Ning

3.5

Ning is a solution that gives you tools and expertise to engage your own community in a scalable integrated social platform that allows you to build and launch your own social network.

Work for Ning?

Learning about Ning?

Ning Reviews

Ask Ning a Question
Showing 13 Ning reviews
Ning review by Consultant

"Useful tool for simple community sites"

What do you like best?

The content management system is extremely simple to use. It's possible to get a simple site up very quickly without knowledge of CSS or html, with a lot of useful features, particularly around discussion forum functionality.

What do you dislike?

The number of templates is pretty limited, which means it's hard to make a site look really attractive. The core functionality is based on discussion/posting features, which means that even static informational pages have to be rendered as posts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth considering for anyone looking at creating a low-cost community site.

I've used Ning for a housing/office complex that requires the ability to interact as a community, while also accessing evergreen information such as contact details and processes. It is effective in facilitating membership and discussions, less so in hosting static informational pages (due to the fact that the discussion/posting functionality is core). With only a small budget, it's quick to set up something which is effective, and easy for users to join and interact.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ning
Ning review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"My experience as a long time Ning user"

What do you like best?

Ning has provided a safe-haven for communities since its inception. At first they had a free tier, which was nice and sprouted many communities. After they retired the free tier, many communities chose to stay on Ning opposed to moving to other platforms. I have been part of two communities for a long time.

As an user, Ning provides me with a forum-like space with a vast but focused suite of social features. The granularity which it offers is great, it allows you to limit the audience of posts, which exist in formats such as videos, photos, audio, polls, articles, etc.

It also has integration with social media, so content from a community can be shared to Facebook. This can be a nice way to organize the content curation of a Facebook page, for instance.

What do you dislike?

Ning has a lack of variety in themes, while other platforms have themes in abundance, and that might lead some people to choose other platforms over Ning.

I believe the absence of a free tier is off-putting, although the paid tiers have friendly prices at the time of this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don`t mind the lack of themes, Ning can be a superior option compared to similar platforms because it merges a CMS platform with a social platform.

Ning has evolved to be a sort of CMS with social features, and that`s a great thing in times when social content is centralized. A strong solid brand already established in the industry surely gives credibility to the website.

The manager of one of the communities in which i participate is not very computer-savvy. They never had any trouble setting up the community and at a later time the website, so it`s safe to assume that the administrative side of

What Online Community Management solution do you use?

Ning review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Best social networking platform and great tools for social media sites "

What do you like best?

It helps for building a social network that was self-sustaining over time and I was impressed with their new updates now. It has improved a lot and it's moving ahead with many good new features to use. From my point-of-view as designer, I was able to re-design, re-brand, update color selection and add more new components with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

I do believe the price went up over time but I dont have anything else to report on the downside of Ning. It could be a better price for bigger businesses or corporations, but it's still limited for start-ups or smaller group.

We built a site for a campaign and it saved us from all of hard technical work. It was very simple and allowed us to administrate it easily.

Ning review by User

"Ning Platform Review"

What do you like best?

I first used Ning when they had their Free platform because my company wanted to test out the different platforms for building content management and social media networking. Ning was very easy adjustment. It didn't take much time to learn the platform. I had a few questions along the way but their customer service reps were knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I overall like Ning but there were not many themes to choose from when building a website. Once our site was built, we also had a few times where certain pages wouldn't pull it. It was very random.

We were attempting to test out multiple platforms to see what solutions were out there to build our company.

Ning review by Administrator

"Still Learning but Happy so far!"

What do you like best?

With Ning I am able to build my niche social network and see my username grow exponentially each day. Our users are very important to us and Ning has made keeping them up to date and able to connect with each other easier than we could have imagined.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a tad bit too high, but we are able to squeeze by at the moment. Thankfully support has helped us through our journey.

The ability for our niche market of users to connect has been the biggest benefit so far. I will update this review with more information as we realize it.

Ning review by Administrator

"Decent Platform"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the simplicity of the platform. You don’t need a coding background to build a feature-filled social networking citebthat looks polished.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to integrate other tools we use, such as WebEx, Google Classrooms, etc. Also, customer service has historically been hit or miss.

We run an online enrichment program for students across the country, so it’s a great tool for building community in a virtual environment.

Ning review by Mathura R.
Mathura R.

"Best Social Networking tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, do not need coding knowledge and it has a simple interface. Ning is a great app to design social networks and connected with the world.

What do you dislike?

Ning is not cheap, Product value is higher than other products

great tool, if anyone wishes to design a great tool to social network

Ning review by User in Internet

"Social Network Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a connected interface for all teams/departments when driving toward metric oriented solutions

What do you dislike?

The onboarding/integration time was an issue we experienced although that may not have been a common occurrence

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ning is a great online platform for people and organizations to create custom social networks. One of the things that we really appreciated is how much it helped grow the efficiency of our business.

It helped our team get on the same page throughout the company

Ning review by Tara Nicole B.
Tara Nicole B.

"Great tool for creating brand specific social networks"

What do you like best?

Ning is easy to use. It has great support too.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much I disliked about using it when I was using it.

In a former job we used it to create a students-only social forum for sharing ideas, conducting academic discussions, and for socializing.

Ning review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great app for social media sites"

What do you like best?

Great app for creating your own social networks and stay connected with the world.

Ning has come a long way to offer clients a comprehensive SaaS platform with a wide range of useful features and customization tools.

What do you dislike?

not cheap at all with 45 $ a month just to play a bit for something

Recommendations to others considering the product

great if you want to make a quick and great tool for social media

none at the moment

Ning review by Sayali K.
Sayali K.

"Ning Review"

What do you like best?

Its a great platform to get connected to the social platform

What do you dislike?

I felt nothing that I disliked about the software.

A good platform for SaaS

Ning review by User

"Great idea, poor execution"

What do you like best?

I like the themes that are offered. There are several catchy and classic designs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the value of the product offered. I didn't find a difference between my Ning traffic and my free social media (like Facebook and Instagram) traffic.

None.

Ning review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Like a poor man's Facebook"

What do you like best?

You can customize it based on the needs and interests of a specific group

What do you dislike?

It doesn't offer much that Facebook doesn't already.

Social network for employees

Learning about Ning?

* We monitor all Ning reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.