Showbie Reviews & Product Details

Showbie Overview

What is Showbie?

Showbie combines all of the essential tools for assignments, feedback, and communication in one easy-to-use platform. No matter which devices you're using (from desktop and tablet, to mobile), Showbie works for you whether you're in the classroom or remote learning. Showbie can be set up in minutes. This means less time spent struggling with your tech setup and more time for teaching and learning. Teachers can find everything they need right at their fingertips to organize their classrooms and connect with students. In Showbie, work is never lost or misplaced, and students always stay productive with due date and assignment notifications. Showbie integrates seamlessly with the apps students and teachers are already using, allowing them to assemble, curate, and share all of their creative work in one place.

Showbie Details
Arabic, Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

Showbie provides all the essentials for classroom engagement including assignment, feedback, and communication into one platform.

Showbie
Alberta, Canada
@Showbie

Answer a few questions to help the Showbie community
Have you used Showbie before?

Showbie Reviews

Showing 24 Showbie reviews
Already have Showbie?
Teacher
What do you like best?

Showbie is an excellent tool to make sure that students know when to complete their assignments during the designated time limit. It allows them to stay punctual with their assignments and remain focused with the current subject at hand. Showbie gives out notifications at different times of the day to remind you of an upcoming assignment due date, these can be customized to the student's liking. I can send out assignments and let Showbie do all of the announcing for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A great addition would be the ability to attach certain images or documents to the assignment created. It would make things much smoother as I do not have to create or find links for the resources needed to complete the work assigned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I consider Showbie to be a reminder application for students to keep themselves organized with the work they need to complete. The daily reminders will definitely help your students, even though they may find them annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My students have showed less tardiness with their work and their overall performance has increased. They have told me that they are able to spend more time working as they are reminded early in the day to complete their assignments. Some have said that they have forgotten there was an assignment in the first place and would not complete it if it weren't for the reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

-The online version and the app are basically identical, so students don't have any trouble switching back and forth. This makes it easy for students to complete smaller tasks at home, even without a tablet.

-Evaluate student work right in the app (online or device) for instant feedback, and you can even assign a grade.

-Use the assignment folders to easily organize your classroom work into "project" or "unit" folders.

-The Shared Folder inside each assignment folder is a fantastic way to send files to all students at once (PDF, .mov, .jpg, etc.).

-Parents are able to access students' accounts, and with the way the folders are organized, Showbie can be used as a "portfolio" to demonstrate student learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't use the pen/markup tool in the online version. That's it...everything else is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the Pro version. It is 100% worth it. If you don't, you won't be able to get the most out of Showbie (upload limits, and restrictions on the number of assignments/classes/folders, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have started using Showbie groups and other features to collaborate with colleagues both in my building and outside of my building. We can have discussions, and share resources with one another. I have also started using Showbie to collaborate on projects between classrooms in the building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for your review, Jordan! In regards to the pen tool for our web app, I can tell you that our development team is hard at work to make this happen very soon. I will put you on the notification list once this feature is available.

Teacher and responsible EdTech
What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use platform, our students start using it at the age of 5. Teachers can post links, exercises, PDFs, etc in folders and add submit dates. Assignments can be closed until a certain day. Students can upload all their work, which the teacher can they copy to the shared folder.

Both our teachers and students love the annotation function and the voice notes. It is used daily by all our teachers and students.

It is now also possible to change the order of assignments, which is a very big advantage.

We use Showbie (and also the class discussion) for Flipped Classroom and Blended Learning.

The support is amazing and very quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. We wanted to be able to change the order of the assignments, and Showbie listened to us and added that feature. I feel the creators really listen to what we want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a school, GO FOR IT! It is absolutely the best and easiest solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the basis of the 1:1 iPad programme at our school. All students use it to upload their work and the teachers use it to share resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Showbie has revolutionized the way I collect and assess work, in particular oral assessments (I am a modern language teacher). Showbie's seamless integration of an enormous variety of file types (including recordable or upload-able audio files!) make conversation assessment a breeze!

In addition to the audio capabilities, Showbie is quick and light which makes it a perfect app for collecting daily assignments. Providing feedback to students directly on the assignment is super easy and so fast! Tons of teachers at my school use Showbie now and all of us love it!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not paying for it personally but if I had to I would need to budget for it since it's best features are not free (however the free version is still great!). There are a few minor technical functions that are not yet available on Showbie (ie., copy multiple assignments into other classes) but their tech team is SUPER responsive and will consider any function that you suggest! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free version! You'll LOVE it!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Showbie provides an easy and fast way to collect daily assignments from students that otherwise would clog up my inbox or become a massive stack of papers on my desk. It has given me back tons of class time since now I don't have to spend class time listening to individual oral assessments - we can do them all at the same time and record to Showbie so I can listen and assess later! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Showbie allows me to share video easily! I am a keen advocate of the flipped classroom model and needed a platform that would allow me to share videos and organise them into subfolders matching my lesson titles. The deadlines I could set and the option of when to make a folder visible to my students meant I could plan ahead and make my flipped videos well in advance. I simply saved them to Showbie knowing they would go live at the right time for my students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Students can reach me via Showbie whenever they need support. I have had to set firm boundaries in class so they know they will not get an immediate response and should plan their work in advance so they aren’t messaging me via Showbie the night before their work is due! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the posibilities Showbie opens up to your students by trying the basic account option first. Then look into the money and time you can save by implementing the full Pro licence once you have seen its usefulness for your own setting. Paperless classrooms are a real possibility and resources remain available to students throughout their course, fantastic for revision! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Showbie to share files, videos, sound files and classroom tasks with my students. I find it an absolutely indispensable tool for differentiating in my classroom allowing me to set personalised learning for my students. I am able to support my students outside of the classroom offering them extra instruction as needed. It is a great way to share introductory videos as part of the flipped learning model as well as recording their performances to assess and track their pronunciation and intonation in the foreign language we are studying. The ability to feedback to students and download their grades into my mark book make it very a useful and timesaving tool. The range of file types that can be shared with students mean that it is my go to tool for sharing documents either via desktop PC or iPad. Showbie saves me time and money on photocopying and sharing video and interactive materials is effortless. I had an issue with account set up for someone changing school and the Showbie team were extremely helpful and set the member of staff up for me immediately. Highly recommended! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, effective, efficient and reliable.

I cannot praise the Showbie team enough for connecting with their customers, listening to our ideas and updating Showbie with new features whenever possible.

I love that I can use Showbie for every lesson in my classroom, for storing/sharing documents as a Senior Leader and as a communication tool with the parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It may seem expensive to have the Pro version but the uses are endless and therefore the cost:benefit ratio makes it worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find someone who already uses it well to make sure you get the best out of it. It can do so much! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resources/work can be easily and reliably stored/shared by both children and adults. It supports a wide range of apps which makes workflow seamless in the classroom.

Children, teachers, support staff, breakfast club, after school club, governors and parents can all use Showbie with ease. It really is a whole school community tool!

It can be used with any device which means it is accessible for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Instructional Coach
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I love that Showbie is a simple to use tool. It has a clean and efficient look that allows for easy accessibility for all students. Showbie is a great tool for students to submit work paperlessly and allows for teachers to give quick and timely feedback on assignments. Showbie also allows for editing of work and app smashing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the tool you need for students to transform their learning! Showbie allows for continuous feedback and drafting of work and is also compatible with many other apps such as Explain Everything and Book Creator! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Showbie in our learning environment to service teachers using Showbie Groups! We can post resources and how tos and teachers can easily access materials and then transfer them to their classroom assignments! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ADE
Consumer Electronics
What do you like best?

Showbie is my go to for sending, receiving and annotating work. The app is incredibly smooth and very steady and the students and staff in school can use it intuitively without any problems. I have always found the support staff receptive and keen to hear our the product could be improved further. If I could only have one app this would probably be it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the minute I’m incredibly happy the only drawback was rectified in the last update which allowed posts to be rearranged. Now looking forward to a highlighting tool (hopefully!). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please give it a go on the trial version which is free to see the benefits. You won’t be let down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of sending work and resources to students that they then have at their disposal at any time via the app or website. Saving me a fortune in photocopying and also quicker.

The voice feedback is a superb tool to actually have students hearing advice. I have also been using it for them to communicate their ideas and learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for the review, Paul! I can confirm that a highlighter annotation tool is in the works! Our development team is working hard on this feature to be released soon, so I've put you on our notification list once the feature is available.

What do you like best?

Easy to use for younger students in 1st grade and above; excellent way to share assignments, documents, videos, links, and pictures with students in the classroom; Super easy for students to share their completed assignments and get quick feedback from the teacher; the free version provides SO many of the necessary features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Showbie. It's a great app and they are always making improvements and getting teacher input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's an amazing workflow app for the 1:1 classroom. I can't imagine teaching without it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Coach
Education Management
What do you like best?

Showbie is a real game changer when it comes to a workflow platform. Not only can students easily submits lots of digital content, you, the teacher can record voice notes for formative feedback, send personalized messages or engage in class discussions. Showbie is EASY to use and I will always be a fan! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. If you have an issue with Showbie features, get in touch with the company. They are SUPER responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved task completion and student engagement. Teacher report high ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Instructional Technology
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

Showbie seamlessly integrates with all other iPad apps in terms of sharing / transferring content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more control on the administrator's side of things to ensure students had their notification enabled and that teachers had certain settings on by default Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideal for a 1:1 iPad environment, although the web-based platform improves every day and is a nice bonus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have increased workflow insofar as disseminating information to a large number of students and parents. We have also cut paper costs, specifically by eliminating triplicate forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for the review, April! I'll forward your comment to our dev team regarding the admin dashboard tool. I'll reach out to you to get more details!

What do you like best?

Organization, easy to use for me and my students, connection with parents,. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I dislike about Showbie. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Showbie everyday in my classroom. It so easy for me and my 1st Graders to use. It keeps all of our paperwork organized and in one place. No more papers everywhere. I can grade and leave voice comments also. Parents can connect to their child’s portfolio to see their grades papers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Showbie allows work to be set and mark with ease. Work can be marked whenever you please, and students can act on that feedback instantly, without having to wait for traditional hand in dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasional crashes, but the Showbie team act on any problems reported very swiftly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to set and mark work without needless printing and collecting of reams of paper. This allows speedier marking and instant feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best Class Managament App EVER! I use it as a digital notebook. In addition, I use it to deliver accommodations to my home bound, ESOL, and resource students. Showbie ROCKS! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Even when there are issues, Showbie tech are quick to find solutions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely worth the money to purchase and use Showbie! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Make managing assignments, feedback to students, and even parent communication seem less and easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simplicity and reliability is at the core of Showbie success. Children have very quickly adapted to using it daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely cannot think of anything significant. A print all documents in an assignment button would be life changing though! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our paper consumption has halved.this is a saving of 2500 sheets across the whole school every week! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for the review, Martin! I will contact you shortly regarding the print feature you mentioned, just so that I can send all the details to our development team.

Owner / Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

You can easily share info between students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as visual as I’d like, a gallery of photographs, or items that I want students to see more clearly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The paperless aspect is great. Upload, share, annotate and adapt projects between teacher and student easily and without any ‘fuss’. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for the review, Mike! I will contact you shortly regarding your comment about the visual aspect of Showbie / assignments, so that I can get more details to forward to our development team.

Government Administration
What do you like best?

Great experience. Showbie just keeps getting better! Easy upload and student editing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Typing text needs easier manipulation so students can place answers in correct spot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with one subject and then move from there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease for marking at school. Less printing. Can share videos easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dean of Studies
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

Personalisation possibilities and the ability to provide formative feedback in so many different ways within one app. Showbie team is very supportive and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high for a big school, but the value to teachers and students makes it absolutely worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

iTunes U is our delivery tool for all secondary curriculum and Showbie is our collection, feedback, differentiation, and grading tool. It also provides a private space to share with only our parents and students. It is not public. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I prefer it over Google Classroom because of the annotating feature. Being able to write on student work helps so much! It's much more awkward to have them click through notes on Google Classroom or TurnItIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The premium version is pricey, so that's frustrating. Without the premium features, you can't leave a grade in the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to your campus about the cost - we can use it, but we're stuck with the free version since Google Classroom is free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great for turning in work electronically, especially since it doesn't fill up Google Drive. I hate having piles of folders with student work that I don't need anymore but can't delete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease with which I can distribute materials to students and give feedback without visiting the photocopier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could group students within a class rather than using the groups function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is challenging for some to learn but all appreciate the time saving benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our paper costs have gone down significantly and staff do not have to focus on clerical tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for your review! I will pass along your comments about grouping students within a class to our dev team.

AE
What do you like best?

The audio feedback and the interaction with students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inwoukd like to archieve all the content to my computer in bulk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of you want to work paperless and you Will provide feedback. Showbie is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have much more interaction with the students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alyssa Dubue of Showbie

Thanks for your review! I've pass along your comments about archiving content in bulk to our dev team.

UE
What do you like best?

user-friendly, help desk very responsive, adapted to customer's need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing, our students just love it :-), the team is always ready to stick to customer needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

personalised learning, students interactions in class discussion, centralising and analysing data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

My students can gain access to my digital classroom with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not have as many features as Google Classroom, which is what most students at my school are familiar with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is more user friendly for lower elementary students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Classroom Organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the online turn-in system for Showbie. In a classroom where students have iPads, they can easily submit their work! And I love the feedback tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I may be old-school, but I do love writing physically on papers for final drafts... I like saving paper with showbie for rough drafts though! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Students also are learning how to give constructive feedback to each other via showbie! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.