Apple iCloud Reviews & Product Details

Apple iCloud Overview

What is Apple iCloud?

iCloud does more than just store your content. It lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more, from whatever devices you???re on. And it???s built into every new iOS device and every new Mac.

Apple iCloud Details

@Apple
6,052,997 Twitter followers
225,149 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.

Apple iCloud Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Apple iCloud community
Have you used Apple iCloud before?

Apple iCloud Reviews

Showing 396 iCloud reviews
Already have Apple iCloud?
Nurse Practitioner
Hospital & Health Care
Associate Buyer
What do you like best?

I like that Apple iCloud saves information from my iPhone, iPad and Mac Computer. Every time I write a new document on word it automatically saves on the cloud and can also have access to my documents from my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In order to get more storage you have to pay around $9.99 a month. If you can afford the monthly payments its worth the more space.

To not pay you get a little bit of space that can get filled quickly. If you don't use much storage go for the free storage.

If you're like me that have a lot of music apps and documents more space is better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always backup your devices.

If you need more space have to pay a monthly free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems I'm solving with Apple iCloud is saving my information. The benefits is everything get atomically saved in the cloud. Always make sure to back up your phone and tablets to be on the safe side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Apple iCloud
Technical Administrator
What do you like best?

The best thing about iCloud is how seamlessly it works on all the apple devices linked with the iCloud account. It helps the most when you're switching to a new deivce or restoring one. It seamlessly brings all your data and settings to the new device. Also, sharing files and folders with people (especially, who also use Apple products is very easy. The most important and crucial feature for me is the privacy it promises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It gets tought to retrieve your data when you have forgotten your password. But I guess, this is important to maintain the security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With my Apple iCloud, I can have all my work files (which were originally modified/stored in my work MacBook) in my pocket (in my iPhone). So it makes my workflow very smooth. And ofcourse it makes transitioning very easy. Sometimes I also use it to make up for the lack of physical storage in my Apple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director & Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

Everything is managed using and or under a single Apple ID on Apple iCloud. The main big upside is you don't have to keep a storage drive to keep your data whether on any Apple Device like iPhone, iPad and or Apple Watch. And an excellent option is that the single Apple ID can be used on any number of devices and make secure back up's on Apple iCloud Server without the tension of being attacked by hackers and or any device getting faulty due to any reason like phone got wet and water got inside the iPhone PCB and or battery got damaged due to over heating and may cause data to get deleted or corrupted. In case this happens the Apple iCloud user can directly take a new Apple Device and just login with Apple Account and after successful login, the device being smart ask whether the user wants to download its data and or it automatically install the applications which are in back up on new device and or reinstalling on same device after getting it repaired. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In dislikes, as we have to pay for the storage to keep our data on Apple iCloud, and we have to keep our debit and or credit card detail on in the Apple iCloud device account. Due to tough financial situation, it does not give option of any local financial institution to pay for the storage space monthly taken under the Apple iCloud ID.

And these financial institutions I mean local banks and or big companies wallets like Paying using Daraz Wallet and or JazzCash, EasyPaisa, Upaisa, Paymax/Askari Wallet, Finca Microfinance Banks Accounts either under mobile numbers and or paying using a post paid sim card and or prepaid sim card under under a genuine NIC number. As debit / credit cards are not easily used by people over the internet due to insecurity in the past Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A must to have at least one Apple Device to be in touch with Future Technology and gadgets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Is to companies can keep there data on Apple iCloud server securely without the need to keep at companies end in a warehouse and paying for security and the benefits are immense as due to several security options enabled before a person can be successfully authenticated after logging in with a user id and a password, is the Apple iCloud users can save all types of there career achievement information and or projects they have made and even blueprints of future projects. Nothing gets leaked and or can be hacked by an imposter and an imposter cannot use anyone identity on Apple iCloud, only the authorized personnel who has proper information of the Apple iCloud Account can use the information stored on under a particular Apple iCloud ID and not to forget the Apple ID itself can be managed easily on a separate weblink that is Apple iCloud Weblink is different than the actual persons Apple ID. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineering Specialist
What do you like best?

It comes default with the iPhone device and hence can be considered compatible. The configuration is actually very simple and can be done in fraction of seconds. By default it allows to store all your files and folders with a limit of around 5 GB, after that you need to purchase a monthly/yearly plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Performance wise iCloud is very terrible. It has a slow sync process which takes hours to sync local gallery with cloud. Also, at times downloading data from cloud takes more than 1 minute. The monthly plan is also quite expensive and cost can be reduced further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted to have a cloud service to store all my local files. So that i can store them securely and reuse if needed. I was also looking for a much scalable and secured option. iCloud is readily available and its performance can be compared with other cloud storage in matket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specialist in Administrative Finance
What do you like best?

What I like the most is the capacity for safe and reliable information storage that allows us to take our information anywhere and easily synchronize it with our devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any aspect that I dislike about this magnificent tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best option in data storage and protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Comfort: The most positive thing without a doubt is that our email account and all our files and documents will be at our absolute disposal regardless of the device we are using.

Simplicity: This area is going to improve dramatically over MobileMe. The communication between our Apple devices works in a much more fluid way and the environments are much more pleasant.

Harmony: iCloud automatically customizes our devices with all the applications that we have on them. If we replace a broken iPhone with an iPad, we will be totally familiar with the new device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the world. Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the world Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing honestly, the storage is the is the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the world Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love using this, you can use it for time, sex , I love using this, you can use it for time, sex , reached out many more things allike flaking. reached out many more things allike I love using this, you can use it for time, sex , reached out many more things allike flaking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The storage saves it. Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the world. Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the Storage, the storage. I love how big the the are the best in the world Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

What I like best of iCloud is that, if you have multiple Apple Products, you can easily sync your information everywhere. Meaning, I have the same information on my macbook, ipad, iphone, and even apple watch and airpods. The seamless pairing of these makes it really easy on the user to keep track of everything, as it is updated live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that sometimes there are some bugs to the system and it is not updated accordingly - specially if your internet is not 100% reliable.In addition, a lot of permissions are required and logins and sometimes that can become time consuming. Uploading large items to the cloud can also take a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shared notes - grocery shopping has become easier now that all of my roommates can input the information into the same place. Calling from your computer using your phone's contacts is also something you can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Assistant & Operations Associate
What do you like best?

I like that it is built automatically into each and every Apple device, saving users like me the time to set it up. To me, Apple iCloud is the best way to store memory for all of my personal photographs, videos, files, notes, applications, and other forms of digital media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I slightly dislike that Apple only gives each person around 5GB of free iCloud storage to initially start with (depending on the particular device in question) as well as the fact that it costs about one dollar a month to add more of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While working from home at the moment, having extra storage on my phone and laptop is really beneficial in my day-to-day as an ops person. All in all, it remains safe, secure, available and ready to use by anyone on demand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

it is one of the best cloud storage that i have used so far. It is secure and user friendly annd comes with web and mobile support(iOS devices).

You can easily keep your documents in the iCloud also it securly moves all your whatsapp backup to icloud automatically without you have to worry much about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only problem is that it comes with a limited free storage of 5gb only and you will have to buy additional storage for any additional use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

using it to keep all the mobile back up and iphone backup in the iCloud. It is very handy and can be used to migrate yours stuff from old iphone to new and also to have a backup storage for all your essentials Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about iCloud is you get a seamless experience across all your iDevices

be it iPhone, iMac, iPad. Everything works flawlessly

I use it to save all my pictures and I kid you not, it has never disappointed me. Always works, first class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive over the basic plan, so if you're looking to add more GB's to your account, it gets really expensive

Apple should have a plan in the range of 90-120 INR for 100 gigs of plan

50 GB gets easily filled with all the amazing pictures you click from your iDevices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Apple iCloud solves my worries of safely storing pictures.

One click and boom, it's right across all your devices, you can even access them from your browser if you don't have an iDevice. Also, one click iCloud share

I'm right now on 200 gigabytes family plan with 2 of my friends and it's working very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Support
What do you like best?

I like very much that Apple iCloud is part of the Apple ecosystem. As someone who is on the apple ecosystem, I rely so much on it for efficiency, convenience, continuity and seamless productivity. And apple icloud works and help me. I love it so much that anywhere I am, so long as I am connected to the internet and regardless of what apple product I have whether it is a macbook, ipad, iphone, I can easily access my files across the board. Even on my windows computer I can still access my files easily. The best thing about it is that it is autosaved, so i don't have to manually save them. Good bye tangled wires, USB discs etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not something that I really dislike about Apple iCloud, but maybe I am just hoping that the subscription fee can be lowered. It is quiet pricey for some people, even for myself for personal use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Apple iCloud is great problem solver when it comes to automation, like autosaving of files and documents. It helps declutter so many usb disks and wires as well since it is on the cloud, so no more need for physical storage device. It breaks the wires, because with Apple iCloud, I don't have to connect literrally my mac, ipad, windows laptop etc to each other just to be able to exchanges files and data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director & CEO
What do you like best?

I love that is syncs between my iphone, macbook and ipad and it backups everything for me so easily, with no effort and I am able to easily use that backup if needed (luckily not needed so far) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think when you login online sometimes it is a bit difficult to understand where you can find things or upload files when using it on my laptop and I only know what I can use it on my apple products and it would be good to know or be able to use it on non apply products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if you have apple products this is a great system to use specially to backup your devices easily without having to worry about the tech setup too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I backup all my apple devices using it so I don't have to worry about backing them up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Incoming Content Marketing Analyst Intern
Internet
What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to sync up to your Apple devices. If you live in an Apple world, the UI is great and seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's way too expensive for what you get, and those costs rack up. Also, if you don't use Apple products or feel like buying an Android, you're out of luck...it's not a seamless transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for cheaper options if you have a lot of big media files. If you've only got a bit to back up, it's great - but who does, nowadays? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only thing I use iCloud for right now is backing up important small documents on my phone, things that fall under the free storage threshold. I use Google Drive for any media files, because their syncing for any Notes on the iPhone for example is just not there. iCloud however is designed for backing up Apple products, so it's nice to have all my notes and contacts etc. backed up in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Because I have fully bought into the Apple ecosystem, I thoroughly enjoy the iCloud integration across all of my devices. I'm able to easily edit and sync content across my multiple computers, phones, and tablets seamlessly. I'm also able to quickly and efficiently share files with collaborators inside or outside of the Apple ecosystem. It's an excellent service, and file storage space is relatively inexpensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one downside is that not everyone is willing to interact with iCloud if they don't have Apple devices. Sometimes I have to spend time training collaborators using competitor products on how to download and access cloud files. There seems to be a bit of a threshold that has to be overcome with iCloud's Apple connection. Non-Apple users don't understand that they can still access files as a guest without the creation of an iCloud account or ownership of an Apple device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage you to consider implementing Apple iCloud as a primary method for backing up both personal and professional assets for collaboration and protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

iCloud allows me to know with all certainty that the files that are most important to me are protected and secure. It is reliable and allows me to seamlessly backup my personal and professional lives through one service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate
What do you like best?

Connection to my iPhone and to my Macbook are both automatic. I don't have to know or understand much to benefit from it as storage and backup. I have an easy time accessing it from the cloud and occasionally using the word processing and other apps without needing my Macbook present. Its ease of use is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Untying iCloud from certain iPhone or Macbook services is sometimes tough to understand and its effects on various apps are frustrating, as with iTunes. I'd like more tutorials and features so that a relative Luddite like me can operate as easily as I do in the Chrome-Google environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For all apple environments, it's a must-have that makes work-life easier. To operate certain Apple apps without iCloud can be tricky. I have tried to remove pictures from agency iPhones and/or download all pics at once from iCloud and found the processes cumbersome. Overall, it's pretty robust and comprehensive in terms of the applications it offers and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storage of pics and backup of music/Apple Music. It is an easily accessed cloud app with robust features for word processing, contacts management, and all sorts of storage. We are trying to edit shared documents live but from different locations, as well as share photos for collateral materials and contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Coordinator
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Apple iCloud offers multiple storage plans depending on you current need. It has an option of expanding your storage or reducing according to your current necessity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initicial plans were high storage and price, as for recent the plans were reduced and became more afordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an afordable and great backup/storage service for personal and business use. It save your files and avoid file loss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The iCloud storage can save your files like, fotos video and the entire device storage backups, making it a service that helps you with the personal storage redundancy. It also has the service that provides protection for stolen devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Apple iCloud makes it easy to access all my photos and videos across several devices. I am able to log into my iCloud account from any Apple product. I also like the ability to log into iCloud and use the Find my Phone feature. I can do this from any Apple device as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The available amount of storage and having to pay for more. I currently pay the extra 99 cents a month for 50 GB of storage. Unfortunately, I am constantly getting the pop up that I need to add more storage space because mine is full. I do not understand why, as my phone is a 256 GB iPhone and I currently only have 2300 media files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do some research on how the storage actually works. I think that I could delete items from my phone or from iCloud to make the product more beneficial for me, however I haven't done the research to ensure that is correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep all photos and documents in one place. I like being able to log on to iCloud from a computer and access my photos and videos. I am a business owner who takes a lot of photos for my business so this is an easy setup to use in order to take my photos and then upload them onto my website straight from iCloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Icloud automatically stores the metadata of my application which is helpful while moving to a new device. The best thing about this is the family sharing feature which allows users in a family to share the space and save money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about apple icloud is the price as compared to other services. Icloud is expensive as compared to other services like google drive and Microsoft cloud. Also not to forget that the free space that they provide is limited to 5gb which is very less. Other competitors like google offer 15gb which is great for a start nowadays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After signing into iCloud the data synchronisation is flawless. For example I don’t need to transfer contacts while setting up a new device. They automatically get downloaded in my new device which helps my me identify same customers purchase at 2 of different stores Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Apple is done its job to be more seamless, Its secure when using it and expandable. the storage capacity is limitless so that you can enjoy the unlimited storage without any problems. The payment is done via apple wallet which makes it even more easier with touch Id if you own I phone or I pad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The storage sches are much pricey. Its difficult to spend for the storage pupose. Its accecible only on Apple devices. Could be easier if available on all platforms. Windows I tunes is an exception. Would like to be less costlier than it is now. If it has unlimited plans for apple device purchasers of top end device it could boost up the sales of high end devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Store photos, music, Back up of files, folders, contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Director
What do you like best?

I like that I can store so many photos and not utilize the space on my phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think ICloud is very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need space, use the cloud. You can buy additional space for relatively cheap as wel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m freeing up space on my actual phone in order to take more photos. I am a mom to two young boys and take as many photos as possible while having apps and games on my phone for them as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.