Buddy Reviews & Product Details

Buddy Overview

What is Buddy?

Get back your time with Buddy’s delivery pipelines that eliminate repeatable tasks in your daily development. Automatically build & ship web projects on a single git push, on click, or recurrently. Easily define your own delivery process just like you build a house of bricks: from builds and tests, to deployments, custom scripts, and website monitoring. Bring the newest tech to your team’s stack with native Docker support: containers, microservices, Kubernetes deployments, and more.

Buddy Details
Discussions
Buddy Community

Code, build and deploy with no effort

Buddy

Buddy Reviews

Showing 105 Buddy reviews
Already have Buddy?
Junior Full Stack Developer
What do you like best?

Buddy has great documentation which helped me, essentially a beginner to DevOps set up my own automated CI/CD pipelines.

Love the free option. This helps junior developers like me immensely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I adopt a SAAS platform I would like to see myself using it for the long term. I would like to see a slightly cheaper option in the Pro level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buddy will be a good choice for your project(s) and you will not regret it. Give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Buddy I don’t have to worry about FTPing my files every time I want to push up a change. Instead it’s very easy once I set up the pipeline. I feel like I can concentrate on developing more without worrying about how to get my code out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's extremely simple and straightforward to set up your deployment. It takes just a few clicks and has very easy to use UI. As someone who hates configuring things in a YML file it's extremely helpful to have everything be done and setup with integrations with third-party platforms like Amazon or Slack. They provide a huge amount of integrations and you can request them and it seems they are really responsive on the support side. Overall Buddy is my favorite tool for CI at the moment and will be using it for my next few projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost could be a little lower and the build speeds could be faster but there is nothing extremely dislikable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use buddy to do deployments based on commits sent to different branches. This has made setting up beta and qe servers extremely easy and made my only deployment workflow to be submitting a PR to a specific branch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Javascript Developer
What do you like best?

It's interface and simplicity. It's the first time I'm using a UI to automatically deploy my apps and this was so easy. Has lots of built-in integrations, so it was very easy to setup and so far, very reliable. Currently on my pipeline to deploy a small project. Also their support is outstanding. One day I got an email from them, telling they found some potential error in my repo, using their lint. I could check and fix that, but I definitely wasn't expecting them to be so proactive, specially because I'm on the free plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, I've been using it for the past 4 months and it looks like it's still pretty new, so there are things they still don't have and yet, looks like they are implementing new features very fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are testing something and don't want to go heads first on paying some app, give Buddy a try. It's very easy to use and so far, has been everything I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy continuous deployment for small application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that 100% of the time I have a task that involves logging into Buddy, I know I won't be let down. The overall UX is so intuitive that I was provisioning and orchestrating processes that I would have historically sought DevOps help for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the trial is a little short. I wasn't fully prepared to try all of my use cases out in the short timeframe they offered but that's more on me. Really stretching here, everything else is fantastic and again, that was my lack of preparation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their workflow and feature-set is so solid that you could have spun up a trial account, created a workspace and started CI/CD cycles in the time it took you to read my review. I'm 100% serious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to worry about CI/CD... I just focus on what I enjoy doing most, writing application code. The primary benefit is the reduction in anxiety knowing that from a deployment perspective, Buddy is covering it. I just do my thing and it handles all of the rest, I'm happy, users are happy, win win. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backend Engineer
What do you like best?

* Simplicity

* Ease of creating complex integrations in a single step

* The UI/UX of dashboard

* The level of transparancy of each tasks running and statuses in the pipeline Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Sometimes the dashboard hangs and updates does not happen realtime. Other than that nothing else I can think about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep innovating. You guys are doing great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are doing the complete auto-deployment process using Buddy for all our backend as well as frontend stack. The best benifit I can tell you is as a systems guy, I don't have to worry about deployments of applications once it's configured with Buddy. Buddy takes care of everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity to set up any workflow is incredible... I used to get tired just to think about other CI/CDs which requires a lot of work to get going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setup complete test repos are tricky to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an awesome service. Just be sure it is affordable for your project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For now we have a lot of workflows set-up on buddy. But now I'm trying to setup a test workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer
What do you like best?

Buddy has many pre-configured pipeline actions that made setting up AWS publishing to ECR and Elasticbeanstalk a breeze compared to competitors. Having built in slack integration made it very easy to see deployment progress via a slack CI channel.

Buddy has one of the fastest CI that's I've worked with. Spinning up a task takes seconds at most. We saved several minutes on each task by switching to Buddy from GitLab pipelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setting up interactions on multiple pipelines can be confusing. Sometimes the pipelines miss a push to the repository Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved our previous slow ci testing and deployment with the blazing fast buddy works pipelines Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President, UX Developer
What do you like best?

We've been using Buddy for years - first with their self-hosted setup, and now with their cloud offering. Buddy has made every step of CI/CD so so easy, and I couldn't imagine using anything else. It integrates with almost everything, and never lets us down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a cheaper option available than what we use, but still very happy with the service - just feel like there is a lot there we are paying for and not using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deploying PHP applications, running web pack builds, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about Buddy is that its is incredibly easy to pick up on. In no time you have a complete pipeline build in the easy to use UI. Afterwards (if you want to) you can export it to a yml file and put it in your source control. This way its easy to first setup your pipeline but still have the definition in your source control!

You create those pipelines by chaining actions, luckily there are a lot of actions available for almost every situation imaginable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We noticed that a few options from the UI aren't available through the yml configuration, not sure if this is still the case but we haven't really used those features anyway.

It is a bit pricy but we work for customers so they get to pay for our usage.

Last time I tried there was no docker compose support, however having a quick look at the docs there seems to be some progress in this? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Normally we always used Travis for our CI and Heroku to handle the CD part. However the Heroku servers are pretty limited so we had to look for another solution.

In the end we now run on digitalocean but we lost the CD part we were used to, Buddy managed to solve this and also took over as our CI tool since it is so much quicker than a lot of other tools around! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer, Platform Interfaces
What do you like best?

Buddy actually cares about the Developer and User experience! It feels like an easy-to-use GUI for DevOps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I should note that I'm just starting off with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to use another service for a client's site I barely update. I went to login and realized they deleted my account for inactivity. I was already thinking about Buddy for other projects but that sealed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DevOps Engineer
What do you like best?

Buddy's GUI is really awesome and to create pipeline's using Buddy is really really simple. For a beginner who doesnt understand CICD much, start using Buddy and you will get to know everything related to CICD in a day. Buddy is also constantly improving and new features everyday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For startups, they can reduce the price because they are more prone to pipeline failures and need more focus on pipelines so when they grow, their pipelines grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I started using it, I brought this to 3 other organisations. It solved the most value-able part for me at least - "TIME" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UI looks ok, has pages to configure things (should really all be in yaml though for revision control), UI design is better than some other CI systems I've used Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited Open Source support (only 5 repos) so I have decommissioned this on most of my GitHub repos now in favour of other CI systems like GitHub Actions, Travis CI and Azure DevOps which are my top 3 (in that order, I still use a lot of other CI systems too, see https://github.com/harisekhon for a tonne of them).

The Yaml is a bit ugly with capitalized strings and too many explicit options from the generated default template.

Lots of options do not appear in the yaml to revision control, which would be ideal.

It's own quirks, where builds may get cancelled or fail for random reasons that aren't my code, eg. upstream apt repos are temporarily unavailable (unfortunately most CI systems don't detect and retry this properly so you must do some retries yourself).

Badge could be nicer looking, like GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Circle CI, Semaphore CI or the shields.io badges (shields.io supports tonnes of CI systems but not Buddy unfortunately, otherwise I would have replaced the "buddy.works" badge in my README.md with a nicer constructed one with flexible text, formatting & icon from shields.io) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI testing of build automation across disparate environments. You can see lots of my code and builds here:

https://github.com/harisekhon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Master Engineer
What do you like best?

Ease of use

Great github integration

Decent build space Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More docs/examples would be great. Although very beginner-friendly, some of the details, esp. related to build env. are not 100% clear Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a painless, containerised CI/CD solution that integrates will with lots of existing technology. Buddy is worth a look Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating build of firmware that requires a complex toolchain that I really don't want to have to manually deploy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* Beautiful, simple, and intuitive interface - Whether you are a novice or pro, you'll be able to create pipelines in no time. I compare this to the UI seen in Digital Ocean vs AWS.

* Resources and documentation - Stuck on how to accomplish a task? More than likely, Buddy has already written a demo on the exact thing you are trying to do. Also, their support is top notch.

* Actions and integrations - Buddy provides the building blocks you need to rule the CI/CD world. Don't let this beautiful app fool you, it's powerful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some documentation shows how to accomplish a specific task, however don't blindly copy that into your pipelines. It may not be optimized for production (ie: running PHP's built in development server).

Additionally, I originally signed up for a free account, however was unable to build anything useful with their free-tier limits. I ultimately, had to upgrade to a paid plan to utilize the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you prefer using the UI of Digital Ocean over AWS, then you will like using Buddy. It's UI provides novices with a non-intimidating way to build powerful CI/CD pipelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buddy enables our organization to run CI/CD across multiple environments. It provides the building blocks required to put complex pipelines together. Our organization has realized speedy deployments that we can count on. Additionally, we've built in test runners to ensure branches are always passing appropriate checks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy and simple it is to get started, especially with all their well-written guides.

Also, the whole interface is so sleek and easy to use, which is something a lot of other competitors lack. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep. But other than that, nothing really comes to mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was hesitant to start using Buddy, but I'm really glad I did, as it's by far the best CI/CD platform I've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've tried many different CI/CD solutions, and either they lack features, are horrible to use if you want to do something out of the ordinary or is heavy tied-in to a specific way of doing things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- pre-built action ecosystem

- Prompt and friendly support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- yaml syntax is verbose. I have to write a lot configuration

- Can't handle pull request builds Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Ability to hold for manual approval on builds

- Can chain pipelines together spanning multiple repositories Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DevOps Engineer
What do you like best?

Every bash script or YML steps converted into GUI which is nice I love it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

till now there is not, but I think everything will be nice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use it and very well documentation. I am zero experience in building pipelines or CI/CD but with buddy.works everything was easy to use. Really I love you guys. you solved my nightmare issue.

Thank a lot :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI/CD pipelines Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I found it intuitive to use and never needed to request help from their support teams. Provides a good set of functionality on the free tier for small teams, projects or simply evaluation. I am pleased with the ability to manage pipeline as code or simply configure via their UI. Authentication with Github a plus for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was unable to run my golang builds on the free tier, but took the plunge given my satisfaction with the remainder of the features. Am glad I did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a hosted CI/CD solution for my freelance work. This has enabled me to just that. On push to origin, my code is built, tested and deployed out to Amazon Web Services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of set up, it's so easy to set up an automated pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, its a great system, overall it could use a UI revamp to make it less busy, but it's laid out well and not confusing like other CI/CD tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may or may not suit your needs, but I found it easy to set up and a tool that doesn't hinder your processes, instead, compliments them. I found the process quite refreshing and easy to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buddy is helping us with our devops requirements. We can't justify hiring dedicated devops, so it's extremely important that all "Devs" can easily use Buddy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility, and the amount of actions that can be executed, I also really like the amount of integrations that you can do with other technological solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The sandbox server is not very flexible, and I don't like that it doesn't support custom nginx conf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pipelines from every custom projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to configure to deploy anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UI is not that simple it takes time to learn it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an easy and simple solution to deploy anything and automating the server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love the quick links to the projects and the guge number of integrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really relevant, maybe sometimes assigning old users to new projects can be a bit tricky Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have lots of different deployment types, Buddy is a must. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buddy is helping us streamline the deployment of our web and mobile projects. We achieved more orderly management of our projects and destination servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Innovator
What do you like best?

It is very simple to setup, I usually do not enjoy dealing with CI systems, but in this case, this was painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite pricey the moment you need more than the free tier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I generate the arduboy.ried.cl website after people contribute in my repo and also compile the firmware portapack.ried.cl, those two tasks were a pain to deal with because they are quite long Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Safety Telecommunicator
What do you like best?

Buddy has made continuous deployment a dream. It was super easy to set up, maintain, and has never failed me. I push an update to my side and it’s live. Couldn’t ask for a better platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI can sometimes be a little confusing but in fairness, all questions about it are answered in documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buddy solves the need for setting up quick CI/CD. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User interface and the facts that it is easy to setup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. All good and acceptable for my usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy for continuous development and deployment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.