PrivateVPN

Work for PrivateVPN?

Learning about PrivateVPN?

PrivateVPN Reviews

Showing 17 PrivateVPN reviews
PrivateVPN review by Sajal S.
Sajal S.

"PrivateVPN review"

What do you like best?

This VPN is very good to hide your identity. It has so many servers here. Also their price is low to become a pro member here. Their customer service is also very good. They were also available to me anytime when I needed them. Their all is also full of features and functions.

What do you dislike?

Everything here is fine but sometimes VPN automatically disconnects and didn't even connect too fast. I also reported it's company but there was no reply from them so now I'm not using it.

Really it was a great time with this software and it was fulfilling my every need. But I've stopped using it due to not getting proper results of it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"my PrivateVPN review"

What do you like best?

PrivateVPN is the fastest growing VPN network in the world. I liked it because it's fast, and did not cause any data overhead and speed lag at all. It's also secure and I had been used to know that I could trust my internet connection through Privatevpn.

What do you dislike?

Pricing! That's pretty much the only thing I can say is not appealing about private VPN. I usually would buy it every month and did not do the 3-month or 12 month subscription during the time I was using it. And other VPN providers give you a cheaper per-month pricing than VPN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest bringing the pricing down a little bit and then they can appeal to a larger market of users.

I used the VPN to get around the monitored network we had at work and basically access "censored" websites and data (which were censored for no real reason other than purely work-related matters). With the VPN, I could access pretty much every website that I often used to browse to collect data from restricted sources for my work.

What Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution do you use?

PrivateVPN review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great price for VPN service and what it offers"

What do you like best?

Private VPN has one of the lowest prices on the market for VPN services, making it very attractive. Unlike some of it's competitors, all of it's payment options, whether monthly or yearly offers the same tiered services. Able to add up to five devices on the same account is, again, amazing for the price. A large number of servers are offered.

What do you dislike?

Does not offer a free trial, which is understandable considering it's low price, however it would still be more attractive for a user to have a trial period for a VPN before purchasing. While it's a great produce, there are some free alternatives out there depending on what you are using the VPN for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those requiring the security or basic needs of a VPN, PrivateVPN offers a great service at an extremely low cost. However, for streaming services or in restricted areas, this is not the best product.

Being able to access information that are otherwise restricted in the area that I am located. Providing extra security measures for sensitive information on the company computers.

PrivateVPN review by Komal J.
Komal J.

"PrivateVPN review"

What do you like best?

This app is very good and easy to use. So many servers are available here worldwide so you can easily connect to anyone among them. It also sells static IP which is so good thing about this app and you can connect to them anytime you want.

What do you dislike?

Prices for becoming a VIP member are too high so after one month of use I stopped using it.

This is a great VPN filled with all the abilities of a good VPN but now I'm using another VPN service due to its high prices.

PrivateVPN review by User

"PrivateVPN for secure access"

What do you like best?

* Easier to install & Setup

* Plenty of servers to choose from and available in many countries

* Low price

* Provision of static IP is very good, specially if you want to assign static IP to a device for doing private network for eg. Plex Server.

What do you dislike?

* Only 5 devices can be added and used at same time , with so many devices now days I wish they allow at least 10 devices.

* Speed can be tad slow sometime , all depends on if you are connecting during rush hours, its just like traffic :)

I have used Private VPN to access restricted websites at workplace and in general to protect my privacy.

PrivateVPN review by Dlila S.
Dlila S.

" PrivateVPN"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and had great speeds. I loved that we were able to use it on all servers and it was secure!

What do you dislike?

Didnt like the data cap and that it didnt have an extension for chrome. Price is just okay. We had a few issues with it working on some devices.

Making sure our connections are secure and having fast streaming is great.

PrivateVPN review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"PrivateVPN review"

What do you like best?

This software is firstly very easy to connect. There are so many servers available here so you can connect to any server here. This software also keeps in mind about your privacy so I trust them very much. Using this you can privately open any blocked website.

What do you dislike?

This VPN is so good to use but internet speed here is not so fast. When you want to download anything, it takes much time.

I was very happy using PrivateVPN but due to its low internet speed, I stopped using it. But in terms of privacy and anonymity, it is at the top.

PrivateVPN review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"One of the best VPNs"

What do you like best?

I feel as though I don't have to double check my IP every ten seconds. I am glad that my vpn works and I can be sure that I am protected

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything to say about this. I switched to PIA

I am able to keep my IP safe without any issues

PrivateVPN review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Great Price, Great Product"

What do you like best?

The service is amazing for the price. Very fast connection, and It's extremely inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

I actually didn't have any dislikes, but I just didn't need a VPN anymore.

At the time, I was using it to access sites that weren't available to me overseas. It allowed me to do my work online.

PrivateVPN review by User

"Secure VPN Provider Needing Better Integration"

What do you like best?

I like that it advertised military grade encryption and has various tools and reporting capabilities. Onboarding was quick for our small business, great customer service.

What do you dislike?

We use technology from different generations and across our corporation we have IT managing a lot of IP problems. Many times our IP will ping from a park in PA instead of from our park in WI.

We have a secure network and can encrypt our data. We have saved money by using this relatively inexpensive service and outsourced this element of security.

PrivateVPN review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"PrivateVPN review"

What do you like best?

Working with confidential client information PrivateVPN offers the peace of mind knowing that if I want to work from a public wifi that the information won't get compromised.

What do you dislike?

There are no real dislikes of this product, the only real downside is that most of the VPN services are very similar so the real deciding factor is the price of the service.

Data security is huge in today's day in age and working with confidential information a VPN service is a necessity.

PrivateVPN review by User in Higher Education

"PrivateVPN Review"

What do you like best?

- very reiable connection

- can unblock almost every website and p2p connection

- No log recordings

- Secure VPN tunnle with 2048 bit encryption

- Supports with multiple connections

- VPN servers around the world 50+ countries

What do you dislike?

-ugly interfaces

-somewhat slow performance

-subscription is bit expensive

-24/7 support but slow response

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do some research before paying for this vpn.

Can hide identity and browse any website anonymously. It’s always better when traveling abroad and best in schools where social medias are blocked.

PrivateVPN review by User

"It do what it has to do"

What do you like best?

How easy is to set it up and start doing what really matters.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really dislike anything about it, when I used it its performanced was excellent.

I used to connect my laptop to it in order to have access to contents avilable in other countries. The most important benefit was that it was really easy to use, as well as swutching it on and off.

PrivateVPN review by O L.
O L.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Fast. Easy to use secure vpn for private use

What do you dislike?

UI can improve and add more locations to the options

Secure connection

"Privacy for a price"

What do you like best?

Your information is secure and private. As a small business owner security is important especially in regard to the internet, emails stc

What do you dislike?

I dislike the monthly fee....Other VPN providers have a low cost monthly fee.

I had an online business Simply Studded. Having a VPN kept my info private.

PrivateVPN review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Vpn "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to access apps on public networks with restrictions

What do you dislike?

The ability of my students to get around our school network blocks

I have been able to use twitter for Skype in the classroom via private vpn even though my school network had these blocked

"Affordable VPN service"

What do you like best?

Good monthly pricing in relation to competitors

Easy to connect with a large choice of servers

What do you dislike?

VIP pricing is a little too high

Speeds are sometimes on the slow side

Securely connect from alternative locations and/or when using open WiFi hotspots

Learning about PrivateVPN?

* We monitor all PrivateVPN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.