Meetup Pro Reviews & Product Details

Meetup Pro Reviews

1-41 of 41 total Meetup Pro reviews
Gift Services Specialist II

"Professional linking"

What do you like best?

Meetup Pro allows for an easy and efficient way to communicate within the team. As a team we are wide spread and continuing to expand into branches around the state and Meetup Pro allows us to stay connected as one large group no matter where we may physically be.

What do you dislike?

Meetup Pro like many other applications has its downfalls including participant limits and connection issues on the occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Meetup Pro is a great way for your teams to stay in communication when everyone is spread apart and constantly on the go with meetings and travel.

Meetup Pro has allowed the team to better communicate with each other as we are spread out across the city and surrounding areas. We realize the benefits of having a system like Meetup Pro in our daily systems as it is more resourcefull and benefitial compared to simple text and phone call communications.

Author of The Essential Gluten-Free Cookie Guide Published by Triumph Dining

"Great way to connect with others"

What do you like best?

Meet up pro lets you create a group and schedule events for it. With the free version, you can only find exisiting events to attend.

More people have found my events through Meet up vs through Facebook Events.

What do you dislike?

I often miss email notifications of people wanting to join becausr the email gets kicked to my promotions or Spam folders.

It has been a great way for me to create a business networking group of others in my industry. I also easily discover other meetups where I can connect and network with others.

President

"Solid platform for creating networking groups."

What do you like best?

I liked that the admin panel was easy to navigate and sup up group descriptions, meeting places, and meet ups.

What do you dislike?

This isn't really the fault so much for the platform but I disliked getting traffic to my meetup group. I hosted a popular subject at the time (cryptocurrency) and I was hoping people would find it and join through Meet Up's search, but I ended up having to drive external traffic to the group.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you know how to get traffic to your meetups, don't rely on people finding you in search.

I was able to get people to face-to-face meetings from Meetup Pro which is rare from internet connections. This enabled me to sell the cryptocurrency trading signal platform I am an affiliate for much easier.

Production Coordinator

"Last Month best choice"

What do you like best?

I work on the film industry and this has been great!!!! I love the meet-up groups. It has really broadened my social life and it's a great way to meet people according to my needs

What do you dislike?

The customer service sometimes can be a little bit slow and take time, but overall every question I've had, it's been resolved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great groups in every city and the possibility to get to interact and connect

It is a very good site to organize a meeting in any city. I travel a lot and I've found this great. I can find people from different backgrounds. I've even had the chance to to organize IG events and I've used this tool to organize it for people who don't have IG accounts

"Great Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

User friendly in being able to build and manage my meetups. I am able to target my community and network using this tool!

What do you dislike?

So far I have no dislikes of the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you have a social media platform and targeting a certain online community, definitely great for you to use especially since networking takes a huge positive impact in your growing business

Organization was a big thing for me, until I found this tool it was easy to transition. I had thought not only will learning a new system to train my team and manage myself would be difficult. I was surprised that it didnt take much effort to move from old to new.

AH

"Anime Meet Up are the best!"

What do you like best?

Meetup is a great app on iPhone that allows me to create groups in which they meet up to do things together. For my groups, we meet up and watch Anime potluck style.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the app would have a built-in way for me to track attendance. I would like to give out rewards for people who come out to events regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use this app to build your business or to increase engagement, If you own a bar, this is a great way to increase cash flow.

I am able to analyze what type of events people like and then have them come to it. I am also able to advertise better with the app. Not only that I am able to use it within my job to create events to meet up at happy hour after work. Which is great because I can get to know my coworkers even more.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great tool to connect with!"

What do you like best?

Like the website suggests, Meetup Pro connects brands and businesses to their audiences in real life, driving community growth, customer engagement, and brand awareness. You can have in your disposal, a global community that’s 37M members strong to discover your next customers and fans. Connect with existing groups or start your own network with our full suite of Pro tools, bring your brand to life. You can tell your brand story in real life by building meaningful experiences for your customers

What do you dislike?

I'd been looking for a group to join, any group that I had something in common with. One group was NYC Fibroids Meetup. Well, this was over 3 years ago, and I'm still pending, whatever that means. I then found our Meetup was acquired by WeWork.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

That said, I am not an organizer and maybe I owe the organizers of the groups I am in a multitude of thanks. I had organizing my social events and the organizers do it for me! I'd be a recluse without it! I am in a fitness group, a music group and a volunteer and nature group. Love MeetUp. I haven't really thought that there are someones at a higher level who might be making it difficult for the organizers. I haven't heard that. I am a five star reviewer for the benefit from Meetup that I have received.

In my particular area I love the meet-up groups. It has really broadened my social life and it's a great way to meet people. Of course I'm selective as to which meet- up sites I like. You have to find the people that are compatible with you.

"user friendly and easy to manage meetings "

What do you like best?

I like meetup pro because it makes it easy to communicate to a group and learn more about new members. I Have also been able to grow the group and meet new people through meetup. It has been instrumental with networking for my business.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked at first was that the group was growing but participation was still very small. I feel like much of the initial momentum is just people adding or joining to group without plans to be active members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to start a more serious network group or professional group I would definitely upgrade to Meetup Pro

The biggest benefit has been the ability to track data for members and see who is active and reach out to more of those targeted people.

"A wonderful and modern way of connecting people"

What do you like best?

I love that the website seems to do most of the heavy lifting for the user - once everything is set up online, we haven't had to do much in the realm of advertising, etc

Forces you to get better at planning ahead of time!

What do you dislike?

It seems to be lacking a space of analytics for users to see about their own organization. Our trial ended without us getting a proper feel for its true potential, so it's difficult to say otherwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As the trial is only for 30 days, and the whole concept of the tool is to schedule events in the future, you MUST take advantage right away. Otherwise it will be difficult to see the true full potential.

It streamlines marketing and pairs like-minded groups/individuals who share common interests.

UE

"Meetup Pro is ProFect"

What do you like best?

It's great for a multitude of reasons. Meeting like minds, setting up meetings, etc. It's a very convenient and useful.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything about it that I dislike as of yet, but it's newly implemented so there is still time to discover faults.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really serves its purpose. Whether scheduling an outing for the team or finding activities for the group to do together it's highly conducive and has so many options. I would highly recommend this for literally meeting up.

Easily organizes meet-ups and links schedules

"Good for startup peeps"

What do you like best?

Really liked the ability to use their API to integrate Meetup with my company website. Allows you to have more of a position in the "influencer" or thought leadership space.

What do you dislike?

Meetup is a mixed bag. The community can be low-qual at times, which makes Pro less valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the Pro benefits are worth it for you. And if the API would be useful to integrate because you run lots of events or are active in the community, it likely will be worth it. Also, try out the basic level for as long as you can to make sure the Meetup user base is right for you.

Building community, getting folks to join events, positioning ourselves as thought leaders. Benefits in building reltionships and outreach.

UG

"Great, effective software Meetup Pro help larger companies connect with the communities"

What do you like best?

Effectiveness: larger organizations and corporations can take advantage of Meetup's platform for managing a network of Meetup chapters spanning locations, while also tapping into a suite of business-level tools that will help them better understand and connect with their online communities.

What do you dislike?

The product is still new and it has been in beta testing with a number of customers who will now be moving over to the increased functionality recently. I think the product can be improved in expanding the customer base.

Companies or organizations can use Meetup Pro to manage their membership lists more easily with the new product by sorting member information based on things like activity level.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"GET CONNECTED WITH THE UNEXPECTED!"

What do you like best?

I love the entire concept of this application. Honestly I am a new user, but I love how it connects me with local events and people all for a good purpose.

What do you dislike?

There aren't but so many features on the application. You can only join a group, make a group or message people. I wish it was more so like facebook, and had a thread in which people in the group could post.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add more features to the application, make it more like a form of social media. Allow real time videos to be streamed during the events.

Connecting with certain audiences. Enables community outreach. Allows enhanced networking community.

Biologics Associate 2

"Biologics Associate 2"

What do you like best?

I can set up various groups according to interests and categorize them in order to manage my hobbies.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if a meet-up pro software is free of cost, in order to arrange meetings. It is a paid software currently.

I am a potential business owner. I like to meet and engage with like minded people through meetings arranged with meet up pro and interact with peers.

Program director

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the program is - it's easy to set up and view/understand the data on engagement and growth through the group.

What do you dislike?

I have not been using it long enough to think of anything I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

It has streamlined all of the communications and engagement within the community. It also makes it easy to receive feedback, so we may evolve quickly.

"Meetup to Network and Collaborate"

What do you like best?

being able to create networks of like minded or interested people in your community to collaborate with. Open up the possibilities of building businesses and getting the world out

What do you dislike?

Meetup can be used for the wrong things such as a dating platform or bring people in for the wrong reasons. Also found users to just sign up for several events but don’t attend causing planning issues

Working with start-ups Meetup provides a great tool to network and collaborate with like minded individuals. It helps create platforms where information can be shared and connections met. It’s a great platform to get the word out

"Meetup Pro- networking FOR the pros!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of this app...ability to add members easily, respond to questions group ,members may have ,as well as endless possibilities to network, expand my professional/friend base, and create bridges to new opportunities via meetups.

What do you dislike?

occasional glitches have led to a few missed meetings/info relayed incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to keep your company base growing, and network with others who may be interested in learning about your products, or even just to gain new friends/partners in your community.

Gained new mentors, formed new committees to complete tasks, as well as built a new professional and friend base.

Marketing Director-Part Time

"Using it for our Toastmasters Groups"

What do you like best?

It does still bring us some visitors so worth the cost.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new format, the old one we could customize to fit our branding, be able to change the colors etc was very helpful

We have used it for several years to increase guest attendance, it is a fairly decent way to get the word out there.

Building Leadership Team

"Helping brand get to groups"

What do you like best?

the algorithm is helpful for finding other groups that have similar interests.

What do you dislike?

It’s a lot of leg work to get the initial work going and planning ahead for connecting with different groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have your data sets in place for launching the groups.

Connection with other school groups that work on the same curriculum.

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

It was very simple, straight-Forward, and customer service was great.

What do you dislike?

The limitations, lack of custom pages/ design elements (logo and cover photo is great, but would be nice to have a bit more control).

Getting to be more organized in planning, names, items, ideas not scattered all over the place. The team is happy with it!

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Good for setting up and managing meetups "

What do you like best?

It is good platform for setting up and managing meetups. you can schedule and invite people

What do you dislike?

It seems generally rudimentary and a bit overpriced. For in house meetups, i feel outlook and skype meetings are better suited and more cost effective

setting up and managing meetups with people inside and outside a firm

Managing Director
Management Consulting

"Meetup Pro good way to connect"

What do you like best?

Good way to reach out to similar users in your community.

What do you dislike?

There is some spamming from users or those wanting to abuse the trust of other Meetup subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is as little as $10/month so worth giving it a try, depending on the number of users in your audience.

Cost-effectively reaching interested parties.

UA

"Great way to reach more of your audience!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is fantastic - very much plug in and go! Very little training time, quick to get on board.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike! Program is very intuitive and generates the right leads, just as we need them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Exceptionally ease to learn, you'll be up and running in no time. Worth the effort to learn as it has driven up business interaction with clients and future clients. Economical and easy to implement. Win-win!

Generating additional interaction with clients has been helpful.

UE

"Good way to connect with community"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for connecting with the community and getting face to face engagement. As the marketing manager for a gym, it has been a great tool to get the word out about us and finding potential members

What do you dislike?

You have to have a profile to rsvp and that limits the reach

It made our outreach more personal rather than a graphic on social media. It gave us a chance to interact face to face with potential members

Director

"Helpful tool for scheduling"

What do you like best?

Helps multiple people schedule, share ideas and communicate availability

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat limited in its scope though it helps get things set up

Scheduling

"NOT A BAD WAY TO SET UP A MEETING/DEMONSTRATION"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use the link and navigate through the site with guidance

What do you dislike?

I wasn't that familiar with it and the tutorial seemed lacking in certain aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a demonstration from someone first.

When getting a demonstration on how a particular software works, meetup was a good vehicle for someone to show all the features of it.

"Good overall"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and accessible for everyone.

What do you dislike?

They need to advertise this portion of Meetip.

Setting up groups for private practice.

"Meetup Pro becoming outdated and outperformed"

What do you like best?

The concept is absolutely great and very useful for business professionals (and amateurs).

What do you dislike?

I think that the concept is absolutely great of course, but honestly you can get the same services from free platforms and social media sites.

We havent honestly solved any problems with Meetup Pro and I can get the same services through Social Media sites.

"Meetup Pro"

What do you like best?

It was worth multi state usage, however since I only needed a meetup in one city. It did not seem to make sense to utilize to the PRO option

What do you dislike?

I did not seem to need it for my purposes. More features advertised before signing up would help

No longer using it

"Meetup Pro Review"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is so easy to use! So easy to learn, you catch on real fast!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lag time, but I am sure it can be improved!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT!

Its helping our company be more efficient and utilize our time and money wisely!

"Lackluster Program"

What do you like best?

I liked the concept of Meetup Pro, but I did not think it delivered

What do you dislike?

Useful concept, however the user interface was very hard to use, and it was hard to integrate with other products or get users

surveys/ finding a time and place to hold meetings for remote workers, etc

UP
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Excellent Way to meet likeminded People! "

What do you like best?

I love that it's so easy to search and meetup with likeminded people in your region, it's especially good if you've just moved to a place.

What do you dislike?

A lot of emails and notifications, which aren't the easiest to tailor.

Meeting people in very specific niches :)

AM

"Good but not perfect"

What do you like best?

It is easy to promote and create events. Attendees have no complaints.

What do you dislike?

Adding graphics and custom marketing material is not very easy to do.

We are able to host and promote events in the community. It is raising our brand awareness in a positive way.

"Meetup Pro is the new revolutionary way to arrange meetings"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. Sign up is quick and can coordinate meetings with co-workers

What do you dislike?

Sometimes too many notifications, but not much of a problem.

Coordinating meeting times, and everyone has varied availabilities. Much easier to use Meetup

AH
(10,001+ employees)

"Meet Up Pro for Business "

What do you like best?

I was able to use to for a brand launch and create multiple events for new business interests

What do you dislike?

The limit of 3 groups made it difficult to grow past that number

Managing multiple events with new business interests

UT

"Love to meetup!"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to meet up at the touch of a button!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for in settings.

This has made it simple to set up my remote meetings.

"Meetup Pro"

What do you like best?

I like using this product because it is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I have ever had with this product is the connection.

Meetup Pro allows us to meet in a digital format.