Joist

Create estimates, send invoices, manage projects, and record payments from your iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web.

Work for Joist?

Learning about Joist?

Joist Reviews

Showing 13 Joist reviews
Joist review by Nate N.
Nate N.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Joist
Joist review by User

"Joist- good for self employed"

What do you like best?

I like how functional the app is and that I can quickly make updates to invoices and email the customer directly from the app.

What do you dislike?

In the past I have lost all of my information for an estimate if I didn't stop and save along the way. I'm not sure why it happened but nevertheless it was frustrating to have to do it all again, especially since I was at the customer's house.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Joist is easy to use and is a great tool for us as a small business and worth checking out if you are in the market for a new invoicing system!

We solved the problem of easily being able to send and update invoices as well as being able to easily track payments on different jobs.

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

Joist review by Marissa P.
Marissa P.

"Great for contractors "

What do you like best?

I love that estimates and invoices can be wrote up within minutes right from your phone tablet or laptop. They can also be sent via email immediately and the app shows every time the estimate or invoice is opened or viewed.

What do you dislike?

Can’t say that I dislike anything. I think the app is very well laid out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want quick easy estimates and invoices, use joist.

Easy estimates, I don’t have to download PDFs and email them, I just use the app and it does it for me.

Joist review by Charles U.
Charles U.

"Best estimating/invoicing software ever!"

What do you like best?

Its easy to setup, easy to use, and it's so efficient. I love that I can use it on my phone as well as on my computer at the office. I do alot of estimating on site and being able to log everything in the app and have it immediately available on the work computer is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's a great product and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel this app is very user friendly. Even for someone who might not be as tech savvy as some people. Definitely give joist a try.

It saves so much time. It streamlines my job and make estimating a little bit enjoyable actually.

Joist review by User

"Joist Review"

What do you like best?

I love how everything is so easily categorized, it saves my information and creates a very good-looking spreadsheet with all the information broke down. I am also able to add on markups that are not visible to the customers but spread out in a percentage over line items. Plus, they offer financing through their system itself which is EXTREMELY convenient.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not any thing I dont like about this system. I used to use Invoice Bee but am so much happier with Joist.

I am able to email my customers a spreadsheet and get notifications when they open them. Joist offers financing through their system which is extremely convenient, and it is all very user friendly for both us as contractors as well as our customers. It also syncs with Quickbooks, which is awesome as I utelize that program every day to keep track of my income and expenses.

Joist review by User in Financial Services

"Awesome for on the go estimates!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can use the app on my iphone and iPad while visiting the client. Makes life easy. This way I can discuss with them what they want done and I don't forget. No notes. I can create the estimate and email it right to them.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is if I forget my ipad or iphone I have to wait to I get back to the office to do the work! :) this very rarely does happen. But I have switched back over to Quickbooks because I didn't like having two different software/accounting programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are a freelancer and have no software pick this. You will not regret it.

I can track clients invoices and payments better. I can modify estimates easier. I think for a sole prop like a contractor just starting out Joist would be an excellent program. Perfect for a handy person type situation or a freelancer doing computer consulting.

Joist review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Simple to update invoices"

What do you like best?

The software has a great user interface and a modern feel, without the user being overwhelmed by overloaded features.

What do you dislike?

There is no way that one can accept online payments from the software and thus one has to manually update and chase payments

Recommendations to others considering the product

Joist is great, affordable and simple to use. I hope users can adopt it in their businesses

We needed an estimate software that could provide invoices

Joist review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"So convenient - invoicing/billing/payments all in one!"

What do you like best?

I love how seamless it is to not only manage your clients, but then you can easily prepare & send invoicing to clients, manage billing aspect of your business, even easily accept payments from your clients, all from the same place.

What do you dislike?

What's there not to like?! I honestly can't think of anything I dislike. If they could make it even more inclusive & have more customization options that would be nice, but not necessary

I'm able to manage my clients & their info from one source, & then manage & keep track of my invoicing/billing for each of them, accept payments from them directly thru Joist, & therefore be able to keep up with the status of all my client accounts.

Joist review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Joist is great for contract"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of the joist app, I like that it’s free app. You can send an invoice to any email and it lets them pay through the email, it also tells you each time the invoice was opened and viewed.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about the joist app I think it’s very well put together

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use joist if you’re a contracting business and need to get organized

Keeping organized, keeping records of invoices that went out, it also keeps track of how much I’ve made.

Joist review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"software isn't user friendly and customer support isn't helpful"

What do you like best?

that you're able to estimate projects on it. great for estimating, invoicing, online credit card payments, organizing overall, and can link to quickbooks which is a plus for small businesses like me.

What do you dislike?

customer support isn't helpful and they've disabled and reenabled phone support, also charing for it sometimes too. very confusing process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for the price and serves the overall purpose of what the software is made for. however, if you're looking for something where customer support is taken into consideration, I'd look elsewhere. They continue to change things around which make it very confusing and not user friendly at all.

estimate, invoice, online credit card payments, organizing, deposits, etc.

Joist review by Anthony O.
Anthony O.

"Amazing simple to use software"

What do you like best?

The joist software is extremely user friendly. And interface that is so simple allows for less time entering information and more time being productive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the full server based storage that can cause loading issues if internet is not being reliable.

Credit card processing via emailed invoices is great and takes that step out of my hands.

Joist review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Helps me send customers great invoices."

What do you like best?

Let’s me send customizable invoices to my customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes credit card payments take long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

Accepts credit card payment from my customers.

Joist review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Best app I have used "

What do you like best?

Best app for invoicing on the go. Easy estimate and good crm tool. Professional and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such but definitely room for improvement and adding more services

Invocing, estimates, payments

Learning about Joist?

* We monitor all Joist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.