1&1 MyWebsite Reviews & Product Details

What is 1&1 MyWebsite?

1&1 MyWebsite is a business-specific site builder tool.

1&1 MyWebsite Profile Details

1-25 of 26 total 1&1 MyWebsite reviews
Faculty Coordinator of Instructional Technology
Higher Education

"Hasn't Failed me Yet"

What do you like best?

1and1 (IONOS) - has been continually updating and improving their system since I began using it. They have been my host for 12 years now - in turn, they give credit for loyalty.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that changes are not announced soon enough for one to get the details and for technical documents to be written explaining the changes - therefore many of the "how-to" documents that you can find to clarify things are out=-dated and have images of the previous cPanel interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are seeking a hosting company that will work with you and that will give you the freedom to develop web work, then 1&1 is certainly for you. The opportunity to host multiple site, unlimited space, and high-speed connectivity are only a few of their many offers. This hosting company is very reasonable in pricing -particularly for the amount of power the user is given.

I am a web designer, a teacher of web design, and host my own site on 1&1. The benefit of staying with 1&1 has been their service, which has been impressive, the capabilities on the servers' support, and the growth I personally have seen in 1&1 as a hosting company. The problems they solve are plentiful; #1 - They offer a reasonable price for my students to sign up and learn to publish their work and #2 - I have a place where I can host other domains that are my clients, and have a place to send my clients.

Ops Mgr

"Good experience for a amateur!"

What do you like best?

1&1 MyWebsite is a great program to utilize for amateur website designers. I wanted to create a new website design for my husbands acting portfolio, and this was an easy tool. Very self-explanatory, good templates, etc.

What do you dislike?

It is not extremely customizable unless you know coding or HTML. As a newbie, I basically need to stick with the templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. It is only $1/month for the basic subscription - can't get much cheaper than that!! Some of the other web hosting sites are much more expensive. I am sure they have more capabilities and features, but for this price you cannot beat it. Definitely will recommend to others in our industry!

Great monthly subscription fees for a low-cost website, we are getting good SEO traction and see a positive ROI on this website portal.

Owner

"Pretty easy to use"

What do you like best?

In the time I had my site on 1and1 My Website (now IONOS) it was functional and fast. It was a great builder for someone who doesn't know code. Super easy to pick a theme and then change it up to be what you want it to be.

What do you dislike?

The blog function. It was incredibly antiquated and it was just one long running page of blog posts, rather than each post getting it's own page. I ended up moving over to Managed WP Hosting with the same company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is perfect if you need a site up and running quickly. I would suggest exploring other 1and1 (IONOS) options, however.

There are huge benefits to using this product. You don't have to know code to have an awesome website.

Chief Investment Officer
Financial Services

"The Cheapest Most Professional Web Hosting Services"

What do you like best?

The pricing is amazing and no one competes with 1&1 (now IONOS) on this field. The customer support (technical) is highly knowledgeable and most intelligent. They did the extra mile and intervened with my authorization to fix an issue I was having with SSL. I loved this dedication and support.

What do you dislike?

The KYC process for opening an account takes too long: +72 hours. Not ideal for important, fast deployments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend without hesitation. Try them now. They are great.

A professional online presence at the most affordable cost.

Social Media Coordinator

"Difficult Interface"

What do you like best?

Communication with customer service/support was thorough, but I still had immense difficulty with manipulating this software.

What do you dislike?

Dislike that this software is not ideal for those who are beginners at web design, yet advertises itself like it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have tiers of pricing and features, more ease of use, offer tutorials and help when it is needed. Listen to customer suggestions! If you made your user interface more similar to that of Squarespace, Wordpress, Webs, Weebly, et cetera, more people would use the service. The service is very minimal and bare bones.

Solving the problem of having a host for my domain name; have realized that I could take full advantage of services offered if I had a tutorial on how to use.

"I support it!"

What do you like best?

I do love the fact that it can hit a big audience. Businesses don’t often speak one language so it is nice to have a multilingual translator built in. I like that they have a support hotline for any issues or concerns.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this product is the fact that there is no free trial version. Although they offer a money back guarantee... I’d rather have the option to try the product for a few days before making a decision like that.

I am simply using the product to create a website with ease. I love the fact that this product can create templates, but also allow me to modify easily. They aren’t looking to advertise themselves either because you can click their names off right away in the bottom corner. This product is easy to use once you get past all the options they offer.

AM

"1&1 is low quality service"

What do you like best?

The only attractive trait 1&1 has going for it is cheap domains. I grabbed about 20 domains in a heartbeat that I simply use to redirect traffic to my main site.

What do you dislike?

When you buy cheap, you get cheap. 1&1 knows they are a lower tier service, so they conduct themselves as such. They are a no-frills offering. Even Godaddy has better basic tools on their site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the ease of setting up a Wix site.

When you have a startup, it's key to make a dollar stretch Being able to secure online real estate for a low price is a big deal, and is worth exploring with 1&1.

Executive Director

"Seamless migration of site and domain "

What do you like best?

I switched to 1&1 for my domain name and saved tons of money, so I tried this website builder as well for my family business. It was intuitive, had good help where things weren't clear, and is very affordable.

What do you dislike?

I don't think this is as useful for my mother, who owns the company, as more structured, business-specific website builders. It's more for proficient website makers than beginners.

I was able to entirely switch over my web host and domain, but integrate my old blog that I like while still including it in navigation. It's helped save costs and only opt in to what I need.

MD

"Mostly easy to get started, full service"

What do you like best?

It was quite easy to get started linking up a domain to 1&1, and their customer support was quick to respond to my questions (as a beginner I had a lot).

What do you dislike?

You have to have some technical knowledge of the website building, it is not meant for entry-level users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would do some research among other competitors first in terms of ease of use, but 1&1 was great overall for price and customer service.

Making a website, hosting, relatively inexpensive and worldwide service.

"Great for simple website setups but no replacement for a real CMS"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and how quick you can get a website up and running. The great thing about it is the abundance of already great templates you can use for a fast turnaround.

What do you dislike?

The lack of advanced HTML editing capabilities and the fact that you can't use sophisticated Website building features that other CMS tools have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Offer advanced editing features

Simple website building and quick launch with little or no budget for a real CMS. The price factor involved with this tool is definitely a plus!

AI

"Easy way to get an online presence"

What do you like best?

The website program (mywebsite) is very easy to use and navigate. It allows you to add many different types of context and gives some suggestions.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike is that it limits how many pages or features you can use.

The problem we are solving is giving my dad's auto repair shop a web presence. More people are coming in and saying they found him on the web or presenting the coupons we have posted.

Sr. ColdFusion Developer / Web Developer / Social Media Strategist
Newspapers

"1&1 IONOS MyWebsite: Affordable Turnkey Solution"

What do you like best?

The best part about 1&1 IONOS MyWebsite is the low cost and nice selection of template to get you started.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything to dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have a designer as a resource, you can try the MyWebsite Design Service, it's decent.

I have used this service to provide nice websites for friends who came to me with little budget and a need for a website.

Certified Holistic Health Practitioner
Real Estate

"I used the service it’s for more non technical person"

What do you like best?

I like it’s easy . If any one like to build 1 page very easily if he / she tech savvy

What do you dislike?

Very lack of themes or bring your idea, or navigation

I was thinking to create my own e-commerce website.. credit card service was part of the bundle lots of other thing were part of you bundle which requires you to start a website.

CP

"A clever idea, in theory"

What do you like best?

It's really not difficult to use; better than many similar options.

What do you dislike?

I am quite familiar with web design and it just does not allow me as many options as I like, in terms of customization. I am much more comfortable having more control of determining how much traffic we get (and to monitor SEO more closely).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around. This may be helpful to some users, so know what you can handle.

Were we able to get it done? Yes, we could. But I just like more of a role in creating a new site, not staying to close to template.

UR

"Scalable tools to help businesses grow"

What do you like best?

Some things were easy to understand and quite intuitive, like changing things on a page. You simply click and they pop up.

What do you dislike?

First, pointing my domains to 1&1 was not intuitive at all. In fact, the whole process felt like an upsell to get me to transfer my domain names to 1&1. I have never worked with a web host that makes it this difficult to use a hosting account that I purchased and a domain name that I own elsewhere.

creating a new website, i realized i'd rather pay someone else rather than go through the stress

"Simple to use website builder"

What do you like best?

Straightforward easy to use website builder. A lot of free customization tools, you can upload your own photos/videos etc. There is also a very larger selection of free photos that you can use to customize your site.

What do you dislike?

No free trial of the builder so you have to sign up and if you are unhappy you can get your money back within 30 days.

Setting up a website for a personal freelance business. Trying to get a good looking site while being able to use a simple easy to follow builder.

President

"Great pricing"

What do you like best?

We have multiple domains registered through 1&1 with very competitive pricing and a simple automatic renewal process that never leaves me in a situation where my domains are out of sync

What do you dislike?

Had hosted some websites, but we scaled up beyond the server capabilities at a competitive cost structure

Domain management

"Great and cheap"

What do you like best?

What i liked best was the pricing for hosting and for domains. Possibly the cheapest you'll find for either or.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the UX as it can easily become confusing and not everything is put right in front of you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to ask support or go to their FAQ page to look at a problem you have.

We're solving the ability to show our website and buy a domain and bundle all of that with hosting. The main benefit I have realized is the pricing.

Secretary

"Give it a try"

What do you like best?

I like how you have the flexibility to create and customize your own personal website.

What do you dislike?

I dont like the complications you have when intergrating websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! It is fairly easy to use.

Freedom. Being able to customize my site and having a custom email address.

CEO

"Worst Hosting Provider"

What do you like best?

I'm glad i finally got out of my subscription

What do you dislike?

Everything. Poor customer support, terrible functionality, hard to integrate different website builders

Benefits included: getting out of the software and beginning a new account with a different host.

(Myself Only)

"El más facil."

What do you like best?

La web para crear tu sitio mas rapido y facil. Te permite hacerte una idea rápidamente de como va a quedar.

What do you dislike?

Si quieres personalizarla a fondo vas a emcontrar problemas.

Creacion rapida de paginas web.

UP
(Myself Only)

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Downtime is minimal, and when I have an issue with one of my web sites, their customer service is fast to respond.

What do you dislike?

Pricier than competitors, and had to use their special software.

They have lots of great features and it was very easy to get a web store started without having any technical background.

UA

"Easily Create you own Website"

What do you like best?

1&1 is affordable, I was on a limited budget to start my own business. You could do everything within the one platform: domain names, hosting, design, cloud solutions

What do you dislike?

There weren't a lot of design options, would've liked a few more options

Creating and starting up a website for a new website

"1&1 Web Review "

What do you like best?

Setup is a breeze. Navigation is easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

I love everything except the price but other than that nothing.

I just help others finds great solutions for their business needs

"Fast, cheap way to set up your domain"

What do you like best?

Fast, easy and cheap way to get your domain to get your website up and going.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It worked for my website purposes.

Getting my new website set up.

1&1 MyWebsite Features

7.7
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.6*
* Website Builder Category
Do you work for 1&1 MyWebsite?

1&1 MyWebsite Categories on G2