Yay Images Reviews & Product Details

Yay Images Overview

What is Yay Images?

Yay Images hails from Norway as one of the first microstock agencies, providing high-quality licensed stock media since 2008. Featuring a collection of 11M photographs, 1.2M vectors/graphics, and 200K videos for businesses, startups, marketing agencies, and media organizations around the world. With a growing contributor base of over 18,000 global photographers, Yay Images adds hundreds of thousands of new photos and videos every month.

Yay Images Details

Yay Images
2008
Oslo

Yay Images Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Yay Images community
Have you used Yay Images before?

Yay Images Reviews

Showing 52 Yay Images reviews
Already have Yay Images?
What do you like best?

They have a huge collection of over 11 million stock images & vector graphics. The ability to filter my search by "orientation, people, and color" is really convenient. The option to search for an image that matches an existing image from anywhere else is extremely helpful! The navigation is clean and downloads are quick and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are plenty of jpegs with clean white backgrounds that can be easily removed, but a png option with no background for the images with isolated subjects would just make this site even more useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing a free trial if you are at all skeptical about the service. They occasionally do deals on Appsumo, so if you can snag a bundle offer there, I would jump on it fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are more than a handful of websites that offer free stock images, but finding images that look just as good as something you would find on a major brand like ShutterStock is very unlikely. Yay Images provides a collection of high quality & high-resolution images at a price that is much more accessible than other premium sites! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use multiple stock websites, but find myself frequently returning to Yay Images to garner the best visuals for my blog posts. My team also uses it to create content for our clients. Tons of great options - there’s almost always something I can use based on even the most vague search words. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to the type of images you can access. For example, sports images or fitness images. Overall no complaints based on the support and service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice to others considering Yay images is to remember quality over quantity. Yay Images is an easy-to-use image library for all of your needs. If you need reliability then its your go to resource for relevant images that you can use for presentations, Zoom call backgrounds, blog posts and even pitch decks. Make it a point to compare it to others in the market and you will see the value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing content, team process and improvement. Ease of project management steps. At the end of the day it allows you to leverage key assets to tell a vivid story. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Yay Images
Systems & Methods Head
What do you like best?

What I liked BEST about Yay Images is the quality of the images that we are able to download with the reasonable pricing that they offer per image. They've recently added Vectors and Videos to their stock offerings so they have been very hard at work since I started using their platform!

I also like their FILTERING system where I can choose the number of people in the stock image, color filter so I can only filter to certain colors (i.e. background of the image, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the least liked feature of the platform is that currently I am not able to integrate their stock library into any of my existing Design tools (i.e. Affinity, Adobe, etc.). I would've wanted direct API access to my account or even better, native integrations with Design software.

I am also missing BUNDLES which could be helpful for having a collection of images for a certain genre (i.e. Business, Animals, etc.) and I can get to download all of the images in this collection / bundle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For anyone looking to add more stock sources, do consider using Yay Images with their very reasonable pricing! I have been using other image stock sites and the quality of the images and the search functionalities is way better than most stock sites I have used. There are still improvements to be made on their end as this is still a young platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm usually on the lookout for more sources of stock images for my projects and Yay Images has proven to be one of my newest and reliable source of unique stock!

With the most recent launch of vectors and videos, Yay Images is looking promising for Agencies doing Design and Web Development work for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can always find what I'm looking for on Yay Images - it's my go-to place for stock images.

The search is easy to use and responsive.

I often find images that are not available elsewhere and that's why I go to Yay Images first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Yay Images - it is easy to navigate, and I always find what I'm looking for.

I haven't used the Stock Videos - I think I would need to start a subscription to access these, but I'm not sure.

*Edit I would like to be able to search within one contributor's images - so that if I find a contributor/style that I like, I can search their catalogue without having to scroll through hundreds of images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a solo-entrepreneur, I am my own marketing and branding team. When I first started using stock images, I paid a small fortune for some premium stock photos. This was not a sustainable option at the start-up phase of my business. I then used free stock image providers but found that other people (my competitors) were doing the same. I would often see the same pictures on other people's websites and social media.

When I discovered Yay Images, I was happy to find that they offer images that I have not found anywhere else. They are an accessible solution - providing quality images for an accessible price. I like the fact that you can buy a one-time credit pack - this is how I started using Yay Images. The subscriptions are great value if you are using stock images every month and I may switch to this option in the future. Currently, the credit pack is perfect for me as a small business owner because I do not use a lot of images on a monthly basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faculty
What do you like best?

YayImages has a large library of photographs and vectors that are excellent value at their price point. Their image credit packs (at about US$1.00 through $1.58 per image) is significantly cheaper than rival on-demand per-image competitors. The site is fast and responsive, with very quick downloads and "similar image" search features. I especially like the search filters, which let you choose based on colors, number of persons, image orientation, and blank space (for text). The photographs also feature diversity, with different ethnicities represented (i.e. European, African, Asian, and more). Consider using this site's photography and vector images for blogs, social media posts, and e-learning content training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more search filters, if possible. For instance, allow us to choose ethnicities of persons featured, whether backgrounds are included (as opposed to gradients). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My business is primarily using Yay Images to provide photography and vector illustrations for blog posts, e-course learning materials, and social media. We need to have quick turnaround to ensure we get blog posts fast, with minimal searching of media, so we're benefiting from Yay Images's fast search functions and filter features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Bliss Officer
Retail
What do you like best?

I am able to find the perfect image for my projects every single time I go to Yay. They are my go-to source for both photo images and vectors. It's easy for me to get lost browsing and enjoying their selection. Most of the images seem to be from vetted pro photographers, which I appreciate. You also get a big size image instead of a tiny web size for each credit. Also greatly appreciated. I also like that I see images on Yay I do not see on my other sites I use every now and them. That adds to keeping the projects fresh and eye catching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

VERY small dislike, I wish I could see more items per page, I am a very quick decider and can browse at lightning speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give YAY Images a try! They have all you could be looking for in an easy to use interface with lots and lots of great images to select from. Very pleased I discovered Yay Images, it has allowed me to do an even better job with my media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like to have fresh, new images on the website. I change them at least once a month. Yay Images always has new images. I can go back and find ones I needed, plus I can count on new options being added frequently. The benefit would be more appealing websites and happy customers who return. That is a win/win for everyone! Happy customers with more business means I can buy more images! ;-D Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quality and quantity of editorial, images and vectors is fantastic. I love knowing that I will always find what I need for my work on Yay Images so I do not waste precious time searching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative about Yay Images. It is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep to my deadlines as Yay Images has an easy to use search bar to allow me to quickly find the exact shot I am looking for to engage with my audience. The contributors who work with Yay Images provide an excellent body of work. This means my work also has that professional edge which is so so important in the world of visual advertising. So not only am I saving time I am also able to work to a high standard making use of the Yay Images resource. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website Designer and Coach
What do you like best?

I love that I can choose the orientation of the photo, whether or not I want to see photos with people in them, find photos that have a particular colour theme and options to only see photos that have space for text which is great for social media graphics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, to be honest...I guess if I had to choose, is that the load time is a tad slow, but it's expected with the number of images displayed at once. Not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want videos, make sure you choose the right plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to take my own photographs for my blog/website and social media. It's such a huge time savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can find a photo to fit any topic or situation you are needing. I also love that there are so many images that I can actually come up with new ideas for my company based on the images I see on YAYImages.

It just makes things easier to run a company that heavily relies on images to run. And the users love the images based on the fact that they are shared so many times on our social media properties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there isn't anything I dislike about YayImages. I have yet to find myself not finding an image I need and I use a ton of images per month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for stock images that you arent going to find anywhere else without breaking the bank. The YAYImages is for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The free sites have decent images but the image quality I find at YAYImages is barred none. I love the fact that I can search for a certain photo and the site populates so many photos. Lots of times I end up using photos that I didn't even think of.

It has also helped in creating new topics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use multiple stock image websites and YayImages has the lowest cost for an Extended License I've seen so far. So whenever I need to find an image that would require an Extended License, I will look to YayImages first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see images that are in the same series. Sometimes I create book covers for series that feature the same model(s) but in different poses so to have that feature would be awesome. YayImages will show "Similar Images" but they won't necessarily be of the same model(s). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Low cost extended licenses. It lowers my expenses, especially which I need to buy multiple Extended Licenses for one project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Copywriter & Founder
What do you like best?

I subscribe to multiple stock asset websites but find myself frequently turning to Yay Images to flesh out the visuals for blog posts my team creates for clients. Tons of great options - there’s almost always something I can use based on even the most vague search terms! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With any stock image sites, there are limitations in terms of the breadth of images available. My recommendation is to not count on just one stock asset subscription for all your visual needs as a content marketer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Yay Images to find relevant stock assets to add to blog content I create for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Yay Images has both videos and photos. I have only used the photos at this time and I like that they have a huge variety of quality photos for social media. It is easy to search for the type of photo I need for my social media post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I search for photos of "fall leaves" I don't have a way of flagging/saving the initial photos that were good possibilities while I search through the rest of the results to find that one perfect photo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good quality images that are easy to find and easy to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yay images solves my problem of searching multiple sites for possible photos to use on social media. They have a huge variety, have good quality, and have an easy to use search function. Yay images makes it a time-saver to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Filters that help me find the right image Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are so many images to chose from it takes me more time than planned to go through them all. I would like to increase the number of images per page so I can scroll down and not have to flip through pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Whatever project I have - web or print - I can always find an image on Yay. The color filters and orientation filter helps narrow down choices to find the best image. Yay tends to have more unique images not found on other stock sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Based upon the many sites I search for pics on, Yay has the widest selection of "quality" material. I also think they have it organized well. When I search, I usually don't get a bunch of pics that have nothing to do with my subject. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes pics look too European than American in its view of culture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is hard to beat the quality of images they offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage social media accounts for 10+ clients. I need pics that match their business. I am usually able to find the right ones on Yay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Yay Images is an easy-to-use image library for all of your needs, from Zoom backgrounds to presentations to marketing materials. Quick-responding website, NSFW filter, and easy access to already paid-for images make Yay Images a winner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would always be nice to have more search functionality, but no complaints! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you'll like it! Yay Images has images representing every industry I've searched for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Although I have access to multiple image libraries, Yay Images is my go-to source. Easy to use, and everything is in one place. Works well from phones as well (responsive website). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the large "thumbnails" that give me a sense of what the images will look like at the size I would use them. Image filters are also helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it's sometimes helpful to see similar images from the same shoot grouped together, it would be useful to have a way to "fast forward" from one grouping to the next, rather than having to scroll through so many images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need images for blog posts and instructional videos. Yay Images helps me find high quality images that help make my content higher quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author and Publisher
What do you like best?

I've tried many platforms for graphics to use in my blog, books, and social media. Yay Images is the first place I look now. Love how well the search engine helps hone in on what I'm looking for and their wide selection of graphics (both vector and photo). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When Yay first came out I was frustrated by their search engine - but they went to work and made it great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yay has supplied me with some outstanding images that make my social media posts catch attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

I like the wide variety and high quality of images available through Yay Images. There are lots of options, which are easy to search and apply filters to narrow my search down. I always find an image that works for my online blogs, websites and print publications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have few to no dislikes about Yay Images. The quality is high, sometimes the selection can be overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have the chance to get access to Yay Images, I recommend that you do so. Plenty of photos, vectors and graphics, both color and black-and-white. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I find it easy to solve the problem of illustrating my online writing with an image that fits the theme and text I post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Beautiful images, photos and more for your pleasure. Use multiple image sites but find more unique stock availability suitable for any specific need at the time. Perfect for business or personal use Easy to use, plenty to choose and always ahead of the curve. Quick, response support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive to use often is a deal-breaker. Quality is worth the price , would be nice if an affordable plan for those on fixed budgets were available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to make a great presence , these stock will do the job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Variety of choices with plenty of uniqueness for any project increases presence and sales. Helps separate you from others without common duplication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. Yay has a great selection and best of all it allows me to

2. filter my searches by type, orientation, and even a

3. color filter - AWESOME! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes... It is my favorite site for getting images Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I make website landing pages and print newsletters. One of the greatest things I need is horizontal images with the subject NOT in the center. I find more of what I need at YaY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the variety of images with good quality.The search options when I go a try to search something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will like if they place on their platform stock assets that represent the diverse world we live in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go a find for yourself the vast amount of diverse images that Yay images offer for your use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like Yay images to create social media posts and blog posts when I need something unique for my projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I use a large number of images within my website, and I also duplicate the same information on my social media post that requires many alternative themed illustrations and variations, and Yayimages have pleasantly surprised me with their quality and design. I have been with them for some time and is part of my tool kit I use regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of their work is surreal, but this can be both negative and positive if you are looking for something that will spark interest. This can take some time to find the golden nugget you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In most cases, I do not have a particular image in mind; it could be to illustrate some text I have written, and I will then scan the website to gather some inspiration and ideas to fit into my project. In most cases, I have a subject or theme in mind and waiting for that Eureka moment to occur. Let's be honest, I also subscribe to two more image companies as well as yay images because I need the depth of available royalty-free images they all provide together to satisfy my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to find images based on keywords and additional images as you narrow your search Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the image I want is not there and I have to try another source Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I write a blog it is always good to have a few images included in the article. Yay Images provides a quick and easy way to get the images that I need and they are better than standard stock images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I spend so much time looking for the right image for my book covers. Yay Images is my first port of call in looking for the images that are going to match my genre and story. It makes my task much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides. Finding the right image is like finding gold. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding the right image is always challenging. When there are thousands to choose from, my task is much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I love the search facility, especially when I am looking for images of a specific orientation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, there has rarely been a time I can't find what I am looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will be pleased you did, it's super easy to use and has lots of fabulous images to choose from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It takes less time to find what I am looking for which gives me more time to focus on my writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.