UpdraftPlus Reviews & Product Details

UpdraftPlus Overview

What is UpdraftPlus?

UpdraftPlus is a WordPress backup plugin.

UpdraftPlus Details

UpdraftPlus is a WordPress backup plugin.

UpdraftPlus
2012
United Kingdom
@UpdraftPlus
Answer a few questions to help the UpdraftPlus community
Have you used UpdraftPlus before?

UpdraftPlus Reviews

Showing 16 UpdraftPlus reviews
Already have UpdraftPlus?
Chief Administrator
What do you like best?

UpDraft Plus makes it simple to automate server backups, create custom backup sets, and transfer archives to third party cloud storage. Easy WordPress integration makes backup management simple! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Automated backups during WordPress plugin/theme updates are checked by default. I often have to cancel a backup to proceed with simple updates when a backup is not necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Updraft Plus for easy website backups with simple WordPress integration. Set up redundant offsite backups using Amazon S3 buckets or various other cloud storage platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage a massive WP multisite network on our own dedicated server. While we perform daily server-level backups, Updraft Plus allows us to quickly create site specific backups at the domain level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

UpdraftPlus is a friendly tool. What I like the most is that it is possible to schedule backups so that the software automatically takes care of creating the backups and stores them either in the hosting service or some other cloud service. Another feature that I like is that it is also possible to carry out database backups. In addition, it is possible to use it for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that UpdraftPlus doesn't run while plugin updates are in the works, which is a huge disadvantage, as it can happen that some plugin has an error and causes the website to crash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A friendly software for users with no advanced computer knowledge. It is constantly updated and allows uploading the backups to different hosting servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UpdraftPlus is a tool that has facilitated my work, since previously I had to run the creation of backup copies from the cPanel manager, which took up a lot of storage space in our hosting service and prevented us from using it for other purposes. With this software we can save the backup copies directly to Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The free version when I didn't really know much better. I thought it was doing a good job but it was so sloooow! (So I signed up for a paid version!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Backups can take two hours and my site is down during this period of time! Worse, tech support is surly, short-tempered and rude. They reminds me of a gang who hates what they do. I wrote twice with numbered questions and in two exchanges, they never addressed any of my issues or concerns. When I talk to different tech support organizations and have several questions, I number them for clearer responses.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because of UpDraftPlus, I now takethe importance of backups quite seriously.. A friend who used to be an administrator for GoDaddy recommended ManageWP.com. So now I have a great back up source! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Agent
What do you like best?

Outstanding amongst other Plugin for WP Backup and likewise its help is awesome and the updates are standard and I can't remember ever having any similarity issues. It's a brilliant reinforcement utility and has negligible issues with it. Extraordinary module, incredible help, with this single module, I will get gradual reinforcements, various capacity goals, programmed reinforcement before refreshes, migrator, WP-CLI coordination, merchant, improved announcing, no adverts, fix reinforcement time, more documents, more database choices, multisite/arrange, WebDAV, Microsoft One Drive, SFTP/FTPS/SCP, upgraded support for Dropbox (sub-envelopes), Rackspace, Cloud Files, Amazon S3 (Standard and Standard – Infrequent Access Storage classes) and Google Drive (sub-organizers). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slow backup process and if I talk about pricing if you want to plugin you need to pay for it and not only once. The majority of plans are yearly so repeating costs are sitting tight for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My experience with this software is reliable and it is good enough for me as well as for our business. When I talk about the business it means it is pretty good for all business purposes. I have been utilizing this module all alone and my customer's sites. I don't have the foggiest idea to what extent. If anyone wants lifetime updates then you will get them because Updraft plus has restoring, recovering, and migrating features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Updraft Plus is a solid Wordpress backup tool that has allowed me to recover from catastrophic loss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The purchase structure can be a bit confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automated, scheduled backups of my Wordpress sites. I have used UpDraft Plus to recover from catastrophic loss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to backup your website with this plugin and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it interferes with auto-update plugins Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would back up your website fairly often and link the backup to google drive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me have a reliable backup whenever my site has issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

The main advantage of this WordPress backup plugin is that you can save your backups directly to an online storage, like Dropbox, or Google drive.

This way you can always have a copy of your backups in a safe place.

In fact, it is a "set and forget" backup system. All you need to do is simply install the plug-in and schedule your backups in a remote location.

The main plug-in includes all the features you'll need from a backup plug-in. For advanced features like cloning and migration, non-WordPress file backups and more, you can install the respective add-ons on your WP site.

You can migrate your WordPress site with the Migrator add-on. The migratory add-in performs a direct site-to-site migration. The add-on also includes many useful features you will need during site migration, including search and replacement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only flaws I could find in this product are related to a potential plugin update difference, compared to the wordpress version. In fact, if the wordpress core is updated and the plugin does not (or vice versa), you may notice generic malfunctions, but this principle applies to all WordPress plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Backing up to a remote storage location is strongly recommended in order to avoid server-level risks. UpdraftPlus offers the widest range of remote storage options such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can choose which elements to include in the backup: databases, site files, plugins, themes. Even if you decide to include them all, they are separate files and therefore you can manage them individually also directly from the plugin settings.

For example, you can make a complete backup, but save only the content related content on your PC.

With Updraft Plus you have the possibility to create automatic backups, choosing their frequency and the number of backups to keep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR Assistant
What do you like best?

For me the best part is the option of on-demand backups. My hosting server does scheduled backups but once I lost all of the new work I had done on a site I was building because the saved revisions didn't include the latest changes and the hosting server's last backup was the night before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm using the free version and I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create regularly scheduled backups and also do a manual backup whenever you've added a lot of new content or coding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As long as I make the backup I don't have to worry about losing my work and having to redo it all. I also like making a backup right before the site is migrated to the client so there are no concerns if there's a glitch along the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administartor
What do you like best?

Updraftplus Support lots of options when it comes to creating a backup of your WordPress site. The most important of those include Google Cloud, Google Drive, Amazon S3, FTP, Onedrive and more, which gives users lots of options over creating the usual Server backup. Backup Scheduling is great; you can choose how many backups to keep, how often you need to create and which files to backup, usually I backup my files once a week and database every day. There is also an incremental backup option which will update the backup when a file changes. You also got an opportunity to automatically backup the whole site before plugin updates which are from a users point of view, very important cause a lot of things can go wrong with an update.

Site cloning is another option available in Updraftplus when you're switching sites, you can easily create a site key and duplicate the whole site under encrypted form for additional security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, but I was unable to use the plugin when my site SSL expired, I don't know if its a server issue or issue with the plugin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Updraft Plus is an awesome backup solution. Highly recommend it to any wordpress user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Updraftplus is a plugin I use with every single site, it helps me keep my backup organised and data secured in case anything goes south. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web and Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

This plugin is super easy to configure and use. UpdraftPlus gives you several options to create backups of your database, theme, plugins, and uploads on a daily or weekly basis. There are also options to do migrate and clone your site or do manual backups and restores. Your backups can be stored in the cloud on Dropbox, Google Drive, or some other type of remote storage. All in all it's a great free plugin and has saved me a lot of money and time maintaining Wordpress websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None that I can really think of but it would be nice to easily switch out between different remote storage options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product and there are some good tutorials on YouTube that will show you how to set up the plugin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This plugin is crucial in WordPress development and maintenance. If for any reason something goes wrong during a software update, it's important that you always have a recent backup so you can restore your site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

UpdraftPlus has been so helpful in taking care of our sites backups automatically and remotely. We have integrated UpdraftPlus plugin with DropBox so all our WordPress backup files, and databases are stored there automatically from one setup we did during the configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This far UpdraftPlus has performed as expected therefore, I cannot see a major downside. However, if you have two sites both saving files on the same Dropbox account, UpdraftPlus doesn't know how to separate those files. It sends in the same folder which for me I think it would have been better if it could create different directories for different site backups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

UpDraftPlus is a powerful back up plugin for for Wordpress users, you can try it and you will enjoy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was tiresome to manually back up sites, We tried different methods and non of them work for us, but when we tired out UpdraftPlus, we have never gone back since then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

The ease of use. We use Updraft to backup all of our client websites. It holds a TON of licenses and is great for the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We set it up under an old employees email address and since he is no longer here, we wanted to remove his and use a new one. There is no easy way to change it without going into each site and changing the email address. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you run a large marketing agency with many clients, this is the product for you. Never worry about back ups again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We take backups of all client sites should something happen. We keep them even after they have left us just incase their new company loses information, we have it saved into the cloud. It have saved us from losing any information or very little if that. We have clients leave and come back and we have everything right where they left it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Media Production
What do you like best?

I love that you can back-up your Wordpress website to multiple storage options. Personally, I choose to use DropBox. But, they also offer connectivity with Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, (S)FTP, WebDAV, email, and even locally. Updates can be automated or manual. Just let it run in the background and you will always have an up-to-date backup of your site (depending on the frequency that you set in the options). I love that you can move your website to another hosting provider and restore everything quickly, with a basic WordPress installation and the UpDraft plugin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the backup sometimes doesn't fully restore properly. Occasionally, the plugins are corrupt and result in a lengthy repair process. Also, don't forget to do an actual database backup in addition to the one that UpDraftPlus creates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with your hosting provider's backup service if you have money in your budget for it, because this plugin is not entirely reliable. However, if your website is easily rebuildable (in case of a corrupt or non-functional backup), then this is definitely the way to go. I've successfully restored websites, multiple times, using this plugin. However, there have been a couple of instances where I had to fully start from scratch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem with working on a budget website is trying to find a reliable (but also free/cheap) backup option. The hosting provider that I use only offers paid backups and the cost incurs monthly. Over time, it can be a costly solution. Be aware, however, that you sometimes get what you pay for. If cost isn't a concern, I recommend using your provider's backup service. That being said, UpdraftPlus has saved me on more than one occasion. Recently, I had an issue with a security certificate and a plugin was somehow corrupted in the process (I have no idea how that was even possible). Anyway, the quick and easy of it all was reinstalling WordPress (from scratch), installing UpDraft, and doing a Restore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

There is no manual work, the plugin does everything for you once you have completely set it up with Dropbox. I can access all my backup data anywhere anytime, it is so awesome.

UpdraftPlus is surely a lifesaver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The plugin stores backup file in just one folder even if the data if from different sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

UpdraftPlus is a reliable Wordpress backup solution, try it today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily recover a hacked site thanks to UpdraftPlus.

Benefits

The plugin integrates well with other third-party cloud storage

The free version is as good as the pro version

Regular updates

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

UpdraftPlus was a perfect solution for our Wordpress backup needs. It has a large offering of customization, including where the data will be backed up to. Thankfully we haven't had to restore any backups yet, but the peace of mind that our documentation is safe via UpdraftPlus is worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn't so much the fault of UpdraftPlus as it is the service you choose to upload your backups to. Occasionally there will be errors between UpdraftPlus and Dropbox where the scheduled backups will fail. It is a minor issue, and is typically an easy fix. Otherwise I couldn't be happier with UpdraftPlus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does everything it claims to do and more. If you have a Wordpress site, this should be a requirement to ensure the protection of your data. Backups are automatic, and you can set the backup schedule as needed. Additionally, restoring backups is a very simple process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A regular, full and comprehensive backup of our software documentation site (self-hosted as a Wordpress site). This site is used for both customers and internal users to learn how the application functions and provides solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Easy to install, Easy to use interface, and I liked that you could schedule backups and not have to think about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I have a few errors reported and I’m not sure whether these might cause problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Back up small business wordpress based site, this is important because when I edit/change the website on the back end, I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm a novice not a developer. Occasionally I will do something to break the site, and having a back up easy to restore is vital. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.