing to worry about.

What do you dislike?

I had a custom extension to automatically book times from MantisBT to my Time Sheet (mite.yo.lk) - that could not be transferred to MantisHub as they do not allow custom extension. But that's only a small disadvantage of migrating to them and didn't stop me doing so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, for the Programmer(s) and the Customers

Consider MantisHub to have an easy overall experience and no hassle with your self hosted instance.

Maintaining the Bug Lists for Individual Programs I create and maintain for my customers.

MantisBT review by Juan C.
Juan C.

"Very good incident management"

What do you like best?

allows to manage in an orderly manner the incidents in the development process helping the software quality and streamlining processes.

What do you dislike?

the configuration of the application is not very friendly, it is necessary to have a technical knowledge of the components of Mantis for the creation of new profiles.

the management of software development incidents

MantisBT review by Sahil T.
Sahil T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is best bug tracking tool right now with open source. you can manage all the QA team on there by tracking they bugs.

What do you dislike?

If you using this is first time than it is tough on beginning after you feel great to use this.

We are solving the problems by tracking the bugs on mantis.

MantisBT review by Caterina P.
Caterina P.

"superb bug tracker, once customized we could use it as CAPA management tool too."

What do you like best?

efficiency of the MantisHub customer service, it is anyway easy to customize directly and where it's not possible the MantisHub does it quickly.

What do you dislike?

the Instances status change is too easy in the default configuration. but you just need to customize the property of field and make them mandatory on the basis of the status value and a message pops up automatically to advise you to fill them if you want to change the Instance status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have clear what you need, like first of all imagine what functions you want, the evaluate Mantis, if it doesn't have them is very probable you can customize it to bring them in. here are the customization instruction: http://support.mantishub.com/hc/en-us

we needed to centralize recording, tracking and analysis of various actions, coming from design test, field issues, quality system audits. this tool allows us to do it cheap, easy and at the same time with proper access control and data preservation.

MantisBT review by User

"MantisHub hosted service review"

What do you like best?

I was able to start using it essentially immediately, -- learning curve was zero.

What do you dislike?

A minor detail -- the field that enables linking issues to other issues requires the issue number -- perhaps having an issue selected could have been easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a straight forward and easy to use issue tracking tool, then MantisBT is a great choice.

Tracking of requirements and issues during a new software product development. Keeping track of progress, and what needs to be done next.

So far i used words and excel for it -- but, i got to the point where I needed a real tracking system

MantisBT review by Cesar I.
Cesar I.

"A good open-source bug tracking system"

What do you like best?

MantisBT is open source, that means that you can go in and change anything you don't like. It has all the basic things that a bug tracker should have but may lack in advanced features. It's easy to administer and configure. And it's free (there's a paid hosted version available). The risk of trying MantisBT is very low.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not very nice and not very fast. Some plugins are not very integrated and some others are very slow. In my experience, integrations with other systems are either unavailable or very hard to set up. What really could shine, but falls short, is integration with git or mercurial (or any other vcs). Even though there are some plugins for that, setting that up is not very easy and it takes a lot of time. A system to handle mercurial patches and do code review would make mantis a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's easy to install and try and it might just be what you are looking for. And it's free (there's a paid hosted version as well)

Tracking bugs is very important in any software development firm. There are some great proprietary and costly bug tracking systems that do an excellent work, but if budget is short, mantis is a great option. The customization options are very good and you can tweak it to your liking. Issue filtering and display is OK.

MantisBT review by G2 User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good open source Bug Tracking"

What do you like best?

Love the fact that is it open source and does what it needs to do without a lot of effort. Fairly intuitive. Given that it is open source and essentially free (we support internally) it is given a lot of leeway in terms of judgement. Not that I am suggesting that it isn't good software, it is just that it does have areas where it could be improved and for now given the cost to the organisation we can get past that.

What do you dislike?

Dated looking and isn't as flexible as we'd like it out of the box. The stock interface could use some upgrading as it looks very dated. Certain aspects of administration are quite as intuitive as we would like. But basic tasks can be done fairly easily and without a lot of effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup was not that easy but if you are somewhat technical and have a good sense of what it takes to install on a server then you should be fine. Not for the non-technical types though.

We don't do software development a lot, but when we do we need to have bug tracking that works both internally and for clients. This does the job very effectively. We don't have to put a lot of effort into maintaining it. We have been able to go through a number of projects and deal with bugs much more effectively using Mantis that the endless email trails we used to utilise.

MantisBT review by Lina María S.
Lina María S.

"An old bug tracking system for small companies"

What do you like best?

I have worked with Mantis a lot of time. It's free, it still has support and you should be able to get this running in mostly any decent PHP hosting.

What do you dislike?

It's old, so it doesn't have many integrations. You have to have support of a developer to install it on a hosting most of the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep in mind that this is a very old tool so it wont look nice not it wont have many integrations.

While working for small companies or as an independent consultant this is a good option if you or your company can't or doesn't want to invest in cloud solutions such as JIRA. If you need to keep track of bugs and development issues, this can be a good option for you.

MantisBT review by Razvan B.
Razvan B.

"Simple but efficient to use issue tracker"

What do you like best?

It is free to install locally, it is stable, and you have total control

You can add relations between issues

You can customize fields for a issue

You can create change-logs based on the issue tracking

You can install useful plugins to integrate with other services like svn

What do you dislike?

The interface is not modern

The filters can be cumbersome

It is not easy to configure it if you work in agile environment

Issue tracking from features to bugs. Benefits are you have in one place the possibility to search or link to a specific feature.

"Makes Work Easier"

What do you like best?

I like that it can keep and sort all issues found with a project. Then, once the testing is complete, I am able to go back and sort to see exactly what was changed for a single project. Keeps the number of Post-It notes to a minimum and keeps thing organized.

What do you dislike?

Entering an issue into Mantis takes a while. There are several fields to fill out and that can take some time. That being said, the benefits far outweigh the cost of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. As long as you are willing to provide the information, it will come in handy when looking back for possible future changes.

Multiple users are able to consult on an issue and provide feedback and answers in a very timely manner.

MantisBT review by Nicolás S.
Nicolás S.

"Good for what it is - a bug tracker."

What do you like best?

Mantis does a very good job at keeping a bug repository that your customers may access directly or via email. It is easily customizable, easy to install, fast, and may run on old hardware.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels like it's from the 80's. Apart from that, one of the worst aspects in day to day work is that, being a traditional web application, it will not save your half written bug report when it decides to log you out for inactivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mantis is a bug tracker, it doesn't do a good job at tracking tasks. If you want Mantis to do project managing, I would not recommend it.

MantisBT is our tool of choice for receiving and tracking bugs reported by the development team and those reported by customers. We realized we could save a lot of time by plugging our support@ email address to mantis so that it created new bugs automatically.

MantisBT review by User in Computer Software

"Mantis Bug Tracking tool is Excellent tool for bug tracking"

What do you like best?

1. Detailed features

2. Amount of metadata about bug

3. Option for status with customisation

4. Simplicity and Easy to Use

What do you dislike?

There is not major dislike for this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Mantis to any company looking for bug tracking software. Now it is also allowing cloud based option so you can go for that also.

It solve our issue of managing testing and bug fixing process. Now we have multiple product and versions with various bug and we can easy see dashboard of current open bug, fixed bugs and its status.

MantisBT review by Administrator

"buen gestor de proyectos, muy mejorable"

What do you like best?

es muy bueno para la gestión de proyectos, para el seguimiento y asignación de tareas. ofrece estadisticas completas por muchos aspectos distintos. además es muy intuitivo y la interfaz es muy sencilla.

What do you dislike?

la sencillez de la interfaz es quizás el mayor de los problemas, parece una aplicación web de los 90, digamos que en ciertos aspectos se podría mejorar mucho. Visualmente un poco anticuado, y en cuanto a funcionamiento en ocasiones es un poco tedioso pese a ser tan sencillo e intuitivo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ninguna

en la organización ha supuesto un avance y una mejora a la hora de que los departamentos técnicos y jefes de proyecto tengan mayor control sobre los tiempo y la carga de trabajo de los componentes de los distintos equipos.

MantisBT review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"Pretty good for the price."

What do you like best?

Used as a simple issue tracker with straight forward 1 to 1 workflow and activity history, it's great.

What do you dislike?

It's very no frills, so it has kind of a dated homemade look to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mantis it bare bones, but very easy to set up and use, and you can't beat the price.

accountability. everything in its place and easily searchable and properly assigned. no more 'not my job' or 'didn't realize you were waiting on me' or 'must've accidentally deleted the email.'

MantisBT review by Arnaud D.
Arnaud D.

"MantisHub for bug tracking a website release"

What do you like best?

I used Mantis a few years ago and thought it looked a bit geeky but the latest version of MantisHub (their on-line solution) is just fine: the UI is clear enough for clients / non-tech people to get started in no time. We used it for an (average size) e-commerce website release and within a few minutes, I had all set-up for our 4 people team to get cracking. They even have a French version. :)

What do you dislike?

Too many options? We used only a 1/3 of the horsepower since we had a small team and a very straight forward need. Nevertheless, it was a quick start.

Our need was to find an easy solution for filling bugs, assigning them and have them fixed. We needed a clear interface that we could all use and some email alerts to make sure no-one was missing out on important info. MantisHub did the trick.

MantisBT review by alex b.
alex b.

" teamwork"

What do you like best?

It is an OpenSource application made with php and mysql that stands out for its ease and flexibility to install and configure.

What do you dislike?

Nothing seems a good alternative when working as a team

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Which is a tool that if you know how to handle could save time and provide a quality of service

Allow greater control over the time that technicians include in a service order

Decrease requests entries by phone line

MantisBT review by Anderson F.
Anderson F.

"Excellent for simple projects"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Mantis is it's simplicity. It's a very easy to use program, easy to setup and easy to understand. It features some advanced controls like custom form fields, workflow and custom validation. Mantis will fulfill your from the very start and will move with you as you need more features because it has a very flexible plugin system, big community and there are many plugins available.

What do you dislike?

When your process gets more complicated and you need more custom rules mantis won't be able to do it out of the box. Also, it has a very basic UI, sometimes confusing if you need to display too much information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will fit most of the worflows used today in many developemtnenvironments.

We have been using Mantis to track bugs from our clients, clients have access to Mantis and can report bugs, attach screenshots and follow up the resolution of the requested bug or feature as it flows from each team. From QA to Development, from development to Testing and back to QA. Our clients always know what happens when they request us something.

MantisBT review by Xinhong S.
Xinhong S.

"Easy to use, free, configable, and stabl. We use it everyday"

What do you like best?

Easy install on our server. Not need other resouses. We can take full contral of it.

Builtin roles make it easy to finish our bug track process.

What do you dislike?

We want show others bug pictures, but it is not easy to do so. We must upload the screenshot as upload files. And not easy to show them.

In our developement department, we use it daily to fix bugs.

Testing team submit bugs report and developer solved them.

MantisBT review by Vincent S.
Vincent S.

"Great memories"

What do you like best?

It's got everything it should have. It's clean, sober, to-the-point. The source control plug-in adds all you can wish for in that regard, and the project management plugin adds just that (disclaimer - I'm the author).

It's cute, and the core contributors are great guys.

What do you dislike?

The layout is a bit outdated and not responsive, but they're working on that.

And oh yeah, if you want to contribute: it's written in php :).

MantisBT facilitates the entire end-to-end process of issue tracking. Because of its plug-ins you can use it to tackle any problem. The project management plugin gave us great visibility in regard to which projects were behind or ahead on schedule, which resources were overbooked, etc. It allowed management to adjust the scope of running projects, and in retrospect, to evaluate the quality of projects and the productivity of developers.

MantisBT review by Pratik P.
Pratik P.

"Not a lightweight bugtracker, not user friendly."

What do you like best?

Only best thing is the tagging system which could help tracking tickets by it's tags and user friendly easy columns management for reports exporting.

What do you dislike?

Heavy and slow UI, it is also not so user friendly Ui which creates loading issues and session timeout issues when posting tickets.

NOt as expected, UI is slow , tracking tickets is very exhausting for users, searching from specific strings is hard,

best thing is it has parent issue tagging and custom tagging.

MantisBT review by Karim R.
Karim R.

"Flexible bug tracker with outdated UI"

What do you like best?

- Extensible data model

- Easy to understand, open source code

- Modest server requirements

- Good plugin ecosystem

- Mobile app

What do you dislike?

- Terribly outdated user interface

- Many customizations are not possible without modifying software core

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only adopt if you're ready to support yourself technically - you will need a PHP developer to understand the code and navigate the community forums.

Since 2011, we have been managing several 5-6 concurrent software projects, with ~15 team members, mainly using MantisBT + Github (for source control). MantisBT has served all our issue tracking needs for these projects. We've integrated Mantis into our communication platform (Slack) for quicker team feedback.

MantisBT review by Muhammad A.
Muhammad A.

"Nice product but the UX need more care"

What do you like best?

The color coding, I still keep referring Mantis for that reason, lots of other BT tools have sweet littl icons, but seeing colors can easily give me an overall about the solved, closed,..or another type of bugs.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately mantis looks like a website from the 90th with a windows 98 style!

Mantis is good, but the visually appealing looking have an impact on the experience, specially for an engineer, designer or a QA who have to keep checking mantis during all the working hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Mantis if you are not tied with a specific GIT hosting service (Github, Bitbucket,...etc)

I'm working in game development. It is good tool and "almost" free for everyone, and that's enough to make a benefit. Another tool I always find at work is JIRA, but people keeps getting mantis as it is indie friendly with all team size.

MantisBT review by Davi M.
Davi M.

"A good kickstart for bug tracking"

What do you like best?

It's a good kickstart for people that are not used to bug tracking tools and practices. Easy to install and maintain, few requirements and a team platform right from the start.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it turns more complex than you really need, and, as time goes by and your project becomes a larger application, you notice that you need more flexibility which unfortunately Mantis BT does not offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider to use it when you have a small team with people that never had experienced bug tracking before.

It is really a great introduction tool for when you don't have any experience with bug tracking.

MantisBT review by Pablo R.
Pablo R.

"great tool for tickets and issues"

What do you like best?

i use during 3 years every day. is use to create tickets, requeriments, issues, bugs, etc.

i use reports.

is easy to use, and is free. this last point is a very important point, but the big companies may be want tools with support.

What do you dislike?

the look & feel is the point more low, and the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes i recommend if you dont want expense money.

easy to admin

free

i can manage all my tickets

MantisBT review by User in Computer Software

"Great Software but can cause a huge backlog"

What do you like best?

You can really define the tags that you want.

What do you dislike?

The backlog it can create is huge. We have over 10 years of bugs and it is hard to find the one that are still relevant. The search can have trouble when using multiple words.

This really helps the communication between the Application Engineers team and the development to store all information's about a particular bug at the same place. Benefits are improved communication between teams and better understanding of old issue through the search.

MantisBT review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Excellent tool for manging tasks and issues within project rollouts (New ERP System rollout)."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. You can set-up a very simple project tracking environment in minutes. Email notifications keep stakeholders informed of updates to important tasks. Good customisation options. Mantis keeps it simple and surely that's what users want. We shouldn't be hung-up on making this tool something it isn't (a developers plaything). It's a good robust reporting system for controlling projects at a low level.

Multi project capabilities and the option to import project tasks (issues) from a standard CSV file..

I'm using MantisHub (Cloud based SAAS). it really takes away the "limited pain" of setting MantisBT up. It's almost "piug and play" in that respect and my secure (https) site was set-up in minutes by the Mantis team.

Customer is in control of categories and classifications and the customised export facility allows you to export the data to Excel and use the exported data as a "data source" for either Crystal Reports or SSRS.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Product is fairly intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go straight to MantisHub. You really will be "up-and-running" in minutes :)

Low level project management. Project tasks and related issues are logged and controlled in MantisHub. Since it's cloud based, all users have 24/7 access which is a comforting feeling.

MantisBT review by Khara P.
Khara P.

"Easy to use and simple bug tracking software."

What do you like best?

MantisBT is simple and easy to use, tracks issues and bugs directly.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have as nice of a format, a little old looking, but does the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a simple but has limited usage as far as functionality goes, it does a good job of easy tracking.

Tracking and recording bugs, things that need to be fixed. Helps keep track of where you are and what is outstanding.

MantisBT review by Violet K.
Violet K.

"Mantis was a great bug tracking tool that I got to use in a busy environment with a large team"

What do you like best?

Mantis was great because it was very user friendly and easy to understand. When I just started my job I wasn't as familiar with any bug tracking tools other than Bugzilla, but Mantis was a step-up because it was more organized and easy to use. The thing that I liked most was that we could customize the issues in case we missed something or forgot to add something in.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that really stood out to me that I didn't like. I am using Jira now and absolutely love it in comparison, Mantis seems like it's just more bug oriented and it's a little harder to keep track of projects and what stage they're at

We were just trying to get more organized as a team. When I just joined the team there was not much organization and nobody really knew what bugs had or had not been reported, but Mantis definitely helped with that!

MantisBT review by User

"Good tool to track and resolve issues. "

What do you like best?

Easy to collaborate on and track issues with teammates/ other departments.

What do you dislike?

Time-out issues cause some re-typing which can be obnoxious (it doesn't always take too long, can be by the time you're done typing up an issue). I tend to keep an email open or blank doc and copy/paste as I go so I don't have to try to remember from scratch what I had in the fields.

Mostly web-based collaborative solutions. We are able to track issues and resolve them; assigning based on severity and type.

MantisBT review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"An user friendly tool"

What do you like best?

Using Mantis is quick and easy. And new user doesn't need to spend a lot of time to learn. The other good point is the support who provide a very great and immediate assistance to the questions from user. Highly recommend to use this tool broadly.

What do you dislike?

Not at this moment and the minor issue is not able to send issue to an email who is outside the preset list of users

Handling various defects from a large pool of testers.

MantisBT review by User

"MantisBT: good and user friendly bug tracking tool. "

What do you like best?

First of all its free so no need to buy any license.

Its faster and the UI is easy to understand.

We can handle multiple projects there is no limit.

We have a mobile versions for Android, window and IPhone devices.

What do you dislike?

UI is not much attractive.

No warning or notifications for tickets or issue that has near future end dates. We just go in and check one by one manually.

For managing the bug life cylce and sprints or releases.

MantisBT review by User

"Looks a bit dated, but customizable"

What do you like best?

The filtering on the view issues tab is great to see where a current issue or project stands.

What do you dislike?

The overall look of the program feels cluttered and not easily navigable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you have someone knowledgeable enough to customize and maintain Mantis according to your business needs, it is great.

We used to use email to report bugs for our website and sometimes those would get lost and never resolved. This program makes it much easier to track those issues.

MantisBT review by Jackie A.
Jackie A.

"MantisHub is a good fit for us"

What do you like best?

It has an Intuitive user interface which works well for both our developers and testers, including business users. Also like the flexibility to add custom fields and customize values. Summary and reporting work well too. Their support is very responsive and effective - mainly have used for customization of values.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind - it all works very well for our teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MantisHub is a great product to quickly implement bug tracking and change management.

Using it for tracking bugs and change requests on a number of projects.

MantisBT review by Tony G.
Tony G.

"Great support from Mantis hub"

What do you like best?

I like Mantis for its simplicity of use but the support from Mantis hub has been great when needed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have used Mantis over the years and there is nothing I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask the MantisBT any question you have

Setting up Mantis projects correctly.

MantisBT review by Mehdi S.
Mehdi S.

"A bit cumbersome, but its free and has lots of features."

What do you like best?

Free and lots of features and highly configurable.

What do you dislike?

It has a steep learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free and full featured and with additional plugins can become quite a powerful tool for use in software development

Bug tracking

MantisBT review by Executive Sponsor in Executive Office
Executive Sponsor in Executive Office

"Mantis Review"

What do you like best?

Logging of issues - assignments to staff. Ease of use - no real need to be super savvy

What do you dislike?

Interface could be more appealing and easy to use. Only complaint.

Communication between staff across the globe. Benefits are huge in term of assigning tasks and getting realtime responses.

MantisBT review by Davide B.
Davide B.

"Issue tracking and workflow management"

What do you like best?

Easiness in customization of workflow, project management.

What do you dislike?

Minimal graphic, mail to ticket feature included, bad reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opensource and big community available

Ticketing management in IT Department, workflow approval for other departments in the company.

MantisBT review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Helps communication with tech team"

What do you like best?

We use MantisBT as a way for the tech team to catalog issues they are working on and it is helpful to refer to so that we are not reporting duplicate issues and check the status of issues.

What do you dislike?

I wish the status updates were added chronologically from most recent so you didn't have to scroll down to get to the current information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Coordinate with your team on how you are defining priority issues.

Time management

MantisBT review by Consultant

"Our number one bug tracking tool"

What do you like best?

- Open source tool.

- So easy to use to track software bugs.

- Email notifications.

- Managing of bugs and relating them.

What do you dislike?

- Doesn't have a test planning integration.

- Doesn't manage SLAs(service level agreement).

- No indexed file search

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good open source tool for developpement projects.

As developper and QA consultant, we need to keep track of the bugs rised by the business testing units and also manage Reportings of the bugs.

MantisBT review by User

"MantisBT - Bug Tracking tool with lots of funtionality"

What do you like best?

Bug tracking now easy with different colors for different states, MantisBT is open source for customization. It stores a permanent record of performance, Time spent on the project.

What do you dislike?

Subscription Price needs to review. Need to include more features for project management.

Activity Tracking helps the current status of the issued bug, which is useful to resolve bugs.

MantisBT review by G2 User in Information Technology and Services
G2 User in Information Technology and Services

"Does the trick, but hard to customize."

What do you like best?

This software will certainly allow you to track bugs and put them into a tiered system, allowing you to focus efforts.

What do you dislike?

If you wish to customize this software then you are very limited on its capacities, and it does not have any workflow system built into its setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend you go through their articles and knowledge database in order to help sort out ways to tweak the system more towards your uses.

We use this to track large bugs in the system and improvements to our software grouped by release dates.

MantisBT review by Georg W.
Georg W.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Mantis is a very transparent application. I like the overviews and lists. Flexibilits with creating users and custom fields.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. We would prefer a better time reporting.

Projects in larger teams with more than two parites. Every user has great visibility of tickets and tasks. Project managers can steer easily and have good overview. I prefer it to jira.

MantisBT review by Brandi F.
Brandi F.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Efficiency at it's finest and very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the cost of the program, financial mainly.

I have solved several issues with Mantisbt. I feel that the benefits of this program are uncountable.

Learning about MantisBT?

* We monitor all MantisBT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.