SolidWorks Product Designer Reviews & Product Details

SolidWorks Product Designer Overview

What is SolidWorks Product Designer?

For organizations that want the ease of use of SOLIDWORKS software in their design tool coupled with the advantage of the cloud for data management and team collaboration, SOLIDWORKS Product Designer delivers. Scale as your business grows using the full power of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform

SolidWorks Product Designer Details

$3,427
@Dassault3DS
16,956 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Dassault Systemes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations.

Answer a few questions to help the SolidWorks Product Designer community
Have you used SolidWorks Product Designer before?

SolidWorks Product Designer Reviews

Showing 25 SolidWorks Product Designer reviews
Already have SolidWorks Product Designer?
Mechanical Engineer
What do you like best?

As all the users even am using solidworks mainly for sheet meatl designing, It really eased my designing works. I was a person who shifted from CATIA to solid works, So i can really feel the difference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it's epitome in sheet metal designing it's not much perfect same with surface modelling and part design, This i from my perspective and out of my experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a second thought proceed with Solidworks, Can create wonder... Happy designing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Am doing sheet metal designing and doing research on that, I should say this software really helped me out, As i was a person without much experience in designing i didn't find much difficulties in grasping the concepts and techniques Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Engineer
What do you like best?

The highlight is sheet metal design, Solidworks made sheet metal designing so easy that it's really fun working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Surface modelling is really back breaking as it is no way near to user friendly or gives the all basic commands. Still one can find solace in that until he works with CATIA, Then the story is different Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for to do sheet metal design, Go for it and explore the software, You won't regret selecting this amazing tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I personally used Solid works initially for sheet metal designing during my training days, To be more specific i did sheet metal for aircraft fuselage, which was real fun and challenging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Solidwork have N number of features some of them which I like most is its assembly making. You don't require any other file to combine with other parts. Solidwork is user friendly and tools are easy to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no such things which I dislike but sometimes combining the parts can lead to difficulty in reframing them. For that, we need to open parts file separately and then insert them again into the assembly file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to be accurate and do the modelling easy and fast then you should prefer solidwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using solidwork I makes modelling part easy and some time for small part I perform analysis test also. It is somewhat accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Architect
What do you like best?

Once you know all the laws behind draw with this product, you'll love It.

The use of the program Is Easy, for me the difficultà was to change my state of mind to project (i came from 10 + years of using AutoCAD) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the part of the Grafica layout, it's a Little bit bad. Infact usually i had to export the layouts and made them more endearing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i've used SW to project furniture and male technical drawings for production, as said before previous i've used AutoCAD. Project in 3d Is much Better, you can prevent a lot of problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

More intuitive to use than other programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some advanced features are tricky to use or can cause unexpected results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Modeling of custom parts and 3D components for circuit boards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interior Designer
Retail
What do you like best?

The commands and tools available are folded very well to the needs of the user opting for very well achieved results in acceptable production times that allow me to focus on the quality of the product and design to execute a 3d model in a fast and functional way that I can then link the file developed with other complementary software to get the most out of the result which undoubtedly is a great benefit for my area of ​​work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The working interface is still very simple, not very dynamic and unattractive for experienced users in the area of ​​design and production of 3d models, it is limited to a professional scope in the automation of tools in 3d modeling, functions and dynamic mechanical options they also have their limitations and in some cases it will be necessary to access other software to supply those functional deficiencies of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An alternative design software with wide functionality to favor design and 3d work with ease and simple design options, it is advisable to have complementary software to increase your professional capacity and appearance in results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For the design of products and furniture with simple pieces and joints I use the software for its ease of execution and export of the file to other complementary software, with this 3d work method I save a lot of production time and allows me to concentrate on the design decisions more relevant since I do not invest so much time in the 2d and 3d of the product designed and if I invest more in its appearance and functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

solid workers is easy to design Sheet metal parts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

yes I like 3D part modelling is also easy to create or design Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its UI Is best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Surface design is little bit tougher I think Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Engineering Manager
What do you like best?

Solidworks is very intuitive easy to use the software. I used SolidWorks when I had to come up with new products. Therefore having to design 3d images on the fly and constantly changing them was a requirement. Luckily, Solidworks never disappoints me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably because this was my first 3d software to learn, I really can not say anything negative about the software. i wish I learned more about parametric designs. I hear that SolidEdge is a better option for that feature. Sometimes the assemblies crash for no good reason and a complete rebuild is required which can take time, but other than that it is a great program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel that Solidworks is very intuitive and easy to use. After Solidworks, I had to work with SolidEdge and found it not as intuitive. If you want to skip second and third prototyping having a good 3d software as Solidworks helps. If you want to design product lines which are cost effective and innovative using Solidworks is a must. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While working on a large project with a very important demanding client I was able to create 3d models quickly and present them to the customer on a weekly basis. Thanks to the rapid 3d prototyping we were able to secure the multy million job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Docente de Postgrado
What do you like best?

It has allowed to improve the design of our products: to be able to verify in the simulation phase its characteristics and operation; and in this way we have had the faculty to improve the original design if necessary. In addition, Solidworks Product Designer has optimized the design time since the components of the product learn their configuration if they are used in other assemblies (thus employing less time- men in the days of work) making our organization more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certainly since Solidworks Product Designer began to be used, it has favored fulfilling the goals established in the organization. Of course, we have detected failures, but we must recognize that they have been faults raised in the preliminary design phase, that is, human errors in our work group; However, Solidworks Product Designer has allowed us to apply the respective corrections on time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those organizations with high quality standards, where their designs require high levels of precision we recommend Solidworks Product Designer. And also in those work centers where they want to improve their productivity we suggest the use of Solidworks Product Designer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the use of Solidworks Product Designer we have systematized and modernized our design techniques. It has allowed us to significantly improve the quality of our products; satisfying our customers in this way. So Solidworks Product Designer has favored the demand of our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Engineer
What do you like best?

Solidworks lets you sketch without any hassle. I remember using Pro-E (now PTC Creo) and I had to choose a sketch plane and a reference axis or 2. With Solidworks, it's sketch on any planes you want. Dimensioning the sketches and boss extruding, etc are very quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it crashes a lot. We use Solidworks 2017 a lot and there are at least 5 system crashes a day. This is very inconvenient due to loss of work. Trying to save it every 5 minutes is a hassle because you're in the zone of working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's fairly easy and simple. It is good for small to medium sized assemblies, for something like aircraft and vehicles and their analysis, that's when something like Catia would come in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting imagination ideas into the Software and then 3D printing it for what the product would look like before we invest more time. You can have an idea what certain hole features, chamfers, etc would look like too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinador de desarrollo de proyectos
What do you like best?

What I like most about this product is that we can generate new projects in an effective and comfortable way. It also allows me to save a lot of money since I can perform the necessary simulations to clarify and verify possible design errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general it is sometimes a little difficult to manipulate due to the large number of tools that it has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good tool that brings many benefits and helps us save a lot of money due to its simulation system. It is highly recommended for companies with large projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped me a lot in the creation of new projects to generate large projects within the company. It has also helped me a lot for the simulation of parts that fulfill various functions within the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Operations Manager
Information Services
What do you like best?

SolidWorks is a product with very solid and robust features that allows us to design everything we imagine. The quality of the design is the best quality because everything is based on the reality with which we use the tools. We make all our mechanical designs considering the possible errors in the assembly and the cost of manufacturing the parts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I consider that SolidWorks does not have errors. If there is a problem at the time of the manufacture of the pieces, it is due to some type of error in the design. With SolidWorks it is impossible to obtain manufacturing errors because it is a product whose designs are based on reality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

honestly I recommend it with complete security because it is a product with very solid features and that adapts to all design requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since the arrival of SolidWorks Product Designer we have designed a large number of pieces due to its excellent integration. Based on our increase in ROI since the implementation of SolidWorks, I consider that I improve all aspects of designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employer Relations Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

One of the best features of this product is that I can create anything I want. I used it specifically for a class I took and it was a very easy software to navigate once you got the hang of it. The features come natural. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I disliked about this software was the processing power it needed from a computer. Another thing I disliked was the incompatibility with macOS. I think the developers should also focus on working on a compatible macOS program so users don't have to download a separate operating system on their computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you watch tutorials or take a class if you have never worked with this product before. It really helps you grasp the concepts of the software so that you can work with it use it to the fullest extent and really make magic happen with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn't really solve business problems while using this software, however, I did learn about real world applicability. Some of the things you could use this software for in the real world are CAD designs. This is an essential software for product and development engineers in the mechanical and computer engineering fields. Some of the benefits were the ability to streamline the engineering design process. It made it so you could go back and make simple or complex changes to your design without having to start over the design completely. It was very helpful whenever I made mistakes. It was helpful to be able to go back and make these small changes without worrying about starting all over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

the best this about this software is that we can design the 3D images and it is easier to work with than AUTOCAT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the bad part of this product, it really expensive and it crashes alot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bascally, I use solidworks software to design the different medical product or device for 3D printing like bone screws for different projects and I able to 3D print it with all the minor details Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Learning curve. Easy troubleshooting. Wealth of knowledge online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I’ve have been the most satisfied with this CAD software compared to other competitor software I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can design and iterate products quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

SolidWorks in general is very professional and easy to use in comparison with other designing programs mainly because of the user interface and the flexibility that the software offers. I can go back and change features or dimensions any time and I have many ways to come back like for instance I can choose to go to my sub assembly that I want to change just by looking it in the tree or just by clicking it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the price because it is very expensive and depending on which company are you working for, it can actually be an issue and probably the MD is not going to choose it even though I believe that SolidWorks is one of the best you can get for designing your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try and save your work as you go along because while I was designing my dissertation, the first project was unsaved and because of the laptop's battery went dead, the project was just gone and I had to do it all over again from scratch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product design and afterwards it can go for a 3D printing, test the prototype, analyse the data and go for mass production without having any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

You draft/design the part in a timely manner. Then in my case, specifically, I extract the DXF file for inspection and quality purposes. I would say that this software is the most powerful on in the market for the manufacturing and production. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike technically. The only thing that sometimes bothers, is that we have limited user access to the software as it is expensive for our company to have more than 5 users. So that, some users may need to close it to give access to the others in case of need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a powerful software that made our manufacturing experience so amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The whole manufacturing and production process is much faster and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

SW has a very robust platform in which assemblies can be built and managed. I specifically like tolerance inspection feature in which the entire assembly can be audited and errors can be revised Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To build small parts with detailed axis and datums. I prefer ProE for smaller parts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for large assemblies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Large assemblies can be imported as small files to ensure faster render time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Solid works products designer has a very user friendly interface for analyzation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customizations are not always available for specific product lines or specifications, which means tedious manual inputs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to reach out to their IT help team, incredibly helpful advice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SolidWorks Product Designer takes the tedious tendencies out of creating models and 3-D printing projects, making life easier for all designers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Powerful but very intuitive, easy to use and easy to learn. It is widely used in the industry. It helps you check weak points and safety issues. It allows you to quickly turn your ideas and concept sketches to 3D models to be able to build prototypes.

SOLIDWORKS Product Designer allows design engineer to quickly innovate, create and collaborate their ideas while complementing the existing SOLIDWORKS toolset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were a few small bugs with mates causing assemblies overdefined when they were not. There were a few crashed but that might be related to poor hardware used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safer, more efficient and most cost effective designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy of use and easy workflow. It is very early for someone to learn get adapted to. Especially the configuration module. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many pop up

Menus. May be the user interface could’ve been more simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Is a lighter software with many customizations available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The many functions that SolidWorks allows to design a variety of shapes, designs and dimensions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get confusing with the many tools and options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is possible to combine separate drawings to display an design as an entire system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

Solidworks is used universally by all mechanical designers. By using Solidworks, I know that when I interact with vendors, they are able to view my files when I send them off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find solidworks is not that great for creating part drawings and also it was hard to setup shortcuts. I enjoyed the NX7.5 user experience a lot more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to build ,my prototype using solidworks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

good layout with the buttons and menus in , intuitive, easy to use format. not only this but there are also helpful keyboard shortcuts to go with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the graphics are not well made/ varied enough, or easy to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

creating geometry to model heat flow in pipes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP
What do you like best?

It allows for quick and seamless editing of forms, fillets and sizes in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating organic forms can be rather challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General and everyday product modeling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.