Bigstock Reviews & Product Details

Bigstock Overview

What is Bigstock?

Find millions of awesome royalty-free stock photos and vectors. Affordable high-res stock photography.

Bigstock Details

Shutterstock
2013
Toronto, Canada
@Shutterstock
Answer a few questions to help the Bigstock community
Have you used Bigstock before?

Bigstock Reviews

Showing 28 Bigstock reviews
Already have Bigstock?
Senior Designer
Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

The best thing about Bigstock is their vector selections. I use vectors to create advertisements in magazines, brochures, and Google Banner Ads for our company's hair extension line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The primary reason I dislike using Bigstock is because despite the fact that they have over 85 million images I find it difficult to find quality images that would fit our brand. A lot of the images and graphics are extremely outdated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bigstock's Vector Images were very helpful in the creation of several campaigns we ran. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Bigstock has a huge selection of stock photos under pretty much any search term you could think of. Their vast library can seem daunting, but their search features make it easy to find what you need quickly and to search related photos quickly as well. If you find a photographer or contributor you like, you can search through just their photos as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Bigstock is the automatic enlargement of photos when you scroll through the images. There is no way to shut this feature off and there is no way to place your mouse on the screen so that you can scroll but not hover over random photos and have them enlarge. I wish you could just shut this option off or have to hover over the image for longer than just a quick scroll. It's distracting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Bigstock if you need a lot of images (we download about 10 per day). If you don't like the image-enlarging feature, let them know and maybe they will create an option to turn it off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use bigstock to find images for our clients when they are unable to hire a photographer for custom shots. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I use Bigstock to gather my images to use for website designing. They sometimes email you with a selected amount of free images which is a nice bonus. Their image library is amazing! Any word you type in, you are sure to receive hundreds of photos to choose from. The variety is excellent and image quality is great. Whenever I need an image, I am always confident I will be able to find one that meets my criteria with Bigstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit expensive & there is a learning curve that comes with Bigstock. There are no big disadvantages I see with Bigstock. They get the job done! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free trial and see if Bigstock will match your criteria for stock images! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Bigstock for most of my images for web design. My colleagues and I agree Bigstock is the best & most straight-forward stock imaging site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Photographer
Photography
What do you like best?

I have worked with Bigstock for years. I have also used and had subscriptions to all of the other leading photo stock companies. This one is by far the best. I think the best thing about Bigstock is the amount of photos you get when you search. It is definitely the most versatile stock photo site and has the best quality in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Bigstock. I do wish the price was a little bit lower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would search google and youtube for as many reviews as you can competing bigstock with the other industry leaders. In my opinion it is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can find a photo of ANYTHING (appropriate) on Bigstock. This makes life and business so much easier than trying to search the internet for hours for a certain photo (and most times its copywritten). Bigstock will help with all of your photo needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

If you are someone who is constantly searching for images to use in design, Bigstock will make your life so much easier. I use Bigstock to collect images for all print materials at my office. The images have awesome print quality for brochures, posters, and 22x28. I also use Bigstock for all images for presentations and they are always clear, visible, and never blurry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bigstock is expensive! I transitioned from using entirely free services to Bigstock so the price point is a big high. However, given the ease of use, I think the money is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Bigstock if you are constantly looking for photos, Bigstock will have what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I collect all my images for my offices print material and presentations. Bigstock makes photo collection easy and we don't have to deal with those pesky watermarks with this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bhavik patadiya
What do you like best?

The best concerning Bigstock is wonderful library of stock pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the vector pictures may be a touch pricier than alternative sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Bigstock if you're perpetually trying to find photos, Bigstock can have what you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use pictures in ads for our purchasers moreover as ourselves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Simply put, I LOVE how wide the variety Big Stock currently has in literally every single area I can think of. We do a lot of branding and idea implementation, but this site really has it all, and it doesn't quit!

If I want to look up "oil change", about 40 different real photos appear, and they each have their own differences that are distinct, but not grossly different enough to make me think "these have nothing to do with what I'm looking up". Our graphic designer loves them, as do I. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has a super slight learning curve which takes a little getting used to honestly. You have to be able to read between the lines, and find different images for the task at hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. There are numerous different generic sites like this, but I believe BigStock does it the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compared to ShutterStock and their mascot Harold, Bigstock does not have much frill and lace. It doesn't need it because it does everything just like it is supposed to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ERP Engineer
What do you like best?

you can get the full return of your money using Bigstock. Bigstock have a very expensive & dynamic library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price of Bigstock images are very high. Vector library is small in Bigstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think one should use Bigstock images if they wanna get a full return of their paid amount. The best part about Bigstock is you can find images of any category. images of Bigstock have very high resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had used Bigstock images for grooming website. only using good images my website looks fabulous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

Bigstock have very huge library in vector graphics. we can find any kind of vector through Bigstock . Most useful website to use vector graphics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

license price of Bigstock is costly. it gives limited images in it premium plan which i dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i prefer Bigstock because it gives us modern vector graphics. we can find latest style of graphics at Bigstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i have used Bigstock ‘s vector in 1 tennis website. my client was very happy with images which i design using Bigstock’s vectors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Supervisor
What do you like best?

Bigstock is a great stock imagery option because it's easy to use and has affordable options. The site has so many package options that it's super flexible for our clients to choose what fits their needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the vector images can be a bit pricier than other sites and, although there is an option to upload your photos for royalties, are some issues with the upload process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is an implementation period to really see what package fits your needs best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Bigstock, we're able to help our clients build beautiful collateral and digital items with imagery that fits their budget! And with their great customer service, it's really easy to get help fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Bigstock has opened so many doors and genuine access to our small business needs. Usually sourcing images and other graphics of that nature can be difficult and not at all cost effective. Having a centralized repository of these aforementioned things really streamlines the process we currently take to bring presentations to life and enhance their content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the blessing and the curse of having so many images is that there are almost too many images to go around. Sometimes the search function on google is so great we mostly go there first and try to find a comparable image in bigstock and that can be a lengthy process. I wish there was a capability to search based off an image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if your organization hasn't tried bigstock they should really reevaluate why they haven't yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're really cutting down the time and cost for the process of generating images for our materials or things we genuinely need. Although it may seem small, given our organizations work, it's imperative we find the most effective way of doing this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I have used BigStock for a couple of years now. There are hundreds of thousands of photos. I think the best part is knowing that you can pretty much search for ANY thing and get a good quality photo of that theme or thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about BigStock so far. I have enjoyed it a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you sign up for their e-mail promotion you will usually get a couple of free photos to download. This was helpful for me in deciding between Bigstock and other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Even if you are brainstorming...such as searching for "girl with cupcakes", other photos will come up that are related to that photo that will (or can) help you to brainstorm Ideas for whatever design you are doing. Having this many professional photos at hand has been extremely beneficial. You are able to download each photo as many times as you need (once paid for) which also is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design
What do you like best?

The best about Bigstock is amazing library of stock images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Vectors are less available in Bigstock's library. If vectors are more available in Bigstock's Library then i will help everyone lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bigstock is best website for stock photos for Designeer's & non Designers. There are many website but there is no alternate of bigstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bigstock's Photos I have used for the Cosmetics website. I love photos of cosmetic. Very thanks to Bigstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Photographic Artist
Photography
What do you like best?

I do not like much about Bigstock at all. I've been using Bigstock for 3 years and have sold 2 photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I contribute to other stock agencies that are affiliated with Bigstock and my work is excepted. I have over 1K on Shutterstock which I believe owns or is at least partners with Bigstock. I'll keep submitting regardless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Shutter stock or Adobe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

So far not any Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Bigstock has one of the largest and unique collections of stock media on the market. With literally millions of choices at your disposal, it's easy to find the perfect graphic addition to any project. Even better, you can try it for free for seven days to see if it's right for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search engine functionally could definitely be improved upon. You can really own filter by one method at a time to sort through search results. It would be much more useful to include the ability to search for photos with multiple tags, and flexible criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the seven day free trial! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding quality and fitting imagery for small scale website design and marketing projects and daily operation. Bigstock is the superior choice for any and all stock media needs, you will certainly find what your looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of search and navigation. It also provides large thumbnails that makes for easy viewing on a small monitor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to choose between photos and vector images. It's just images or videos. Needs more granular search options. Also being able to allow for more or less thumbnails per page would be a great option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whereas it's a good resource, the search part is it's biggest drawback in my opinion. The search tool needs to be more granular - i.e. be able to narrow down search to just photos, or vector images, color vs, b/w, etc. Also being able to allow for more or less thumbnails per page would be a great option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Images for marketing collateral. We don't have an extensive internal images library so we rely on stock imagery to fill in the gaps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The pricing for BIGSTOCK is a good value for what you get. The images cover a broad array of subjects and are of adequate quality for most uses. I have never used the stock video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The images are a little generic. They seem geared toward subject matter and are probably most useful for tv graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a really good product for imagery needed to make generic mock-ups to depict subject matter. Think news programs or other shows that utilize an image block above the host or moderator to signal a transition to a subject. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a decent way to access quality images at a low cost per image, especially for outfits with a need for a lot of subject oriented stock imagery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Instructional Content Writer
E-Learning
What do you like best?

I think the selection of photos is better than most other stock image sites. The filters allowing you to say how many people in the photo is great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the images seem a little too repetitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around. There are a lot of great stock image services. This one is priced well though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using stock images to fill our ed tech product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Bigstock has a terrific selection of photos to choose from. Whether you're looking for business, editorial or personal use pictures, they've got something for every project! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about this site. Perhaps I could suggest they have a filter allowing you to choose photos of a specific size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are obvious: Their photos make our work look highly professional at a great price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Specialist
What do you like best?

The prices offered are especially good and the pictures are great looking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of filters but there could even be more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to find good pictures and I can be confident about usage rights. And because the prices are so good I can add more pictures to newsletters which makes them look better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Bigstock has one of the biggest galleries of high-quality images, specifically within the food category which our publication sources images for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing at Bigstock is not competitive, I have two other sources I buy from but they don't have the quality or selection. But price remains a hurdle, except in instances we absolutely needed a certain image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bigstock helps us in several ways with our need for food and graphics for our publication. We have used Bigstock for background images for our articles and other related topics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like that it integrates easily into the platforms I use, making it simple to search for and find good quality photos. Plus the prices are reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints just because I get what I pay for. But there is always room for improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stock photos for my websites. I am able to access tons of photos for pretty much anything I need. I also have great videos that I've downloaded. This has benefited my websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The search engine is easy to use and follow to get the desired results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a maximum amount of downloads per day per subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick and easy access to stock photos for corporate graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Bigstock photos has something for everyone. Whether it's for personal or business use, they have a great selection of high quality photos at a reasonable price! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that their search filters were a bit more broad. It seems to miss a lot if photos in the search unless you're really specific in the criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used Bigstock's editorial photos on our website and emails. Easy to understand usage rights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.