Storyblocks Reviews & Product Details

Storyblocks Overview

What is Storyblocks?

Storyblocks is the complete stock solution for creators and businesses alike, providing an unlimited library of high-quality royalty-free video, audio and images through cost-effective subscription plans. Whether you’re a freelancer trying to speed up your production process or an agency looking for a wide selection of content in one place, we offer flexible licensing and flat pricing to fit your budget and needs.

Storyblocks Details

Storyblocks is a marketplace for royalty-free stock media assets.

Storyblocks
2011
Arlington, VA
Answer a few questions to help the Storyblocks community
Have you used Storyblocks before?

Storyblocks Reviews

Showing 14 Storyblocks reviews
Already have Storyblocks?
What do you like best?

The stunningly creative videos are terrific. The price is fantastic, especially when compared to some stock photo sites that offer videos. (They also offer audio and pics, but I have been using this service for the videos.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Additional filters or subcategories to narrow the search results even further would be helpful. It's great that they have such a large selection, but it takes time to review so many results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to use several adjectives to modify your search so that fewer results are generated. (This will save you some time when reviewing targeted results.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When searching for the perfect website background video, Storyblocks always delivers something even better than you were hoping for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is a comprehensive site that provides great footage of different places from different angles, among other things. Will save you time and money shooting all of it yourself, especially if you need a drone permit and insurance to boot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Noting! As far as I can tell, this has been a lifesaver! I am completely happy with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have someone on your team access Storyblocks. My tech team bought the account, so I am not on it myself These are industry professionals with over 25 years experience in film, and I trust their decisions completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves time and money and energy. I do not have to coordinate a cameraperson to arrive at a certain time and/or hope for good weather on our shoot date, etc. I don't have to check and recheck if we got a good take, because all of tht has already been done by the contributors to Storyblocks . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/ Photographer
What do you like best?

First of all I like Storyblocks ease of use, no worrying about licensing or if I have enough "credits" to get the clip. No going back to the client with if you like clip A that will be $ but Clip B is $$$$. There is also the wide selection of both audio and video stock. Being able ot quickly find a wide assortment of music that might fill the clients desires in one spot is a great assets. Knowing that I will not be going through numerous sites is a plus. Having been a user of the site for several years I am pleased with how the library has grown, looking back through the site i think about updating some older projects with the newer expanded footage because they better suit the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was a little easier to sort through the music selection. Often I will find a clip that is oh so similar to another I found 2/3rds up the page and have to bounce between the two to make my choice. One site I visited had it organized where it was "Clip title" all the lengths of that title and then loops or solos from that title. Made it so much easier. But I will say it was easier, their pricing structure was not something I could work within my clients budget. Also music in certain genres has not expanded as much as others, Christmas music, being an annual need for me is where I find a lot of repetition of music. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Storyblocks to others. the interconnected Audio, Video and Graphics libraries and growing assets make it a great piece in your arsenal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am meeting my clients need for stock footage and music, while it may not be the familiar tunes they want it is stuff they can afford . Story blocks allows me to try different elements and change them quickly without worrying much about my account limits or client budget for stock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I like Storyblocks very much because of its video variety and accessibility for SMB. This September they also stop selling pay-per-clip Videos in Marketplace and included all these videos to the Unlimited Member Library Access for no extra fee! Super vendor and customer support. I have Unlimited Downloads to all HD Footage videos for $149/year. There is no other place where I can get access to almost 800,000 videos for such price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I'm looking for particular videos related to a different race and people ethnicity videos I'm not quite satisfied with what I get from Storyblocks. Eather they need to increase videos with more Latino, Black, Native, Asian, LGBT+ people in different living situations or they need to do proper keywording of existing videos. Also, I would like Storyblocks to expand their integrations with more video creation tools! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no alternative to Storyblocks for video variety and a suitable price out there. If you need better quality videos than HD, you can check other plans which include 4K Footage for super understandable an additional fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Storyblocks, I easily can create storyteller video, explanatory video, and ads for various audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR & Comms Consultant
What do you like best?

It's convenient to be able to search for stock photos, videos and audio (sound effects and music) all on the same site. The quality of the materials is similar to most other traditional stock images sites. The price is reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my work I tend to need editorial photos depicting current affairs and news stories. This site has solid images but they're designed more for corporate or other purposes that don't require editorial photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Search the site before you purchase a subscription. Make sure it has the photos, videos and audio clips that you require. Good chance that it does, but it's better to be sure first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I liked being able to find video and audio clips in one location. This saved me a fair amount of time and, as they say, time is money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent selection, unbelievably low cost for the quantity and quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't dislike, you get everything you pay for and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

YouTube videos and online web videos and facebook video ads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy Sheriff
What do you like best?

Video locks has the best B-Roll and overlays you could ask for. It's relevant to your needs and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any things I dislike about it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using storyblocks if you want your productions to be professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There's been times I've needed footage to cover up interview mistakes, and the stock forage was perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

I enjoy the huge catalogs of video, images, and audio that assist me in illustrating concepts I’m presenting to my clients. It’s not just about what I’m say but people can now visualize the messages I’m conveying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More is always good. More variety of images and video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m revolutionizing the way PowerPoint is used in the classroom and I’m saving tons on adding visuals to my online campaign ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Anything you might possibly need. Video, Audio, Photo, or SFX you can always find what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like. No downsides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Storyblocks has saved me a ton of time. Rather than making something from scratch or going out to get b-roll; I just browse Storyblocks and find exactly what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

Story blocks has a very large and regularly updated video library Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found their image library to be a bit limited Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We provide digital content for a number of clients and Storyblocks allows us to provide our clients with fresh original video content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

Storyblocks is easy to use and the search tool provides lots of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more final cut pro templates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

please include more final cut pro friendly templates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I"m able to find so many shots I need or shots to enhance my projects. I particularly like the aerials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great selection of high-quality stock video Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search results are too extensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had to use Storyblocks when I just haven't had the right shot for the production. I have nearly always found just the right footage on Storyblocks for my needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Audience Developmemt & Brand Manager
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

The expansive library of video and stills is so helpful for any project you are working on. It is also incredibly easy to search and download what you need. Last, there are a variety of file types for each item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive and may not be in the budget for some people. You also have to navigate the video or images separately, even if you have a subscription to both. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your budget is limited, start with just the video subscription, you will get the most benefit from that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

High quality images or video to use for internal promotions and projects. This helps save us time because we do not have to go out and shoot these things out selves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

the surprising diversity in footage and ae templates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the bad/unnatural/hammy acting in the stock footage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

good b-roll for content videos I make for influencers and trainers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.