StudyStack

StudyStack offers free flashcards for serious fun studying. Create your own or use sets shared by other students and teachers.

Work for StudyStack?

Learning about StudyStack?

Categories

Compare StudyStack to Similar Solutions

StudyStack Reviews

Ask StudyStack a Question
Showing 29 StudyStack reviews
StudyStack review by jennifer h.
jennifer h.

"Fun flashcards - Helpful with memorizing physiology terms!"

What do you like best?

I like that there are premade flashcards made by other teachers so that I can compare them with what my school is studying. It's helpful mostly with memorization of terms/definitions. I use this primarily for physiology and human anatomy but I could see it being useful especially in foreign language classrooms

What do you dislike?

I haven't figured out how/if you can add an image to one side of the flashcard. It would be nice to be able to add a photo of a particular bone or artery etc and be able to practice quick memorization/recall practice. There may be a way to do so - I just haven't found it yet. I don't love that this isn't quite as widely used as quizlet or course hero so the range of topics is somewhat limited. I would like to see them grow so that it could be more useful when comparing with other classrooms' material.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to

This has made creating flashcards for students so so simple. It has meant that we can cut down on time physically creating flashcards (which does little to help memorize something versus writing/repetition), and more time quickly getting each student set up with an account and then subscribing to the class set. I'm interested in seeing if I could use this in my call center job to help with training terms.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about StudyStack
StudyStack review by Samir S.
Samir S.

"Excellent platform for fun based learning"

What do you like best?

The best thing I liked about it was its simple Graphical user interface with no advertisements and everything placed correctly on the screen. One can easily look for what he needs on the screen.

It offers millions of flashcards already created by its community users like students and instructors from all over the world. It provides various activities for studying which makes it easier to learn the data at a rapid pace and at the same time not getting bored by using a single platform for all the learning.

It provides labels to categorize various courses and study the specific ones at a time.

What do you dislike?

As per my understanding, It is basically a platform for individual learning and not made for Group/Enterprise learning. There is very less interaction between the users. Also, it is similar to the concept of Wikipedia and may have some information which is already obsolete or modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fantastic learning platform. But do remember it has a limited database and you won't find everything here. So, it is for learning the basics of a particular topic you are interested in.

I have used it to learn the French language as I had to travel to France in a month's time and found this platform to learn the same. So, it helped me in gaining knowledge about a different language.

I also read it sometimes to do my basic learning on Science subjects.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

StudyStack review by Jesus David V.
Jesus David V.

"StudyStack the best way to learn"

What do you like best?

StudyStack is the best platform to learn and study in a more enjoyable and fun way, also helps students memorize information in a fun and engaging way. Students can share flashcards and StudyStack automatically creates other games

What do you dislike?

There are people with bad intentions that create false cards which give you wrong information, only seek to harm others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that students who are too lazy to study, enter this platform that allows them to learn in a fun and easy way.

StudyStack allows the student to find a more fun way to learn and in this way allows them to get good grades in their courses, the best is that it can be used from your tablet or cell phone, use it !!!

StudyStack review by Laurel Y.
Laurel Y.

"straightforward virtual-flashcards learning tool for students"

What do you like best?

It's simple but effective for review with my students, basically an online version of making their own flashcards with index cards. However, because it's online, they like it better!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I especially dislike, but it doesn't have the fun bonus features that really make it like a game (such as music and a countdown) that Kahoot has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, free program to make review more fun for students. There are many shared flashcard sets already there, so you don't always have to start from scratch, which saves time.

My students both need and want to review before a quiz or test, and with StudyStack they can study together or alone, and either at home or in class.

StudyStack review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Studying for NCSA Exam with Study stack"

What do you like best?

Being able to create and categorize flash cards without actually using paper index cards. I like that I can color code them. I was able to separate my specific study topics into colors, which definitely helped a lot.

What do you dislike?

The online sets were extremely limited, which tells me this isn’t widely used. There were no sets already in existence to help with my NSCA test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware the database isn’t huge. But this app does make it very easy to organize flash cards and categorize what you know best and what topics you need extra time on.

I wouldn’t say I’m solving business problems, but the StudyStack app is helping me gain knowledge that I am applying to my job. It is a resource I not only utilize, but I have also suggested this app to my student-athletes and coworkers who are completing their master’s degree. I know my student-athletes have used this with much satisfication.

So, in a business sense, it has helped my student-athletes keep their grades up.

StudyStack review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Great for learning secondary languages."

What do you like best?

I like how it's free to use, and that I'm able to make my own flashcards online, it has a quick and easy dashboard which is easy to use. I can always count on it to help me memorize information and other things. StudyStack is also great for native speakers, it could help them study new languages like Chinese, Spanish, Italian, and know the definition after viewing the answer. Would recommend this.

What do you dislike?

It's kinda messy, the dashboard, could be somewhat hard to use for new users. Other than that there's no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need flashcards from other people to help learn and review terms or different languages, StudyStack is a great alternative. It's also a free service which I recommend everyone to use. Why pay for online services when you have StudyStack?

It helps our community review the terms that we need to know, and the instructions. We also have it show rules, and they say the answer. So we know that they're following the guidelines. We also use it for presentations, when we make new ideas, we flip the online flashcard and show our solution.

StudyStack review by Sammie M.
Sammie M.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

This is great software to use in the classes. Studystack allows you to create a flashcard system to be used in a variety of ways. Studystack is browser-based and super easy to use.I have shared this tool with my students as a way for them to study vocabulary. They love playing the games to study. It is very easy to use and create new study stacks. I learned about study stacks from my co-teacher and have shared it with my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Online sets are limited and could use a larger selection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy this product!

This program is an excellent way to learn.I highly recommend all the students use this site and app.

StudyStack review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

" the best way to transform traditional education as technology advances."

What do you like best?

is a very interesting tool to use in the classes, since your students can practice a bit of content through the games that this page offers by creating several cards with different strategies and reinforcing the same content, creating the option that students can self-assess and share your results With the rest of the class, it is a strategy of great interest for students, since they are usually interested in activities related to technology, it is nice to select a wide range of academic areas that we can select to perform comfortably our contents with the greatest satisfaction for our students.

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to open cards for young students in their first stage of studies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent way to make content more enjoyable for students is 100% recommended.

With this tool we can make students who are disinterested in a subject manage to master it by practicing these cards.

StudyStack review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"StudyStack makes for great studying"

What do you like best?

StudyStack is very simple and easy to use with access to many different topics, specialties, programs, classes. The ability to find flash cards for whatever you need to study makes StudyStack a great program for anyone needing help studying for whatever they need help remembering. It helped me with my Nursing classes dramatically. The games you can play with the flashcards are also pretty damn fun!

What do you dislike?

Because there is such a vast amount of information and flashcards that are available it can be difficult sometimes trying to find what you're looking for, but that can be fixed by the ability to create your own flash cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to refresh and keep knowledge about whatever topics you need to keep up on!

StudyStack is helping employees with their continuing education and staying on top of their healthcare knowledge about different disease processes and treatment plans/goals.

StudyStack review by Nicolas H.
Nicolas H.

"Great Students Resource "

What do you like best?

I best like the ability to enter own data to create studystack and then quizzes flashcard hangman games are created automatically for me . The interface is very easy to use and my students do not need to create an an account to view flash cards I have created .

What do you dislike?

The free version display ads for all users but a affordable upgrade is available , currently for teachers it is 20$ a year with 7 days free trial.

The ability to share flash cards with my students . Study stack help students improve their study skills and make learning more fun.

StudyStack review by Olayiwola V.
Olayiwola V.

"Unique Online Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

Studystack enables you to make a creative sheet framework to be utilized in an assortment of ways. This online flashcard system takes information to make an assortment of fun exercises.

What do you dislike?

It is more of a single user platform so it does not encourage group exploration. It also has some useful but old information that requires some modification. Generally, it's a nice tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stackcard is a robust platform. You can explore various topics and get a lot of useful information. Users can also add information to the platform. It promotes knowledge through a flipcard system.

Personal Development

StudyStack review by Kat F.
Kat F.

"Helpful tool for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

Easy to create and share collaborative study materials; I used this a lot in my undergraduate studies for my French study groups. Instructors can also create flash cards tailored to specific exams or sections. Implementation of games adds a fun element and encourages studying. The account feature also allows users to save and edit their stacks of cards.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the program covers its bases pretty well. I can't say I'd change much about it.

As a worker in the education field, I find this program benefits our students, helping them to improve their grades and us to focus more on exploring topics in class rather than devoting in-class time to rote memorization. As a user in undergrad, I found it extremely helpful in collaborating with my study groups.

StudyStack review by Shannon F.
Shannon F.

"Fun way to study"

What do you like best?

I like how interactive and creative this study tool is. It allows students to learn in a very engaging and fun way.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really think there’s anything I dislike because it satisfies my needs and helps me study my course materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out if you struggle with studying. It is interactive and unique.

I am able to solve issues related to studying tactics and staying focused. It can be a struggle to stay focused and engaged while studying because it can get boring and lag sometimes. The benefits are that it really makes you feel better about studying and allows you to learn without feeling super bored so you can stay fo used and actually absorb the information.

StudyStack review by User

"Study stack- The complete study cards"

What do you like best?

It is anything but difficult to utilize and make new examination stacks. I found out about investigation stacks from my co-educator and have imparted it to my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

This application is in significant need of a refresh. The structure resembles it's from the beginning of web streak gaming. The controls for the recreations on the cell phone adaptation of the application are not too responsive, making a few amusements baffling to play.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understudies will appreciate learning actualities at this intuitive and fun site. Virtual cards are accessible in an assortment of subjects, including geology, history, business, math, science, dialects, medicinal points, and that's just the beginning. Each heap of virtual cards can be utilized simply like cheat sheets - you can dispose of them as you get familiar with the data and keep the ones that despite everything you have to rehearse. The site additionally offers a few different approaches to become familiar with the data. Clients can see the cheat sheets in an assortment of arrangements, including an investigation table, a coordinating movement, an executioner diversion, a crossword confuse, a fill-in-the-spaces action, and the sky is the limit from there.

It is useful to remember important words in client requests and accordingly we make cards and create reports.

StudyStack review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"StudyStack for Nursing"

What do you like best?

I like that studystack allows me to categorize the stacks with labels so that students can easily see whether it is a general review for boards or a course exam specific study stack.

What do you dislike?

This program isn't geared toward group study but is great for individual memorization, etc. I wish there was more interactive components between users. I would recommend Kahoot or Memrise over StudyStack so that there is incentive for groups to participate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although StudyStack is great for individual study, I can't recommend it for the in-person class setting for educators. Programs like Kahoot offer more versatility. I would recommend that educators choose a program with more connections to other softwares to upload questions and flashcards rather than manually entering them.

I don't feel that this program has solved any of the problems I have when finding study resources for students.

StudyStack review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Study Stack Review"

What do you like best?

That you can make your own flash cards to fit your needs. Ymthere are subjects as well, but it’s beneficial to be able to create flash cards based on exactly what you need help studying.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more subjects already added to the site. I also wish the site was more up to date for those who don’t want to study on the phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’d recommend this to small companies only if you’re using for business purposes but it’s great for any student.

We use Study Stack as a source of training materials when bringing new employees on bord to test basic knowledge they need to know.

StudyStack review by User in Research
User in Research

"Easy to Use for Primary Education"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and can be easily demonstrated to young students. The flash card technique along with technology saves time for teachers as well as students from taking lengthy notes.

What do you dislike?

The website is somewhat poorly constructed. The layout and ads don't help much. The design needs to be better and placement of clickable ads should be away from the flash cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your primary target is e-learning for young students, this may be the right choice

Using the technology at my family-foundation owned rural primary school in India

StudyStack review by User in Higher Education

"super cool studying tool that I recommend to all students"

What do you like best?

The site is free and very accessible for different types of students and learners. It makes studying fun, inexpensive and students have found that they enjoy studying when using this application. The incentives and rewards are great because it motivates students to continue studying- it is no longer a chore for them.

What do you dislike?

It's similar to wiki in that users may not have the correct information listed. The application sometimes has glitches in the system and the interface isn't always user friendly. Lastly, navigating the app can be a bit of a hassle sometimes and not all course topics are covered in StudyStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

StudyStack has study materials from many different departments, from history to biology. I highly suggest using StudyStack to students as another way to acquire, retain and comprehend course material.

Helping students become more successful in their coursework. Students enjoy using this because it gives them different ways to study their material. Furthermore, you can use it on your phone which is helpful because as we know, students are always on the go. I have noticed that some students who are using StudyStack have been performing better on their quizzes and exams and because of this, they let their friends know about StackStack as well.

StudyStack review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Study Stack a great resource for students and instructors"

What do you like best?

I like how you can find great flashcards, review tips, etc. It is helpful for creating short quizzes and such.

What do you dislike?

On occasion you will run across false study cards or false answers that someone has created to intentionally cause a person to fail a quiz or assignment. Not much that Study Stack can do about this because it is submitted by individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Study Stack is a great resource/tool. Remember that these cards, exams, quizzes, etc are submitted by others and students. At times not all the information will be correct.

Tutoring resource. It is a quick resource to check facts, create study cards and quizzes for my students.

StudyStack review by User

"Excellent help page to improve knowledge, fun"

What do you like best?

It is excellent to reinforce the classes of children in a fun way, we can compete among the family while we have fun and we learn all

What do you dislike?

I'm starting to use it and I love it, I have no complaints so far

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes of course

I can keep the children entertained for a long time and I assure you that they are learning and reinforcing knowledge, in addition to making sure that they are not seeing anything wrong

StudyStack review by James M.
James M.

"good product"

What do you like best?

I can sort the questions very easily and use answers according to the situation of study and research

What do you dislike?

nothing to put in this section, is a very useful software

it helps me as a learning support for users

StudyStack review by Eric L.
Eric L.

" excellent study tool"

What do you like best?

with this Software it is easy to measure the knowledge of the users in certain specific areas

What do you dislike?

they must improve the software interface

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use

you can measure the skill of the users using this knowledge tool

StudyStack review by User

"StudyStack una forma divertida de obtener mejores calificaciones."

What do you like best?

Que se crean tarjetas con la aplicación o con el sitio web studystack.com. SE estudian las tarjetas de vocabulario, Comparte tarjetas con la clase entre otras.

What do you dislike?

A pesar de ser una plataforma para el aprendizaje individual no tiene la opción de grupo para mejorar el intercambio de información.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una buena herramienta de aprendizaje en cualquier área. Las tarjetas los juegos el intercambio de información facilita el aprendizaje.

Después de solo unos minutos, me gusta cómo tiene diferentes actividades de revisión. Sin embargo, en mi teléfono se corta la parte inferior de la aplicación. Corta la mitad inferior del teclado, así que no puedo hacer hangman o crucigramas.

StudyStack review by User in Computer Software

"StudyStack - good platform to gain knowledge"

What do you like best?

StudyStack offers you a very simple graphical user interface which is easy to operate on. Easy installation without any hasle.

Studystack provides you billions of flashcards as per your requirements From different communities.

Its quite similar to Wikipedia providing you the useful information as per the input.

What do you dislike?

Its just a small database can be used at small scale but not for big enterprises.

StudyStack is quite useful for gaining information from different resources.

StudyStack review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great fun based Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

User Interface is excellent. The keys and tabs are easily accessible colour code facility is a good feature.

What do you dislike?

Limited interaction between the learners which makes the knowledge transfer less. Meant for individual learning, it could have been a group learning to increase the fun part of it.

I recommend this to my students who wish to travel abroad and want to learn local language for their future prospects. This helped many a times.

StudyStack review by Administrator

"Check out Study Stack"

What do you like best?

You can create your own Flash Cards, Slides, etc. You can have your students practice flashcards, hangman, matching, quizzes, study stacks, etc. It just goes on and on.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this product. You can develop what your students need.

Getting the students to study because they are using a computer.

StudyStack review by User

"Study Stack is wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to customize and tailor it to my specific needs.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of that I do not like.

We've been able to use this software to help new employees learn the parts and pieces of the items they'll be selling.

StudyStack review by User

"Awesome tool for any student to maximize their time "

What do you like best?

Easily remember course content without all the effort of combing the text book.

What do you dislike?

It’s not specific to your instructor so you will still need to do some work of your own.

Not enough time and too much to learn.

StudyStack review by User

"Easy To Study And Share"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Study Stack is that it's easier to share and collaborate with other students/colleagues

What do you dislike?

An app instead of website would function better for studying on the go.

Easier to collaborate without meeting in person

Learning about StudyStack?

* We monitor all StudyStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories