Portainer

4.9

Portainer is a lightweight and easy to use management UI for Docker. It allows you to manage your containers, images, volumes and networks on any Docker host or Swarm cluster. It can be ran on both Docker for Linux and Docker for Windows

Work for Portainer?

Learning about Portainer?

Compare Portainer to Similar Solutions

Portainer Reviews

Showing 5 Portainer reviews
Portainer review by Khaled A.
Khaled A.

"Portainer is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I'm very satisfied with the interface and how it's easy to use!! it's very straightforward and easy to understand and also easy to install

What do you dislike?

a lot of bugs, some tools should be considered, it needs more enhancements! options are not enough

example, user management doesn't provide enough options, like permissions and different custom roles

another thing, I would like to see progress when pulling images :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I started using docker, I was using the terminal to control my services and containers, I'm still thinking about the time I wasted using the terminal, I also tried another user interfaces for docker, but no one was easy an portainer it's amazing

provide a user interface to controls our servers without using terminals, it's very useful for non-professional technicals, QA team, another developers might need to have basic control over the server

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Portainer
Portainer review by Ramon B.
Ramon B.

"Best UI for Docker and Swarm"

What do you like best?

The best feature of the Portainer project is that it is always adding more features. I think the first feature that really got my attention was that I could mix administration over both Linux and Windows environments.

What do you dislike?

Currently doesn't show all my servers in the cluster in one display. Having to switch context constantly is a pain. There is no way of backing up/restoring settings configuration from a deployed container, so it can be replicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a feature for deploying updated images over top ones already deployed using the same settings.

It allows me to keep an eye on my deployed containers.

In my development and experimental environments it serves as a quick search tool for querying the DockerHub repositories.

What Container Management solution do you use?

Portainer review by Ernest O.
Ernest O.

"The best way to manage your docker host"

What do you like best?

After deploying Portainer, I hardly ever needed to login to docker host machine anymore. Any docker command you can think of, Portainer probably has the equivalent in its user interface. Moreover, one can also manage docker swarm nodes with one instance of Portainer.

What do you dislike?

The Portainer user interface doesn't really handle long container names/IDs elegantly. Obviously long container names/IDs isn't Portainer's fault nor is it such a big deal. But then ellipsis would make that list of running containers more visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Portainer is really easy to setup and manage. It will greatly ease your system administration if you're actively using docker. If you're not sure about deploying it on your server yet, I encourage you to install it locally and see how it works.

Portainer has greatly simplified management of our docker stacks and containers. Now container management can be done by fairly inexperienced system administrators or beginners.

Portainer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Brilliant for managing docker hosts and containers"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage your entire docker infrastructure by one simple UI.

Using portainer also streamlines the ability to add volumes to docker containers and allows ease of stopping and starting them. If you have muliple docker hosts then they can all be managed through portainer also.

What do you dislike?

UI sometimes seems a little dated but functions well although there are some bugs and issues with the UI which could be resolved.

Managing multiple docker hosts has be solved using this and spinning up docker containers is a lot simpler using portainer! Nice work.

Portainer review by Administrator

"A great docker manager"

What do you like best?

I'm a rookie in a docker's world and Portainer helps me to learn and manage my docker's images easily.

What do you dislike?

Maybe Portainer needs to be better in the management of the backups. It's difficult for me to manage this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I recommend Portainer. It helps to manage docker's images fine

Portainer helps me to manage different mysql database. Even other microservices or my library online

Learning about Portainer?

* We monitor all Portainer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Portainer to Similar Solutions