VideoStudio Pro

Make your most engaging movies ever with VideoStudio Pro X8.5.

Work for VideoStudio Pro?

Learning about VideoStudio Pro?

VideoStudio Pro Reviews

Showing 15 VideoStudio Pro reviews
Denise C.

"Easy-to-Use Professional Video and Slideshow Editor"

What do you like best?

I love that this software lets you transform your favorite images and video clips into professional quality slideshows or video displays with background music, creative transitions and special effects. Videostudio works like a timeline and allows for drag and drop designing. It is simple to navigate and import your own videos, music, photos, etc. You can basically create and edit your videos without the need of professional video skills. The ability to export to a wide variety of formats to fit different devices is a big plus. I also love being able to create my own DVD menu. Software for this type of work can be expensive. Corel Videostudio is very cost effective and the upgrades priced well!

What do you dislike?

I find some of the transition effects to be low quality and would like to see these improved. Occasionally my software randomly crashes and that can be a real pain. The trial doesn't allow you to try out the DVD making feature so if that is what you want it for, you can't truly try it out. I wish the SHARE feature allowed for high quality videos online or for download.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend trying out the software before purchasing. It will help you to make the best decision. Try it with video as well as photos. You can make some great videos with just still photos thanks to the special effects and transitions.

I use this software for many things. I love the ability to create video announcements and snapshot those screens for single slideshow presentations as well. This software works with many others having the ability to export to a variety of formats. I have been able to use for simple slideshow presentations to full scrapbook wedding/graduation videos. Whether 2 min slideshows or 45 minute videos, the software runs very smoothly. I have been a user of this software for many years and currently use Corel Videostudio X9 Ultimate which is a newer version.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VideoStudio Pro
Katy P.

"An awesome video/image editor"

What do you like best?

It is an amazing software that helps you to change your photos, images and clips into a professional quality displays, slideshows with amazing background music and great edits. You do not need any professional skills anymore as this software has got you covered and wrapped all your flaws. I love this as it as amazed me and helped me in creating the best images and slideshows I have made so far.

What do you dislike?

There are some low quality tools available which I would like to be improved. Apart from it it is an amazing product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is must try for those who are not into video editing stuff, as it can be easily accustomed with the beginners. Very easy to install and the setup is uncomplex. The features are great up to basic and advanced level. It is quick and runs smoothly. It saves times and is user friendly.

An effective and efficient tool that has helped me in creating great and amazing content and helped me in making the videos more great and amazing.It also helps in working with different formats which is great. The best part is that your video runs very smoothly without any hindrance.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Martin F.

"Maravilloso editor de videos/imagenes."

What do you like best?

VideoStudio Pro es muy sencillo de usar y navegar a través de todas las opciones, lo que te genera una sensación de oportunidad cuando hace una vista previa del video.

What do you dislike?

Este es un magnifica instrumento que te servirá para ayudarte a transformar tus vídeos de cámaras y sistemas de captura de vídeo en excelentes películas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VideoStudio Pro es la mejor opción para aquellos que no son expertos manejando las técnicas de edición de vídeos, esta plataforma posee todas las características básicas y algunas bastante avanzadas que te serán de gran utilidad.

VideoStudio posee muchísimos tipos de efectos de transición, cada uno con sus controles propios para modificar la velocidad del efecto, dirección y borde de mis vídeos, me facilita tiempo y trabajo con sus innumerables funciones, con esta plataforma fácilmente puedo agregar narraciones, títulos animados, y créditos rodantes a mis vídeos.

Victor J.

"A powerful tool for content creators"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to edit a video and work with multiple layers of effects, it just works wonderfully.

What do you dislike?

Not much, the only downside I can see is how much ram it consumes, but then again, this a video edition software, not an average software, so it's reasonable how much of ram it consumes, to process the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to have a good graphics card on your computer, because it needs a lot of resource for good quality and rendering your videos.

Also, be sure to check out ther tutorials, they are really solid material to work on, and it makes it easier for your workflow to know exactly where everything is.

Basically making video presentations about the drawings of my colleagues, mostly, and video blogs.

Silvestre L.

"Excellent non-professional video editor"

What do you like best?

The new version has special high-end features such as 3D and 4K Ultra HD.

contains multiple tracks, a large effects library and all the standard video editing features.

It is highly customizable allows you to move elements of the interface to your liking to work more comfortable.

It has live preview of many of its effects and titles so you can see how the final result would be before applying them.

What do you dislike?

The search of effects is complicated since it does not have a search engine.

only available for windows.

render times are very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent option for non-professionals of the video editing. It has all the basic features and some quite advanced.

Edition of high quality videos. I could create DVD menus. add effects and titles to the videos.

"Consider it as the best alternative to Premiere Pro"

What do you like best?

Clean and simple interface, the shallow learning curve with free seven-day access to studio backlot for beginner tutorials. It uses CPU not GPU for rendering so like I said it is slower, but overall I accomplish more because I don't have to work around crashes

What do you dislike?

Week customer relations.

1) first they force you to register - the program won't start without it.

2) then they (Corel) force u to email verify.

3) then they ask you a million time if you want [x] Critical Updates AND exclusive offers if you just want just the updates but not the garbage spam - you can't do that.

4) Then their web store is retarded - same company but if you want to buy corel studio and corel draw u can't buy it in the same store.

5) The program saves hidden copies of videos on my computer and I have to dig around to find them and erase.

6) My final concern is why am I getting ads when I paid for the product?

This is a very sophisticated and flexible software package for movies creating.

Christian O.

"A Cost-Effective Video Editing Program"

What do you like best?

This video editing software is perfect for simple editing such as vlogs, short low-budget films and advertisement videos. The interface was sleek, and easier to edit on compared to most other intricate video editing software out there.

What do you dislike?

Having only one video track on the timeline is a pain for a seasoned video editor. Implementing multiple video tracks would be a great addition to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need a cheaper but extremely reliable editing program for your videos? This software is the way to go. It will help a newcomer become familiar with the video editing process.

Creating video advertisements for my personal training business, and diversifying my editing skills for future content.

C

"Making a Movie? Here's Help."

What do you like best?

Easy to use with lots of options. Multiple formats available to create movies. The version I currently use allows for "green screen" work, which has been necessary for work that I've done for a nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

It had previously had the ability to "green screen" a movie, but that got dropped without upgrading to the highest level. Felt like that was bait and switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the options list to make sure it does everything that you need. It does work well and does much that I need. Good program. Support is not always the best.

I do consulting for a local nonprofit setting up movies that they share with their followers.

Manny E.

"Video Studio Pro is very easy to use."

What do you like best?

Video Studio Pro has many of the same features that you can find in higher end programs like Sony Vegas without the cost. I like that Video Studio shares the simplicity that you can find in many Corel products.

What do you dislike?

One thing that should be easy but isn't in Video Studio would be adding a color vignette. Having to manage colors per frame seems a bit too primitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended!

Video Studio Pro is the only video editing software that I know of that can automatically sync audio with video with multi-cameras. This program has allowed us to turn video around much faster than before!

Rebecca D.

"Really good for editing"

What do you like best?

I use VideoStudio Pro at work for editing videos. I love all of the filter options and the fact that you can change the speed. It is pretty easy to use as well which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about it. It is one of the best video editing softwares I have used.

I have been using this to edit some of our videos for our website. It makes it a lot easier and I can make the deadlines on time. The videos always come out great as well.

UB
User in Banking

"Beginner-friendly Video Editor "

What do you like best?

The inbuilt library for options of video effects, sound and clipart is just unparallel. The DVD making feature is of great use if you want to carry it along and play at some other place.

It's super easy to use and navigate through all the options giving a timeliness like feel when you do a preview of the video.

What do you dislike?

The biggest disadvantage is that it is only for Windows and not Mac. The pricing needs to be improved as compared to some of the big names in the field and the options which they provide for that pricing.

I am able to create a video enabled presentation and that too with the option of making any number of changes and upgrades based on the colleagues feedback.

Jessica C.

"VideoStudio Pro simplifies editing "

What do you like best?

The ease of use is most beneficial to me. The product is intuitive and requires little to no time to become familiar.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t have anything that I dislike. I’ve used FinalCut Pro and find this product to be superior.

We shoot quick promo vids for our business and utilize them in marketing and for client intros. This has madd the process of stitching pieces together easy and seamless resulting in a beautiful final product.

Alexander Madison s.

"VideoStudio Pro"

What do you like best?

what I like most about this software allows you to transform your images and video clips into slides. It has a good interface.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantages I have found is that render times are very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I totally recommend this software works correctly and adapts to the needs of my organization

I love the ability to create video ads and take snapshots of those screens

"Review"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Can make top notch videos very quickly without the hassle.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have found no flaws. It does everything I want with very few steps.

I’m able to create high quality videos without paying for an expensive program or having to higher someone to do them.

"Fancy Video editing software "

What do you like best?

Fancy software for all your video editing needs, from professional to casual shoots.

What do you dislike?

The biggest con is the price and the fact that it’s for Windows not Mac

Making video documentation for my projects.

Learning about VideoStudio Pro?

* We monitor all VideoStudio Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.