Bluefish Reviews & Product Details

Bluefish Overview

What is Bluefish?

Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdevelopers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code.

Bluefish Details

Bluefish Editor
N/A

Bluefish Reviews

Showing 44 Bluefish reviews
Already have Bluefish?
What do you like best?

In our company, the entire team of programmers and web developers use this powerful editor, since it offers us many options to write and design websites, execute scripts and programming code that benefits us in all the tasks assigned to us. Bluefish has an interface that supports many programming and markup languages, which allows us to adapt the platform to any need. It is truly one of the most efficient open source development software on the market, which has met all expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to handling too many open text files in the various tabs that this software allows us to handle, it tends to hang a little or become slow, which is quite understandable, and this happens if you work with files that have more than 50 thousand lines. However, we pay close attention to this and handle the files that allow Bluefish to develop quickly, in order to use the functions it offers us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best solution for the creation of websites, it is extremely useful for experienced programmers and developers and also for those who do not have extensive knowledge on the subject, in both cases it encourages their capabilities and makes the most of them. The platform is highly professional, has features for GUI editing, in addition to having an interface suitable for handling multiple documents, and fully functional project support, as well as automatic configuration restoration, online spell check and more. features that allow all workers to optimize their performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We took full advantage of Bluefish's HTML editor, it is an excellent example of how good open source software can be for a growing company like ours. It is a platform that provides us with many functions and many tools with which we save time even for the team of experienced programmers, while still being friendly enough so that the beginners of the organization are just as productive in a short time. It is very useful in turn, because it has characteristics such as speed, the ability to open multiple files simultaneously, a powerful multiproject support, and support for remote files, highly customizable syntax markup, support for sub-patterns and assistant predefined patterns. for easy creation of documents, creation of tables and frames different sets of characters with which we are a much more agile team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Engineer
What do you like best?

Light weight, More support for Linux and open source applications and languages. Better documentations like wiki. webdev support. many language support it's. It is very light you can use on a PC without many requirements, Speed. faster opening and closing. less hardware requirement.

BlueFish is that it is a very stable and simple editor. This software has easy programming tools that allow you to edit text easily. It doesn't include about space in the hard hover of my machine. particularly fulfilled by utilizing it .I like it's spotless and decent interface. There aren't too many editing and design instruments, which makes it simple to follow and uncomplicated. the ability to edit HTML by hand versus, even those who have no knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, etc. I also came across the software ability to make and alter design projects. Good Product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limited features on my PC than compared to MAC. and no so fancy looking. No an 'Upload to FTP site' button. Less Updates and fixes for bluefish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use not resource hungry, Open source. It is the best solution for the creation of websites. The platform is highly professional. In addition to having an interface suitable for handling multiple documents, and fully functional project support, as well as automatic configuration restoration, online spell check and more. if you need to do it quickly, keep in mind that bluefish is not an advanced text editor so you can not demand the same things as a full IDE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coding Errors, scripting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Specialist
What do you like best?

La sencilles es lo que más me gusta de este programa, hace lo que esperas y punto, no hay un monton de características que no hacen falta. Otros aspectos a destacar son la biblioteca de fragmentos de código y la posibilidad de personalizar tu propia barra rápida con los botones de otras barras que más uses es muy faci de usar y muy rapido a diferencia de otros editres web que en muchas ocasiones son lentos, este editor web soporta muchos lenguajes tales como:html/xhtml, css, js, php, c++, java, ruby, xml y lo mejor de todo es que podemos acceder a el de manera gratuita sin realizar algun tipo de pago o recargo. BlueFish es una aplicación multiplataforma que funciona en la mayoría de los sistemas operativos, incluyendo Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, Solaris y OpenBSD Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ningun punto negativo de esta grandiosa herramienta puesto que me sirvio para todas las cosas que necesite para terminar y perfeccionar mis web e incluso mejorar la de mis clientes familiares y amigos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es recomendable emplear esta gran herramienta llamada bluefish puesto que El proveedor del servicio se encargara de mantener nuestro servidor, no tendrás que preocuparte ni de caídas, ni de actualizaciones de seguridad, ni de nada que no sea crear y actualizar tu página asi como tambien y lo mas importante es que es una herramienta gratuita que nos brinda las mismas caracteristicas que nos brinda una herramienta privada en la cual debemos pagar para usarla Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Terminar y perfeccionar mi pagina web de manera facil rapida y sencilla ahorrando un monton de tiempo debido a que esta herramienta omite o no posee muchas funciones que la mayoria de las veces no tulizamos, esta herramienta es muy buena y eficiente. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

Bluefish is easy to use and allows you to quickly create simple sites of HTML and CSS content, perfect for static content sites such as websites of companies where you only want to show some information about the company and contact forms.

Although the application is not bad, I must say that it must be used and understood as the objective of the application, which is to be a basic and simple web editor to perform simple tasks and not for the creation of advanced websites that include technologies such as php and MySQL database management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although bluefish does not pretend to be a first level editor, I must say that it has become outdated and this is especially noticeable in the visual interface. It is also noticeable in the content that is added as part of the web, mainly HTML tags that close badly or use tables that are not for tabulating data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using bluefish as an editor for simple things, especially if you need to do it quickly, keep in mind that bluefish is not an advanced text editor so you can not demand the same things as a full IDE. I also recommend using it if you are looking for something free for what I have said above. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need a light application to make quick fixes to html and css files, but also in some configuration files, bluefish works well for this task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
Internet
What do you like best?

What I liked most about BlueFish is that it is a very stable and simple editor. The installer is very light, which is consistent with the little RAM consumed by the application and the speed with which it opens and closes. Personally I think it is a particularly useful tool as a fast text editor rather than for the programming of websites because for this purpose I prefer to write the code directly.

The best of BlueFish:

- Quick and low RAM consumption editor

- Multi platform, Personally I have tested the Windows and Linux versions and they are identical.

- The HTML code that you create is very clean unlike other similar solutions where you add many unnecessary things to the code.

- BlueFish is tottaly free even if you need for your business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I did not like about BlueFish is that it does not get updated too much, the last one is from year 2017, it could be an excellent product if it were to turn more in its development. The graphical interface must also be updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using BlueFish if you are starting to program HTML websites and you need to quickly check how your code is represented on the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BlueFish works very well as a text editor especially because it is very light and supports large files without problems. Although sometimes we also use it to quickly visualize HTML code and quick editions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer service representative
What do you like best?

I love that this software is free. I love that anybody can use because everyone needs tools that they can actually use for free. It is the best. Also, this software has easy programming tools that allow you to edit text easily. There are a variety of tools here that I love and make it easy for me to use. I like the variety of tools for this software where there is so many to choose from that I can keep searching for the advanced tools for my project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has millions of tools and sometimes I find it difficult to find the one to use. Sometimes, I need a certain text but I do not know which one because I can not find any that stands out at the moment. Thus, I dislike that there are so many. I can not decide which one is the best one for my project. I dislike that it takes a long time to choose a good one because they all seem like good text tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that Bluefish categorize the texts tools in sections so it is easy to find the right tool for the right person right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some errors occur in my project. for example, my project has the wrong text or design so I use this software to edit my texts because it has so many tools. These tools are advanced and simple to use. Bluefish provides me with the benefits I have always wished for like using advanced tools to make my project fancy and look better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador de páginas web
What do you like best?

It is very light you can use on a PC without many requirements, is quite complete and easy to use, has an excellent customization of the toolbar to maximize the performance in my work and saves me time Configurándola my style and the most Frequent that I use, I like that I can synchronize a block of codes to repeat them in all target files, many tags available, highlight color syntax auto-complete options and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't find anything that dislikes me from this program until now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it a lot, it is a great tool and it is also free you have nothing to lose on the contrary you have much to gain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gracias a su codificación y flexibilidad con más de un codificador en diferentes niveles. Es muy fácil de usar con live-view y CSS. Así como la facilidad de apertura y tener múltiples ventanas abiertas. Gracias a esto, ha mejorado nuestra velocidad de codificación y hace que los sitios salgan al mercado con pocos errores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Técnico de Desarrollo de Software
What do you like best?

A simple and configurable interface, being able to use it for different text formats. And multiplatform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally I do not find anything that I dislike about this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A powerful, simple and easy to use editor that adapts to any platform you are using Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A powerful, simple and easy-to-use editor that helped me edit PHP code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Especialista en ventas y marketing
What do you like best?

Among so many things I like about this program we can highlight: 1-it can be installed on any PC because it is very light and fast. 2-It's free and offers so many options to make the best designs. 3-they update it frequently which makes it always on par with other programs. 4-It has direct links to Photoshop which makes uploading images quickly and creating the best websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this program to be free meets a lot of expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free you have nothing to lose when you try it but I assure you will not regret. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to its codification and flexibility with more than one encoder at different levels. It is very easy to use with live-view and CSS. As well as the ease of opening and having multiple windows open. Thanks to this it has improved our coding speed and make the sites go to market with few errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador de páginas web autónomo
Internet
What do you like best?

What I like about Bluefish is that it is lightweight and has good performance, in addition to being cross-platform and has a very functional toolbar that I can configure to have the most frequent elements available to work more quickly. I can synchronize the code block to repeat them in all the destination files. It has many labels available, you can highlight the syntax with colors, it has an autocomplete function, among other things. Also, it's free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The truth is that there isn't something specific that I don''t like. In general it's a software that fulfills its objective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good software that is worth trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used it as a learning method and because I like its deployment in web servers and its speed. It isn't a software that I use often, however I know you have many advantages over other website editors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be presented on any PC. It doesn't include about space in the hard hover of my machine. It moreover offers a couple of instruments that make it easy to plan or control any photo. The assurance by shading is one that I find for the most part profitable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

genuinely don't have many negative things to state with respect to this item. Some time back I speculated that its interface had a somewhat outdated edge, yet in the latest months I have had the ability to see that in the new structures they have improved this perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used GIMP to make an extensive variety of advancing materials, for instance, flyers, print commercials, web advancements, online life conveyances, business cards and significantly more. Additionally, clearly, it's optimal for modifying pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can quickly perfect a photo to use in our flyer or presents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gimp can empower you to change over shading profiles, adjust wonder/separate, work with layers, et cetera with the explanation behind making fiery photos and outlines for your affiliation. Since it's free, budgetary objectives are not an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bluefish is a fast, lightweight code editor.And Interface of Bluefish is outstanding which is user friendly to use it and compiled many languages and web Developments within it. The best feature of it is ,those who have no knowledge of HTML, PhP, CSS , etc. can use it to create a website.

Don't have to click search for my files and images. And Very easy to edit documents.

Bluefish to check out their Branding & Design- they offer prototype development.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bluefish is not only editor ,it is IDE for all types of languages like c,c++ ,HTML,CSS,JavaScript,......etc. and nothing to dislike it . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm a student and do my all projects with this editor and I recommended those developers to switch towards it and gain your knowledge with awesome editor.And I'm sure ,you love it . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do my all projects and my team members in Bluefish software and My personal projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bluefish is great supervisor for experienced website specialists . Be that as it may, this doesn't imply that noob clients shouldn't in any event attempt it; they could truly be awed with it.The autocomplete is greatly improved, and it doesn't include as much rubbish code when utilizing the wizards or fast catches. I know somebody may not pick this first time but rather observing it's usefulness and administrations gave , they can not deny to utilize it . At any rate I am particularly fulfilled by utilizing it .I like it's spotless and decent interface . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have an application for cell phones. This supervisor is the best of the free decisions. It could have a superior mix with WordPress also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a high peril adventure! Def worth endeavoring anyway basically be watchful among me and distinctive coders who have used it have said it crashes occasionally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coding and adaptability with in excess of one coders at various levels. Easy to use with live-see and css. Like the simplicity of opening and having different windows open. It has enhanced our speed of coding and inspiring locales to run live with practically no mistakes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mind boggling administrator for anyone be it beginner or expert.what I treasure most about bluefish is that it is so normal to investigate through your records and straightforward association with photoshop which makes a website specialists life basic when exchanging archives from photoshop.bluefish is light which makes it great with even a low resource machine when appeared differently in relation to various virtual items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sadly there isn't sufficient highlights. There are a great deal of bugs and crashes amid typical utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a high danger adventure! Def worth endeavoring anyway just be watchful among me and distinctive coders who have used it have said it crashes every once in a while Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coding and adaptability with in excess of one coders at various levels. Easy to use with live-see and css. Like the simplicity of opening and having different windows open. It has enhanced our speed of coding and motivating destinations to run live with almost no mistakes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be exhibited on any PC. It does exclude about space in the hard float of my machine. It besides offers a few instruments that make it simple to plan or control any photograph. The affirmation by shading is one that I find generally beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

really don't have many negative things to state as for this thing. Some time back I estimated that its interface had a to some degree obsolete edge, yet in the most recent months I have could see that in the new structures they have enhanced this point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have utilized GIMP to make a broad assortment of propelling materials, for example, flyers, print advertisements, web headways, online life movements, business cards and altogether more. Also, plainly, it's ideal for changing pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can rapidly idealize a photograph to use in our flyer or presents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gimp can engage you to change over shading profiles, alter ponder/isolated, work with layers, and so on with the clarification behind making searing photographs and layouts for your alliance. Since it's free, budgetary goals are not an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be introduced on any PC. It doesn't involve nearly space in the hard circle of my machine. It likewise offers a few instruments that make it simple to plan or control any picture. The determination by shading is one that I find generally valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

truly don't have many negative things to say in regards to this product. Some time back I suspected that its interface had a to some degree out of date angle, yet in the most recent months I have possessed the capacity to see that in the new forms they have enhanced this viewpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have utilized GIMP to create a wide range of promoting materials, for example, flyers, print advertisements, web promotions, online life distributions, business cards and considerably more. What's more, obviously, it's ideal for altering pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can rapidly consummate a photograph to use in our pamphlet or handouts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gimp can enable you to change over shading profiles, modify splendor/differentiate, work with layers, and so on with the reason for making energetic photographs and designs for your association. Since it's free, budgetary imperatives are not an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lo que me encanta del bluefish es que todos mis archivos estén en el programa. Me encanta no tener que hacer clic en buscar mis archivos e imágenes. También me encanta que puedo ahorrar fácilmente y comenzar nuevos proyectos cuando no me gusta algo que hice.

Rápido y fácil de usar. Capaz de crear proyectos. Muy fácil de editar documentos. Actualizado con frecuencia. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Se cuelga de vez en cuando. No es el programa más confiable que he usado, así que hay algunos problemas con eso. Algunos otros codificadores han dicho lo mismo también, así que sé que no es sólo mi ordenador. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No es una inversión de alto riesgo! Vale la pena intentarlo, pero ten cuidado entre yo y otros programadores que lo han usado han dicho que se bloquea de vez en cuando. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Codificación y flexibilidad con más de un codificador en diferentes niveles. Muy fácil de usar con live-view y css. Como la facilidad de abrir y tener múltiples ventanas abiertas. Ha mejorado nuestra velocidad de codificación y conseguir que los sitios salgan al mercado con pocos o ningún error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Bluefish is pretty easy to use. It is easy to self-teach one's self to use the product and is straightforward. There aren't too many editing and design instruments, which makes it simple to follow and uncomplicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that Bluefish when compared to other design programs and platforms, does seem slightly outdated. Because it is so simple and easy to use, it can be mistaken for lower quality and limited in terms of design creation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When it comes to advertising, Bluefish is the best way to go. Bluefish offers a simple and quick way to put together flyers, business cards, brochures--anything to advertise your cause or mission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being an organization not funded by our university, it is imperative that we find and utilize programs that are free and of high quality. Bluefish is great in regards to our PR chair introducing a program that advertises our mission and doesn't kill our budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This editorial manager is the best of the free decisions. You can alter significantly more effortlessly than essentially everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have an application for cell phones. This editorial manager is the best of the free decisions. It could have a superior combination with WordPress too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would try it out. It's anything but difficult to utilize and has a great deal of devices for a free programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have possessed the capacity to effortlessly consider and compose code. It has spared a huge amount of time over utilizing a basic word processor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Presiding Bishop
What do you like best?

I like the ability to edit HTML by hand versus by block. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing right off the top of my head. They did a great job creating this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it routinely for web design and theme editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bluefish editor is easy to use, so even those who have no knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, etc. can use it to create a website. It is also time saving when compared to hand coding as many things can be done viw simple mouse clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WYSIWYG editors can detract from learning how to code properly. Also, it can be quite mouse intensive so be careful of wrist stress injuries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you'll like it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating and maintaining web sites and web baswd systems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Relativamente ligero y fácil de aprender, a la vez que ofrece muchas características de un entorno de desarrollo integrado para apoyar tanto la programación como el desarrollo de sitios web Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No hay suficientes características. El problema para mí era la capacidad de sincronizar archivos locales con mi servidor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simplemente pruébalo. Hay una pequeña curva de aprendizaje, pero dale una oportunidad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creación y mantenimiento de sitios web, sistemas de gestión basados en web, API para mis clientes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It caters to my website editing needs and the results are very dynamic. I also came across the softwares ability to make and alter design projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I started working on my Macbook with this software but it was crashing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for editing pictures and has lots of tools that you can use for making cards, flyers etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its free! simple and easy to use. A good tool for web developers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
Defense & Space
What do you like best?

Bluefish is very powerful editor for experienced web designers . But this doesn't mean that noob users shouldn't at least try it; they could really be impressed with it.The autocomplete is much better, and it doesn't add in as much garbage code when using the wizards or quick buttons. I know someone may not choose this very first time but seeing it's functionality and services provided , they can not deny to use it . At least I am very much satisfied by using it .I like it's clean and nice interface . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It should be nice if there were an 'Upload to FTP site' button . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were given one project 2-3 months ago . It was about to creating a web application using JSP,Servlet . Bluefish helped us a lot as it doesn't add in as much garbage code when using the wizards or quick buttons.The best thing is it is WYSIWYG so each and every time you will get expected output unless you have made some mistakes in writing the cosd . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CT
What do you like best?

Fast and easy to use. Able to create projects. Very easy to edit documents. Frequently updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface or skin could be better looking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. There'a a slight learning curve but give it a chance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for development of my web applications using PHP, CSS, and JS. Bluefish organizes my projects for easy access and distribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Bluefish?

Bluefish Categories on G2