ACTCAD Professional Reviews & Product Details

What is ACTCAD Professional?

ActCAD is a 2D Drafting and 3D Modeling CAD software meant for Engineers, Architects and other technical consultants. ActCAD is a native DWG & DXF CAD software to create and edit drawings. ActCAD is based on the technologies from IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC), ODA Teigha Libraries, ACIS 3D Kernel, Wintopo, ps2edit etc. ActCAD uses the most recently released version of IntelliCAD to offer the best performance and features to its users. ActCAD as many add-on commands and features supplementing core IntelliCAD making ActCAD more productive than its competition. In addition, ActCAD includes many other tools like Block Libraries (in the domains of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural, Structural, P &IDs etc.), Batch file converter, Units converter and many other productivity enhancement tools. ActCAD can open the .dgn file formats and saving them to dwg/dxf file formats. All dwg/dxf versions from R2.5 to 2018 are supported. ActCAD is a light weight yet very powerful Professional Computer Aided Design (CAD) software utilizing the benefits of multi-threading and multi-core processing capabilities of recent computer systems. The technology is being enhanced by well experienced Developers working from all over the World, around the clock. The core developers of ActCAD have over 40 years of experience in industry especially on CAD software. There are many other tools available in the markets which do not have an optimum balance between capability and price. Some of the capable tools are very expensive and on the other hand, some of the low cost tools are not capable of handling critical project requirements. ActCAD perfectly bridges this price performance gap offering great value to our customers.

ACTCAD Professional Screenshots

Murali Krishna

actcad.com
Related Links
Q&A
Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Modern Greek (1453-), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish
ACTCAD

1-6 of 6 total ACTCAD Professional reviews

ACTCAD Professional Reviews

1-6 of 6 total ACTCAD Professional reviews
Graphic Designer

"Intuitive CAD design tool, in 2D and 3D, nothing to envy, the famous CAD tools."

What do you like best?

ACTCAD is a great object-oriented design tool, it has nothing to envy to those famous design tools that we know, really when I started working with this application, I was not so sure, if it would be as good as the tools with which I was already conditioned to work, imagine that I could have some problem, in my way of working, and that the learning curve could be very long, but when I started using the software, I realized that it has the same characteristics as other applications, and really its use is almost the same, you only have to distinguish the icons that can be a little different from those of other applications, and the locations can not be the same, but apart from this, it's just taking an idea and you can use this tool naturally, in general the designs that are made in 2D and the 3D animations are quite good, the final models, and the subsequent animations, are very good, you cannot or complain about this, and it is really what one looks for in a design tool like this, that CAD tools work as they should.

What do you dislike?

something that I would like to be able to change in this application is the extension of the files, since it is not a tool with which I have at home to work, only in my company, sometimes I would like to be able to take some file with me, in order to continue working with On weekends, in one of the design tools that I have at home, it's a bit difficult to do, but it would be ideal, because this tool is not as commercial, as the design tools that We normally use it, it could be a little more compatible with third-party applications, which would make it not only an ideal CAD tool for companies, but also any type of person, since it is also more related to other applications, since Sometimes it is difficult to change that idea, what the compatibility of the files, would make it an ideal work tool for all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it is not so difficult, adapt to the use of this tool, I would recommend reviewing some documentation about it on the web, before using it, also review videos about the operation of the same, so that you have an idea, what is about to buy, but really is not very different from other CAD tools or graphic design, it is just a matter of using the application, to suit it.

It is a great tool to perform all kinds of CAD projects, at different scales, I must say that it is a tool that meets our design expectations, and it does not fall short, in any situation, we can do from the smallest projects, to the more advanced designs, without any complications, a great design tool, which helps us a lot in our daily work.

Digital Marketing Executive

"Great Choice for working on professional projects with Advanced features and add-on tools"

What do you like best?

ActCAD offers Global Licensing on all its cad software versions. Licenses can be purchased anywhere and can be used anywhere in the World. Best Technical team to solve customer problems with quick and prompt service.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, there are no bad points, low price, has a good technical support, an excellent tool for drawing and modeling. Little bit slow when opening large files (more than 40mb file size)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy learning, you can find information on the network for your learning, just enough to know about CAD programs to make it the most powerful tool in the market, has different predetermined 5000+ block libraries.

ActCAD has a dedicated Technical Support team who is responsible to handle any technical queries and address the problems in a quick time frame. ActCAD offers Full LifeTime Validity after purchasing the ActCAD CAD Software License. Upgrades to future versions are optional.

You can open any PDF file directly and edit the entities. ActCAD will convert the file to DXF at the same location of original pdf and with the same name.

ActCAD uses most latest IntelliCAD 8.4b CAD Software engine. All our commands work fully functional. The HELP feature will assist you in learning ActCAD commands.

ActCAD works on a collaborated development model with IntelliCAD and hence we offer our products at very low prices. All our licenses are perpetual and valid for life-time

Getting completed my Projects on time with ActCAD. The support team helped me a lot on working with software easily.

Owner
Civil Engineering

"ActCAD Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the user interface is seamless with AutoCAD. I only need to know one set of commands! I am also a fan of ActCAD's technical support. When I have a question, I always get a speedy and easy to understand response. I like ActCAD's lower cost seat prices and upgrade options.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have a problem with ActCAD properly plotting TrueType fonts properly. ActCAD can be a little difficult (slow and flickers) to work with for files with large PDF underlays or large PIC files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to use ActCAD as an AutoCAD alternative. It works great.

This allows me to work on CAD drawings on computers other than the one with CivilCAD installed. This is a more cost effective way of using multiple computers for CAD projects. Sometimes my AutoCAD application gets unstable when adding PDF and PIC attachments. ActCAD will usually handle the XREFs just fine.

Architectural Drafter
Real Estate

"ActCAD Professional, sample perfect CAD."

What do you like best?

-Easy deployment to getting used, with a simple clear interface with all necessary features.

-ActCAD Professional can do both 2D and 3D drawings.

-Designing and modelling of 3D using ActCAD is quite an enjoyable process.

-They have a very reliable Technical support team readyto attend issues from thier customers world wide.

-Exporting of files. User can export file from this software to another product.

-Its ability of collaborating.

-Smooth drawing and document presenting process. User can do the presentation of his or her services to the client through this tool. It can produce clear and understandable documents.

What do you dislike?

Just a few issues about this software, but through the support of their Technical team support everything is quite perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the most affordable tool around and it can help user to complete many task which can be done by other CAD. Its just a small training then get started.

-Its an affordable tool.

-Faster and quick 2D drafting process.

-Promotion of business.

"Affordable and Efficient CAD"

What do you like best?

I came across with its Self License Transfer which helped me shifting my license from One PC to another. I am a hardcore user of this feature as I just shift my license from my Work PC to Home PC.

Its inbuilt Open PDF to Edit feature also helps me converting my drawing PDF Files to .dwg format; allows me to work on the readily without worrying about starting the drawing from the scratch.

What do you dislike?

Some minor enhancements would make the CAD software as the primary choice for many users.

First of all the ROI (Return On Investment) is highly justified with the software. Its affordable pricing and Lifetime License validity attracted me towards the software. Then after evaluating the software marked its efficiency and hence convinced me to go for the software.

Its self license transfer feature added additional value to the company as the engineers were now able to shift the license from Work to Home PC and back that allowed them to come up with work done on time.

Sales Channel Manager

"Most affordable CAD software"

What do you like best?

ActCAD is the most affordable CAD software. It's even valid for lifetime with add-ons such as converters, and others. It also has the self-transfer mechanism, which is very useful for our professional use. The best is the technical support provided by ActCAD.

What do you dislike?

There are no such faults to dislike in ActCAD. It has simple issues such as hatching issues and others, but the technical support given is quite helpful.

My problems with getting a CAD Software, that's useful and affordable, are solved by ActCAD.

ACTCAD Professional Pricing

10.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* General-Purpose CAD Category
Do you work for ACTCAD Professional?

ACTCAD Professional Categories on G2