ProWritingAid

ProWritingAid is a world-class editing app that is an essential part of any writers toolbox.

Work for ProWritingAid?

Learning about ProWritingAid?

ProWritingAid Reviews

Showing 19 ProWritingAid reviews
ProWritingAid review by Noah C.
Noah C.

"The smart assistant that speeds us my writing"

What do you like best?

ProWritingAid's versatility is one of the best things about it. It can integrate with many common writing platforms, including the ones I normally use like Microsoft Word and the Chrome web browser. The way ProWritingAid overlays over text makes it a smooth tool that doesn't interfere with my usual writing process. It actually performs many checks that I would normally do on a third-party dictionary, thesaurus or writing reference website.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like there are too many suggestions, many of which wouldn't make much of a difference. Overall, it's not that big of a problem, but it would be great if we could customize the amount and types of suggestions we're given in a more precise way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it might take some people time to get used to using ProWritingAid, but using it at least every now and then can make you a much more open-minded writer. From a basic standpoint, it'll just make accessing writing resources much simpler.

Though I initially thought it would make me more of a lazy writer, it actually has made me more in tuned with a wider variety of word choices and writing styles. I can also spend less time pouring over punctuation errors that can do serious damage to my professional credibility. Also, it's so versatile that I can even use it now for this review.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ProWritingAid
ProWritingAid review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Perfect for Writing Revision"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about this is there is a free version that my students can use at school. I want a tool that sudents can have and use as they move through high school and on to college writing. It is time consuming for me to read their writing at such a close level, and they are not yet adept enough at writing to do it for each other. I like the wummary reports that you get on a piece of writing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features only work with the paid version, which can be a disappointment if the feature that you want is only part of the paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if the trial version will work for you because overall it has a lot of great features that you can only get with other paid services. You may be able to use the free version and that would be enough for you.

So many students do not know what good writing looks like or how to make their writing better. This tool helps students look at their writing with a critical eye and see what they need to improve. This allows students to get a handle on their own wiritng and how they can make their own writing better.

What AI Writing Assistant solution do you use?

ProWritingAid review by Mohit K.
Mohit K.

"A report for my writings"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, just have to paste content in the Web Editor. It provides the insights of content written in the pages. Could easily find and use the synonyms and reduce the duplication. A complete gist or summary of the content is provided. And we could separate a variety of error by their types, good for improving English. Provides detailed knowledge about what to use and why to use.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if price of premium plan would be lesser. It could be good if more options are provide in trial version like plagiarism. Overall it is very nice product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, very nice tool. Will surely help in reducing errors, redundancy and improving your English.

It's helpful in checking errors in daily updates about tasks performed during the day. Heps in improving English and checking typing errors.

ProWritingAid review by Dept S.
Dept S.

"Advanced proofreading suite, but with some caveats "

What do you like best?

We do a lot of typing and document generation, so we really need something that works seamlessly and does the job efficiently. We tried this one, it's a pretty advanced proofreading platform with lots of features. It's feature-rich and you can select the type of document you're processing to help choose the right style and recommendations for you. There's also rich compatibility.

What do you dislike?

We regularly choose academic, but the suggestions I'm getting are not really the perfect fit for an academic setting, well, sometimes they are, but some few times they are not. Also, it sometimes give an advice or recommendation but no suggested edited text which makes your work bit harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the evaluation first to see if it fits your needs

Proofreading

ProWritingAid review by Linda G.
Linda G.

"Runs right next to my typing and helps me edit quickly"

What do you like best?

It's awesome that ProWritingAid works in a such a seamless way when I'm typing in my text editor or web browser. The editing suggestions are usually very good and make sense with what I'm writing. The interface is intuitive and doesn't bother me when I type. I was able to start using ProWritingAid in very little time and never really had any problems with its technical performance.

What do you dislike?

I need an internet connection in order to access its online suggestion database. The for the premium version I use is more than a different writing assistant tool I was considering. Overall though, I don't have too many bad things to say about ProWritingAid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ProWritingAid is a superb writing tool that I'd recommend, especially to those that do copywriting or lots of business writing. I can help oversee many aspects of your writing to help maintain a professional tone and structure.

ProWritingAid has made me a more efficient writer, especially when it comes to specialized business writing. It can offer suggestions about writing styles and helps me to maintain a professional tone that I natural might sway from when I write unassisted. ProWritingAid helps me with standard spelling corrections and for looking up alternative words. When I start to write now, I can focus more on putting general ideas on the page and letting ProWritingAid help to fill in the blanks. I can write much faster that way.

ProWritingAid review by Bade M.
Bade M.

"A writing assistant that works"

What do you like best?

ProWritingAid helps you with the editing and proofreading of your text and content. It is easy to use. It also analyzes your work and provides a detailed report based on its findings to help improve the quality of your writeup. Its reports are more often than not accurate. It is a trusted tool

What do you dislike?

I don't think there are any obvious downsides to ProWritingAid. It is easy to use. It has extensive features and it can be integrated with a lot of other platforms. It is at the peak of writing assitance platforms

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ProWritingAid has amazing features you would really love. If you are looking for the ideal writing tool, try ProWritingAid

With ProWritingAid, it has become possible to edit my work and improve my writing skills. I use other proofreading and editing tools as well, but the reporting of ProWritingAid is one thing I find very useful.

ProWritingAid review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Some great features but lacks in accuracy"

What do you like best?

The amount of things it catches is incredible: cliches, excessive repetition, readability, structure, and on and on. The web portal has so many features it's incredible and they are all useful. The AI really seems like the future of editing (which make put me out of business). I want so badly to like this more, but the software just isn't up to par.

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, most of the features are not accurate. For example, it caught "everyone" for repetition and asked to change it to "people," which would have made the sentence grammatically incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. There is definitely an audience for this and this has features for everyone; but if you're expecting the AI to write it for you, connect with a real editor instead.

This catches typos but it also flags too much. It's most useful when writing emails or other semi-formal communication. I signed up to use it for client work, but it just is not the right tool for the job.

ProWritingAid review by Leslie R.
Leslie R.

"Grammar checking software for high quality articles"

What do you like best?

The software is very user-friendly regardless of whether one is a newbie or pro, Its compatibility with other software like GoogleDocs and Scrivener enhances its convenience. An added advantage is the honest feedback from the software

What do you dislike?

The software is a bit pricey for its range and may suggest unnecessary changes at times. There's also little customer response in case you run into errors

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very affordable.The user interface is very attractive; it makes correcting documents easy on the eyes and less confusing. The suggestions for corrections are helpful and accurate. It is user friendly.

Quick editing and accurate output of the input data on a modest budget. It has free options and an affordable upgrade choice. It catches mistakes in my documents and gives me the solution or suggestion for a correct fix.

ProWritingAid review by Julio César G.
Julio César G.

"Great tool to get the correct grammar and edit all your texts"

What do you like best?

It is a platform that has great tools to edit texts, make grammatical corrections, and even plagiarism tests can be done, which makes it one of the most complete and powerful tools. It integrates very well with Google Chrome through an extension, Office, among others. You can create word clouds, have access to the synonyms dictionary, word explorer, eliminate spelling mistakes, and also help you improve your writing style

What do you dislike?

I would like you to have a mobile application very useful the truth

I used the platform to edit articles on topics that I did not have more knowledge about and make sure they had the correct grammatical structure, with this and a very good research I managed to make publications that were well received by my bosses, colleagues and general public.

ProWritingAid review by Joel N.
Joel N.

"Came over from Grammarly"

What do you like best?

I like the deep analysis of my writing that ProWrting Aid offers. If you can find a coupon on line, you can get great deals on ProWriting Aid.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky, but it is functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest using the free version for awhile, and keep an eye out for special offers. ProWriting Aid offers great deals from time to time.

I write a weekly blog, and use ProWriting Aid to clean up my writing before posting.

ProWritingAid review by User

"Pro Writing Aid makes grammar checks easier. "

What do you like best?

I like the grammar and editorial aspects of Pro Writing Aid the best. There are plenty of spell checking services I can use, but they don't always give me suggestions for readability.

What do you dislike?

Like with any editing software, it's not completely accurate. There are still complex grammatical structures that Pro Writing Aid doesn't understand. If you don't already have a good understanding of grammar, then I wouldn't completely rely on the suggestions that Pro Writing Aid gives you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, but always make sure to read your material out loud after making changes to be sure that Pro Writing Aid has made a logical suggestion. No software can take the place of a human editor, but it can make your editor's life a lot easier when you're not giving them content that is full of basic errors.

It saves our editors time when the writers can correct the obvious mistakes first. It also helps me as a writer to learn about the kind of mistakes I'm making often so that I can fix them faster in the future.

ProWritingAid review by Daniel I.
Daniel I.

"Greater Heights in Writing with ProWritingAid"

What do you like best?

ProWritingAid is more like a 3-in 1 tool. Checks your writing grammar, moderates your style and also provides an excellent guide through. Citation and Plagiarism check is eeffective too

What do you dislike?

Wish the premium plan can get a little cheaper

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WritingProAid is a saver. Best for merging those various ideas to an exceptional writing

I have become a better writer with ProWritingAid. Could rate my essay with top writers worldwide.

ProWritingAid review by User in Research
User in Research

"Avid writer's dream"

What do you like best?

I'm always so impressed with what ProWritingAid is able to catch. Microsoft Word does well with passive tense, but ProWritingAid has helped me catch everything from cliches to how easy something is too read. Instead of having dozens of friends and coworkers read my work, I've cut it down to one and ProWritingAid.

What do you dislike?

I have the chrome extension, and sometimes it's slow to process my writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install the chrome extension for sure!

ProWritingAid is THE writing checker to use. I encourage my coworkers and fellow writers to also use the service to help with our content consistency.

ProWritingAid review by User

"Great alternative to Grammarly"

What do you like best?

It edits grammar. It is not right every time and makes a few frustrating mistakes when it provides suggested edits but overall it does a great job helping you write more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Its algorithms don't seem to understand all syntax and sentence structure. I do not pay for it, so it's possible that if you pay you receive a better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a good alternative to Grammarly. Has all the same functionality but seems to have fewer issues.

Helping me write better emails.

ProWritingAid review by User in Marketing and Advertising

" Make your content wrote close to perfection"

What do you like best?

Several features

Easy to use

Will help to improve any written article, even the ones made from professional copywriters

What do you dislike?

Multiple language support feature will help to reach more users

Wordpress plug in feature will be awesome!

As English is not my native language, It always help me to improve my articles creaated for my blog

ProWritingAid review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Incredible Software. Best in its Class"

What do you like best?

ProWriting Aid has many great features, and it’s constantly improving. I love its readability analysis, spelling, and grammar checker. In fact, I like ProWriting Aid analysis more than I liked Grammarly’s.

What do you dislike?

I wish ProWriting Aid would provide a Microsoft Office add-on for Mac users. They have an add-on for Windows users.

ProWriting Aid is my favorite writing tool. I love Prowriting Aid so much that I used it as my main editing tool when I wrote a 400+ page book.

ProWritingAid review by User

"Be a Better Writer with ProWritingAid"

What do you like best?

Major requirements for professional writing are available on ProWritingAid. Including plagiarism check as a side attraction. Beginners tour is available for new users to understand how it works and how to use it. Recommend great sentence ideas too

What do you dislike?

The premium plan can make you want to abscond. But aside the cost, it is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Others Considering it will have no reason to regret it.

Business writings are usually written at a go. No setback with it.

ProWritingAid review by Agency
Agency

"ProwritingAid is awesome to useu"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to deploy this software to the email server of my company. It helps to share and supports love edit of documents and pdfs on a per-bulk scale.

What do you dislike?

I noticed that I can't see what my other team users whom equally have shared privileges, unless they connect with me via the messaging toolt

I use this software to better become proficient in my day to day manuscript Proof-editing.

ProWritingAid review by User

"good for double checking your grammar "

What do you like best?

its easy and quick to see your mistakes

What do you dislike?

for me, it seems to only work in word docs so I will copy and paste if needed

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its a good software to have as a way to check your work. I feel more confident after it has been checked with the software.

It is solving and benefiting by correcting emails or text before posting or sending.

Learning about ProWritingAid?

* We monitor all ProWritingAid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.