Movavi Screen Recorder Reviews & Product Details

Movavi Screen Recorder Overview

What is Movavi Screen Recorder?

If you think that capturing video from your computer screen demands extra hardware or cumbersome programs, think again. Movavi Screen Recorder can capture any type of screen activity and save it to any popular video format. No matter what you want to record: a screencast for a video tutorial, online video, Flash animation from a website, or a video chat with your family and friends, Screen Recorder will help you to record it as a high quality video at a speed of up to 60 frames per second. Select one of the ready-made capture modes or adjust the settings manually. Save the result in most popular video formats. Movavi Screen Recorder allows to take screenshots and edit them. —Record video chats, screencasts, online video, and other kinds of screen activity —Record sound from multiple audio devices simultaneously —Take screenshots and edit them —Highlight the cursor, set your own click sound, capture keyboard actions —Save captured video in any popular media format —Save videos in mere seconds in the SuperSpeed mode —Share your creations online on YouTube or upload to Google Drive

Movavi Screen Recorder Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

Movavi Screen Capture Pro is lightweight yet powerful video recording software, designed to help users capture streaming video and music from websites, save Skype calls and program activity, take desktop screenshots, and much more.

Movavi
2004
Limassol, Limassol
@Movavi

Movavi Screen Recorder Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Movavi Screen Recorder community
Have you used Movavi Screen Recorder before?

Movavi Screen Recorder Reviews

Showing 44 Movavi Screen Recorder reviews
Already have Movavi Screen Recorder?
AC
What do you like best?

Easy of use...just click and go. No need for lots of reading on how to use the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the size of the video files produced are on the large size ..1-2 GB for an hour Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

being able to create Demo recordings and then editing out all the bloopers...perfect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Movavi Screen Recorder is easy to use, and has a convenient timer function so you don't have to wait by your computer; it automatically turns off when you request it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes on my old PC the software would use a lot of available system resources, yet on my new (upgraded) PC, it works just fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead and download a free trial - you won't be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I watch a lot of free webinars, and Movavi Screen Recorder allows me to re-watch them at my leisure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

Easy to use. Full fills my requirement. I can use it prepare training videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not much dislikes apart from upgrade. New upgrades should come without extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend. You can easily capture any part of screen and record a video or take a snapshot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

no problems so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Movavi Screen Capture is easy to use and can be set up in a minute, even during live conversations that I might be having on Skype or during a video that I may be watching.

The recordings are high quality and suitable for editing down to core content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am using Movavi Screen Capture Pro on one device and if I jump to another screen say by referring to a web site, it records whats on my screen at the time, not the video I am recording. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go.

It's easy to use.

You will find uses for it that you haven't anticipated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do many selling pitches to clients using Skype. These calls last for about 60 minutes.

I record these using Movavi Screen Capture Pro.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro allows me to fully concentrate on my conversation with my prospect, rather than taking copious notes.

People like to see their own words in proposals and after the call I can go back to review the key words, processes and concepts to which the prospect gave a positive reaction.

I incorporate these into the quotation I subsequently send the prospect.

I also watch many educational videos that cannot be downloaded. Most of these videos have a few gems I would like to remember surrounded by a lot of fluff.

I record these and fast forward to the bits that really interest me.

The quality of the recorded video enables me to run the video through a video editor and keep the interesting stuff.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like being able to choose whether I only need audio or whether I also need screen Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I bought a new laptop recently, and when I downloaded Screen Capture, I can no longer use the Capture Time Options - I just get a bunch of dots. I used this function often, so I'm quite disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can make a training video and use it over and over again Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Functionality and easy to use. Good quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Video Editing is not incorporated on this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having left behind with my tasks. I could always go back on my online video studies if I need to back track on the topic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner Attention 2 detail
What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Screen capture pro is the ease of use The fact that you can also Record audio And not just the screen like other screen capture programs. it makes it much easier than mixing sound in later Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have with screen capture pro Is the file size of this captured Video. You can be 4 or 5 times larger Then the same video if downloaded through downloading program or Flash to download. It makes it very hard To find media That will accept a file That's 32 gigabytes in SIZE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you wanna save time and you have terabytes of room to spare the movie might be perfect However If you're still working with the 500 gigabyte hard drive And low memory Consider it different option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are immediately obvious With using moabe the time you save is incredible. It's much much easier Then Downloading Programs that aren't meant to be downloaded Like flash files and Protected media. It saves a ton of money it saves a ton of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

I love Movavi. I've been using their products for several years and use them to record webinars, make webinars and video commercials. It's easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a little slow in loading, not really slow, I'm just impatient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I find it easier to produce a Powerpoint presentation and then record it with voice over using Movavi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer
What do you like best?

I wanted a simple to use screen capture utility to document and communicate new features in a software development process. As such I want the video capture software to have minimum impact in speed and an easy-to-use interface - and Screen Capture Pro delivers on both!

Easy to configure sound input sources so I can easily make comments to the captured videos.

Before deciding upon Screen Capture Pro, I evaluated a couple of similar products, including screenflow and others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't appreciate that I only have 3 downloads unless I purchase a rather expensive two-year extended download period. I know it is a common practice, but since I purchase most software on various App Stores including Steam and other similar services, I have come to expect the ability to download any software I have previously purchased, as many times as I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to use screen capture videos :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Many ways to accelerate your workflow, Intel HD, Nvidia and AMD hardware supports makes footage so fast, that by the time you get back with your freshly made coffee, you can already review the results!

Another great feature is that the software ships with a wide range of profiles for nearly any nearly any device you can think of. Smartphones, TV's, Bluray's, iPads and so on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the developers expand the export section for advanced users.

I would love to be able to configure each and every aspect of the encoding process since I have the knowledge to do so. Additionally, The option to be able to setup a folder dedicated for cache files only. This way users can take advantage of a PCI nVME SSD drive and speed up the encoding even more. I currently do this with a windows hack as a work around. And it works like a charm! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a camtasia user, than I highly reccommend that you make the swith. Movavi, is cheaper, more stable, has better hardware support, and therefor it is way faster. The workflow is also faster.

The learning curve of Movavi is less steap, and even beginners will quicvkly start to master this software.\

I tested this software on a system that only had a IGPU (a intel i7 7700k with a iGPU by intel type 630 HD. And the performance and speed was very impressive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's excellent for making instruction videos for newcomers, compress it down to a reasonable file size, store them on the company network, so each new employee can quickly get started. Movavi allows me to make this videos very quickly, and if needed, include chapters or host them on the web, and make them very fast to start streaming. Before I was using a very similar software package, which we probably all know, and all have used, but once it started with a subscription model, on top of the slow performance (not to mention the extremely long encoding times) I downloaded the demo of Movavi, and was so impressed by it speed, that I bought a full license, and in just 1 weekend, I completely got back on track with all my projects. That was a beautiful experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What is totally awesome about this product is the ease of use that it has. It is safe to say that it is pretty self-explanatory. All you have to do is review all of the options before starting.

I also love the fact that you can add the video (in MP4 format) to your website very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it makes my app super slow when I try to open pdf´s and various documents during the recording only makes it a little frustrating.. I did find a way around it....

I restarted the Movavi program several times because after recording 8 or so times it would give me the (Not Responding) message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend this product if you just have straight forward screen recording needs. If you need to open Documents for your video just pre-generate them first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to record the instructional videos for people to better understand how to use our Business Management Software Program.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

VERY familiar to use ............................. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike.............................. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JUST TRY IT...YOU WILL LOVE IT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

screen recorder as video I need...its very helpfull Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Fitness Coach & Mindset Develop-Mentor
What do you like best?

Easy to open, doesn't slow down the computer by hogging processing data all around efficient adjustable full screen capture Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of this point I do not have any aggravating comments at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll be more than satisfied with their software products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Broadcast recordings change peoples lives directly & Indirectly

I Am able to get decent amount more info out in shorter amount of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

The general performance and quality leaves others behind.

After some years using Movavi products & being ablke to compare with others these are a street in front in so many ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Possibly the only real con is that updates do not remove the previous version from your system. You have to manually remove the older version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to capture and convey messages or practices etc to assist with performance and knowledge of others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The software is fast and has a slick interface for screen capture and recording. I really think it's easy to use and worth the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When saving screenshots, I like to name my files. So, the screenshot gets a name and then when I hit save it creates another file with a new name. I don't like that at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you do a screen capture, don't save the file until I've named it. The save function doesn't make sense if the file is created before you save it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trader, so I need to be able to quickly capture my trade documentation and get it in my folder so I can review at the end of the day, week, month etc. This tool makes it very easy to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of this screen capture software! The interface is very easy to work with, and it takes very minimal effort to work through the functions of the software. The timing conversion is astounding, there is no visible delay that I have seen as of yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only issue with the software is that I cannot edit in the one place. However, it does not take away from the experience of screen capturing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple to use and affordable option for screen capturing, Movavi Screen Capture Pro is the way to go. You will have a delightful time using this software for all types of work needs, such as powerpoint presentations, live on-screen demonstrations and so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to record videos of my processes, which have greatly aided in my business dealings with potential partners for upcoming projects. I have been able to explain in better detail what it is that I do, and I've created a multitude of business connections from using this software to record my screen while working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very easy and quick to use. I can create instructional videos for my employees in minutes. It's also very easy to edit and save videos in the format you desire Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to edit instructions into the actual video, however, we loaded all our videos onto an unlisted youtube page for our employees and I put the written instructions in the description which works just fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This cuts down on direct questions from my employees who can check on a video to answer their questions as well as cuts down on our face to face training time. It is also extremely helpful with reinforcing the information that they learn in initial training because they can now practice on their own and practice doing things correctly since they have visual directions right in front of them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can screen shot all what I want to record on my screen. and I can resized it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike on this product, just sometimes is froze that was it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is best for beginners very easy to use, and also can use for back up or additional what your software you using right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I got to do the work I need to be done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a university instructor, I often need to utilize screen capture software (especially for the occasional online courses I teach), and Movavi offers a great substitute for TechSmith Relay. TechSmith takes much longer to process videos, and it does not -- as far as I understand -- permit users to download the files: rather, users are merely provided a link to embed the video in their learning management systems, which is to say that the files stay in TechSmith's database. In contrast, Movavi allows one to process the files himself, which is faster, and the files stay on one's own hard drive, which makes Movavi much more versatile. For instance, I can upload them to shared Google Drive files or use them on my personal academic website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The two drawbacks I see with Movavi are that the edit options are not straightforward, and the media files are far too large. As an example of the first concern, if one wishes to trim a screen capture video, dragging the timer to the spot where one wants the video to end and pressing the scissors icon doesn't seem to be enough to trim the file: there is no button to confirm a trim and yet saving the file at this stage would save the entire, unedited version of the file. I'm still trouble-shooting this. As an example of the second concern, after testing this each minute of a screen capture seems to consist in roughly 12.5 MB, which makes these files unwieldy and less versatile. Ideally, one would be able to send these video files via email (which generally has a 25 MB limit). And even if one uses Movavi Video Converter, which allows one to compress the file, the data is still large and the quality of the video quickly declines. I tried converting a 4-minute screen capture video on the lowest video-quality conversion setting and the quality was absolutely horrendous and the file still exceeded 35 MB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Movavi Screen Capture to provide my undergraduates in my online courses more interactive lecture slides, and to provide students feedback on their working drafts of academic papers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Simple, easy, fast...If your a novice...get this first. The program is so easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program is a little slow to load on Win 7. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a novice...Get this first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to share my media from job sites and share with others in the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is the best screen capture software which is so simple to use. I am totally useless when it comes to technology but the video tutorials make this product so easy to follow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that there isn't anything I dislike about this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best on the Market and worth every penny Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is easy to put together making it easy to make instructional videos to help our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I recently found and purchased Movavi Screen Capture Pro after having the frustrating experiences of trying to find an effective, good & simple screen capture software. Movavi Screen Capture Pro covers the bases. It's super simple to use, has a nice interface with good options and user friendly. Just seconds after using, I was able to capture a specific section of my screen and with audio (sound). Thanks for coming to the rescue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I noticed the application only places a shortcut icon in the toolbar for Mac. I would prefer that the program provides an option to have in the toolbar at all times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to capture videos with sound for presentations to team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Analyst
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

Easy to use . learn to use in seconds and you can run it with few shortcut keys .

Sound and video quality is great , works perfect for the purpose .

Price is good as well, as I don't need other fancy features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If it can link with cloud storage, it will nice to have cell phone version as well . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

user training and use for user training guide , tried with webex and other software , this is the simplest and affordable as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

When I need for something create very innovative with my studio then i need simultaneously use some touch screens so i started search for screen recorder then i got this.

This is awesome software...

I got what i need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is no profile or custom profile for next recording as we last customize. We need multiple resolution for every different shoot so we want that if you would create custom profile maker with customized setting so that we can make it fast at one click.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If they need they can ask this is awesome software.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I got achieved what i need and getting so on...

our designer and animator making design so with this tool we share that move and related issue.

this is making easy our business problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Production Operator
Veterinary
What do you like best?

The product is very simple to use and easy to understand - high-quality video and editing power these are the things I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have the Pro Version and Screen Capture 8 what in my opinion is away better as I can schedule the recording as I can't do that with Pro version for some reason...? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my opinion Version 8 better than Pro. If they added scheduled capturing to Pro version would be a complete package Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recording Webinars in the middle of the night while i'm sleeping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.