Postmark Reviews & Product Details

Postmark Overview

What is Postmark?

Postmark is an email service provider focused exclusively on transactional email delivery. By not allowing bulk promotional email, Postmark maintains one of the best delivery reputations in the industry. With Postmark, all customers receive stellar support and incredibly delivery at no added cost. You'll never have to pay extra for a dedicated IP address or personalized support. It's just part of the deal.

Postmark Details

Transactional email for webapps.

Wildbit

Postmark Reviews

Showing 18 Postmark reviews
Already have Postmark?
Digital Production Artist
What do you like best?

Postmark is a really great service and gets the job done when delivering emails to our recipients. There are almost never any hiccups (i.e. emails getting blocked like some other delivery services). We're better able to provide website maintenance and hosting PLUS email delivery services, which is a great one-stop shop feature for clients.

Some advice I would give to those on the fence is trying the free trial of Postmark to see if it's a good fit for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price isn't as competitive as other options, which can sometimes be an issue dealing with clients. The training opportunities are also minimal if you don't know where to start, which can sometimes be an issue.

The biggest dislike from a technical standpoint is there isn't an archiving option. Some clients like this feature when working with us, so that's one thing that can have us looking at other transactional email services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend the free trial to those considering Postmark. It's just slightly above average pricing, but is also a better option than the competitors, so overall I would recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to use just Postmark in-house to manage transactional emails, which is a great benefit because when we need to look up something, we don't have to search through individual emails. If something were to go wrong, we can simply check with Postmark.

As for our clients, we can use Postmark to deliver all the necessary emails almost always without fail, so this gives us credibility to get the job done when we say we can manage their email services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Owner
What do you like best?

What I like about this code ask type of thing is the simplicity of the pricing the way that I can customize my emails to other customers I have in my email list. I also like when I can have a clear and cut results and analyze those results through the email I find that very useful.as someone that uses code through email I find it really intuitive that I can use some of the skills that I learned and put in an application that can really make a difference in my email campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the downsides I would say is it's kind of pricey and I do not like the monthly recurring charging it is nice on the other hand to have monthly pricing that's clear but it is still very expensive. Also I find it that code is very hard to learn for someone that that is knowledgeable or not knowledgeable of code so you have to have that in mind when using this software for sure and I didn't know that when I first started but I had learned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving a lot of my unique advanced email skills, and problems from this program in the software. I find that it was very easy to, try to get more advanced email campaigns and analytics from my emails and finding out why my customers act the way they do the software makes it really easy to figure that out. I find it that the email deliveries are consistent reliable something that we needed for our business and when I need it for my part of my acquisition of my email list here so it was very easy to integrate everything in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

- Wildbit is top notch, and this another of their 10/10 products.

- Support is fast, friendly, and helpful

- Delivery is super consistent since they handle transactional email primarily; you're treated differently in the inbox vs other providers where you are mixed in with marketing messages

- They monitor inbox speed which I've not seen other providers do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Managing multiple accounts can be a pain. We implement postmark probably once a month for a client, and we need a separate login for each of those. They do have multi user support, but one user can only be associated with one account currently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Laravel, there is a native option for Postmark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transactional email service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

We moved our transactional email services from another provider, the ability to create templates with the ease of integration (and generated code for each template) made this an easy move, delivery of emails also increased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Postmark was slightly more expensive than our previous provider, but technical support and delivery was improved, so still worth the value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted to abstract our email templates, Postmark templates solved this well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The focus on transactional-only email and high deliverability is awesome; most small senders don't have the volume to justify the dedicated IPs every other transactional email provider seems to be pushing.

The UI is nice. Documentation is good and API is easy to use. No complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is high and there's no free starter/low-volume plan. If slightly better deliverability is not critical for your use case, look elsewhere for more competitively priced solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not price sensitive and you're looking for something simple with good support that just works, Postmark is a great choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending transactional email (password resets, email verifications, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Allows me to verify that emails are being to sent to users of our product, or what the issue is if they are not receiving emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Searching back a long amount of time can be difficult Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows us to tell users specifically what they are not receiving emails (hard bounce, soft bounce, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
Printing
What do you like best?

The validation process seems excessive at the start, but once you see the >1% bounce rate, you understand why they do it to keep the IP pools squeaky clean. They have amazing customer service skills, I feel like they are a part of my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to dislike at all. The only thing is that I mentioned to one of the reps about the Live Chat not working in the logged in menu, so I have to go to a different page where I know it's working to pull up live chat if I want to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. The setup is work, but well worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outgoing email. We switched from another provider to Postmark, and couldn't be more satisfied. They are attentive, quick to respond, and our emails are flowing seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Once you set it up, it will work just fine. It really helped us grow our business. We don't need to worry about maintaining and upgrading our email tool - Postmark does it all for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we could really complain about. Maybe email open rates could have been higher, but they aren't really responsible for that ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We had been using an installable solution that we had to maintain, upgrade, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for delivery, inbound and tracking email open rates. It works just fine for all of these types of email communication in terms of our product needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I love to send emails easily with Postmark Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be genius if I could send marketing mail. Those models are too beautiful and so easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would migrate because is so easy to configure, even migrating from Mandrill or other software to send transactional emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Send transactional emails like remembering passwords, account confirmations, but using pretty models from the own site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We used Postmark for all of our transactional email, and we've found them extremely simple to use. Their integration with Heroku as well as a wide variety of language-specific libraries has made it very quick to get up and running with them. For most transactional email, implementing Postmark sending in an app is nearly a one-liner, which is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've found their web-dashboard to be a little less than clear on some data, but much of this could be my own inexperience with the UI (which I've used very little). It's possible that their pricing becomes expensive at high volumes, but we haven't experienced this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can strongly recommend the product for everything we've used it for, but we haven't delved into the more complicated aspects of the app. If you want an API call to send an arbitrary email and their pricing works for you, they're a great bet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a quick way to start getting transactional emails out the door quickly and without a lot of setup. Postmark has done a good job to make that easy, and also to walk us through the various domain configurations required to make it all work properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Consultant
What do you like best?

Postmark has a clear API, a well designed site, and I trust that they're going to be around in 5 years time because they aren't chasing rocket ship growth. Their emails are fast to be delivered and they really focus on deliverability which is why we chose them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike and it's not even a big deal is that their templates are linked to an email server, rather than being global to the account. This means you can't use a template from a dev server against the production server. It's an extremely minor point though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We evaluated Postmark against Sendgrid and Mailgun, but found Postmark fit our needs best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to send transactional email to corporate customers, and we really didn't want to deal with deliverability issues. Postmark seemed like the best company to achieve that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer II
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Postmark has been simple and reliable in the 2+ years I've used them. Their API has a fast response time and their batch send calls has been helpful in maintaining a quick response time on our service. They've also been generous in giving us free credits from time to time. They provide webhooks for events you are interested in e.g. bounced emails, spam reports. Their documentation is extensive and comprehensive and also includes libraries for several languages (we use them with python and php). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the new features Postmark has added aren't as simple as their first product, especially the email templates. Their admin interface also is weird in that it only lets you look at 30 day periods for statistics (we track our own analytics so it's less of an issue for us). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Postmark quickly and effectively help us getting transactional email up for our service. We've evaluated switching to Mailgun (since we get it for free) however right now postmark seems to have the simpler API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postmark helped us quickly and effectively add an outside transactional email provider instead of sending SMTP emails. It's also helped ensure that our app stays quick when we were originally directly calling it from the application thread. We've had no problem with getting marked as spam or deliverability and their open tracking by email client has been helpful. We've sent 200,000+ emails with postmark so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CoFounder, CTO, Lead Developer
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

Postmark sends my transactional email. They know their tools and they do their job right. I can focus on my product knowing that emails are going to get sent. Cost is more than reasonable and email tagging and activity reporting allows me to visually check what exactly was sent to whom. Support is also great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I even wouldn't prefer the service to be free! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending transactional email is a fundamental piece in every SaaS or digital B2C service. It is also a tricky business, due to the complex ecosystem of email providers and spammers. Letting experts handle it for a tiny fraction of the cost I could need to support to do it myself is the right business decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Postmark is very easy to use. You can implement it easily using either SMTP or API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Set up is a bit annoying. They won't let you do anything unless you've confirmed certain things. We just wanted to do basic sandbox style testing but needed to get our dns records all sorted out first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since Mandrill became not very transactional friendly Postmark has been an easy transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA

What do you dislike?

What do you like best?

Good APIs, easy to use and works well for transactional emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - maybe seems a little expensive I guess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead and try it it's fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transactional emails only Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

It works. Their API is easy-to-use and we never experienced any downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high for what we get. Also their administration panel and Analytics graphs are not user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check Mandrill as alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Postmark as secondary provider to send emails. We send ~100M emails per week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Consultant | Social Media Strategic Adviser | Content Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

An easy interface and quick way to reach a friend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not enough ideas on ways to use it. seems to focus on value of hard copy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would like to get to a prospect or client in a memorable way, but often don't know where to send a card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Postmark?

Postmark Categories on G2